AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-12-30, 01:36   Link #561
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu View Post
Well, I'm glad that the story is catching up so our friends that weren't reading the raws can start joining into the conversations the Raw viewers were having....

As you can see, lots of mess brewing in the background...

Although I am proud of Nitta, he REALLY did need to say that, especially if Kano does want a relationship with him. But I'm sure you can see now why people were RAGED when this came out a few months ago....

Chapter 29

Spoiler for spoiler:
The moment that the chapter where that happens comes out, I will oficially call that chapter for me, Chapter 1.
Old 2011-12-30, 06:43   Link #562
kadaj1st

Spoiler for ch 29:
Old 2011-12-30, 09:17   Link #563
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Luckily, Soba will be using mag scans so the gap will slowly be closed. I do wish all of the raw readers would have used more spoiler tags though. >.<
Old 2011-12-30, 18:15   Link #564
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

I'm having a hard time understanding Kano here.. It's obvious she's falling for Nitta more and more. But how does she feel about that?

Back in Ch10 when she says 'lets have dinner tonight' and he responds 'I can't refuse your orders' - she looks totally pissed. I interpret that expression to mean that she's mad at herself. Why would she be mad at Nitta here, he's just stating the obvious (that she herself has told him over and over). After that little setback, it isn't until Ch16 that she starts to warm up again.

Then she definitely seems to have had a change of heart. She tells him to visit her AFTER work (rather than calling him out in the middle of the day), and takes him out for dinner '..because I thought YOU needed a good meal'. Maybe it's unconscious, but it seems like she was trying to have more of a 'normal' relationship.

Then we get to Ch23, and she pulls out the 'I didn't say you could leave yet' crap again. When Nitta tells her to 'quit acting like I'm your boyfriend', does she freak out because she finally realized what she was doing?

Even though Nitta's an idiot, I can't really blame him for the way things turned out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! View Post
The moment that the chapter where that happens comes out, I will oficially call that chapter for me, Chapter 1.
Unfortunately, that will probably be chapter LAST, but I totally agree.
Old 2011-12-30, 18:24   Link #565
chromeknickers
Illustrious Potentate

To be fair, Kano didn't invite him over just for sex. She wanted to spend time with him. Nitta decided to jump right into sex. The problem is communication: Kano is horrible at expressing her feelings and Nitta isn't a mind reader (and often assumes the worst).
Old 2011-12-30, 20:52   Link #566
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromeknickers View Post
To be fair, Kano didn't invite him over just for sex. She wanted to spend time with him. Nitta decided to jump right into sex. The problem is communication: Kano is horrible at expressing her feelings and Nitta isn't a mind reader (and often assumes the worst).
Yeah, I agree that she just wanted them to spend some time together. I just don't get why she was so upset when Nitta told her off. Ever since Ch10 he's made it clear that he's just with her because he has has to be (even if WE know that's not exactly true). So why the big freak out? It was obviously pretty traumatic, since it immediately caused her to.. [rage inducing events in Ch24 omitted for rage].

Did she think he was starting to have feelings for her too? Absolutely no evidence for that. Did she just suddenly realize that having him as a real boyfriend is what she actually wants (and can never have)?

Guess I just don't get her thought process. What was she expecting from him exactly? She has no reason to express her feelings if they're not going to be reciprocated.
Old 2011-12-30, 21:00   Link #567
kadaj1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroDave View Post
Yeah, I agree that she just wanted them to spend some time together. I just don't get why she was so upset when Nitta told her off. Ever since Ch10 he's made it clear that he's just with her because he has has to be (even if WE know that's not exactly true). So why the big freak out? It was obviously pretty traumatic, since it immediately caused her to.. [rage inducing events in Ch24 omitted for rage].

Did she think he was starting to have feelings for her too? Absolutely no evidence for that. Did she just suddenly realize that having him as a real boyfriend is what she actually wants (and can never have)?

Guess I just don't get her thought process. What was she expecting from him exactly? She has no reason to express her feelings if they're not going to be reciprocated.
actually it's because nitta didnt treat her like everyone around her did
it's explained in ch 28 though i guess most people already guessed why she started to like him
it's a little bit too cliche i guess,if you read alot of romance manga involving a haughty rich girl
Old 2011-12-30, 21:53   Link #568
MAX_COLA_POWER!

Quote:
Unfortunately, that will probably be chapter LAST, but I totally agree.
If that happens, then this manga will be one of the best romance one-shots I've ever read in my life.
Old 2011-12-30, 22:40   Link #569
chromeknickers
Illustrious Potentate

Quote:

Well, I assume she reacted the way she did because most people don't like to be called out on their BS. Or maybe she felt like Nitta was abandoning her just like everyone else had. I believe it to be a combination of the two with a particular emphasis on the the 'holding up a mirror' factor. Kano knows Nitta doesn't sugar-coat (and it may be one of the reasons why she likes him), but this time he outright rejected her and it hurt her. She's not the ice princess after all.

