Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2013-12-04, 17:44   Link #5721
Halberd
ARX-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
They wouldn't be saving them just for an OVA. Even Unicorn wasn't held off to the OVA, and doing so on something like Frozen Teardrop could be total suicide if the new designs don't resonate well with people.

We will eventually see them, it just may take a bit more time. With the novel having terribad pacing issues, the suit reveals might as well have timing issues to go along with it.
It's just that I don't see the point in hiding the designs for so long. Spiralling Serenade is probably the last book, are they saving them for the final battle, maybe?
Halberd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 17:49   Link #5722
Tendou Souji

I doubt Spiraling Serenade is the last book. Barely anything has happened in the present story and Earth vs Mars is sort of hinted at. That would take a lot of time to do. I think one reason the designs haven't been revealed is that they are afraid. Too much is riding on the designs being liked. Especially Snow White. If the designs aren't really popular and don't sell everything about this project was completely pointless.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 19:39   Link #5723
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
I doubt Spiraling Serenade is the last book. Barely anything has happened in the present story and Earth vs Mars is sort of hinted at. That would take a lot of time to do. I think one reason the designs haven't been revealed is that they are afraid. Too much is riding on the designs being liked. Especially Snow White. If the designs aren't really popular and don't sell everything about this project was completely pointless.
Nah, the real reason is that the designs aren't finished yet and they are using the cloaks in-story to postpone the reveals. Katoki was too busy with UC and other projects like re-redesigning the 6 Gundams for the MG gunplas. Also add the Sumisawa problem.

They obviously made the Proto Wing Zero to reuse the mold for Snow White since the old MG is outdated. All the FT Gundams and the remaining TV upgrades MGs are coming this year or 2015 at most.

Proof: they finally showed what the Seven Dwarfs looks like, final Katoki design there folks.
gordol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 19:57   Link #5724
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

I, too, think we're far from the end of the novel. If it did end in the following couple of chapters, it'd feel very weird. Sumizawa still needs to tie in all those flashbacks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gordol View Post
Proof: they finally showed what the Seven Dwarfs looks like, final Katoki design there folks.
I hope for your sake they aren't Odin Lowe'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purdys99 View Post
Arrrgh, why are they making Relena sound so stupid? Sumizawa just practically erased both hers and Heero's characters arcs from the entire series and has completely regressed them. Seriously.
Agreed, it feels an awful lot like their character development is going in circles. But I guess circles are fine, considering what odd "development" everyone else has gotten (i.e. Hilde, Catherine).

Hey, wait a sec... Catherine punched a kid for not saying "hi," Hilde broke her husband's arm and Relena shot her kinda-sorta-not-really boyfriend through the chest. Is anyone else seeing a pattern here???

Quote:
Though I am all for any scenes b/t Dorothy and Relena b/c I find them fascinating. From what you told me, I am completely on Team Dorothy right now for her calling out Relena's crap. Did Relena even have a response to Dorothy's dose of reason or did she just spout out more complete pacifist drivel?
Nope, Dorothy shut her up with that. If Relena had a reaction, it was pointedly averting her gaze to the floor. Yes, I love Dorothy, too.

But as FalsePrime pointed out, too, it's largely the whole PPP thing that binds Relena's hands. If she does something reckless, 3 billion people die. That's a pretty good reason to try with diplomacy first.

(Also, a funny little passage in the chapter: at one point Stella's guards threaten Relena with their guns and she winces not out of fear but because of the PPP's consequences. But just a few lines prior Relena says that the PPP wouldn't activate if Heero killed her.
Old news, I know, but I'm still trying to figure out why Heero killing her is okay but someone else is not. It's not like she gives a darn about dying. :S)

Oh and by the by, you're totally to blame for me getting stuck with the mental image of the GW ladies doing Flay's pose from the first SEED opening. I hope you're proud of yourself. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Crux View Post
I'm trying to translate the cover where both Heero (gundam pilot and colony leader) are...
So the new arc will be something like "Serenade of the Spiral" ? (螺旋 の 小夜曲) I hope I'm not reading it wrong. and "Two People 'Heero Yui' Fate for each one starts to move" (二人の " ヒイロ·ユイ” それぞれの運命が動き出す)
I'm using google translator so I don't know if kanjis are ok, nor if the translation is accurate.
If you have Japanese text, I highly recommend kicking google translator in the junk and using the firefox add-on rikaichan. With just a basic understanding of the language, you can translate most text coherently.

