AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2016-07-02, 17:55   Link #5721
Amuris

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
Nah. He already doesn't like her much because the brainwashing thing. Plus I'm sure he would sympathize a lot with the girl who got her lover stolen.
that's the point though. It would be pointless if they did just like eachother. It's because they both touch on things they don't want to think about that the romance is worth telling. They have a good basis for coming to like eachother and getting them to that point would make an actual story.
Old 2016-07-02, 23:57   Link #5722
cabman11

Did anyone else besides me forget that old man ronant existed?
Old 2016-07-03, 03:35   Link #5723
Breimn

Who cares about that old man. I want Shun to be rekt, yandere imotou to appear and the pope's spirit to be broken.
Sophia should realize already that she can simply turn priests into vampires and start a religious civil war in pope's lap .
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 06:22   Link #5724
cabman11

Although it hasn't been stated I'm pretty sure Dustin the rule of temperance is pretty much maxed out in terms of skill. maybe not status but probably skill.

He runs the giant organization whose motto is "get as much skill as possible"
Old 2016-07-03, 11:39   Link #5725
Yoburi

Wrath won`t have sex with Sophia it would be too weird and akward later besides the fact he doesn`t look like the type that have one night stands besides the fact they do`nt even like each other.

Also Sophia is clearly just teasing him because she knows he is going to say no if he was smart he sould have said 'ok lets do it now' to tease her back. (reminds me of a episode of Friends where Phoebe and Chandler were teasing each other with sex)
Yoburi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 11:45   Link #5726
Breimn

>sophia needs blood
>wrath gives her blood so that she does not brainwash/assault someone
>both start getting excited
>Sophia ends up raping Wrath
Or many other ways they could end up having sex(if it were an hentai).
Old 2016-07-03, 12:13   Link #5727
kari-no-sugata II

No new raw today. The wait goes on...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
Define 'mini'
For this series, simple definition would be when we have "title + number". 2nd longest mini-arc

If this was an anime, that min-arc would probably have been just 1 episode though. Having all the background analysis from multiple perspectives pads things out quite a lot.

Quote:
Also at first I don't like how Sophia decided to live as vampire and completely forgetting that she was once human, but now that I think about it, at the very least she's now fully aware of what she's doing and did it by her own choice instead of like last time. Last time it seems that she was drown in her own situation as a vampire and didn't seem to have full grasp of what she's doing.

At the very least, I think it's better than her own situation before this chapter but I do hope there's still room for her to grow.
From a character development perspective, Sophia is very interesting. Instead of being an "ugly duckling" type (which she looked like being for a while) it's more like "the joke became real" (similar for Wrath too since he used to be called "goblin" when younger). I have found her to be quite annoying at times since she sometimes gets quite irrational, but as other characters have observed, it's not that surprising that she's quite messed up given everything that happened to her. It's also nice to see various shades of grey and a surprisingly diverse set of approaches from different characters.

Sophia is starting to stabilise, but clearly has more to do. Whether that'll feel like "growth" or not I dunno but she still has to decide things like her relationship with Shiro and Wrath.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuris View Post
that's the point though. It would be pointless if they did just like eachother. It's because they both touch on things they don't want to think about that the romance is worth telling. They have a good basis for coming to like eachother and getting them to that point would make an actual story.
A romance between Sophia and Wrath could be interesting, though currently it looks unlikely. I'd be very happy to see the author explore a different kind of relationship, which is certainly the case currently. I like well written romances but it's nice to see something different too, particularly in fantasy settings.

Quote:
Did anyone else besides me forget that old man ronant existed?
He hasn't shown up for a while but he's been pretty memorable. I wonder how long it'll be until we see him again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Breimn View Post
Who cares about that old man. I want Shun to be rekt, yandere imotou to appear and the pope's spirit to be broken.
Sophia should realize already that she can simply turn priests into vampires and start a religious civil war in pope's lap .
For Sophia and the pope, that's certainly one possible ending. For example, I've thought about a possible scenario after the elf war - where Shiro and Sophia head into another meeting with the pope to discuss what to do next and Shiro telling Sophia that she expects the pope to oppose her and in which case Sophia is free to do whatever she likes. Certainly the most obvious "win" for Sophia would be to turn Dustin into a vampire and use Kin Domination to break him (though I don't think we've seen a vampire's Kin Domination in action, Sophia has it at LV6 last we saw).

One final thought: Wrath seems to be in a very difficult situation. Unless he figures out that Sophia doesn't need blood (because she's a True Ancestor), then either he has to admit he was wrong and agree that it is reasonable for Sophia to use stuff like hypnotism to get blood, or he has to agree to give blood himself (or otherwise be a clear hypocrite). Check mate? (the possibility of sex would be separate matter).
kari-no-sugata II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 13:28   Link #5728
Xacual

Quote:
Although it hasn't been stated I'm pretty sure Dustin the rule of temperance is pretty much maxed out in terms of skill. maybe not status but probably skill.

He runs the giant organization whose motto is "get as much skill as possible"
You know cabman, as early as last week you were saying everywhere that Dustin was the Ruler of Diligence and now you're saying he's Temperance?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-03, 14:57   Link #5729
Amuris

I thought we agreed for the longest time he would have to be temperance as it wouldn't make sense for bitchelffuker or whatever we call him now.

extreme self-control still makes more sense with the pope than elfbastard....I actually am starting to forget his name...
Old 2016-07-03, 16:45   Link #5730
kari-no-sugata II

Well, the one upside of no new release is that we can continue to speculate... (not that the next chapter will necessarily end the speculation)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoburi View Post
Wrath won`t have sex with Sophia it would be too weird and akward later besides the fact he doesn`t look like the type that have one night stands besides the fact they do`nt even like each other.

Also Sophia is clearly just teasing him because she knows he is going to say no if he was smart he sould have said 'ok lets do it now' to tease her back. (reminds me of a episode of Friends where Phoebe and Chandler were teasing each other with sex)
Sophia didn't say that line to tease him - it just popped out and it shocked her as well. She generally goes on instinct rather than being a planner. It's not quite clear what exactly shocked her but I don't currently get the impression that she wouldn't go through it - she thought Wrath's response was "prudish", after all. She seems to have developed a quite casual attitude to a number of things though of course she could change her mind later. However, unless she strongly rejects the idea later I don't think she will withdraw the offer - she'd probably be too prideful to back down without a strong reason and she also wants to "win" against Wrath in general.

That being said, I agree about Sophia teasing Wrath in general. She tends to use a mocking tone with him quite frequently. If they don't have sex she'd probably continue to tease him about being a virgin.

Regarding what you said first: this is why I think that if they do have sex it'd probably be on only one occasion. It'd certainly be weird if they had sex regularly but still have the attitude we see between them later. I also agree that Wrath isn't the type who'd want a one night stand - he's an inflexible and conservative type. However, I think it's possible that Sophia might be able to seduce him once - as discussed in posts above, where things are right now it'll be very hard for Wrath to refuse to provide blood to Sophia and having your blood sucked seems to be a powerful aphrodisiac. I can easily imagine Wrath underestimating the effect until he's experienced it once. Sophia only told him that having your blood sucked feels good - she didn't tell him it felt so good it often led to sex.

So basically: it'll be hard for Wrath to refuse to provide blood and once that happens then them having sex would be quite plausible - obviously providing that Sophia is still willing and that Wrath finds himself unable to resist.

Quote:
>sophia needs blood
>wrath gives her blood so that she does not brainwash/assault someone
>both start getting excited
>Sophia ends up raping Wrath
Or many other ways they could end up having sex(if it were an hentai).
For Sophia, sucking blood seems to be "tasty" rather than an "aphrodisiac" - ie she'd probably be in more or less the same mood before and after sucking blood. Also, unless she uses a "skill" on him I don't think she'd be able to force him against his will since he should be considerably stronger by default. Since they've been training Heresy Resistance, it'd probably be hard to use such a skill.

Quote:
I thought we agreed for the longest time he would have to be temperance as it wouldn't make sense for bitchelffuker or whatever we call him now.

extreme self-control still makes more sense with the pope than elfbastard....I actually am starting to forget his name...
According to Shiro, the pope is the Ruler of Temperance.
Old 2016-07-03, 18:33   Link #5731
Amuris

Well, SophiaxKyouya was something I was Shipping since around when they first appeared, so I'm fine with it being a long shot. It's them being with Felmina and Waldo that I have a hard time swallowing. They don't have a strong enough presence in the story or for Sophia and Kyouya to toss them into a relationship. The opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy. The portion of Sophia and Kyouya's feelings they have reserved for eachother can't be compared to how much they think about those two.
Old 2016-07-03, 19:08   Link #5732
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
For Sophia, sucking blood seems to be "tasty" rather than an "aphrodisiac" - ie she'd probably be in more or less the same mood before and after sucking blood.
Actually, maybe what I wrote there is wrong. There seems to be enough evidence to say that Sophia is addicted to sucking blood (to some degree). So it may work as something like an aphrodisiac, though how it compares to having your blood sucked is unclear.

Sophia may well have unconsciously linked drinking blood followed by having sex, after doing it often enough for long enough when she was under stress. If so she probably didn't consciously realise that she had linked them together - maybe we'll see her examine herself about this later. It's possible she's never had sex without first drinking blood.
Old 2016-07-04, 07:23   Link #5733
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Well, SophiaxKyouya was something I was Shipping since around when they first appeared, so I'm fine with it being a long shot. It's them being with Felmina and Waldo that I have a hard time swallowing. They don't have a strong enough presence in the story or for Sophia and Kyouya to toss them into a relationship. The opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy. The portion of Sophia and Kyouya's feelings they have reserved for eachother can't be compared to how much they think about those two.
It occurs to me that while this series has quite a number of characters in love with other characters, they're pretty much all one-sided loves. The only romantic couple I can think of is the pair of reincarnators turned adventurers who where dragged to the elf village just before the war - Tagawa Kunihiko and Kushitani Asaka.

With regards to Felmina and Waldo, I wonder what's going to happen, now that Waldo is a vampire. He's going to need blood after all. Can he get proper blood from Sophia? (Totally different thought - does Shiro have blood at all? Spiders have a sort-of blue blood but it's rather different in composition to human blood. Who knows what happened to her body after she becomes a god). If he can't get proper blood from Sophia then I can imagine Felmina offering Waldo her blood and Waldo accepting (since he now understands her circumstances). So in such a scenario the most likely result would be Felmina and Waldo becoming a couple, though that would also depend on how attached Waldo is to Sophia.

Could Waldo and Sophia become a couple? They seem to get on okay though now that they're both vampires that could easily change things. Waldo is probably far weaker than Sophia and that might go against her vampire instincts. Also, if Sophia can't get proper blood from Waldo anymore then that could put some distance between them - though it also means that they could have a "real" romance. All sorts of possibilities.

Felmina and Wrath? Well, they don't seem incompatible from a personality point of view. Biggest problem is probably that Felmina still seems to be in love with Waldo. Second biggest problem is probably that Wrath doesn't seem likely to be interested in romance right now - unless we get some series flag-building events, two quiet types seem unlikely to form a romance with so much else going on around them.
Old 2016-07-04, 08:04   Link #5734
gn_X00

i doubt that we'll even get chapters that involves Felmina and Waldo much. and personally their relationship with the main characters are also blend except to add the main food in the main character's relationship
(the whole hypnotism actually make Wrath and Sophia's interaction more interesting because Wrath's experience on getting "brainwashed" by tamer skill and Wrath skill, while Sophia need to do it "to live" as a Vampire)

"brainwashed" and "to live" isn't exactly the literal meaning, but eh
Old 2016-07-04, 09:01   Link #5735
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn_X00 View Post
i doubt that we'll even get chapters that involves Felmina and Waldo much. and personally their relationship with the main characters are also blend except to add the main food in the main character's relationship
Yeah. Normally, you'd think that if Felmina and Waldo were going to become more significant to the plot we'd have seen something from their POV by now. However, this author has surprised me a number of times, so you never know. Still, I'd probably bet on Felmina and Waldo fading into the background somewhat.

Quote:
(the whole hypnotism actually make Wrath and Sophia's interaction more interesting because Wrath's experience on getting "brainwashed" by tamer skill and Wrath skill, while Sophia need to do it "to live" as a Vampire)

"brainwashed" and "to live" isn't exactly the literal meaning, but eh
Whatever relationship they end up having, it looks likely to be interesting since there is a lot of natural tension between them. Doesn't look like romantic tension though (currently).

On a different topic, what kind of relationship do people expect between Shiro and Sophia and Shiro and Wrath longer term? I don't think Sophia has any problems with Shiro's plans apart from removing the skills from the System (ie could lose her status as a Vampire), and the main tension between them currently seems to be at a personal level (though I get the feeling that things will improve between them). If Sophia finds out that the removal of the skills will likely kill her, I'm not sure what she'd think. For Wrath and Shiro, I think Wrath will reluctantly accept Shiro's plans sometime soon and even proactively help her but not ever fully trust her. It'll be interesting to see how Wrath joins the Demon Army and becomes one of the commanders - and also where Sophia will officially fit in.
Old 2016-07-04, 09:47   Link #5736
Breimn

Another day without kumoko has passed. I hope we get a bunch of releases tomorrow.
Old 2016-07-04, 11:56   Link #5737
gn_X00

I doubt Shiro will let them die. she isn't even letting Sophia dies/kidnapped when it's not even her business. she won't let them die because of something that she does (except if they stand in her way)

Wrath is really rational so far. I bet he will also follow on Pope's ideal which is to save more poeple with the least amount of sacrifice (but not limited to humans like the pope's). He'll follow Shiro's plans, while being cautious of her lies/untold informations. he'll keep following the plans if it's still the one with best ratio though
Old 2016-07-04, 14:28   Link #5738
Ebrie

Quote:
Another day without kumoko has passed. I hope we get a bunch of releases tomorrow.
It seems that Okina is writing this story concurrently with Escape Sheep Land (for the last two weeks she has posted chapters). My guess is releases will be thin until she's finished that story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kari-no-sugata II View Post
Yeah. Normally, you'd think that if Felmina and Waldo were going to become more significant to the plot we'd have seen something from their POV by now. However, this author has surprised me a number of times, so you never know. Still, I'd probably bet on Felmina and Waldo fading into the background somewhat.

Whatever relationship they end up having, it looks likely to be interesting since there is a lot of natural tension between them. Doesn't look like romantic tension though (currently).

On a different topic, what kind of relationship do people expect between Shiro and Sophia and Shiro and Wrath longer term? I don't think Sophia has any problems with Shiro's plans apart from removing the skills from the System (ie could lose her status as a Vampire), and the main tension between them currently seems to be at a personal level (though I get the feeling that things will improve between them). If Sophia finds out that the removal of the skills will likely kill her, I'm not sure what she'd think. For Wrath and Shiro, I think Wrath will reluctantly accept Shiro's plans sometime soon and even proactively help her but not ever fully trust her. It'll be interesting to see how Wrath joins the Demon Army and becomes one of the commanders - and also where Sophia will officially fit in.
I think Felmina and Waldo will get their own PoVs pretty soon as different reflections on the main characters (like Ronant, and the summoner). They will probably just been single chapters. We have such overpowered characters that they will serve as a good anchor to the story.

The story has had very little romance as of yet, but SophiaxWrath is a classic arc. Two people with entirely opposing viewpoints finding common ground and eventually trusting each other. I personally think that Sophia's definition of 'evil' will be far less extreme than it sounds. Even though she has been using people for blood for quite a while, she has been training all of her donors in magic. The hard part about this type of chapter release is that many of the arguments are left half finished, so it's pretty hard to predict what the end goal will be. It could be that Wrath will stand his ground and propose better ways for Sophia to take blood (although I find it unlikely).

In the long term, I think Shiro and Sophia (specifically Sophia) will acknowledge the relationship the two have. Sophia will act as an anchor to Shiro in this world, for it makes it impossible for Shiro to leave as long as Sophia might die. Sophia in many ways is still a bratty kid, and her acknowledging that she loves her mother will signal her true coming of age. I still think 'Skill Erasure' will be created due to Shiro worrying about Sophia.

Wrath will serve as the conscious for Shiro in the end. He will probably end up as a friend to her that she wasn't able to really have before (Ariel is her sister, Gyurie/D are targets to be feared and Sophia is her daughter). I doubt that he will convince Shiro to totally stop her plan, but I bet he will make her mindful of the losses.
Ebrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-07-04, 14:39   Link #5739
kari-no-sugata II

Quote:
With my translator hat on I'd prefer a steady release of chapters rather than it being in bunches. Anyway, author's priorities and needs come first - if it's in a bunch then I'll just deal with it as best as I can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gn_X00 View Post
I doubt Shiro will let them die. she isn't even letting Sophia dies/kidnapped when it's not even her business. she won't let them die because of something that she does (except if they stand in her way)
From a story-telling point of view, if the series ends with the skills/status being removed from the System as per Shiro's current plan, it would probably feel like a "bad end". Of course, if there's no other reasonable alternative then that's that. However, a seemingly viable alternative has now been presented - Sariel sacrifices herself and Kuro steps in. Seems like a "win" all around, except for Kuro (and some others that directly or indirectly depend on the Goddess) and he's largely responsible for the mess in the first place anyway.

If it did come down to it, I think Shiro would sacrifice people she cares about. She doesn't believe in sacrificing herself at least - ie isn't going to be a "hero". But, would she take a risk for herself in order to gain a better result for those she cares about? Maybe. For example, she seems willing to have a death match with Kuro if necessary even though the odds should be against her.

Quote:
Wrath is really rational so far. I bet he will also follow on Pope's ideal which is to save more poeple with the least amount of sacrifice (but not limited to humans like the pope's). He'll follow Shiro's plans, while being cautious of her lies/untold informations. he'll keep following the plans if it's still the one with best ratio though
It'll be interesting to see which direction he goes and how/why. He seems terrified to go down the pope's route, currently.
Old 2016-07-04, 15:18   Link #5740
Xacual

Correct me if I'm wrong but Kuro stepping in was implied as a temporary at best solution?

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, non-human mc, reincarnation