2nd years: "Protect that bastard(Kiyotaka)!"

Tsukishiro: "I'm a bastard."
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-25, 15:27   Link #5782
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
“It may not be acceptable, but that’s the answer I can give you right now.”

“Well….I understand.”

Ichinose nodded, neither disdainful nor dissatisfied.

“I’m going to go to I2 now, there are things that have to be done there.”

“No, you can’t! It’s dangerous!”

“If I don’t do that, I won’t be able to protect you, Ichinose, and your precious classmates, right?
My God, Ayanokouji, you have a girlfriend. How do you say that to someone who just confessed to you? So he leaves the girl wet and only makes it difficult to reject.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-25, 15:51   Link #5783
somejima

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
My God, Ayanokouji, you have a girlfriend. How do you say that to someone who just confessed to you? So he leaves the girl wet and only makes it difficult to reject.
What a slick fucker. I really wonder what he plans to do with her in the next volume.
somejima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-25, 20:24   Link #5784
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by somejima View Post
What a slick fucker. I really wonder what he plans to do with her in the next volume.
Introduced Kei to her and let Kei be the one to handle her
Old 2021-02-25, 20:28   Link #5785
LG-MAX 2.o

Spoiler for Vol 2 year 3 Nanase vs Kiyopon:

I felt sorry for Nanase. It must be traumatic to face Kiyotaka in a fight.
Old 2021-02-25, 21:10   Link #5786
Lucidrago

Quote:
Kiyotaka: "Kei, it's over. I want to be with Ichinose now."
Old 2021-02-25, 21:26   Link #5787
LG-MAX 2.o

He doesn't have to choose, he can keep both, he has the perfect excuse, just tell Ichinose that since they are in different classes they need to keep the relationship a secret.
Old 2021-02-25, 22:58   Link #5788
linhle

^
Spare a slot for Hiyori too.
linhle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-25, 23:04   Link #5789
Toanyone

How is the convo between Ichika and Horikita when Horikita tried to go to I2?
Toanyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-25, 23:23   Link #5790
Tekumi

Will Suzune fall in love with Ayanokouji

Will Suzune fall in love with Aya

Last edited by LKK; 2021-02-26 at 11:12. Reason: Posts merged. Don't post multiple times in a row. Use Edit button instead.
Tekumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-26, 00:01   Link #5791
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by linhle View Post
^
Spare a slot for Hiyori too.
Speaking of which, they made a more detailed summary of the volume and in her part her colleagues already know that she and Kiyopon are very close (Ishizaki really likes that, lol). Now it makes you think, Honami class thinks she and Kiyopon are close, and now Hiyori class too, rumors of how popular our MC is with the leaders of each class should start next vol.

Summary: https://pastebin.com/TpMkEYEC

My God, if Kiyopon stays with Ryueen in the end, I won't have any complaints.

Last edited by LG-MAX 2.o; 2021-02-26 at 00:30.
Old 2021-02-26, 01:53   Link #5792
tsunade666

Who injured ichika? Is takuya the crazy kushida fanboy? Takuya'a movement and kushida too aren't mentioned. I see more mystery there than the somewhat conclusion of the test.
Old 2021-02-26, 05:57   Link #5793
somejima

Quote:
Originally Posted by LG-MAX 2.o View Post
Speaking of which, they made a more detailed summary of the volume and in her part her colleagues already know that she and Kiyopon are very close (Ishizaki really likes that, lol). Now it makes you think, Honami class thinks she and Kiyopon are close, and now Hiyori class too, rumors of how popular our MC is with the leaders of each class should start next vol.

Summary: https://pastebin.com/TpMkEYEC

My God, if Kiyopon stays with Ryueen in the end, I won't have any complaints.
Well after reading the summary, I am really underwhelmed. The problem with this series is that its more and more feeling like a bad shounen series. It really started great, had a lot of potential and was interesting over a long time, like all that buildup over the last two years. But the so called climax and plot really are a joke at this point, probably every fanfic writer could come up with something more exciting. Tsukishiro has to be the most pathetic and parody level villain I have ever seen, I just can't comprehend why the author is making it so easy for Kiyotaka. He isn't someone that needs to be spared or pitied. Or how he gets all the help he needs in just the right moment without doing anything for it, it just comes flying to him. I mean why is the author pulling everything so out of his ass if Kiyo is more than competent enough to do and set this up by himself? He doesn't need 100 girls who feel the need to protect him, he is more than capable of doing this himself. Its more than likely just to give the other characters some time to shine, but its still dumb and anticlimactic. Apart from that I completely agree with what the writer of the summary said about Kinugasa, which is a shame, because he can write really good if he wants to. But it seems like he just doesn't care anymore and just wants to make some good money off this series without putting much effort into it. Like how he could have given Ichinose some nice character development, but nope, of course she and her class got saved again from the bad world. Why the heck is he doing this?

It doesn't need to be edgy all the time but I just can't take this "At the end of the day they are all good persons, who are all friends which protect and love each other anyway" cringe attitude he is trying to push since the second year started. What about growing up and becoming an adult who lives in a competitive society? Where are the mind games and cunning plans we got in the first year? Not gonna touch that silly unrequited love harem with girls who think they love him which he is building there, which I completely miss the point of. He already has his girl, and I am not gonna lie, they are perfect for each other and their dynamic is great. But I also wouldn't complain if he stays with Ryuuen in the end. Please don't misunderstand me, I really love these cute scenes he has with some of these girls, but it sometimes just seems a bit too out of character and forced to me, considering he isn't someone who is very sentimental, but rather cold and calculated and who was even calling them ants in the last volume.

Sorry for the rant but I am pissed off because I have really grown to like most of the characters, especially weird ones like Kiyotaka (who is my absolute favorite), Kouenji or Ryuuen. A shame that they are stuck in a shitty plot like this. They would really fit great in a more mature series as adult characters, but not in a school setting. I still hope that Kinugasa is just trolling us all and that he has some kind of plot twist in mind, but that is probably not the case. Maybe I just expect to much from a light novel filled with innocent, naive waifus, but even for that its just not enough and feels more like a happy go lucky train wreck, completely different from the first year. One can also wonder if there ever will be some side-characters from the 2nd year students who will get expelled from the school again. I highly doubt it, but if it really happens, the author is probably gonna make some big drama out of it. Well in a nutshell I and possibly a lot of other people in the fanbase as well are not satisfied with how this is going, considering we are not even halfway done with the series. Kinugasa really needs to step up his game as I always considered Youjitsu to be a more realistic series but its getting really hard to take this serious. It can only get better after this.

What I love is how Kiyopon goes absolute Alpha-mode on Nagumos cuck ass. I lost it when he started talking about his "Superpowers". You could even feel a bit sorry for him. The part with Kouenji is way too much Gary Stu bullshit for me, I mean he is funny to read but I still dont get what the freaking point of his character is supposed to be, especially now that he is free.

Last edited by somejima; 2021-02-27 at 06:24.
Old 2021-02-26, 13:11   Link #5794
Lucidrago

Quote:
Well after reading the summary, I am really underwhelmed. The problem with this series is that its more and more feeling like a bad shounen series. It really started great, had a lot of potential and was interesting over a long time, like all that buildup over the last two years. But the so called climax and plot really are a joke at this point, probably every fanfic writer could come up with something more exciting. Tsukishiro has to be the most pathetic and parody level villain I have ever seen, I just can't comprehend why the author is making it so easy for Kiyotaka. He isn't someone that needs to be spared or pitied. Or how he gets all the help he needs in just the right moment without doing anything for it, it just comes flying to him. I mean why is the author pulling everything so out of his ass if Kiyo is more than competent enough to do and set this up by himself? He doesn't need 100 girls who feel the need to protect him, he is more than capable of doing this himself. Its more than likely just to give the other characters some time to shine, but its still dumb and anticlimactic. Apart from that I completely agree with what the writer of the summary said about Kinugasa, which is a shame, because he can write really good if he wants to. But it seems like he just doesn't care anymore and just wants to make some good money off this series without putting much effort into it. Like how he could have given Ichinose some nice character development, but nope, of course she and her class got saved again from the bad world. Why the heck is he doing this?

It doesn't need to be edgy all the time but I just can't take this "At the end of the day they are all good persons, who are all friends which protect and love each other anyway" cringe attitude he is trying to push since the second year started. What about growing up and becoming an adult who lives in a competitive society? Where are the mind games and cunning plans we got in the first year? Not gonna touch that silly unrequited love harem with girls who think they love him which he is building there, which I completely miss the point of. He already has his girl, and I am not gonna lie, they are perfect for each other and their dynamic is great. But I also wouldn't complain if he stays with Ryuuen in the end. Please don't misunderstand me, I really love these cute scenes he has with some of these girls, but it sometimes just seems a bit too out of character and forced to me, considering he isn't someone who is very sentimental, but rather cold and calculated and who was even calling them ants in the last volume.

Sorry for the rant but I am pissed off because I have really grown to like most of the characters, especially weird ones like Kiyotaka, Kouenji or Ryuuen. A shame that they are stuck in a shitty plot like this. They would really fit great in a more mature series as adult characters, but not in a school setting. I still hope that Kinugasa is just trolling us all and that he has some kind of plot twist in mind, but that is probably not the case. Maybe I just expect to much from a light novel filled with innocent, naive waifus, but even for that its just not enough and feels more like a happy go lucky train wreck, completely different from the first year. One can also wonder if there ever will be some side-characters from the 2nd year students who will get expelled from the school again. I highly doubt it, but if it really happens, the author is probably gonna make some big drama out of it. Well in a nutshell I and possibly a lot of other people in the fanbase as well are not satisfied with how this is going, considering we are not even halfway done with the series. Kinugasa really needs to step up his game as I always considered Youjitsu to be a more realistic series but its getting really hard to take this serious. It can only get better after this.

What I love is how Kiyopon goes absolute Alpha-mode on Nagumos cuck ass. I lost it when he started talking about his "Superpowers". You could even feel a bit sorry for him. The part with Kouenji is way too much Gary Stu bullshit for me, I mean he is funny to read but I still dont get what the freaking point of his character is supposed to be, especially now that he is free.
I think one of Kinugasa's biggest mistakes was shifting the focus so much from Class D after Volume 7. In my virw it's like he just put the fact that they're aiming for Class A on hold in favor of this edgy plot. And then there's Wannabe-Ryuen. I mean Hosen actually.
Old 2021-02-27, 07:44   Link #5795
ImAPsycho

Quote:

Sorry for the rant but I am pissed off because I have really grown to like most of the characters, especially weird ones like Kiyotaka (who is my absolute favorite), Kouenji or Ryuuen. A shame that they are stuck in a shitty plot like this. They would really fit great in a more mature series as adult characters, but not in a school setting. I still hope that Kinugasa is just trolling us all and that he has some kind of plot twist in mind, but that is probably not the case. Maybe I just expect to much from a light novel filled with innocent, naive waifus, but even for that its just not enough and feels more like a happy go lucky train wreck, completely different from the first year. One can also wonder if there ever will be some side-characters from the 2nd year students who will get expelled from the school again. I highly doubt it, but if it really happens, the author is probably gonna make some big drama out of it. Well in a nutshell I and possibly a lot of other people in the fanbase as well are not satisfied with how this is going, considering we are not even halfway done with the series. Kinugasa really needs to step up his game as I always considered Youjitsu to be a more realistic series but its getting really hard to take this serious. It can only get better after this.

Tsukishiro still has a lot more to him. It's clear he never really intended to expel Kiyo, since he apparently thought hiding a taser and using that would be the ultimate strategy to defeat Kiyo in this island exam. He also had much more authority as the chairman, which he could have used to easily expel Kiyo in various ways but he's been fooling around for the past few volumes and I could never recognize him as a true threat. His entire plans to expel Kiyo just seem superficial, and I feel he has some deep relation with Ichika and he may have just wanted to use the excuse of the WR student to have her escape with the institution or he may be trying to have Kiyo let down his guard around Ichika and she might be playing an act. Shiba most likely has something to do with Ichika's injury or there may be another white room student capable of that strength, which will still make things a bit interesting. He did tell Kiyo to actually fight till the end, and even Kiyo himself doubted if Tsukishiro had ever intended to expel him.

Aside from that, Kinugasa knows how to builds things up but clearly, he can't plan well enough how to deliver a satisfying climax or plot. This island exam was a disaster, essentially implying that violence solves everything and I really had low expectations for it but Kinugasa has made me drop the bar even lower. The fact that Ichinose confesses in this exam, and apparently doesn't know what a GPS is and sacrificed even her classmates for him, Kiyo's "brilliant" strategies, and Nagumo and Koenji's chapter which is essentially just comedy for me, seeing how trash the third years are being portrayed and essentially scapegoated for the expulsions really just finishes my interest in this series. I dislike the harem so much, since there's so much potential to be explored in just developing friendships rather than nonsensically forcing someone as pure as Hiyori into this who was only now realizing the essence of a true friend. Kei or Arisu are really the only choices for him, for all the reasons you said above and the fact they're selfless in their love for him. I'm not quitting since I can't help but want to see Kiyo finally gain happiness and see how the series ends, but I sure hope Kinugasa can make up for this in the future as well.

Last edited by ImAPsycho; 2021-02-27 at 08:05.
ImAPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-27, 11:30   Link #5796
somejima

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAPsycho View Post
Tsukishiro still has a lot more to him. It's clear he never really intended to expel Kiyo, since he apparently thought hiding a taser and using that would be the ultimate strategy to defeat Kiyo in this island exam. He also had much more authority as the chairman, which he could have used to easily expel Kiyo in various ways but he's been fooling around for the past few volumes and I could never recognize him as a true threat. His entire plans to expel Kiyo just seem superficial, and I feel he has some deep relation with Ichika and he may have just wanted to use the excuse of the WR student to have her escape with the institution or he may be trying to have Kiyo let down his guard around Ichika and she might be playing an act. Shiba most likely has something to do with Ichika's injury or there may be another white room student capable of that strength, which will still make things a bit interesting. He did tell Kiyo to actually fight till the end, and even Kiyo himself doubted if Tsukishiro had ever intended to expel him.

Aside from that, Kinugasa knows how to builds things up but clearly, he can't plan well enough how to deliver a satisfying climax or plot. This island exam was a disaster, essentially implying that violence solves everything and I really had low expectations for it but Kinugasa has made me drop the bar even lower. The fact that Ichinose confesses in this exam, and apparently doesn't know what a GPS is and sacrificed even her classmates for him, Kiyo's "brilliant" strategies, and Nagumo and Koenji's chapter which is essentially just comedy for me, seeing how trash the third years are being portrayed and essentially scapegoated for the expulsions really just finishes my interest in this series. I dislike the harem so much, since there's so much potential to be explored in just developing friendships rather than nonsensically forcing someone as pure as Hiyori into this who was only now realizing the essence of a true friend. Kei or Arisu are really the only choices for him, for all the reasons you said above and the fact they're selfless in their love for him. I'm not quitting since I can't help but want to see Kiyo finally gain happiness and see how the series ends, but I sure hope Kinugasa can make up for this in the future as well.
Yeah that is the main motivation after this volume for me as well. I really wanna see him happy too, and for the love of god please without too much harem drama. Like you said, some meaningful friendships would also be great to see. The bit about Kei and Arisu, you are totally right, they really are the only choice for him, everything else is just way to superficial. He needs to get that love and healing, as he can not really give much himself at the moment, considering how broken he is as a person. Lel maybe Ryuuen will also sometimes in the future drop the edgy "I will destroy you and make you my bitch" tsundere attitude and acknowledges that he likes him, which in turn could really become a great bromance between them.

Now that I look at the part with Tsukishiro again, I agree and hope that there is some deeper meaning to that. I just hope the Japanese readers aren't satisfied with this and write some bad reviews. Maybe this will get Kinugasa back on the right track and make some real interesting competition between the classes and a better written plot a reality. All in all a real shame, since it had the potential to be something truly special, but maybe not all is lost. Time will tell.
Old 2021-02-27, 11:55   Link #5797
ImAPsycho

Quote:
Yeah that is the main motivation after this volume for me as well. I really wanna see him happy too, and for the love of god please without too much harem drama. Like you said, some meaningful friendships would also be great to see. The bit about Kei and Arisu, you are totally right, they really are the only choice for him, everything else is just way to superficial. He needs to get that love and healing, as he can not really give much himself at the moment, considering how broken he is as a person. Lel maybe Ryuuen will also sometimes in the future drop the edgy "I will destroy you and make you my bitch" tsundere attitude and acknowledges that he likes him, which in turn could really become a great bromance between them.

Now that I look at the part with Tsukishiro again, I agree and hope that there is some deeper meaning to that. I just hope the Japanese readers aren't satisfied with this and write some bad reviews. Maybe this will get Kinugasa back on the right track and make some real interesting competition between the classes and a better written plot a reality. All in all a real shame, since it had the potential to be something truly special, but maybe not all is lost. Time will tell.
Definitely agree on the bromance between Kiyo and Ryuuen, I'd seriously love to see them celebrate their birthday together in like the third year if they become close by then. I do feel that Ryuuen is changing since he's not really ruling through violence anymore after taking Kiyo's advice, and he's starting to become better acquainted with the people around him like Katsuragi, Ishizaki, and Albert. He's already fairly acquainted with Kiyo as friendly rivals(or in Kiyo's case, like a teacher you want to surpass) honestly, though he most likely doesn't want to show that since it'd hurt his pride. It does make things entertaining though, but just as you said, Ryuuen is going to have to acknowledge his limits eventually and realize he can't get up to Kiyo's level.
ImAPsycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-02-28, 22:54   Link #5798
shigeno

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPMS View Post
Kiyotaka was trying to go to I2 but he was called out by Nagumo who had found his location through the GPS. Nagumo saw through Kiyotaka's plan of keeping just outside of 10th place, and thus outside the rankings that were made public, in order to turn everything in the last two days and snatch the 1st place. Nagumo revealed that the one on the 10th place was under him and was tasked with keeping his scores as far as possible from the other places making it more difficult to turn everything at the end. Kiyotaka didn't want Nagumo to follow him to Tsukishiro so he tried threatening him but Nagumo relented. A voice from someone from the 3rd years came out of Nagumo's transceiver saying that all preparations against Kouenji were done and they just needed Nagumo's order so Kiyotaka told him to focus on that but Nagumo refused saying he didn't care about Kouenji, he was only interested in defeating the student Manabu was so interested in. Kiyotaka thought he had no choice so he knocked Nagumo down so his alarm started beeping, then Kiyotaka left.

That is true. Amasawa pointed out that Kiyotaka didn't asked for her help and that she couldn't possibly help him even if he did. Horikita rebuked saying that even if that was true she wanted to hear that from him. Amasawa said that she knew a lot about Kiyotaka and that he didn't trust Horikita. Horikita said that she wants to use the time until graduation to know, as a classmate and as a friend, more about him than Amasawa.
i wish this is become harem.
shigeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-01, 11:03   Link #5799
Anime_Sekai

Ibuki ss- S01T004714 Honami SS: ♋(emoji)
Anime_Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-03-01, 23:43   Link #5800
Lucidrago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime_Sekai View Post
Ibuki ss- S01T004714 Honami SS: ♋(emoji)
I feel like you're implying something with that ultimate position which shall not be named. And why did you post Ibuki's Student ID number?

Tags
comedy, drama, harem, mf bunko j, romance, school, thriller