AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fairy Tail

Notices

Old 2009-11-11, 00:26   Link #561
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by alu546 View Post
Well, I have this feeling that whole prep scene for the monotonous attack scenes are going to continue for awhile until producers realize it is cooler when they use their powers more naturally like in the manga. But oh well, Ill get used to it for now.
I've got a personal theory that the scenes like the cutscenes for Natsu's attack were something that they made, then someone told the staff that something like that would not work well for Fairy Tail. However since it was already done they didn't want the money to go to waste so they're using it as much as is reasonable.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 00:50   Link #562
chickdigger802

ya, surprisingly I fast forward past all the action parts, opposite of most fighting games.

Man I can't even imagine how horrible the inevitable fighting game will play.
chickdigger802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 00:52   Link #563
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravelt View Post
Do you notice the opening has change.

Natsu looks cooler and smarter.
Happy eyes look rounder, cuter and smarter.
Gerard look better and more original.
On the the right hand Lucy miss her Fairy Tail tattoo and wristband, the new opening she got back. Lol.
etc.
hmm is it a sign a sign of a good stuff to come and more seriousness??
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 01:01   Link #564
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Why would Natsu get sick riding on a train I can see carridge but its funny to see Erza knock him out
Master_Yoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 05:06   Link #565
Westlo
Lets be reality

Hopefully the action in episode 6 is well animated, Erza's style is much more better suited to better animated fights than most others in the series. Better not be stills and panning :\
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 09:28   Link #566
CoolKidsClub

i notice Lucy and Mjane's boobs got bigger and every1 looked better
CoolKidsClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 10:36   Link #567
Krono

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master_Yoma View Post
Why would Natsu get sick riding on a train I can see carridge but its funny to see Erza knock him out
Natsu gets motion sickness on any means of transport that isn't his own two feet, Happy, or one of his friends. So carriages, trains, animals, boats, rafts, etc, he gets motion sickness on them.
Krono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 12:11   Link #568
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krono View Post
Natsu gets motion sickness on any means of transport that isn't his own two feet, Happy, or one of his friends. So carriages, trains, animals, boats, rafts, etc, he gets motion sickness on them.
Actually in all seriousness it is quite possible to get motion sickness on a train. It's especially easy on high speed ones like the shinkansen,
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-11, 13:21   Link #569
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Finally Erza makes her appearance and she did not disappoint. Her tough love routine with Natsu on the train was so damn funny. Yea she comforted him alright by knocking his ass out but on a brighter note he got to sleep on her lap. One must wonder how much abuse a person could take from her lol.

Her magic level must be high to run that carriage at full speed i think normal mage would be drained after a while. Im looking forward to Erza keeping her promise to fight Natsu at the end of their mission or at least more decent fighting. Either way it works for me i get to either see Erza whoop dat ass or we get to watch Natsu go GAr.
Old 2009-11-12, 02:57   Link #570
KK1412
JOEY! WHERE'S MY COFFEE!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravelt View Post
Do you notice the opening has change.

Spoiler for pics to big:

Natsu looks cooler and smarter.
Happy eyes look rounder, cuter and smarter.
Gerard look better and more original.
On the the right hand Lucy miss her Fairy Tail tattoo and wristband, the new opening she got back. Lol.
etc.

just give em time the quality will get better, im glad there taking action quickly
KK1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-14, 22:26   Link #571
OkamiNoKaze

Episode 5 was great, Erza is a pretty cool character, can't wait to see what her magic style is like. Though I wonder why Natsu is complaining about jobs when the board seemed to be full of them. I'm glad I'm not the only one to be reminded of Shikimaru. I'm beginning to wonder if maybe the reason the art isn't exactly like the manga, because they knew it would be compared to one piece more

Last edited by OkamiNoKaze; 2009-11-22 at 15:18.
OkamiNoKaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 06:05   Link #572
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

Wow, the art seemed to make a major improvement this week's episode, with the preview looking to be along the same lines.

I'm finding myself enjoying this show more and more each week

However, I am really getting tired of the happy ending being bled into from serious scenes ^_^;; Not that the song is particularly bad, per say (though to be honest, idol pop is not my favorite genre), just that its not very appropriate most of the time.

Keep it up! I'm happy to have another good shonen to look forward to each week ^_^
Old 2009-11-16, 07:45   Link #573
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Now that's what i want from a Fairy Tail adaptation! Aye!
Spoiler for Episode 06:
Old 2009-11-16, 11:11   Link #574
konart

Spoiler for TITANIA:
Old 2009-11-16, 13:41   Link #575
AnymX

Aye!

Sorry couldn't help myself, Its' just that Happy and his Aye! is awesome. Ofcorse Shiroth's post's doesn't help ether.
So anyway at last watched episodes properly and I got to say that Fairy Tail definitely is what I expected it to be like nice plate of colors for the backgrounds and the characters. OST is awesome and it definitely gets you this magic filing when you watch It.

At first I had may doubt about Tetsuya Kakihara voicing Natsu, but as of episode 5 I already got used to It. The rest of the man cast is spot on for me, Siegrain and Loky's voices will take some time to get use to, but that's for the later.

O... and I guess I am in the majority here, but I really like Opening song and the animation which goes with it. The Ending is alright too, but maybe it is a bit to fluffy for my taste.

Onwards for the episode 6 which biased of some reviews is something to look forward to.

Yea I know I terribly late, but sometimes real life gets in the way...
Old 2009-11-16, 14:16   Link #576
Fenrir_valindri
Miria's #1 Disciple

While I enjoyed the episode a great deal (Erza fan), I still feel that the "it's magic time!" moments are awkward to say the least.

The still shots are also something that is a bit over-done as well, while it was awesome seeing Erza kick ass, it would have been so much sweeter in-motion.

I did like that Lucy at least got to strut her stuff a bit more and the animation/art-work is improving, the preview of the next episode is actually a noticeable improvement.

Also, does anyone know which sub-group has the best "quality subs?" When I can notice the typo's and mistranslations in the ones I have, that is pretty bad.
Old 2009-11-16, 14:25   Link #577
BubbleGumCrisis

Is there an official episode count yet, or will it be a long running series? I'm loving the anime but I still like the manga better, and since I'm following the Del Ray releases I don't want to be spoiled.
BubbleGumCrisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 15:24   Link #578
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenrir_valindri View Post
Also, does anyone know which sub-group has the best "quality subs?" When I can notice the typo's and mistranslations in the ones I have, that is pretty bad.
Translation-wise, I prefer Taka, but they're too busy to release on time right now, so...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-16, 16:13   Link #579
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Was a good episode though I think they really need to change the ED sooner than later. Just no good for an episode to end with that chipper song .

Still Erza really got to kick ass even though she was pretty drained before it even got started. Of course considering the situation it was more important to get there before it was over than to worry about being tired.

Plus it's amazing, but Natsu used magic without a big cutscene behind it ! Everyone got a bit of attention though it was mostly about Erza's big scene in owning all those guild members. You don't mess with her if you want to live that's for sure. Good on Lucy as well in her attempt to make a good impression .
Old 2009-11-16, 17:13   Link #580
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbleGumCrisis View Post
Is there an official episode count yet, or will it be a long running series? I'm loving the anime but I still like the manga better, and since I'm following the Del Ray releases I don't want to be spoiled.
Nope there's no official episode count yet.

Tags
action, adventure, fantasy, shounen