Sure, Kano was probably lying to herself by pretending that they had a real relationship and Nitta shattered her illusions by confronting her with the ugly truth. Most people don't handle the ugly truth; they get wounded by it. Kano, when finally forced to face her situation - no real friends and no Nitta for support - decided to self-destruct and return to her old ways - ways that Nitta hated with a passion. While it's probably certain that no one here participates in daily orgies and are accustomed to such a hedonistic lifestyle as Kano's, we have all done our share of stupid and maybe even dangerous things when we've been brutally exposed to our disillusions. It's in our nature as emotional human beings.
Old 2011-12-31, 00:08   Link #570
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chromeknickers View Post
Well, I assume she reacted the way she did because most people don't like to be called out on their BS. Or maybe she felt like Nitta was abandoning her just like everyone else had. I believe it to be a combination of the two with a particular emphasis on the the 'holding up a mirror' factor. Kano knows Nitta doesn't sugar-coat (and it may be one of the reasons why she likes him), but this time he outright rejected her and it hurt her. She's not the ice princess after all.

Sure, Kano was probably lying to herself by pretending that they had a real relationship and Nitta shattered her illusions by confronting her with the ugly truth. Most people don't handle the ugly truth; they get wounded by it. Kano, when finally forced to face her situation - no real friends and no Nitta for support - decided to self-destruct and return to her old ways - ways that Nitta hated with a passion. While it's probably certain that no one here participates in daily orgies and are accustomed to such a hedonistic lifestyle as Kano's, we have all done our share of stupid and maybe even dangerous things when we've been brutally exposed to our disillusions. It's in our nature as emotional human beings.
Yes, we are all human and prone to weakness. Leave it to h-manga to twist into something to make me rage for days and turn my stomach for weeks but it is true that we do self-destructive things to escape from something.

And with regards to the rage, it could be a lot worse. It's not like they are in a relationship and trust was shattered or there was a see-through mirror for Nitta or something. I think what hurts me most as a reader is that Kano would go back to that.

On a side note, I'm not raging nearly as much as I did with a certain VN's third route. I literally raged for weeks there, no joke.
Old 2011-12-31, 05:23   Link #571
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
I'm having a hard time understanding Kano here.. It's obvious she's falling for Nitta more and more. But how does she feel about that?

Back in Ch10 when she says 'lets have dinner tonight' and he responds 'I can't refuse your orders' - she looks totally pissed. I interpret that expression to mean that she's mad at herself.
No, at least, not really. The key is something else: Kano is LONELY. Every once in a while Nitta shows some kindness to her, some care. Even having him get mad at Kano feels good for her, who is completely ignored by her father, who in turn is manipulated by Kano's malicious stepmother. She wants someone who isn't apathetic about her, for who she actually matters.

And by "I can't refuse your orders", Nitta devalues all the little hints of care he has given to her. Suddenly they become merely parts of the big financial coercion. It makes them seem NOT born out of kindness anymore, but only compelled by the role Nitta is forced to play.

That is frustrating and disappointing her, and so she shows her anger.

Quote:
Why would she be mad at Nitta here, he's just stating the obvious (that she herself has told him over and over). After that little setback, it isn't until Ch16 that she starts to warm up again.
She just got burned. It's like picking up little clues that someone you're interested in might love you, just to find out that you were wrong. That stings, and so you retreat. But eventually your interest and HOPE is causing you to return and try again.

Quote:
Then she definitely seems to have had a change of heart. She tells him to visit her AFTER work (rather than calling him out in the middle of the day), and takes him out for dinner '..because I thought YOU needed a good meal'. Maybe it's unconscious, but it seems like she was trying to have more of a 'normal' relationship.
Yep. It's fairly simple. She wants him to care for her not because of money, but because of HER. He's clearly under distress - visible for her - and this is her idea of compromising a bit.

Quote:
Then we get to Ch23, and she pulls out the 'I didn't say you could leave yet' crap again. When Nitta tells her to 'quit acting like I'm your boyfriend', does she freak out because she finally realized what she was doing?
The key is that the way Nitta worded it, it slashed into her old wound: That he's doing all he did for Kano only out of coercion, and not because he does care about her (which - as we know, but Kano doesn't - is not true). It seemed to confirm her biggest fears. She's alone again. And the emptiness shown in the beginning of Ch24 only confirms that even the way she seemed to cope with her loneliness in the past - the swinger orgies of her so-called circle of "friends" - only make this feeling worse.
Old 2011-12-31, 05:54   Link #572
solomon

Oh wow, I'm actually reading this on a er.....NSFW oriented manga site.

I CANT BELIEVE HOW ADDICTING IT IS!!!!!!!!

um not much else to say....
Old 2011-12-31, 06:18   Link #573
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
And the emptiness shown in the beginning of Ch24 only confirms that even the way she seemed to cope with her loneliness in the past - the swinger orgies of her so-called circle of "friends" - only make this feeling worse.
And it creates problems with any potential relationship. If she goes off fucking some random dudes whenever she is lonely,sad etc it would ruin any relationship to begin with.

And thats my gripe with Kano or rather the manga - you just doesn't know if she doesnt switch back to whoring herself out to relieve stress/loneliness again when she under pressure/stress. The author made the Kano and her development unreliable by throwing 23 chapters of supposed development under the bus with one chapter where she goes off to her old ways.

This makes all the development further on under the big question mark as well.
Old 2011-12-31, 09:42   Link #574
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
And it creates problems with any potential relationship. If she goes off fucking some random dudes whenever she is lonely,sad etc it would ruin any relationship to begin with.
Yea, I know that this is your mega-sore point, you're repeated that around 28624 times (give or take 2). I can't remember a single scene where she went to one of these meetings with the _intention_ to be scewed as "stress relief" or because it makes her feel good, it DOESN'T. Those are her "friends". She doesn't seem to have any contacts other than them.

Quote:
And thats my gripe with Kano or rather the manga - you just doesn't know if she doesnt switch back to whoring herself out to relieve stress/loneliness again when she under pressure/stress.
If you STILL don't get it, even after chapter 27 spelled everything out in detail, you never will.
Old 2011-12-31, 10:31   Link #575
Xaturas

Seems that scanlation is slowly catching up to raws, maybe its time to read it again ...
Old 2011-12-31, 14:52   Link #576
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
I can't remember a single scene where she went to one of these meetings with the _intention_ to be scewed as "stress relief" or because it makes her feel good, it DOESN'T. Those are her "friends". She doesn't seem to have any contacts other than them.
And with poeple like that she wont find any friends either. Or stay in any relationship. You wouldnt want the person you are in a relationship to have 'friends' like that, me neither but who knows if she doesnt search for such 'friends' yet again when things are not going right for her again.

And it does feel good. You can see when she has sex with those two guys that the sex did feel very good for her, its the aftermath when the emptiness came to bite her into the ass but the sex itself felt good.

I before believed that it was her only mean to socialize and that she did not feel good doing it with her friends but seeing the act drawn changed my understanding - she does indeed enjoy sex as an act (doesnt really matter with whom) its just that the aftermath that changes everything. The body pleasure is gone and the emptiness of the soul returns as the sex is only a momentary drug to cure oneself off ones problems.
Old 2011-12-31, 16:41   Link #577
Shadow5YA

From what I'm getting from the raws...

Spoiler for "ch29:
Old 2011-12-31, 18:25   Link #578
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
And with poeple like that she wont find any friends either. Or stay in any relationship. You wouldnt want the person you are in a relationship to have 'friends' like that, me neither but who knows if she doesnt search for such 'friends' yet again when things are not going right for her again.
The point is that she doesn't HAVE other "friends", obviously. Which isn't really all that strange, because once you're a loaded ojousama who isn't working and merely fulfilling a playgirl role, not working, not studying, your social contacts are limited.

You are fixated on your strange reading that there's something "bad" in her which is driving her to seek out swingers and indulge in sinful sex. And due to these sins, she's falling apart. For you, even her Nitta relationship is all about sex, and her inherent corruptedness will always turn any attempt to have a normal relationship into a eternal gamble. And you haven't adjusted your opinions even when it became crystal clear that you're off.

Quote:
And it does feel good. You can see when she has sex with those two guys that the sex did feel very good for her, its the aftermath when the emptiness came to bite her into the ass but the sex itself felt good.
Are you talking about c24? Does your detective mind come up with a possible explanation why the guy needs to use lubricant, since otherwise "he wouldn't be able to get it in"? I'll give you a hint: This would not be the case if she visited the guys since she couldn't control her lust.

After being brushed off by Nitta, this is her social life left to her. And whether or not she may feel lust eventually during the act is TOTALLY beside the point. She isn't there to satisfy her sex drive, even during the act she's still aching about the Nitta scene.

I seriously wonder why you are so hardwired on an obviously wrong interpretation, after the perfectly logical chapter 27. There cannot be what there must not be?
Old 2012-01-01, 11:17   Link #579
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Are you talking about c24? Does your detective mind come up with a possible explanation why the guy needs to use lubricant, since otherwise "he wouldn't be able to get it in"? I'll give you a hint: This would not be the case if she visited the guys since she couldn't control her lust.
Plus she looked rather expressionless too. I kind of flew threw those pages from the rage but I got out that she was not having a good time.

[/rage]
Old 2012-01-01, 11:34   Link #580
chromeknickers
Illustrious Potentate

Just a female's perspective, but . . .

Spoiler for Chapters 23 & 24:

Happy New Year!

Tags
borderline hentai, harumi chihiro, manga, mature, romance