AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-12-31, 13:05   Link #5681
Valky
Radioactive

Almost all of his works are fulfillment works, with simple plot too. He has too many series that some of it are abandoned for more than a month, and he still keeps making a new one .. The author must like writing.

Ah, it's off topic but Happy New Year guys.
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-01, 05:03   Link #5682
guyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valky View Post
Almost all of his works are fulfillment works, with simple plot too. He has too many series that some of it are abandoned for more than a month, and he still keeps making a new one .. The author must like writing.

Ah, it's off topic but Happy New Year guys.
I think he is just doing his best to write stuff that will get published (and earn him money). Once he runs out of creativity for a novel or the chances of another volume getting published are slim he starts writing a new one.
guyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-01, 13:21   Link #5683
Valky
Radioactive

Yeah, I kinda guess the same .. It's a bad luck to a fan of his abandoned work though, since it'll probably take a long time for an update, if there's any.
Valky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-02, 23:42   Link #5684
Kyureki
Part-time Translator

So I recently started reading LV999の村人 purely because I was in need of something with action to read (and partially because the artist for the LN is Fuumi) and didn't expect much out of it initially... Then I get a nice surprise out of what seems to be a distant future, post apocalyptic version of our world (not sure on the specifics since I'm only just starting on vol 2) and some mysteries stirring.
Old 2017-01-02, 23:52   Link #5685
WyrdMonger

Can someone list the top twenty harem WNs? Preferably those with both LN and Manga adaptations?
WyrdMonger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-05, 18:29   Link #5686
Kaito Yamakage

Haven't kept up with the forums much lately, a lot of these are more recent(mid 2016-to current)/rankings stuff, the ones I found average or above by my standards. It's me so expect isekai harem dorei stats revenge dungeon naisei nariagari (the literal tags I search by)

Spoiler for The WALL O MIGHTY:

Wasn't planning to write that wall of text, with how sloppy I wrote it all out spoiler'd for typos. Read only if you're desperate for fresh blood (from your eyes)
Old 2017-01-06, 03:10   Link #5687
dullman

Hmm so I read the novel about dungeon from post above, and what comes to my mind when reading about femine name of MC, if there is dungeon master novel with female MC (besides evil god average)?

Also is there a tag on syosetsu which describe raising child?
dullman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 15:50   Link #5688
guyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaito Yamakage View Post
It's me so expect isekai harem dorei stats revenge dungeon naisei nariagari (the literal tags I search by)
Sounds like some okay tags. Thanks for the list, I'm probably going to go through these one at a time to see if there are any that hold my attention. I've gotten really picky, I've noticed I get bored of novels if the MC doesn't do activities I would like to do myself if I was in the same position. I also dislike it when the MC struggles too much. Some proper escapism I guess

The activities I like, the top three are probably creation > relationship building > ...making (easy) money? If all of these are missing the MC needs to have some really interesting abilities or I get bored quick

And by creation I mean creating anything, the more elaborate the better. Planets, cities, dungeons, organisms, spells whatever. In an average isekai novel (that might have the tags above) when the MC settles and uses his powers to make or customize his house it's a good sign for me. Crafting magic tools or weapons etc. will do in a pinch. But when it goes the route of: register at adventurer guild > kill some monsters in the forest > do another quest at the mines or go to a dungeon or whatever > travel to another city while killing a couple bandits on the way > help a troubled orphanage at the new town etc. these types of novels where the MC is not "building up" anything are boring to me. Novels like hachinan, re:monster etc. are my favorite
guyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 16:18   Link #5689
Rasty

Quote:
Haven't kept up with the forums much lately, a lot of these are more recent(mid 2016-to current)/rankings stuff, the ones I found average or above by my standards. It's me so expect isekai harem dorei stats revenge dungeon naisei nariagari (the literal tags I search by)

Wasn't planning to write that wall of text, with how sloppy I wrote it all out spoiler'd for typos. Read only if you're desperate for fresh blood (from your eyes)
Which of them have some progressing relationships (snusnu prefered but not necessary)?
Rasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 16:34   Link #5690
Kaito Yamakage

^^ Yeah I am the same on those things. Usually I try to stick with them even if they rub me the wrong way, but when MCs are constantly making decisions that I find retarded its just difficult to keep going.

I can usually live with some struggles just as long as those struggles don't drag out or end up leaving the MC maimed, blind, limbless, and then somehow becoming OP in that state. I get the whole "I've suffered and now I'm stronger" concept, but some series go way overboard in trying to justify the cheats with suffering (the longest one I remember has like 200k in suffering prologue chapters I started to feel phantom pains IRL just from reading it all). If you're going to make them go through hell at least summarize it in 1-3 chapters.

I like series that cover all of the bases. You have series which focus on only a single aspect of adventuring/dungeons/naisei/etc... though I like the longer series that fit all genres/tenp and manage to mix it all into a solid storyline. The most important part is still that it reads smoothly. You never end up feeling like its a chore just getting through the next paragraph things feel like they are progressing. No matter what the content is a couple of interesting aspects and smoothly flowing plot will usually make pretty much anything a decent read.

^ Pretty much every one that has harem in the descript has developing relationships and about half of them go all the way to sex. Just going off quick memory, the first futa one, the gorilla one, the card game one, the holy knight one, the infinite wish one, the healer one, and the villain noble one all have sex. Not all are descriptive and the one with 21 classmates he has like 8 wives and sleeps naked with and pretty much does all but sex for plot reasons.
Old 2017-01-06, 17:05   Link #5691
WyrdMonger

Just to clarify, in the one with 21 classmates, does the mc get betrayed by anyone close? In stories like these, it's not uncommon for the mc to be betrayed by his own childhood friend.

Speaking of which in all the revenge stories you mentioned, do any of them involve treacherous CHFs?
WyrdMonger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 21:45   Link #5692
Kaito Yamakage

Not so far. One of the reasons I suggested don't read the prologue is because it doesn't make much sense. It might just be an error on the authors part or he wrote it before he adjusted the story later but in the prologue it suggests out of the 21, 18 of them were "begging" him to save them.

In reality 11 of them are VERY solid allies that would have no reason to doubt him by current chapter, so no idea why only 3 would have been silent at that point unless some shit happens later. (Current chapter is at year 15 of 28)

Beyond that question there is no betrayal by "close" people. Honestly with how OP everyone on his side knows he is right now they'd have to be insane to betray him. There were a few betrayals by randoms in the early volumes when MC doesn't get his shit together.

I think there might have been one treacherous CHF... honestly it happens so often I can't even remember which have them anymore. None of these were too hardcore on the CHF aspect.
Old 2017-01-06, 23:14   Link #5693
Garn

Don´t know about an MC with the ability to adapt/evolve little by little ?. (As Fallout / RuneFactory / Skyrim).
Restructuring his body according to what he experiences (like Hajime at the beginning of Arifureta), but with the premise that this is the only ability.
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 23:23   Link #5694
wuhugm
Confused Shark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garn View Post
Don´t know about an MC with the ability to adapt/evolve little by little ?. (As Fallout / RuneFactory / Skyrim).
Restructuring his body according to what he experiences (like Hajime at the beginning of Arifureta), but with the premise that this is the only ability.
Isekai Teni - Powered Suit no Renkinjutshi
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 23:48   Link #5695
Garn

^I found the post of that 4 days ago and I started to read it, but it has a slow update, only 100 chp in 2 years.

Man, the prologue to this "n5451cz" made me cry a little, remembering bitter situations.
Garn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-07, 16:22   Link #5696
Rasty

Quote:

So I tried two of the ones that seemed interesting.
Revenge local hero (n7169dq): No romance (I guess, as the author said the MC is not gonna get companions) and the revenge theme is, to say the truth, badlly written (which is a major flaw as according the author's statements he is gonna focus on revenge a lot). On the other hand the adventure part is nice and while nothing new with stealing skills, it's not done bad.

And card game (n8054dq): considering how bad the card game theme seems (from description), it's rather nice. The author seems to be getting better in writing with every chapter. While the MC sometimes has strange character swings, it's not unbearable. It might be interesting how the deck replacement deck replacement is gonna be handled (new card creation, or something like regen card?).
But being in chapter 21, I am seriously interested how the MC can manage whole harem (really looking forward to how this will be done). He seems to be rather overwhelmed by the dark elf alone... Well lets hope almighty level-up is gonna solve this problem.
Old 2017-01-07, 17:16   Link #5697
kari-no-sugata II

For something a bit different I decided to try reading some R18 novels recently. Generally, I avoid stuff that's too dark (just makes me depressed) and I don't find reading sex scenes to be particularly erotic unless there's an interesting dimension to it - too much "purple prose" in particular can be quite off-putting.

I found a few interesting series, but overall didn't find anything good enough that I could "recommend". Closest would be "Slave Harem in the Labyrinth of the Other World". Given the story, I don't mind it being rather self-indulgent (would be like complaining about a "desert" because it was "sweet") but the writing wasn't that great. Wasn't terrible but the pacing in particular was poor. Ironically, the "ero scenes" were too brief and cut down.
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-07, 17:19   Link #5698
wuhugm
Confused Shark

^Uhee... That's among the crappiest novel around Got a thread here too.
wuhugm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-07, 17:59   Link #5699
Rasty

^^ Eh? That one is still R15, right? It shouldn't fall into R18 even closely.

^ Don't listen to this guy. The novel isn't as bad as he makes it seem, though it kind of disappears to nothingness in the end (both in update frequency and story).
Old 2017-01-07, 18:03   Link #5700
cabman11

Holy crap there's some really hard core shit on Nocturne. And I mean really really hard core. It's amazing.
Spoiler:

Tags
web novel