Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-07-22, 05:13   Link #5681
Lolipopo
Srsly ?
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrupts View Post
Idk, thought i would re-post this one here, seeing how lately, the special Edition has been discussed here.
Redirecting from the image thread::

Not good quality, but i thought i would post them anwyay, till something new comes up. Credit to katsumi from LJ, apparently those are { a few??} images we'll see as ending of the Special Edition Zero Requiem.
Spoiler for cut because i am not of the people that enjoy stretching this section:
That's really a beautiful set, the first and the last one + the one at the beach are really made of awesomness.
It's kinda weird not to see the Ashford trip one though, it would have fit to this set.

Lolipopo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 12:30   Link #5682
ThoHell

Quote:
Do you even know what you are talking about, or ??
What do you think I'm talking about, or?
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 14:16   Link #5683
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoHell View Post
What do you think I'm talking about, or?
The problem is you're using the wrong terminology. OVA (Original Video Animation) indicates that it's going to be some kind of animation or continuation of the series that we haven't seen. The ZR DVD, however, is a recap. As far as I know we're not going to see any new animation or new scenes aside from those pictures that just came up, but those don't really count as animation. We'll get some new narration from four of the characters, probably summarizing and maybe giving some new insight on the events of R2, but still, not really enough to qualify it as an OVA. It could probably be best described as a recap.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 14:20   Link #5684
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
OVA is also used, when something new prior to what we have seen will be featured as well. So yeah, you used way too many wrong terms.
ZR, will be probably a recap with hopefully a few of new stuff, so yeah.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 17:18   Link #5685
darthfury78

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepressiveManiac View Post
Eh? I was talking about the one with Lelouch and Nunnally. It looks like a very nice "What if?" picture.
You mean to say that the last picture represents "What if" Marianne was not killed by that psyhopath V.V., the immortal brother of Charles?
darthfury78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 17:49   Link #5686
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by darthfury78 View Post
You mean to say that the last picture represents "What if" Marianne was not killed by that psyhopath V.V., the immortal brother of Charles?
Well, it's gotta be some kind of "what if." I mean, Nunnally can see and is standing on both her legs. So yeah, I'd say it's probably something like that.
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 17:50   Link #5687
incorrupts
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Well, it's gotta be some kind of "what if." I mean, Nunnally can see and is standing on both her legs. So yeah, I'd say it's probably something like that.

Lol, it is something like that. Seeing the oh-so-nice papa-mama-duo in the background as well.
Old 2009-07-22, 18:40   Link #5688
ThoHell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
The problem is you're using the wrong terminology. OVA (Original Video Animation) indicates that it's going to be some kind of animation or continuation of the series that we haven't seen. The ZR DVD, however, is a recap. As far as I know we're not going to see any new animation or new scenes aside from those pictures that just came up, but those don't really count as animation. We'll get some new narration from four of the characters, probably summarizing and maybe giving some new insight on the events of R2, but still, not really enough to qualify it as an OVA. It could probably be best described as a recap.
Quote:
OVA is also used, when something new prior to what we have seen will be featured as well. So yeah, you used way too many wrong terms.
ZR, will be probably a recap with hopefully a few of new stuff, so yeah.
No kidding that's what an OVA is, we all know what the acronym stands for. However, the dang thing is labeled as an OVA on many sources, so therefore that's what I referred to it as. I know it's a recap, because that's what they said it was. It's the exact same thing as the recap for season 1 but it's for season 2 and is about 30 minutes shorter. If it being called an OVA bothers you so much, go and change their labeling on the sites which has them labeled as an OVA.

Last edited by ThoHell; 2009-07-22 at 18:55.
ThoHell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 22:06   Link #5689
Betteroffer

I was rewatching the first season and during the SAZ's setup, it was mentioned that in exchange for creating it, Britannia would be given "exclusive rights to the Sakuradite." What exactly did this mean? Britannia already had control over Japan, and even though the industrial management was left to the NAC and Kyoto, wouldn't the Britannian government still have the final say in exactly which countries they traded the Sakuradite to, and how much they were willing to give out in the first place?
Betteroffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 22:15   Link #5690
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betteroffer View Post
I was rewatching the first season and during the SAZ's setup, it was mentioned that in exchange for creating it, Britannia would be given "exclusive rights to the Sakuradite." What exactly did this mean? Britannia already had control over Japan, and even though the industrial management was left to the NAC and Kyoto, wouldn't the Britannian government still have the final say in exactly which countries they traded the Sakuradite to, and how much they were willing to give out in the first place?
You misunderstand. Kirihara was given those exclusive rights by Britannia because he was working with them to remove the Black Knights' support.
Old 2009-07-22, 22:15   Link #5691
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
As I recall, during episode 8, when Shirley, Milly and Nina were hostages, the same hotel was a meeting place for some sort of summit that decided to distribution of Sakuradite to various countries, which seems to indicate that Britannia doesn't have a complete hold on the Sakuradite trade, though I don't know why they wouldn't.
Old 2009-07-23, 03:17   Link #5692
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngde View Post
As I recall, during episode 8, when Shirley, Milly and Nina were hostages, the same hotel was a meeting place for some sort of summit that decided to distribution of Sakuradite to various countries, which seems to indicate that Britannia doesn't have a complete hold on the Sakuradite trade, though I don't know why they wouldn't.
They don't have a complete hold on it. Its just that Japan is the largest source of Sakuradite in the world... and Britannia has it.
Old 2009-07-23, 03:34   Link #5693
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
They don't have a complete hold on it. Its just that Japan is the largest source of Sakuradite in the world... and Britannia has it.
And, powerful as they are, they would not win the predictable war if they decided to be greedy and hoard it. Trading keeps the other powers pacified.
Old 2009-07-24, 00:25   Link #5694
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
You misunderstand. Kirihara was given those exclusive rights by Britannia because he was working with them to remove the Black Knights' support.
So Kirihara would agree to disband the Kyoto 6 and point out the Britannian nobles on the NAC they had bribed to turn a blind eye, and in exchange he and the rest of Kyoto wouldn't get arrested and he would get exclusive rights to the Sakuradite? Would Kirihara having 100% control of the Sakuradite change anything, or was that just a reward for pointing out the nobles he had bribed?

Wouldn't this still leave the members of Kyoto with a good amount of money to restart their terrorist funding, or was the whole point that by streamlining the process they would have no chances to "lose" the resources in red tape? Even then, wouldn't the Kyoto members be able to to secretly aquire resources from other countries like China and the EU by "overpaying here and there" or something? (I'm not very politically, economically, or espionage...y savvy).

Was the reason that Britannia left the Sakuradite trade to the NAC and Kyoto because it fell under the economic jurisdiction, and it would be seen as one less headache for the government to deal with?
Old 2009-07-24, 00:30   Link #5695
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
So Kirihara would agree to disband the Kyoto 6 and point out the Britannian nobles on the NAC they had bribed to turn a blind eye, and in exchange he and the rest of Kyoto wouldn't get arrested and he would get exclusive rights to the Sakuradite? Would Kirihara having 100% control of the Sakuradite change anything, or was that just a reward for pointing out the nobles he had bribed?
It was a deal. He gets this, he rats out the NAC and stops funding the Black Knights.

Quote:
Wouldn't this still leave the members of Kyoto with a good amount of money to restart their terrorist funding, or was the whole point that by streamlining the process they would have no chances to "lose" the resources in red tape? Even then, wouldn't the Kyoto members be able to to secretly aquire resources from other countries like China and the EU by "overpaying here and there" or something? (I'm not very politically, economically, or espionage...y savvy).
They were interested in short-term benefits. Without Zero, terrorism wouldn't be a big problem.

Quote:
Was the reason that Britannia left the Sakuradite trade to the NAC and Kyoto because it fell under the economic jurisdiction, and it would be seen as one less headache for the government to deal with?
There is a provisional government they had to work with, and Elevens are cheaper labor. Made sense to put the collaborator (which Kirihara is) in charge of mining.
Old 2009-07-24, 00:42   Link #5696
Betteroffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
They were interested in short-term benefits. Without Zero, terrorism wouldn't be a big problem.
So the idea was as long as Zero gave up and joined the SAZ to keep up the "Knights of Justice" image, any other groups that Kyoto were able to fund (or survived independantly) would just be "savage terrorists" in the Japanese people's eyes, and would only be as successful as the localized ghetto groups were, and Cornelia would easily pick those off?
Old 2009-07-24, 01:15   Link #5697
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
So the idea was as long as Zero gave up and joined the SAZ to keep up the "Knights of Justice" image, any other groups that Kyoto were able to fund (or survived independantly) would just be "savage terrorists" in the Japanese people's eyes, and would only be as successful as the localized ghetto groups were, and Cornelia would easily pick those off?
Yes, pretty much. The SAZ discredited the terrorist movement, so any that cropped up would never gain traction.
Old 2009-07-24, 01:51   Link #5698
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Luckily for the Black Knights (at first), Lelouch managed to fuck things up and cause the SAZ to never happen.
Old 2009-07-26, 05:33   Link #5699
incorrupts
Banned

About ZR, they did re-dub cerain scenes. A friend from LJ, told me she has not watched it fully yet, but she noticed that in Rolo's scenes they added blood and the crying of Nunally in the end, it is different.

Man, i so wish they will have added tongue-effects in the Kalulu-kiss, so people will kindly shut up about it. 8D
Old 2009-07-26, 05:56   Link #5700
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
any other news on significant changes ?