AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2016-03-09, 19:48   Link #58481
TheActualJambles
Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRW-Otaku View Post
...So, this is what it feels like dealing with me when I was still actively posting, eh? I feel your pain now, demi.
First, Jambles, I think I need to tell you something if you want to survive on the 'Net:
Passive Agressive is basically the Internet's default mode, when it's not going after cat killers with unstoppable rage or when it's mass-upvoting a game that it loves. Dealing with it is easy: you just need to politely reply to them, take some time to think before you post and remember that you can't force your oppinion on other people or force them to act the way you want.
Also, demi is just saying from experience. Yes, it is not dead, but demi didn't have the luck to see those groups. Also, he never said IS suck or anything.
Just because something you like isn't popular, doesn't mean you can't like it. Like me and the Legend of Heroes games. I would pick those game over COD and Destiny "The story is on a seperate webpage" any hour.
Also, everyone has their own agenda all the time. Expecting people to ignore their's to comment on your work is kinda hard. You're not their John Romero. Instead, you need to expect FREE WILL from these people.
That being said, I'm willing to comment on whatever you post, and if you're REALLY lucky, maybe my sister can help you (beware: she relies heavily on visual cues, gags and tropes, which I told her to drop if she want's to write fics. If she give you any advises, take it with a grain of salt). I'm the Super Robot fan around these part, so I'm willing to help you if you just ask politely. That would IGNITE MY BURNING PASSION VERY MUCH!!!
...Sorry, too much Gekiganger 3 theme on loop.
Also, have you noticed that all of these are in one post?
Beautiful, isn't she?
Also, with SRW OG Moon Dweller coming out, Houki's in a Super Robot with a redhead and possibly Charlotte, judging by how Melua looks. Let the jokes rise!
Thank you for the information.
TheActualJambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-09, 20:02   Link #58482
SRW-Otaku
The Corniest Mecha Fanboy

See? Was that so hard?
Now, what do you got in mind?

The thing that formed my childhood...
SRW-Otaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-10, 02:05   Link #58483
TheActualJambles
Writer

Quote:
See? Was that so hard?
Now, what do you got in mind?
I already wrote two chapters of an ichika and houki fic, I plan to continue that one, I can post them here if you would like but I am more serious about a sci-fi-adventure and romance one I plan to write.
Old 2016-03-10, 19:09   Link #58484
SRW-Otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheActualJambles View Post
I already wrote two chapters of an ichika and houki fic, I plan to continue that one, I can post them here if you would like but I am more serious about a sci-fi-adventure and romance one I plan to write.
Okay then. Post it here, but preferably in quote or spoiler, because it let us noticed that part better from a regular post.

Old 2016-03-10, 20:10   Link #58485
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Has anyone here pitched the idea of power armor running a slave generator/battery to an IS acting as the master power source?
Old 2016-03-10, 23:14   Link #58486
SRW-Otaku

...Tell me more

Old 2016-03-11, 01:04   Link #58487
demino_hellsin
That one guy

So remember how I used to have the idea that instead of threatening Japan with economic sanctions and making it take responsibility for raising future IS pilots, the world just kinda- sorta- freaked out and tried to blow Japan to kingdom come?

Instead of my previous idea where Japan was split into 2 factions, a pacifist party defending Japan and whatever resources it has left and a revenge driven party practically frothing at the mouth for invading everyone else, after 90% of it was reduced to irradiated wasteland due to the nuclear carpet bombing the rest of the world gave it after keeping Chifuyu busy with their military.

This time Japan has all 467 IS in military service and they are invading the world. The long and short of their problems still remain the same. They cannot develop the IS because they were only given the cores and whatever resources they have are practically ashes. So at best they have Uchiganes with overgrown katana and muskets. God knows it's enough to rule the world, but not without being resisted through sheer numbers and a lack of way to reduce those numbers to nothing in a single pull of a trigger. So even with 467 IS at their beck and call, Japan has to make use of some very basic military units, including but not limited to infantry.

The idea of the power armor is basic exo-suit that provides some level of protection, improved physical prowess and maybe some firepower along the way for foot soldiers. This time, women are the commanders in the army with women wielding the IS. Each IS is equipped with a power distributor allowing her to power some number of registered power suits. these power suits would be equipped by men following under her command(because at this point that's all they're good for)

Ichika and Dan would be two of these soldiers assigned under an IS pilot and that would be where the story starts. I haven't had any basic designs thought up yet but I wanted it somewhere between the fully body coverage of iron man, and the seemingly uselessly useful functionality of the exoskeletons from "Edge of Tomorrow" and that other movie starring Matt Daemon, the one where he got radiation poisoning.

The level of matriarchy in this version of that world is much higher. Now that I have an idea that the state of the population after what amounts to the nuclear holocaust laser-guidedly specified unto Japan rendered more men dead than women. Mostly because the idea of sending women and children first to safety, that and the idea that Japan's military gets summarily massacred, assuming majority of the army are men, defending against the combined might of what's left of the world's military trying to wipe out Japan. At least before an able number of IS became operational enough to push them all back. Either way the men to women ratio would've fallen to maybe somewhere between 1:2 and 1:3

Last edited by demino_hellsin; 2016-03-11 at 01:15.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-11, 08:25   Link #58488
SRW-Otaku

Hm...I was thinking about the IS having a Gravity Wave Beam emitter, while the exo suits have something like a Gravity Wave Antenna, sort of like how the Nadesico and it's Aesties, but that may have been too easy -aka no conflict in the story- and made the whole army succeptable to mass jamming of some sort. Not that cables are any better, but that would lead to more inventive scenarios and stuff.
I personally think the Iron Man full body armor style isn't going to match up with your current style. The semi-exsposed armor would be a kind of Fridge Brilliance, as the Japanese government are now really desperate and trying all sorts of things, up to and including fancy, modified heavy loaders.
I actually read a fic with a similiar premise of "OP as fuck, but few in numbers and still needs regular arms and aerial support, and also having to take on too much enemy". It's a Kancolle fic called "Ambience: A Fleet Symphony". It was excellent... Until he decided to kill off the main OC male character that is a little bit fuck up due to post nuclear apocalypse but slowly developed into a nice guy, then replacing him with his asshole scientist godfather that is less forgiving and more ruthless than him. Just because it's "Interesting to do".
I hope you don't kill off Ichi and replace his Main Character spot with Dan.

Old 2016-03-11, 09:22   Link #58489
demino_hellsin
That one guy

It's weird. Mayve a specific type of uniform but only certain exact receivers get power and grant the boosts like an exoskeleton?

Ichika and Dan might actually become enemies actually. After all, it's not really cliche if he just follows the invasion.
Old 2016-03-11, 09:59   Link #58490
SRW-Otaku

Like, Owari no Seraph style betrayal? Okay then. Thats cool, I guess. I would have prefer them being cripple at some point, so now they got to pilot a suit togheter to compensates for the other's nonfunctional limbs. But then again I watched Pacific Rim too many times and I'm a robot geek, so meh.

Old 2016-03-11, 10:24   Link #58491
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The idea was going to be that Japan reverted to its old ways and kind of shared the spoils of war. Ofcourse this included women(gonna trigger some SJWs there). Ichika picked out his own share ofcourse but he didn't do anything to them. He just kind of did it out of requirement. At worst he kind of keeps them in house arrest and has them clean around the house or something. When the government figures out Ichika is harboring these girls they get pissed. In the first place all prisoners have to be turned in, but they just kind of turn a blind eye to soldiers who abuse their prisoners. However Ichika was not abusing the girls he took. Heck he was downright protecting them. When the girls are to be taken away, Ichika does something stupid and saves them, effectively rebelling against his country. Hell he even gets the girls ISs even though they threaten to kill him the second they get their hands on one.
Old 2016-03-11, 13:47   Link #58492
TheActualJambles
Writer

Quote:
Okay then. Post it here, but preferably in quote or spoiler, because it let us noticed that part better from a regular post.
https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11371242/1/Bedside-Manners
Old 2016-03-11, 22:27   Link #58493
SRW-Otaku

Quote:
Not gonna lie, but this feels a bit generic. Like, REALLY generic.
It's so generic that I will now have to resolve to one of the most basic commentation technique ever. As riffers everywhere have done:
SRW-Otaku: Witty retort!

Old 2016-03-13, 02:14   Link #58494
TheActualJambles
Writer

Quote:
Not gonna lie, but this feels a bit generic. Like, REALLY generic.
It's so generic that I will now have to resolve to one of the most basic commentation technique ever. As riffers everywhere have done:
SRW-Otaku: Witty retort!
Its one of my non-serious ones I don't really put a shitton of effort into. I'm writing my more legit one now, just wanted to share what I've already mentioned
Old 2016-03-13, 07:07   Link #58495
SRW-Otaku

Quote:
Its one of my non-serious ones I don't really put a shitton of effort into. I'm writing my more legit one now, just wanted to share what I've already mentioned
Yeah, I hope that was the case, because I hope you have gotten better since then.

Old 2016-03-13, 15:57   Link #58496
TheActualJambles
Writer

Quote:
Yeah, I hope that was the case, because I hope you have gotten better since then.
I'll link to FanFiction once I have that specfic one, but are you not so excited about the main point of Bedside Manners or what is it, just generic squabble that it usually is.
Old 2016-03-13, 16:10   Link #58497
TheActualJambles
Writer

Quote:
What I'm asking is, what exactly do you find so generic? Is it the way Ichika acts, etc? I wish to know so I can keep what is there out of the other.
Old 2016-03-13, 17:11   Link #58498
TheActualJambles
Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
The idea was going to be that Japan reverted to its old ways and kind of shared the spoils of war. Ofcourse this included women(gonna trigger some SJWs there). Ichika picked out his own share ofcourse but he didn't do anything to them. He just kind of did it out of requirement. At worst he kind of keeps them in house arrest and has them clean around the house or something. When the government figures out Ichika is harboring these girls they get pissed. In the first place all prisoners have to be turned in, but they just kind of turn a blind eye to soldiers who abuse their prisoners. However Ichika was not abusing the girls he took. Heck he was downright protecting them. When the girls are to be taken away, Ichika does something stupid and saves them, effectively rebelling against his country. Hell he even gets the girls ISs even though they threaten to kill him the second they get their hands on one.
I do truly apologize for the accusations and the inconvenience I provided you guys with. I will be a bit more awake and comprehensible from now on posting. I overreacted and I owe the entire thread an apology.
Old 2016-03-13, 19:31   Link #58499
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I'm not sure why you're apologizing but I accept it all the same. Everyone's a bit of a jerk on the internet anyway so I apologize as well. I was kind of a dick.

The generic-ness comes from the prose you use. Your word choice feels uninteresting and bog standard. We're not saying you should start writing poetically or anything, it's just that it lacks impact and there' no sense of captivation to be had from reading it. I can barely read 2 paragraphs in before I find myself drifting to other thoughts. That's generally a subjective complaint so it surprised me that me and SRW had the same issue.

Next off, you really should think about what you want to post and learn to multi-quote because double- triple- posting is bad.
Old 2016-03-13, 23:44   Link #58500
TheActualJambles
Writer

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I'm not sure why you're apologizing but I accept it all the same. Everyone's a bit of a jerk on the internet anyway so I apologize as well. I was kind of a dick.

The generic-ness comes from the prose you use. Your word choice feels uninteresting and bog standard. We're not saying you should start writing poetically or anything, it's just that it lacks impact and there' no sense of captivation to be had from reading it. I can barely read 2 paragraphs in before I find myself drifting to other thoughts. That's generally a subjective complaint so it surprised me that me and SRW had the same issue.

Next off, you really should think about what you want to post and learn to multi-quote because double- triple- posting is bad.
I appreciate the feedback, I really didn't realize that. Looking back at it now, I lacked a lot in a few places in that. This will really help me, writing what I am now.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest