AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-17, 03:03   Link #5801
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

What about the next KyoAni show that comes out this winter. The one that looks sort of weirdish version of Azumanga Diaoh in style?
Old 2010-10-17, 03:21   Link #5802
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Kanade mojo will run out of steam by the next saimoe.

Quote:

How the Touhou girls will do next year depends how the anime will portray them and whether the Touhou fanbase cares about Saimoe or not. If they don't care, then the Touhou girls will be knocked out quickly. If they do care, then we're looking at a massive faction on the rise here since the Touhou fanbase is HUGE.
Not only that, also Touhou already have their our saimoe contest (that popularity contest where Meiling won in the past and where Sanae progressed FAST in the two past years). In that one, fans have a chance to vote for their personal favorites (Byakuren, Sakuya and Nue in my case).
Old 2010-10-17, 04:35   Link #5803
RJ TAYLER

Last Sinner, are you by any chance going to come up with something similar to:

http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...64#post3275964

For this years SaiMoe winner?
Old 2010-10-17, 07:47   Link #5804
Zeroryoko1974

Send a message via AIM to Zeroryoko1974 Send a message via Yahoo to Zeroryoko1974
I wonder if they will do something special for Saimoe X. A tournament of the winners would be fun, but would favor newer characters (I personally would vote for Sakura).
Old 2010-10-17, 08:49   Link #5805
MatsuriSola

I heard anizone will make another tournament (Super Best Moe)... Seriously, I can't get what are those guys thinking. Three moe tournament in a year is ENOUGH. Too much and it'd be boring.
Besides, they already made the Korean Best Moe, right? Then why should they make another one? Are they not satisfied with the other tournaments?
Old 2010-10-17, 08:58   Link #5806
RJ TAYLER

Four would make for a true 'grand slam' though. A "Champion of Champions" tournament could be staged every 2-5 years however, as a one-off special event.
Old 2010-10-17, 09:35   Link #5807
MatsuriSola

well, how about this Super Best Moe thing? What differs this with the other tournament? I'm still confused why anizone make another best moe tournament in the same year...

By the way, do you guys think Sora from Yosuga No Sora could get a good result on the next Saimoe tournament?
Old 2010-10-17, 09:40   Link #5808
FlavorOfLife
Uncaring

Thats why i only follow the japanese saimoe. Its one shot, winner takes all and doesn't drag through the year
Old 2010-10-17, 10:02   Link #5809
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
What about the next KyoAni show that comes out this winter. The one that looks sort of weirdish version of Azumanga Diaoh in style?
Oh yea, Nichijou. It's not heavily story driven, maybe it'll be like K-ON. Can't really judge it without any animation to watch (even reading the manga doesn't give a solid view on how KyoAni's going to do it). Scratch that, if the show is genuinely funny (and cares more about that then cuteness), it'll be like Lucky Star. In any case it'll prob be popular enough to be a target of StopAni.
Old 2010-10-17, 10:29   Link #5810
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by MatsuriSola View Post
I heard anizone will make another tournament (Super Best Moe)... Seriously, I can't get what are those guys thinking. Three moe tournament in a year is ENOUGH. Too much and it'd be boring.
Besides, they already made the Korean Best Moe, right? Then why should they make another one? Are they not satisfied with the other tournaments?
Not the first time they do it. And at least it's the only thing ever Shana won, so I can't be that mad.

Never forget
Old 2010-10-17, 10:34   Link #5811
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Super Best Moe is not new, they just didn't have one last year. It combines the Korean Male Best Moe and Female Best Moe into a mega contest. Thus there will be both men and women to vote for. This contest tends to be dominated by the Korean fangirls, though the finalist in 2008 were Rozen Maidens Suigintou and Suiseiseki.

Plus we haven't heard anything about Chinese Saimoe this year. Thus there are like six moe contests in a year (if you count the Male Best Moe)...would have been more if SaiGAR had continued...even if that isn't a moe contest, it is made from the same cut as Saimoe, and had several Saimoe contestents in it (the White Devil is notorious).
Old 2010-10-17, 10:50   Link #5812
MatsuriSola

six? oh, man.... it'd be such a pain to follow them all.... which one is the most prestigious?

I can't find anything about Super Best Moe in google. It seems not quite popular, huh?
Old 2010-10-17, 11:02   Link #5813
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Saimoe is the most followed because it is the original. Vote numbers are picking back up, but numbers are down due to Japanese restrictions and the voting process takes at least an hour if not two to complete.

Best Moe (female) is probably next and has historically had the highest vote count in a match.

International SaiMoe League basically started on AnimeSuki and is probaby the longest tournament since it runs from January to October using the least number of girls. Currently has the highest amount of voters.

Super Best Moe is relevent though fighting the males and females together can make things odd and makes its inclusion into ISML iffy anymore.

Best Moe (male) if to give the guys their own chance to shine. Not followed as much at the others I would think (I pay it no mind)

Chinese Saimoe...it rarely made public as is hard to understand last I saw it. It not international enough to be considered in ISML due to voting restrictions or something.

SaiGAR....defunct male tournement run by 4chan.

SaiLoli....I have no idea if this is still going on...used for purposes of the Unofficial Saimoe Title Belt on the ISML forum.

(New)
Anime Only Character Tournement....new tournement being started on AnimeSuki to include a limited number of males and females. In its first nomination phase now.
Old 2010-10-17, 11:10   Link #5814
frustra
Team M.Y.T.Hi.C.

Here's an archive of Saimoe-related stuff I worked on for this year's tournament. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7LSZWGZW

Saimoe 2010 Credits Roll

props to:

chaosprophet - translations and stuff
saimoe anon - posters and all that jazz
ando - tracker
overfunk - headlines suggestions and stuff
Seishi - synchroom updates
Komari - thread starter
Rika-chama - miscellaneous names translation
AyaReiko - bracket
Micchi and other bloggers - Saimoe coverage and other good reads
2ch - for hosting this crazy contest

and to fellow AS members who participated in the discussions, conspiracy theories, cardboards, rage, tears, joy, glory, etc

and with that, i'm done for the year, (I think). it's been a fun ride. thanks everyone, and see you again next year!
Old 2010-10-17, 16:59   Link #5815
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Super Best Moe is relevent though fighting the males and females together can make things odd and makes its inclusion into ISML iffy anymore.
Is it possible for ISML to have qualification standards that does not include Anime Saimoe and Korean Best Moe?
Old 2010-10-17, 17:41   Link #5816
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

The trouble with Super Best Moe is the males actually.
Old 2010-10-17, 17:57   Link #5817
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

I think I'll hold out for an Ultimate Super Best Moe contest.
Old 2010-10-17, 18:52   Link #5818
Aya Reiko
Cutengu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Kanade mojo will run out of steam by the next saimoe.

Not only that, also Touhou already have their our saimoe contest (that popularity contest where Meiling won in the past and where Sanae progressed FAST in the two past years). In that one, fans have a chance to vote for their personal favorites (Byakuren, Sakuya and Nue in my case).
The one you're talking about has been defunct for ages. There's the Touhou Popularity poll, but that's a single poll/survey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frustra View Post
Here's an archive of Saimoe-related stuff I worked on for this year's tournament. http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7LSZWGZW

Saimoe 2010 Credits Roll

props to:

chaosprophet - translations and stuff
saimoe anon - posters and all that jazz
ando - tracker
overfunk - headlines suggestions and stuff
Seishi - synchroom updates
Komari - thread starter
Rika-chama - miscellaneous names translation
AyaReiko - bracket
Micchi and other bloggers - Saimoe coverage and other good reads
2ch - for hosting this crazy contest

and to fellow AS members who participated in the discussions, conspiracy theories, cardboards, rage, tears, joy, glory, etc

and with that, i'm done for the year, (I think). it's been a fun ride. thanks everyone, and see you again next year!
Don't forget me for the second trailer and KirbyLucky for the other trailers (Trailer #1, Best 8, etc.). I'm kinda surprised there never was an official Japanese trailer this year.
Old 2010-10-17, 19:42   Link #5819
OverFunk
It will never be the year

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
I think I'll hold out for an Ultimate Super Best Moe contest.
Sign me up for an ultimate showdown of ultimate destiny moe.

Never forget
Old 2010-10-17, 21:45   Link #5820
Wolfnagi
Ojou-sama Familiar!!!!!!!

"still dead from the result"
Oh well, I guess I say Congrats to Azusa then,
At least she's not in my hate list (Mio gotten that one for tottaly being the b***h girl in K-ON)...
And when will the next AST host????
Next June????

Tags
2010, saimoe