So "Two People 'Heero Yui' Fate for each one starts to move" becomes "Two 'Heero Yuy's; each one's destiny comes alive."

[though that sentence still sounds funny to my non-native English speaking ears ]
IkuzeMinna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 20:14   Link #5725
Halberd
ARX-6

I don't follow FT closely but from some posts in this thread, I assumed it was nearing the final battle. For how many volumes do you think it could go on?
Halberd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 21:15   Link #5726
Tendou Souji

Quote:
Nah, the real reason is that the designs aren't finished yet and they are using the cloaks in-story to postpone the reveals. Katoki was too busy with UC and other projects like re-redesigning the 6 Gundams for the MG gunplas. Also add the Sumisawa problem.

They obviously made the Proto Wing Zero to reuse the mold for Snow White since the old MG is outdated. All the FT Gundams and the remaining TV upgrades MGs are coming this year or 2015 at most.

I was going with that too originally but you would think that they would reveal designs during the downtime to tide people over. I really don't know how many Wing MG to expect next year but I think it depends on the sales of the BD set. I figure they are going to make Zero EW before making Snow White since they need to wings for like 3 other suits and they can reuse Zero EW runners for the black one.
Tendou Souji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-04, 21:50   Link #5727
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tendou Souji View Post
I was going with that too originally but you would think that they would reveal designs during the downtime to tide people over. I really don't know how many Wing MG to expect next year but I think it depends on the sales of the BD set. I figure they are going to make Zero EW before making Snow White since they need to wings for like 3 other suits and they can reuse Zero EW runners for the black one.
Ok, let's go by each future MG:
-Epyon Ares: just the Epyon ver Ka with a silver left arm and beam cannons inside the feet mouths. Easy
-Epyon White: Epyon ver Ka painted white and blue, no heat rod instead it gets Shenlong's ver Ka Beam Trident. Dragon Fan is just another Epyon dragon head but we don't know how it transforms exactly, else just mold a beam and machine cannons inside the additional dragon head. Easy
-Altron ver Ka: new green/yellow paint, new arms(Dragon Fangs), additional Beam emitter on the Beam Trident. Now it has the TV ver Wings and Tail Beam Cannon. Medium
-Sandrock Kai: new blue paint, ABC mantle and small space thrusters additions. The Beam Uzi and Shield are already done. Easy
-Heavyarms Kai: new blue paint, small space thrusters additions, mask? and the new Twin Gatlings. Easy
-Prometheus: just use the existing Heavyarms MG as base, add cross gatling and new attachments. Not counting the unseen new details
-Sherazade: just use the existing Sandrock MG as base, only has a veil and small sword for now. Not counting the unseen new details
-Warlock: just use the existing Deathscythe MG as base, only has a twin beam scythe for now Not counting the unseen new details
-Tallgeese III: new paint, new head, new shield, new mega beam cannon, rest is the same. Easy
-Tallgeese Heaven: new paint?, new dobergun?, new shield?, old Wing Zero Wings. New details like the halo

It's all been planned for year folks, Bandai is like that
Old 2013-12-15, 08:23   Link #5728
Knight_SV

next year perhaps we finally will get MG altron ver. GoL (the one with the re-added Wing and tail beam cannon). MG altron has already been rumoured since 2012 but always get delayed and out of light
Knight_SV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 20:38   Link #5729
NTC

Hi all,
new pics from Moruga9 on Pixiv
id=40334693

Last edited by NTC; 2013-12-17 at 21:01.
NTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-17, 20:58   Link #5730
gordol
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTC View Post

Hi all,
new pics from Moruga9 on Pixiv
Thanks a lot bro! Virgo IV uses the old beam cannon...
Old 2013-12-18, 19:00   Link #5731
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Great to see they fixed the paint job. Those green Virgos were an eyesore. But other than that, I can't detect much of a change between II and IV... Makes one wonder what Virgo III looked like. And who built it. After all, there was supposed to be peace.

Also big thanks NTC for the translation of the latest chapter. One of these days I'll take a look at it with googlefish.
Old 2013-12-18, 19:07   Link #5732
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkuzeMinna View Post
Great to see they fixed the paint job. Those green Virgos were an eyesore. But other than that, I can't detect much of a change between II and IV... Makes one wonder what Virgo III looked like. And who built it. After all, there was supposed to be peace.

The OZ-04MD Virgo III, otherwise known as the Virgo³, was intended to be put into mass production by OZ, but they failed to do so due to Tsubarov's death. The plans for the Virgo III were then acquired by the Perfect Peace People, who put it in mass production themselves. It was featured in the Battlefield of Pacifists manga.
Old 2013-12-18, 19:17   Link #5733
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

Oh. Thanks for the info RD.

I guess that's what I get for only reading BoP twice thanks to the hideous art style. Derping galore. xD
Old 2013-12-19, 00:50   Link #5734
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Part of it... forgot I was working on it. More later. 0_o;

Spoiler:
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Deacon Blues is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 17:37   Link #5735
FalsePrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post

The OZ-04MD Virgo III, otherwise known as the Virgo³, was intended to be put into mass production by OZ, but they failed to do so due to Tsubarov's death. The plans for the Virgo III were then acquired by the Perfect Peace People, who put it in mass production themselves. It was featured in the Battlefield of Pacifists manga.
While the Art is fucking amazing, it makes me sad that Frozen Teardrop for all it's beauty has recycled Virgo II when that ugly manga one shot had some newish designs.
FalsePrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-12-19, 20:36   Link #5736
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FalsePrime View Post
While the Art is fucking amazing, it makes me sad that Frozen Teardrop for all it's beauty has recycledVirgo II when that ugly manga one shot had some newish designs.
Key word there. We've seen too much of that in FT.

Thanks, Deacon.
Old 2013-12-19, 22:44   Link #5737
gordol
Banned

Virgo III is Tokita design, II is a Katoki one

No need for further explanations
Old 2013-12-21, 03:48   Link #5738
FalsePrime

Quote:
Virgo III is Tokita design, II is a Katoki one

No need for further explanations
I'm not saying that they should have used Virgo III, however given both Frozen Teardrop and Glory are getting a much larger push it sucks that Katoki decided to recycle Virgo II instead of at the very least changing the shoulder and head like Virgo III did.
Old 2013-12-23, 11:41   Link #5739
IkuzeMinna
Shall we?

So I looked at the latest FT chapter and I guess it's official now. Unless I missed any part about Hilde being a hologram or something, Hilde is alive and kicking and goes by the name "Dr. Schbeiker" now. Though she may have been joking with Duo here. Yes, the two meet up and talk when Duo hauls Heero to her. I'll leave it to Deacon's translation to give a summary of this part, as I am not sure what she would be doing in Babel..?

This again raises the question of what Duo meant when he said Jr.'s mother was dead when he introduced him. Is Jr.'s mom really one of "Duo's women"? Or is it Hilde? But if Jr. was Hilde's, wouldn't she treat her own kid better? Even if she hates his dad?
Seeing as all the women in this novel are crazy, I can't really put it past her. :/

And don't even get me started on Phobos. For now, I have decided that there's a portal to a parallel universe where all these clones keep coming from. It's the only way to preserve my sanity.

As for the AC part of the chap, I don't know what's going on because I was too busy banging my head on my desk when I read the first part with Heero Yuy and the little girl. The little girl in a white dress, taking her dog "Mary" for a walk, asking Heero if he's lost and giving him a yellow flower afterwards.

There's recycling and then there's copy-paste. This is definitely the latter. It's literally the same thing, down to their every actions and words. Well, I guess the colony leader omits the "lost since the day he was born" part in his answer, but lost nonetheless.
There may be significance to this scene, but I wouldn't know. I was too fed up at that point to continue reading. Sorry.

I also have a question about a scene in the series. I finally got done watching it again (saving EW for Christmas Eve ) and for some reason I never noticed until now, but at the very end, Relena calls out to Heero and tears his card in half. His expression changes at that and he walks away ...smiling?

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Is it me or is there really a minuscule smile on his face? I mean, wow, that'd be the first time I see the guy smile without having murdered someone previously. Or planning to murder someone. weirdest character growth ever
Old 2013-12-23, 14:44   Link #5740
FalsePrime

Nah, it was for sure a smile or grin.

It was the first and last time we ever saw him give a true and caring smile.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing