AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-25, 18:30   Link #5841
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Var View Post
That seems rather unreasonable. They've built her up to ruin her?
They backed themselves into a corner. They had plans for her, but they ran out of time.

And I think that they ultimately decided to go with CC as the girl that would support Lelouch through the remaining battles. CC doesn't have a powerful Knightmare like Kallen. Contributing in between battles is her best method of remaining relevant. Kallen will do so by fighting and that will sell more models.
TheDisruptiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 18:30   Link #5842
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLum View Post
No good reason here. He uses everyone and discards them as shown by Schneizal.
Yeah, because his evidence wasn't one-sided. Kallen knows the truth the others do not.
Old 2008-08-25, 18:32   Link #5843
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Yeah, because his evidence wasn't one-sided. Kallen knows the truth the others do not.
Mind telling me this truth as well? Because I couldn't catch it. Yea I'm a big idiot I know so help me out.
sLum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 18:33   Link #5844
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Mind telling me this truth as well? Because I couldn't catch it. Yea I'm a big idiot I know so help me out.
That Euphy was an accident, for starters. There's also his Geass, which she actually understands.
Old 2008-08-25, 18:36   Link #5845
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
That Euphy was an accident, for starters. There's also his Geass, which she actually understands.
He could've concealed Euphy and sent her back to the Emperor or Cornelia explaining the situation. His geass is to take away other people's free thought. Please tell me some, I can't seem to find any. I'm just terribly dense...
Old 2008-08-25, 18:37   Link #5846
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
I dunno.

Assuming she's aware of it do you think that would help Lelouch's cause?

I don't think women take it easy when their husbands admit having affairs/what not and argue that they were drunk.

Quote:
He could've concealed Euphy and sent her back to the Emperor or Cornelia explaining the situation. His geass is to take away other people's free thought. Please tell me some, I can't seem to find any. I'm just terribly dense...
No that Euphie incident is the breaking point. The rest are irrelevant or secondary at best.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 18:37   Link #5847
Aquaman OS

She's pretty much his only real friend now. That's pretty big development right there.

As for her backstory and Britannian side, yeah thats obviously not happening now. But it was never supposed to be a big part of her character to begin with, initally she was just supposed to be a regular Japanese girl that happened to be with the Order. The Britannian half part was thrown in because they wanted to put her at Ashford so she could interact with Lelouch out of costume. Once they had interacted enough they abruptly cut her out Ashford for good and rarely brought up her Britannian side again.

So yeah her Britannian side is nothing special, just an excuse to get her to interact with Lelouch and Suzaku at school.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 18:39   Link #5848
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
She's pretty much his only real friend now. That's pretty big development right there.
Everyone loves to forget about Suzaku...
Old 2008-08-25, 18:41   Link #5849
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
What? How could he conceal her? She ordered a massacre in broad daylight on live television. Kallen knows that Lelouch is not the evil bastard the others think he is, and even before she respected his ability.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
I dunno.

Assuming she's aware of it do you think that would help Lelouch's cause?

I don't think women take it easy when their husbands admit having affairs/what not and argue that they were drunk.
She did have a year to get over it.

Quote:
The same Suzaku that Lelouch thinks betrayed him? Yeah, he's really a good friend at the moment.
Old 2008-08-25, 18:41   Link #5850
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Yeah, but we know that currently their friendship is in shambles...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 18:41   Link #5851
TheDisruptiveOne

Quote:
Well, they were on pretty bad terms when they last met. lol, Lelouch even referred to him as his first and last friend. I don't think anything has changed in their relationship. Suzaku fired the freija and killed Nunnally. I can't imagine that things would suddenly be better.
TheDisruptiveOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 18:42   Link #5852
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
What? How could he conceal her? She ordered a massacre in broad daylight on live television. Kallen knows that Lelouch is not the evil bastard the others think he is, and even before she respected his ability.
He was in control of the situation and he took advantage of it. He could've given up his entire Zero persona for Euphy just to save her but he didn't. He could've but he didn't. He could've but he didn't.

Edit: None of you are acting like Lelouch didn't betray Suzaku either. They're even now.
Old 2008-08-25, 18:42   Link #5853
Aquaman OS

Suzaku is different. Like Nunnally they never really understood each other. They can certainly start their friendship anew but Suzaku doesn't really know what Lelouch has been through for the last several years, and is only now beginning to understand.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 18:43   Link #5854
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
She did have a year to get over it.
And as I've argued before, first time Kallen ran away scared.

So to be fair, the Knights are going through that scared phase and will later on move onto the second phase which Kallen is at.

And besides, they don't exactly have a year to cool down you know.
Old 2008-08-25, 18:44   Link #5855
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
He was in control of the situation and he took advantage of it. He could've given up his entire Zero persona for Euphy just to save her but he didn't. He could've but he didn't. He could've but he didn't.
No, he couldn't. That command destroyed her completely. She was gone. All her life she would be a violent psychopath bent on killing Japanese.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
And as I've argued before, first time Kallen ran away scared.

So to be fair, the Knights are going through that scared phase and will later on move onto the second phase which Kallen is at.

And besides, they don't exactly have a year to cool down you know.
True enough. Can't disagree.
Old 2008-08-25, 18:45   Link #5856
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Can't disagree with horny. It's in one of those Bokura no Hibi stories. Crazed and fanatic, on the other hand, I will disagree with. She's loyal, and for good reason.
Her enitire arc this season has been learning about Lelouch. In some ways Kallen knowns more about him then a lot of people. Only other person close to that level is C.C. and I doubt she knows all those stories about him as a child.
Suzaku only knows what he was like after meeting him in Japan. Kallen now knows him as Zero, Lelouch the commander, and Lelouch the boy and gentle brother. I thk that's what kallen was struggling with. Which is the real man. I think his last words to her was the real answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
Dann is a good comparison really. I'm not going to harp about it in every thread. But I have given up. I now realize that they intended on ruining her character from the beginning.

Oh well...Gundam 00 starts in a little more than a month.

A scene without interruptions? What in Kallen's history makes you think something like that is going to happen?
Maybe MAYBE they were always interrupting the both of them as a lead up to something big. Tease and tease and tease, then to lead to some big payoff. The whole season has teased far too much for it not to lead to something interesting. I talk about it in my posting a little back.

Quote:
Kallen does have a rather deep understanding of who Lelouch is. Why did her character go on such a journey this whole season for it to lead to nothing?

Quote:
Also she's been Geassed once before. She's now immune to his influence. She ever has to worry about that ever again with him.
Old 2008-08-25, 18:46   Link #5857
sLum
Suzaku vi Brittania

Quote:
No, he couldn't. That command destroyed her completely. She was gone. All her life she would be a violent psychopath bent on killing Japanese.
Cornelia would've found a way to get a Geass Canceler believe me.
Old 2008-08-25, 18:46   Link #5858
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDisruptiveOne View Post
They backed themselves into a corner. They had plans for her, but they ran out of time.

And I think that they ultimately decided to go with CC as the girl that would support Lelouch through the remaining battles. CC doesn't have a powerful Knightmare like Kallen. Contributing in between battles is her best method of remaining relevant. Kallen will do so by fighting and that will sell more models.
Not sure how to argue against baseless pessimism.

The plot has been resolved for several months now, I doubt they just 'decided' to go with C.C. all of a sudden. The plot has been there, finished, all they had to do was turn it into an anime. I doubt they just suddenly decided to ditch her character unless they had it planned all along, which in and of itself makes no sense with all the development she's recieved. Suffice to say, if they do relegate her to a nobody character and throw out her development, they'll definately piss of more than a few fans.

That being said, Kallen role this season has not been that of the kick ass pilot. She's been in serious fights three times, all other times she has been the one supporting and helping Lelouch. As shiny and hax as the mechs are in this series, they have never been the selling point. DVDs are the selling point, and bombing the story does not sell DVDs.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 18:46   Link #5859
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Quote:
Also she's been Geassed once before. She's now immune to his influence. She ever has to worry about that ever again with him.
Yeah well not everyone has that luxury.

Quote:
Too bad Lelouch got to her first.

And the canceller thing didn't come in until another year.

Dealing with Euphie would be locking Hannibal in a cage.
Old 2008-08-25, 18:47   Link #5860
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Oh come on now. You're grabbing at straws. Jeremiah had to become a cyborg, get sunk under water, found by the Geass Cult, and upgraded again just to get that power.