AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2015-09-30, 07:55   Link #57781
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well she's a Stark and America implicitly trust Starks, usually because the alternative is far less pleasant, but they trust her nonetheless.

They have pretty much no reason to trust my girl other than the fact she enlisted and has shown the best compatibility and aptitude to bring out the best in the new IS frame.
Old 2015-09-30, 08:14   Link #57782
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
Well she's a Stark and America implicitly trust Starks, usually because the alternative is far less pleasant, but they trust her nonetheless.
- That's pretty good if you're a Marvel fan. But if you're not a Marvel comic fan or has never watched the Iron Man movies, you won't see it. And Ange is a bit of a pain to work with--I think the only reason no one's called her a Mary Sue yet is because of how few people actually consider her a friend (and how those friends have to suffer through her, just like Rhodey has to put up with Tony).

And the fact that it's hilarious when she messes up.

But that aside, it's HARD trying to reason out how she was smart enough to scratchbuild the IS with all that advanced tech. Anyone who's an Iron Man fan will accept it outright (as Tony Stark's daughter) but anyone unfamiliar with Iron Man will go "that doesn't make sense!" and call out how stupid it sounds. If you do your story right, you can make it acceptable and enjoyable to someone who doesn't get all the in-jokes and references you're making. Which is the whole point--I have to write most of my stories in a way that someone who has no previous knowledge can get the gist of it.

Which actually points out another thing: Most of my more humorous fics rely a lot on people getting the in-jokes (Doctor Who, Kamen Rider, etc). But rarely can I make a funny or entertaining story that doesn't require foreknowledge. I guess that's why it's easier for me to do this (self-contained story) with my serious fics but not my lighthearted or humorous ones.

Quote:
They have pretty much no reason to trust my girl other than the fact she enlisted and has shown the best compatibility and aptitude to bring out the best in the new IS frame.
- Implanted explosive device in her head or explosive collar? Very cliche but that's one way. You could also do the secretly mind-controlled route (Bioshock is one example, if you've played that game). If you're really good, you can play it as if the girl doesn't know why they trust her with such a system, while in the background, it's actually all part of the plan--but you'd have to REALLY be good with having the masterminds of the plan working behind the scenes withotu spillign the beans as to why they REALLY let her pilot the machine.

If you don't trust someone, you wouldn't give them access to anything that they can hurt you with. So you would most likely put a failsafe to ensure they can't access it, or else something that can destroy them if they even think of doing so.

"...would you kindly...pilot this IS?"
wavehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 08:23   Link #57783
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The problem is you think too much with in-jokes. You have to use less in jokes and more of implications and affirmative nods to. In some cases have a general argue with Ange and say something like "I know your father was one of our top weapons developers but if you weren't his daughter-" It's a nod to what Tony Stark kind of was without really ignoring all the people who have no idea who or what Tony Stark is. It wont appease them but it gives them something to chew on.

I was thinking more along the lines of her showing sterling results in her time during CIA training or something
Old 2015-09-30, 08:29   Link #57784
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
I was thinking more along the lines of her showing sterling results in her time during CIA training or something
- Not good enough. If you're bringing in the CIA into this then you'll really have to put more thought into why she's allowed access to an IS.
Old 2015-09-30, 08:33   Link #57785
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well they needed someone inside ISA, but they couldn't send in a teacher because that would raise the suspicions of people inside the academy and allow them an environment to watch the agent closely. Said people who'd be on special guard would be Chifuyu. The US isn't clear on the significance of Tatenashi's existence other than maybe being an exceptional IS pilot. They believe that sending in an agent posing as a student would allow them to move inside the academy away from the prying eyes of the Brunhilde who seems to be on top of the situation at all times.
Old 2015-09-30, 08:41   Link #57786
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Well, you could probably work with that. Just be wary that Chifuyu isn't as gullible as the KGB, and KGB STILL had a leg up on spying
http://www.salon.com/2015/09/26/how_..._in_the_field/
Old 2015-09-30, 08:59   Link #57787
demino_hellsin
That one guy

That Russian guy was badass. It worked twofold really. They needed someone to test the frame, and they needed someone watching the innerworkings of ISA. The girl, as much as you'll hate her if you recognize the name, Weisse Morrison was chosen to take on the role of both test sample and mole.

Her old profile is being redone so please ignore it to some degree if you come across her in previous pages.

EDIT: Considering where they found that KGB Intelligence head, someone could make it so Tatenashi was learning espionage from this guy or at least imply it

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2015-09-30 at 09:11.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 09:17   Link #57788
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

I still think that a profile is only ok as a guide, but that further details about the character come out as you write them. So probably keep the main bullet points of the character but start writing the story, as things may change. Lord knows how my characters develop while writing, as they meet other characters. Some will stay the same, some will change, and sometimes you might even go back and rewrite the character entirely if you have a better way to delivering the story.
Old 2015-09-30, 09:28   Link #57789
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Well generally all I want to change is how she "feels" as a character but I want her to still be the problem sibling amongst the Morrison siblings. Also her character theme still has to stand as "a sue on the darkside" or something.
Old 2015-09-30, 14:02   Link #57790
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

"Can you trust those who you can call 'friends', they would use you as they take Ichika, you must decide Madoka, decide what is worth fighting for."

"Shinomono, Dunois, Luang, Sarashiki, Alcott, Bodewig, these girls MUST die..."

(insert large number sequences) xD And that, my friend is how to produce a yandere WITH PLOT!. xD

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.

Last edited by blitz1/2; 2015-09-30 at 14:17.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 15:47   Link #57791
lovetospoon73

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
"Can you trust those who you can call 'friends', they would use you as they take Ichika, you must decide Madoka, decide what is worth fighting for."

"Shinomono, Dunois, Luang, Sarashiki, Alcott, Bodewig, these girls MUST die..."

(insert large number sequences) xD And that, my friend is how to produce a yandere WITH PLOT!. xD
Wow nice! Very original, if that line was use in any of the future volumes in the LN series, it would be worth reading
lovetospoon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 16:07   Link #57792
S-34
Mechwarrior

It sounds like someone here writes fanfics. Not sure who, but I'd like to know. Anyways, now for the actual capabilities and side weapons of the IS. If you haven't seen the small weapon detailing, I'll try to put it in here as well.

I haven't named the IS yet, names aren't easy. I honestly want to call it Pro Piper. Anyways, the IS itself is not based around mobility like most, but a bit more in the flak/explosive resistance. This is simply because who wants to deal with explosions from their own launcher? This could be avoided easily by people who've mastered the shell switching ability of the weapon by not pre-loading. The Noob Tube (Yep, that's the name of the launcher) Is your typical six shot grenade launcher but obviously larger and has the ability to use things not typically seen in a launcher. Shell switching just means not loading the launcher and choosing the ammo you want for each shot. Doesn't have to take a while to load itself when you only have it load one either. The other weapon this IS has is something like a chain with a spike. You might call it a grapple or something but it's purpose is mainly for bringing the opponent where you want them to be. They can be used as blunt weapons by just swinging them like tentacles though. The IS has standard abilities but it does have one extra thing going for it. It can temporarily lose it's readings entirely for about 7 seconds. This is everything. It even cools itself so the heat won't show in the smoke. The IS is a full suit unlike the scantily-clad women normally seen in the series. Honestly I kinda forgot part of the idea of the IS but that's mainly because the IS is based around the weapon.

Noob Tube Ammunition types:
Standard: Classic grenade, so beautiful. Can be airbursted.
Semtex/Sticky: Timed fuse, adheres to practically everything that can be stuck to. Cannot be airbursted.
Flashbang: Time to be a prick am I right? Blinds temporarily. Can be airbursted.
Smoke: Does what it is. Creates a smokescreen. Can be airbursted.
Dart: Well, grenades might not be your thing, here's a shotgun. Its not a grenade, duh.
Recon drone: Has thermal, night vision and can pick up IS readings. Great for seeing out of your own smoke. Also good for seeing different angles of gir- I mean your enemy's positioning...
Jammer spike type A: Tiny radius of jamming, but can completely hide an IS signal. Can't airburst, it's a spike.
Jammer spike type B: Also quite the tiny radius, only 3M in diameter. Can halt an IS motion controls. This means it'll stop. This one acts like a mine though, and only activates for 3 seconds.
Jammer spike type C: Delays lock on, quite the radius. An exact measurement is tough because IS can traverse a huge distance. I think since it's not a complete lock on denial that having a large radius is fine.
Slug: Like the dart, but with a slug instead of flechette. Hurts.
Spike drone: You should have seen this coming but this version actually is a drone. Tries to attack enemies. Not very strong melee as much as it's just a pest.
EMP: Doesn't shut down the IS, but can cause Optical weaponry and guided missiles to go haywire. Can be airbursted.
C4: Sticks to things and can be remotely detonated. Helpful with a plan.
Decoy: It causes false signals to appear on the radar, screen and other readouts. Good with a plan or smoke.
That's it for ammunition.
Eheheh...
S-34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 20:31   Link #57793
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovetospoon73 View Post
Wow nice! Very original, if that line was use in any of the future volumes in the LN series, it would be worth reading
Actually, it's not original. I parodied call of duty black ops. xD

Old 2015-09-30, 20:35   Link #57794
SRW-Otaku
The Corniest Mecha Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Actually, it's not original. I parodied call of duty black ops. xD
Yku do realize you're replying to a troll, right? Or, atleast a sentient orange.

The thing that formed my childhood...
SRW-Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 21:17   Link #57795
The 48th Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW-Otaku View Post
Yku do realize you're replying to a troll, right? Or, atleast a sentient orange.
WTF?

*...gets an AK*

-----

Anyways, anyone who watched Nanatsu no Taizai? I have this weird xover idea.
The 48th Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 22:30   Link #57796
SRW-Otaku
The Corniest Mecha Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Orange View Post
WTF?

*...gets an AK*

-----

Anyways, anyone who watched Nanatsu no Taizai? I have this weird xover idea.
Not as weird as my SCP x IS x SRW x American Mcgee's Alice Xover!

The thing that formed my childhood...
SRW-Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-30, 23:43   Link #57797
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW-Otaku View Post
Not as weird as my SCP x IS x SRW x American Mcgee's Alice Xover!
Could be worse. Could be a IS x XCOM crossover.
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-01, 00:41   Link #57798
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

God dank I rofl irl just trying to catch up with the discussion.

I was thinking about if I could approach IS from a nonharem angle, like in Hidan AA. But unlike Aria none of the pilots are actually good, so it would be hard to push the sempai angle.

However, if I simply went for a side story to get Ichika out of the way of telling a story about the girls...

...wait a minute I m already doing that!

Guess I could try just writing without idols...
Old 2015-10-01, 00:50   Link #57799
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The girls lack any real depth in canon. The fact you decide to completely disregard them for OC is proof of them either being completely unsalvagably bland or so perfectly written that there's nothing to expand upon their core character.

I feel like whatever you do write about them has something twisted to fit specifically to your tastes. Not that I hate it, as meanly worded as it was. I just notice it.
Old 2015-10-01, 01:40   Link #57800
blitz1/2

Quote:
The girls lack any real depth in canon. The fact you decide to completely disregard them for OC is proof of them either being completely unsalvagably bland or so perfectly written that there's nothing to expand upon their core character.

I feel like whatever you do write about them has something twisted to fit specifically to your tastes. Not that I hate it, as meanly worded as it was. I just notice it.
Well yea. I like wincest, hence I rewrote Madoka with Zero as the inspiration to fit my wincest needs.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest