AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2014-09-04, 22:26   Link #5841
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Also I never said you said he was evil. Just that people make Kouki out to be worse than he really is. He's bad. But the way people here make him out to be, you'd think he ran over 50 crying kittens and a baby to boot.
I will reiterate: To me he's an ungrateful sanctimonious ass. I've even put an analysis a few pages based on the dungeon rescue back on why I thought so. Look again.

Quote:
I could understand this much wrath for Hiyama. Well, he died the way he lived, a lose. So it's fine. But all the Kouki bashing? sheeeesh. He's stupid. But I never though people get so mad over him they start distorting his personality.
Because he declares himself to be a hero. If he said that, then I'm expecting him to act like one:
- Protect the weak and innocent, not "it will be good for him. After all the other guys are just trying to help". (3 on 1 is never a good idea, unless the 1 guy is explicitly a monster and/or evil)
- Believes the best in everyone and not look down on others.
- Stand by his belief, but don't force it on other people.

Quote:
He cares for Hajime as much as his other classmates, or used to. But he misunderstands things. ALOT of things. He thinks Hiyama and the other three are good, so while they went overboard, he still thinks they just want to Help Hajime. Because he's stupid.
Nope. He doesn't care for Hajime at all really, since to Kouki, Hajime is an unmotivated otaku and thus nor worth it.

Quote:
He thinks Hajime is enslaving the girls = Hajime hasn't exactly shown himself to be a saint since their reunion + a newly born first time he's ever experience a negative emotion, called Jealously because Kaori confesses. Wonderboy acts like a child. But Hey, this is his first time actually having negative thoughts. He's not like Hiyama where he plots to kill the girl of his dreams and make her his toy. Kouki just needs to get over and mature.
So just because he's feeling jealous that gives him to right to be a dick about it? Nope.

Also, Hajime hasn't exactly shown himself to be a saint but he hasn't shown himself to be a monster either. Like I said a while back, only Shia's case is semi-acceptable due to her wearing a collar as proof of Hajime having slave. But Kouki immediately said that ALL the girls are his slaves and that he treats them like collection.

Quote:
Next time they meet, he's mad that despite all the power Hajime has, Hajime has no desire to save the world. To Kouki is this almost unforgivable. But Kouki isn't being hypocritical. Kouki would save the world if he had that power. He simply thinks it's a person's duty to do so. "With great power comes great responsibility." It's why he just went up and said "we will be the heroes you need" when Ishtar told them that they were brought to this world to save them.
Semi-acceptable, but he's FORCING his view onto Hajime WITHOUT thinking about Hajime's side of the story.

Also, that example of Ishtar really isn't that good since he said "we" without consulting the class. Again, forcing his view onto people.

I know I sound like a strawman, but that is my belief and until Kouki do something that changes, I'll stand by it

Last edited by Lhklan; 2014-09-04 at 22:45.
Lhklan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 22:40   Link #5842
Arkage

Hajime and Kouki

These Two are polar opposites.
Hajime is dark but decent. He is more of a realist who understands that most people are scumbags out to use others.

Kouki is an idealist of the worst kind who believes everyone believes what he does, and if they dont he will have no worries in killing them as they are "evil". (Ahem.....religious zealots anyone?).

Little bit of bias there, as i like the darker more realistic characters.

p.s. I made and account just so i could reply, lol
Arkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 22:42   Link #5843
ngng
Ibekusa Makina daisuki!

Lhklan's analysis is always spot-on. Why we hate Kouki? Because:

1. He calls himself to be a hero big shot, but does not act like one.
2. He never listens to other and always thinks his opnion is best (before Shizuku's talk)
3. He is a simple fool who thinks everything can be solved with power.
4. He thinks people with power has a responsibility to save the world and it does not matter what they think.
5. He thinks it's natural for his childhood friends will be with him forever (at Kaori's confession).
6. He looks down on otaku and thinks they don't deserve to be loved by girls. If girls follow otaku, it means that guy must have done something to the girls (brainwashing, enslaving, kidnapping).
7. Even though he thinks problems can be solved with power, he does not believe it's right to kill the devil (I suppose he want to go talk to them and beg them to stop attacking humans, as if that will work )

I suppose the author hate ikemen like Kouki so he made Kouki into an extreme example of what to avoid as a hero.
El Rue "See the proper & evil way to do it is to translate just enough drugs chapters to get enough people hooked & then stop giving out the free crack." (Exactly right. In fact, I'm still in withdrawal over Shinmai Maou, Magika no Kenshi and Fate Apocrypha)

Reading: Madan no Ou, Tate no Yuusha, Overlord, Shinmai Maou, Magika no Kenshi, Anti-Magic Academy, OniAi, Arifureta, Slave Harem, Knight and Magic, Fate Apocrypha, Rokka Yuusha, 1HP, Tsuyokute, Altina
ngng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 22:44   Link #5844
maniac88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkage View Post
These Two are polar opposites.
Hajime is dark but decent. He is more of a realist who understands that most people are scumbags out to use others.

Kouki is an idealist of the worst kind who believes everyone believes what he does, and if they dont he will have no worries in killing them as they are "evil". (Ahem.....religious zealots anyone?).

Little bit of bias there, as i like the darker more realistic characters.

p.s. I made and account just so i could reply, lol
FYI,, You're not the first one...
Hopefully next chapter Kouki doesn't do anything stupid otherwise the bashing gonna become more intense..
maniac88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 22:53   Link #5845
ren31
King of the Night

Welp my head aches with all this bashing.. let's forget about Kouki for a day and continue it again if he do something stupid again..

Now then.. Do you think that either Liliana or the Elf princess or both of them will join Hajime's harem?
Old 2014-09-04, 22:56   Link #5846
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren31 View Post

Now then.. Do you think that either Liliana or the Elf princess or both of them will join Hajime's harem?
They're already hooked. The problem now is how would they get Hajime to actually notices them, considering that Shia and Tio are still rather low on the priority pole for Hajime.
Old 2014-09-04, 23:05   Link #5847
ngng
Ibekusa Makina daisuki!

So Kouki is no longer the big shot bossing people around. At least girls don't go "kyaa kyaa" over him anymore. His ikemen power is falling because he did not have the physical power nor the mental fortitude to back up his words with actions and protect his comrades.
El Rue "See the proper & evil way to do it is to translate just enough drugs chapters to get enough people hooked & then stop giving out the free crack." (Exactly right. In fact, I'm still in withdrawal over Shinmai Maou, Magika no Kenshi and Fate Apocrypha)

Reading: Madan no Ou, Tate no Yuusha, Overlord, Shinmai Maou, Magika no Kenshi, Anti-Magic Academy, OniAi, Arifureta, Slave Harem, Knight and Magic, Fate Apocrypha, Rokka Yuusha, 1HP, Tsuyokute, Altina
Old 2014-09-04, 23:06   Link #5848
ren31
King of the Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
They're already hooked. The problem now is how would they get Hajime to actually notices them, considering that Shia and Tio are still rather low on the priority pole for Hajime.
even Liliana? I thought only the Elf princess had develop a crush on Hajime
Old 2014-09-04, 23:09   Link #5849
ngng
Ibekusa Makina daisuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ren31 View Post
even Liliana? I thought only the Elf princess had a crush on Hajime
I'm not sure about Liliana, I know initially she liked Kouki like all other blinded women did who only care about looks and titles. Not sure what happens to her feeling after Hajime saved her Kingdom. Might need someone translate/quote the part where Liliana talks to Hajime afterward.

Old 2014-09-04, 23:09   Link #5850
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
The Shia situation is rather unfortunate, doesn't Hajime know that bunnies can die of loneliness?

The edge of sadomasochism is paper thin
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 23:17   Link #5851
techblade

Anyone who sides with Kouki or doesn't think he is evil incarnate is an enemy!! Mob mentality I tell ya!!
techblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 23:20   Link #5852
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by techblade View Post
Anyone who sides with Kouki or doesn't think he is evil incarnate is an enemy!! Mob mentality I tell ya!!
It's already dead. Wait till after Kouki's appearance would you?

Anywho, I hope for some more Miu fluffiness. That girl brings a smile to my face whenever she appears.
Old 2014-09-04, 23:22   Link #5853
techblade

Been refreshing the page over and over hoping for a new translated chapter to be released. The PAIN!!
Old 2014-09-04, 23:23   Link #5854
ngng
Ibekusa Makina daisuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
The Shia situation is rather unfortunate, doesn't Hajime know that bunnies can die of loneliness?
Too bad for Shia. As for me, I am the harem master. if I am Hajime I will collect girls like items, I will defeat the Gods and become God myself. Then I will demand a tax from the people: each year they will give me the prettiest girls of each race. I will build my harem and live happily forever after (of course I still like Yue best, I don't want my crotch to be smashed ).

Old 2014-09-04, 23:24   Link #5855
casgoldsmith

Harem God
Old 2014-09-04, 23:27   Link #5856
techblade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngng View Post
Too bad for Shia. As for me, I am the harem master. if I am Hajime I will collect girls like items, I will defeat the Gods and become God myself. Then I will demand a tax from the people: each year they will give me the prettiest girls of each race. I will build my harem and live happily forever after (of course I still like Yue best, I don't want my crotch to be smashed ).
Having the needs of men... and a soul black as hell.
Old 2014-09-04, 23:33   Link #5857
ngng
Ibekusa Makina daisuki!

Trying to stir the topic away from the tense atmosphere with a lighthearted one. Harem is actually nothing new. Harem is as old as when humans appear. Chinese Emperors had a harem centuries ago. Arabic Kings still got a harem even now. Rather the civilized world changed it so we can't have a harem. I think the people who made that law actually worry that the men will die early for having a harem so they specifically forbid us men from having a harem.

Old 2014-09-04, 23:35   Link #5858
Riz
Djokjakarta~~~

some people need this, really...

“Excuse me, two of this [squeezed raw milk soft cream] please!”

Kazuki spontaneously read the menu frankly without even questioning it.

“Otouto-kun…that item’s name, make me feel so complicated somehow…”

Kaguya-senpai was dealt the final blow from a strange place and received even more shock.

[Sauce]
Riz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-04, 23:37   Link #5859
havensgate
skull one

lately endo usually release on sunday, and new raw also on sunday. so stay tune
havensgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-05, 00:34   Link #5860
maniac88

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngng View Post
I'm not sure about Liliana, I know initially she liked Kouki like all other blinded women did who only care about looks and titles. Not sure what happens to her feeling after Hajime saved her Kingdom. Might need someone translate/quote the part where Liliana talks to Hajime afterward.
Well, at least Lili start to rely on Hajime more,,
Like consulting to Hajime about the aftermath of the demon invasion..
Also want to tag along to the empire..

And she also does have a nice start (being forgotten by Hajime that she is a princess, not to mention being ignored when Hajime do his harem antics with Yue and Kaori)..
maniac88 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel