AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-02-03, 05:56   Link #5841
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I wonder if Asumu as a culprit would be allowed by the knox rules. Certainly she was mentioned but she's never been shown, we barely know what kind of person she was. I think that father Knox wouldn't be pleased at the very least.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 06:09   Link #5842
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I wonder if Asumu as a culprit would be allowed by the knox rules. Certainly she was mentioned but she's never been shown, we barely know what kind of person she was. I think that father Knox wouldn't be pleased at the very least.
That would be a concern indeed. Perhaps the characterization would come by later realizing that the person telling the tales (3 and beyond) was actually behind the crime?

I wonder how Hachijou knew so much about what happened on the island to write those stories...

There's also this comment by Kyrie:
“How could you understand the madness of a woman whose man was stolen from her, and who has burned with envy for 18 years!!”

Now why would the author assume that Kyrie remained envious of Asumu six years after she died? Mabye because the author wanted to portray her that way?
Old 2010-02-03, 06:17   Link #5843
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Hachijou is a little young to be Asumu, if that's what you're suggesting. She'd be around Kasumi's age, at that point.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 06:29   Link #5844
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
Hachijou is a little young to be Asumu, if that's what you're suggesting. She'd be around Kasumi's age, at that point.
What did they say Hachijou's age was in the game? Sorry, I missed that part.
Old 2010-02-03, 06:32   Link #5845
ijriims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post
There's also this comment by Kyrie:
“How could you understand the madness of a woman whose man was stolen from her, and who has burned with envy for 18 years!!”

Now why would the author assume that Kyrie remained envious of Asumu six years after she died? Mabye because the author wanted to portray her that way?
EP3 Kyrie said every time she saw Battler, he reminded her of Asumu and the possibility that it was her child surviving but Asumu's dead. She said her envy was present in the past, now and in the future. It would last forever.

Battler, you have already known it, right?

Without Love, it cannot be seen.
ijriims is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 06:42   Link #5846
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
What did they say Hachijou's age was in the game? Sorry, I missed that part.
She just doesn't look like a woman nearing sixty to me. Well, I suppose Natsuhi and Eva don't either.
Old 2010-02-03, 08:11   Link #5847
Kaiba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
I was thinking, maaayyybbee Asumu killed Kyrie and masqueraded as her, took her name or something? It's not like I think that, as it still doesn't solve my main objection to Kyrietrice ( her early deaths in the first two twilights.)
Kaiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 09:20   Link #5848
Dr. Akagi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiba View Post
I was thinking, maaayyybbee Asumu killed Kyrie and masqueraded as her, took her name or something? It's not like I think that, as it still doesn't solve my main objection to Kyrietrice ( her early deaths in the first two twilights.)
http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3000

Death and its implications as viewed by the Umineko No Naku Koro Ni characters.
Dr. Akagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 11:26   Link #5849
chronotrig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Akagi View Post
Kyrie was thinking that food was unnecessary.
She claimed that they should not leave the guesthouse.
She suggested that they leave the guesthouse to get food.
Until the last instant before she died, Kyrie preserved her pattern of behavior.

These reds prove that someone named Kyrie was on the island, unless you want to interpret them as happening before October 4/5...which you can't really do unless you have evidence or clues to back it up.
So unless dressing up as someone allows you to steal their name in the red text, Kasumi can't have dressed up as Kyrie unless they were both on the island, which is basically impossible after EP6.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 11:44   Link #5850
Antera Caramichael
French Maid

Easy: Just like for Kinzo, everyone reconized that Rudolf partner was Kyrie, just as everyone name Kanon and Shanon while it is not their real name. It is as plausible as people reconizing Kinzo while he is not there, since it is not stated that no one other than Kyrie can bear her name. For example, with Kyrie defection, the Sumadera family reconized Kasumi being the new hire, the new Kyrie.

Last edited by Antera Caramichael; 2010-02-03 at 12:03.
Antera Caramichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 11:47   Link #5851
ijriims

Well, the clues pointing to Kasumi imposing as Kyrie are as many as Nanjo's granddaughter imposing as Nanjo...

Old 2010-02-03, 11:56   Link #5852
Antera Caramichael
French Maid

But we cannot exclude this possibility. We cannot compare objectively Kyrie and Kasumi physically because:
1: There do not share any similaire behavior, nor expressions. Kyrie has always her eyes open while Kasumi don't and she is wearing a kimono with which we cannot compare their bodies.
2: 18 Years separate Kyrie and Kasumi draws.

So in brief we have neither a physical description of Kasumi in 1986 nor an alibi for her.
And since Evatrice appeared in 1998 without Eva, we can assume that Evatrice is not entirely Eva's alter ego.
Furthermore, we know that Kasumi was envying practicaly to death Kyrie for being so free. With the inheritance question, the Sumadera family being the culprit isn't impossible at all.
Antera Caramichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 11:59   Link #5853
Renall
BUY MY BOOK!!!

Asumu and Kinzo's wife are both characters introduced as early as ep1, stated to be dead, never confirmed dead in red and never given an actual cause of death. With Kinzo's wife you just sort of assume she died of old age or something, but Asumu's death is kind of a hanging question.

I don't see any reason to doubt they're both dead, and if one or the other were the culprit I'd feel kind of shafted, but it's certainly odd to talk about two dead characters and their unusual behavior and then never once say anything about them or show them at all. Heck, the anime showed younger versions of some characters but never even hinted at Asumu's appearance.

I suppose you could add the original Beatrice to that list. If you don't think Kumasawa was the first, anyway (I don't, but who knows). Never shown, death assumed but only hinted at, albeit much more strongly than the other deaths were.
Renall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 12:24   Link #5854
ijriims

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antera Caramichael View Post
*snip*
If I was the one controlling the Sumadera family, I would probably send Kyrie to get the gold instead of Kasumi, as I know Kasumi is much inferior to Kyrie, ability-wise.

Old 2010-02-03, 14:50   Link #5855
luckyssol

For any of the murders that occurred on the island (except what occurs at midnight on October 5th) it's clear that the one who executed them would chosen from the 17 on the island. What is not clear is who the string puller is and who is manipulating who.

However, I don't see how anyone can not at least raise some kind of a question to the death of a woman in her 40s. It's not natural to die at the age. Battler and Rudolf said they believed Asumu was dead but the circumstances of her death were never given.

The clue from the story that there could have been some conflict that lead to her "death" was the fact that Rudolf was probably cheating on Asumu at around the time of Asumu's death. The year Ange was born and the year Asumu "died" were in the year. Why should we simply ignore a clue like this?

There are many possible ways to construct a motive for Asumu. As an example:
Spoiler for Motive:

No time to check for type-o's since I got to head to class. I'll edit it later on.

Last edited by luckyssol; 2010-02-03 at 18:45.
luckyssol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 15:26   Link #5856
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

It needs (a lot of) work, but I like this theory.
Old 2010-02-03, 15:33   Link #5857
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
@Ssol: Rudolf couldn't have married Kyrie without a corpse or having Asumu declared legally dead.

And if there is anything suspicious about a woman's death or disappearance, it looks very bad for the husband to announce a second marriage shortly after that. (See Agatha Christie's disappearance.)
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 15:34   Link #5858
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post
@Ssol: Rudolf couldn't have married Kyrie without a corpse or having Asumu declared legally dead.
Which kind of makes me think that, if the theory is true, either Rudolf is in on her faked death or someone produced a fake corpse which Rudolf identified as Asumu for whatever reason.
Old 2010-02-03, 16:10   Link #5859
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerpepitone View Post

And if there is anything suspicious about a woman's death or disappearance, it looks very bad for the husband to announce a second marriage shortly after that. (See Agatha Christie's disappearance.)
If she did fall off a cliff it is possible that the corpse may have washed out to sea. There would have definitely have been a search of the area. However, it might not have been possible to locate. There would need to have been at least some kind of blood stain where she fell for them to have detemined this.

Regarding Rudolf, in my theory (which is not even half complete yet) I have him absolutely believing that Asumu passed away so he had no problem with moving on to Kyrie.
Old 2010-02-03, 16:21   Link #5860
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
If she did fall off a cliff it is possible that the corpse may have washed out to sea. There would have definitely have been a search of the area. However, it might not have been possible to locate. There would need to have been at least some kind of blood stain where she fell for them to have detemined this.
I don't think that this works... if there's no body, even if she should by all rights be dead, I think she'd still be legally classified as "missing".

There's still a year left to go before she'd be declared legally dead... unless someone got a certain doctor to declare her death after only, say, four months.