AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2015-07-10, 09:25   Link #57161
The 48th Ronin

Apparently, the general consensus is that Shirou is too much of a wuss. Thus replace him with a more badass (read: Gary Stu) OC. The same case with Saito in FoZ.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-10, 14:27   Link #57162
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW-Otaku View Post
So... Infinite Stratos Cinderella Girls, then?
The Idol Stratos concept was developed from a backlash really. I, up to that point, had taken a Gladiators approach to developing my story, but the power creep and the fact that I was making massproduction IS do things they should never have been able to do.

I took a step back and reassessed where I really wanted to take my story. Ultimately, I wanted to take the Infinite Stratos and use it in the most unrelated, mundane and unexpected manner that both made sense in universe and still be surprising.

At the time, Idolm@Ster just ended and Love Live! was beginning its ridiculous run. It was around then I realized that I could easily take the characters I created and run them as very surprising idols. Also, calling the story Idol Stratos, even though in the story IS are referred to as spaceframes and the girls themselves, ISPers They started out as Idol Gladiators (a fighting equivalent of idol singers in our world) but as I polished the concept I felt that song and dance is still my strength (and preference) and things continued to change.

In the end, the mecha references that spawned Infinite Stratos Vandam I, especially idol Qixiang who contains shouts out to the several musical mecha series, ended up being the bridge that through Karon spawned the whole [Idol Stratos SHOOTiNG ST@R] story.

It is only on hindsight I see that the ST@Rs themselves contain references to all these idol anime. Some times, it is because the voiced character has links to a music anime outright (Lingyi to Futami, Houki to Seraphim, Mio). Others, like the girls being effectively school idols nods towards some anime in one way and the whole SHOOTiNG ST@Rs initiative itself with its large number of senior idol stratos nods towards 346 Productions. Some times, like in the design of Karon and UchiRed, there is a nod to the idols that voice the characters, in this case, the combi of Taketatsu Ayana and Yuuki Aoi, petit milady.

Because I used the tropes that make up an anime cast, I ended up with a company of 13-14 girls that can be argued contain a mishmash of attributes from other idol anime.
In the end, I would say that the SHOOTiNG ST@Rs is...

...a story about equipping idols with IS leading to an popularity spike while the idol training improves them as pilots. Then seeing where the heck the story goes from there.
Old 2015-07-11, 23:17   Link #57163
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Meister, Demino and Zero, I'm sending a PM to you guys because I need some help with my very stuck Firemoth storyline. But I need you guys to promise me that you won't spoil what we talk about in PM with the thread until I actually post the fic, is that okay?

check your PMs in a minute.
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-12, 01:28   Link #57164
SRW-Otaku
The Corniest Mecha Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
The Idol Stratos concept was developed from a backlash really. I, up to that point, had taken a Gladiators approach to developing my story, but the power creep and the fact that I was making massproduction IS do things they should never have been able to do.

I took a step back and reassessed where I really wanted to take my story. Ultimately, I wanted to take the Infinite Stratos and use it in the most unrelated, mundane and unexpected manner that both made sense in universe and still be surprising.

At the time, Idolm@Ster just ended and Love Live! was beginning its ridiculous run. It was around then I realized that I could easily take the characters I created and run them as very surprising idols. Also, calling the story Idol Stratos, even though in the story IS are referred to as spaceframes and the girls themselves, ISPers They started out as Idol Gladiators (a fighting equivalent of idol singers in our world) but as I polished the concept I felt that song and dance is still my strength (and preference) and things continued to change.

In the end, the mecha references that spawned Infinite Stratos Vandam I, especially idol Qixiang who contains shouts out to the several musical mecha series, ended up being the bridge that through Karon spawned the whole [Idol Stratos SHOOTiNG ST@R] story.

It is only on hindsight I see that the ST@Rs themselves contain references to all these idol anime. Some times, it is because the voiced character has links to a music anime outright (Lingyi to Futami, Houki to Seraphim, Mio). Others, like the girls being effectively school idols nods towards some anime in one way and the whole SHOOTiNG ST@Rs initiative itself with its large number of senior idol stratos nods towards 346 Productions. Some times, like in the design of Karon and UchiRed, there is a nod to the idols that voice the characters, in this case, the combi of Taketatsu Ayana and Yuuki Aoi, petit milady.

Because I used the tropes that make up an anime cast, I ended up with a company of 13-14 girls that can be argued contain a mishmash of attributes from other idol anime.
In the end, I would say that the SHOOTiNG ST@Rs is...

...a story about equipping idols with IS leading to an popularity spike while the idol training improves them as pilots. Then seeing where the heck the story goes from there.
In short: Macross with amored babes +IM@S
SRW-Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-12, 04:02   Link #57165
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

That's about the more obvious ones, especially with Qixiang and Kajie being set up as a spiritual "what-if" had Roy's VA hadn't commited suicide and prematurely ended their era of Macross, or with Houki's role as the songstress, Erika the poor hapless girl, or Karon's love for sweets and food, and her ability to fall over once a day without getting hurt.

You're also missing several other things in there, though I did try to be as subtle as possible with some of the references.

Last edited by MeisterBabylon; 2015-07-12 at 05:07.
MeisterBabylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-12, 08:48   Link #57166
SRW-Otaku

Yeah, maybe it's because I'm used to the obvious to-the-face references style of SRW. Then again, none of your characters screams out "LISTEN TO MY SONG!" then immediately causing everyone's blood to be hotter than lava, so it WAS kinda hard to spot even the Macross reference.
PS: I made PTS'd images for my OC, does that makes me a terrible author?

Last edited by SRW-Otaku; 2015-07-12 at 09:40.
Old 2015-07-13, 08:27   Link #57167
Chaos-Zero

Send a message via MSN to Chaos-Zero
I know that its a bit bore for a crossover but. What do you think it would happen if Ichika and his harem were to meet Tsukune and his own girls. For those who don't know those two, they came from Rosario+Vampire series. It also have their RV counterparts.

Tsukune Aono, a RV counterpart to Ichika
Moka Akashiya, a RV counterpart to Houki
Kurumu Kurono, a RV counterpart to Cecilia
Yukari Sendo, a RV counterpart to Rin
Mizore Shirayuki, a RV counterpart to Charlotte
Ruby Tojo, a RV counterpart to Laura
Chaos-Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-13, 08:39   Link #57168
SRW-Otaku

Eh, it could be good if you know how to handle the interactions between the characters. I saw many fics with great potential getting ruined because of the author's inability to properly work out the interactions.
Old 2015-07-13, 10:13   Link #57169
demino_hellsin
That one guy

For all the military types in this thread. Can a civilian be placed into an officer's position in the military due to exemplary skill and not due to emergency situations? Or is it complete fictional hogwash?
Old 2015-07-13, 12:39   Link #57170
S.Freedom

Well, in certain situations doctors and lawyers are drafted into service at the rank of captain. The 70's show MASH is a good example of doctors/nurses drafted into the military during war.(specifically Korea)

Though I suppose engineers could be if the situation was desperate enough to warrant it, they could also be drafted into service.

Otherwise I don't think a situation like Kira(GSD) really happens in RL militaries.

Last edited by S.Freedom; 2015-07-13 at 16:02.
S.Freedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-13, 14:18   Link #57171
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW-Otaku View Post
Eh, it could be good if you know how handle the interactions between the characters. I saw many fics with great potential getting ruined because of the author's inability to properly work out the interactions.
True to that. It important for the author to be sure that they stay true to their characteristics. If Ichika were to meet Tsukune, they would be great friends. Once Ichika heard his story, there's a slight chance of him feeling jealous in the good way that Tsukune have a girlfriend in Moka while he doesn't. After hearing that, Tsukune would be more than happy to help Ichika to solve his girl problems due to his love experience. Thus, Ichika not only he would be happy but to be inspired.

If Houki were to meet Moka, they would be great friends too. There's a good chance of Houki feeling slightly jealous that not only did she managed to tell a boy she loved in Tsukune how she feel, but Moka have less worries about other girls who vying for a boy's affection becmooause Tsukune loves her back. Houki would be inspired by Moka though.

If Cecilia were to meet Kurumu, she would be shocked that Kurumu smothering Tsukune with her breasts and they're bigger than Cecilia's.

If Rin were to meet Yukari, she would be impressed by her higher smarts, and jealous at the same time as she managed to kiss Tsukune. Thus developing a rivalry with her to see which pair is a better couple. Although Ichika and Tsukune would be embarrassed by them, Rin would be easily outdone by Yukari due to her abuse towards Ichika.

If Charlotte were to meet Mizore, she would think that Mizore's quite daring as she stop at nothing when its come to love. But Charlotte also finds Mizore as she's very creepy once she learns that she's a stalker.

If Laura were to meet Ruby, they would see that they a lot in common. However, Ruby would first question Laura about her understanding the meaning of a word, "bride". After Ruby clears it up, then she will encourage Laura to capture his heart. Thus, giving her strength to do so.

What do you guys think? Did I capture they true characteristics?
Old 2015-07-13, 16:56   Link #57172
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos-Zero View Post
I know that its a bit bore for a crossover but. What do you think it would happen if Ichika and his harem were to meet Tsukune and his own girls. For those who don't know those two, they came from Rosario+Vampire series. It also have their RV counterparts.

Tsukune Aono, a RV counterpart to Ichika
Moka Akashiya, a RV counterpart to Houki
Kurumu Kurono, a RV counterpart to Cecilia
Yukari Sendo, a RV counterpart to Rin
Mizore Shirayuki, a RV counterpart to Charlotte
Ruby Tojo, a RV counterpart to Laura
charl, isn't the stalker type, plus Laura is more perverted & more extreme than tojo, also rin doesn't want to have a 3-way with houki & ichika

Last edited by lovetospoon73; 2015-07-13 at 23:37.
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-14, 12:30   Link #57173
Chaos-Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
charl, isn't the stalker type, plus Laura is more perverted & more extreme than tojo, also rin doesn't want to have a 3-way with houki & ichika
Of course that I realize that there's a difference between the respective three. But Both Yukari and Rin were the youngest and have the smallest breasts. Both Laura and Ruby first intend to kill Ichika and Tsukune but. After they were moved by the kindness of their respective man, both of them become the fifth members of their respective harem. Both Charl and Mizore become the fourth members of their respective harem.
Old 2015-07-14, 14:02   Link #57174
lovetospoon73

do u think if womens' rage were weaponized, it would be the end of us all!?
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 06:31   Link #57175
DarkJak2050

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
do u think if womens' rage were weaponized, it would be the end of us all!?
Did you even have to ask that?...
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-16, 09:06   Link #57176
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Amongst the elder harem, excluding Tabane, who would you never ever send to pay the bills?
Old 2015-07-16, 21:32   Link #57177
The 48th Ronin

Tabane. The entire office will go nuts. What a nice oneshot idea?

Speaking of idea, what if Ichika had a disability, like blindness or deafness?
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 02:19   Link #57178
SRW-Otaku

As long as it doesn't ends up like the Daredevil movie, I'm cool.
Old 2015-07-17, 08:37   Link #57179
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Who was it previously thinking of putting in a tall female IS pilot?
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-17, 09:24   Link #57180
demino_hellsin
That one guy

That would be me wave

A tall kind and sweet girl.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest