AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-12-01, 21:59   Link #561
Random14

Well, things first got back to normal with their normal hijinks, then things got serious all of a sudden in full harem mode, so really liked this episode. I'm kind of disappointed we didn't get to see Andou's awakened ability, if this series was a complete parody I would expect it to just be embarrassing, but the dead serious expressions on all the girls' faces at that moment (when they tell him never to use it again) is almost kind of frightening. I wouldn't be surprised if it still turned out to be silly, but I kind of hope it really is something that would be a last resort.

I was expecting Hatoko to confront Tomoyo, but didn't expect all the other flags this episode. Sayumi's is a bit sudden due to that other guy forcing the issue. He's been annoying his fighting with Andou, but now its taken a turn for the creepy. He could just be regular creepy or supernatural creepy. Hm, wonder if it'll be related to that F person who escaped. Guess Chifuyu's realization was brought on by a summer break away from Andou.

And Hatoko is nice in that she's aware she's completely in love with Andou... just wish she would confess but guess she knows that technically she's not that close to him either, especially compared to Tomoyo. Who is in mostly tsundere mode and has a forgotten first meeting with Andou as another boost to her "ranking". Hatoko is probably still first girl, but sounds like Tomoyo has had an even larger effect on Andou's life than anyone else realized until now. Well, Hatoko realizes Tomoyo is closest to Andou and in the "lead" but sounds like the harem plot is about to kick into high gear.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-01, 22:50   Link #562
IceHism

i felt more uncomfortable when Hatoko was on the screen cause she looked like she could burst at any moment than when there was an actual creeper in the girl's bathroom.

This troubles me.

I liked the episode but this was like a 24 minute tease. :/
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-01, 22:55   Link #563
Miraluka
Banned

Sigh, don't expect much from the MC, status quo with some leaning towards certain red head is what puts off novel readers aka more of the same.
I think the studio has been doing well so far, but now the problem is the source.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-01, 23:29   Link #564
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

This was a pretty damn good episode. Things just got serious and the issues are addressed in such a nice mode.

I also like how they don't specifically show what Andou's power is... those trolls.

Great Episode. 10/10.

I swear this is by far my favorite show of the season. I just find it a very pleasant experience to watch this every Monday (and twice on Wednesday).

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-01, 23:37   Link #565
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Sigh, don't expect much from the MC, status quo with some leaning towards certain red head is what puts off novel readers aka more of the same.
I think the studio has been doing well so far, but now the problem is the source.
Really? if I have time and source I will probably dig in more info about the novel.

I didn't expect. totally didn't expect this. I didn't expect it to go full harem mode and even Chifuyu joining in and asking her friend what kind of illness she's feeling. Sayumi too with Sagami going ajimu najimi on her. lol, making her the heroine

I bet Andou's ability is just embarrassing to see that the girls doesn't want to see it so their seriousness is just that. I won't expect more there.

but with Hatoko and Tomoyo.... why do I feel Hatoko would go full yandere mode here >_> she awfully reminds me of Kotonoha. Sweet, caring, supportive and can take all the shit the MC throws at them but will just smile and keep it to themselves but even them will just reach their boiling point and explode.

hm hmm I got to install that game again.
Old 2014-12-02, 03:09   Link #566
SQA

This is pretty much just theorycrafting, but follow my thoughts:

What if the sudden Harem Mode and telling Andou not to use his Powers again aren't disconnected? Given Andou's Chunnibyou, what if Dark & Dark's advanced version makes him really attractive? Making him an "Ikemen". (There's a couple of levels to that Kanji/slang joke)

It would explain everything that's going on, be a hilarious response to the Harem Tropes they've setup and fit perfectly with the series' tone.
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 03:17   Link #567
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
This is pretty much just theorycrafting, but follow my thoughts:

What if the sudden Harem Mode and telling Andou not to use his Powers again aren't disconnected? Given Andou's Chunnibyou, what if Dark & Dark's advanced version makes him really attractive? Making him an "Ikemen". (There's a couple of levels to that Kanji/slang joke)

It would explain everything that's going on, be a hilarious response to the Harem Tropes they've setup and fit perfectly with the series' tone.
Maybe it's just me but I feel the game Sayumi makes almost seem like foreshadowing for what may happen if someone goes berserk with their new obtained superpower or maybe I just watch Chronicle at my friend's house last night and it makes me cannot look at plot about people suddenly got super power the same.
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 05:11   Link #568
Nishaven

Can anyone give me spoiler from novel about Andou's power?
Nishaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 05:18   Link #569
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
What if the sudden Harem Mode and telling Andou not to use his Powers again aren't disconnected?
I kinda doubt it. Andou did awaken his powers' enhanced version
Spoiler:

after all.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 07:03   Link #570
tsunade666

^eh. he already awaken his enhanced version on that volume?

they really scramble the timeline here aren't they?
Old 2014-12-02, 07:10   Link #571
NeutralZero

like the ep but really curious as to what is the evolve version of DnD
Somehow got a feeling that Sayumi is being confronted by a devil offering a pact...
just hope that is not the case and she can take the lead...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 07:39   Link #572
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Everybody wants a piece of Jurai Andou-kun... except for Tomoyo as she's just being oblivious to it for some reason! I guess she's paying attention to her novel that Tomoyo forgot about Andou-kun and why she's making the novel in the first place.

On the other hand, I'm so damn curious about Andou's fully-awakened Dark and Dark power!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 08:33   Link #573
kona~chan
ヘタレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^eh. he already awaken his enhanced version on that volume?

they really scramble the timeline here aren't they?
don't know about the novel since i haven't read it yet, but in the manga it was already hinted in ch.1
along with of what dark n dark actually does , well it's already been translated so you can search it yourself.

”生きるってつらいな。。。”
Onjouji Toki
kona~chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 08:47   Link #574
nooneagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
I bet Andou's ability is just embarrassing to see that the girls doesn't want to see it so their seriousness is just that. I won't expect more there.
I feel like they were worried because the last time his powers got out of control, his arm was seriously in pain.
nooneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 08:58   Link #575
jandkas

Can anybody just pm me the novel spoilers? I am figuratively dying over this.
jandkas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 09:14   Link #576
Trung-t-rung

Quote:
Originally Posted by kona~chan View Post
don't know about the novel since i haven't read it yet, but in the manga it was already hinted in ch.1
along with of what dark n dark actually does , well it's already been translated so you can search it yourself.
Really, Could you pm me where ?
Trung-t-rung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 09:14   Link #577
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Everybody wants a piece of Jurai Andou-kun... except for Tomoyo as she's just being oblivious to it for some reason! I guess she's paying attention to her novel that Tomoyo forgot about Andou-kun and why she's making the novel in the first place.
Tomoyo isn't oblivious, she's in full-scale denial, befitting of a tsundere. She is very well aware that she has a huge crush on July, but because she set that 'cool girl' image for herself, she fears that showing any signs of interest towards him will make people laugh at her or no longer see her as the cool type. Now that Hatoko has confessed her love for July to her, I wonder if Tomoyo will be more open about her feelings for him as well and also fight (harder) for his affection.

Speaking of Hatoko, that girl is number one candidate for becoming yandere towards July. I have always learned to be aware of the silent types, and Hatoko seems like she could easily become obsessed by him and do anything to become 'the chosen one', even if she has to get rid of the competition forcefully.
Old 2014-12-02, 09:42   Link #578
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Well, you're right about Tomoyo being in denial. Still, I'm so jealous that the girls are madly in love with Jurai!

Meanwhile, is Andou-kun aware that he's being targeted by those girls' affection, or is just that he's being oblivious except for his chuuni powers?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 10:24   Link #579
nooneagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
....Still, I'm so jealous that the girls are madly in love with Jurai!
well you don't have to, you can be Jurai. Utilize da power of imagination bro XD
nooneagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-12-02, 11:41   Link #580
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

And the harem is complete. SHIT.
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, school, super powers