AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-03-09, 13:06   Link #5861
JDFUdude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat066 View Post
Funny, Oregairu is almost entirely translated, how many LN's have pulled that?
IIRC: Sword Art Online, OreImo, HighSchool DxD, Haganai, and the ones HereticMagus mentioned.
JDFUdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-09, 13:12   Link #5862
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat066 View Post
Funny, Oregairu is almost entirely translated, how many LN's have pulled that?
To aru majutsu no Index, OT (before it got taken down) and NT have both always been fully translated thanks to Js06.exe.
Old 2015-03-09, 15:02   Link #5863
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFUdude View Post
This. THIS right here is one of the crucial points that tends to be overlooked. Sometimes, after reading a chapter, I take for a fact Hikki's behavior, but forget that he's not a lonely, cynical, weird, yet nice and intelligent guy just because he is. He was sometimes alienated, made fun of, ridiculed and so on. Those were the kind of things that made him build a shield around him, in order to not get hurt again, but deep down he's still that nice kind of awkward guy.

I don't know if it has the same meaning in Japanese, but regarding Yukino, Yui, heck, even Totsuka... He wants to "know", as shown in his curiosity about Yukino's past. What level of involvement this desire to know carries, that I can't say for sure

EDIT: PROLOGUE AND CHAPTER 1 OF VOL 5 IS UP ON KYAKKA... Also, Nanodesu already has chapters 1 to 3 (+prologue) of vol 4.
It certainly is nice to know we've come full circle in volume 10 after reading volume 5. Bravo, Watari, he laid the foundations quite early in the series to get where we're at now in volume 10. Whereas in volume 5, Hachiman's resolved to never get involved with anyone, in volume 10, he's pretty much heading in the complete opposite direction, constantly wondering whether if he's allowed to or should take that extra step to know more about Yukino.

Character development, I'll take 50.
Old 2015-03-09, 22:10   Link #5864
extremexecutor

Please share me saika route~ summeraries please~~
extremexecutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 05:03   Link #5865
HereticMagus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
It certainly is nice to know we've come full circle in volume 10 after reading volume 5. Bravo, Watari, he laid the foundations quite early in the series to get where we're at now in volume 10. Whereas in volume 5, Hachiman's resolved to never get involved with anyone, in volume 10, he's pretty much heading in the complete opposite direction, constantly wondering whether if he's allowed to or should take that extra step to know more about Yukino.

Character development, I'll take 50.
As glad as I am for this, I think Oregairu is under appreciated with the western audience (winning all categories of that LN award should mean its rather popular in Japan) speaking from my experience in Hummingbird and mal. I remember having been mouthed off by someone on how liking Oregairu was because I hadn't watched many anime and how Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou and Haganai were basically better versions of Oregairu without being about edgy, depressed loners who don't develop because that is where the consumer interest lies and glorification of that kind of lifestyle. I went ahead and watched both, of course, and suffice to say, I was thoroughly disappointed.
HereticMagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 12:33   Link #5866
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticMagus View Post
As glad as I am for this, I think Oregairu is under appreciated with the western audience (winning all categories of that LN award should mean its rather popular in Japan) speaking from my experience in Hummingbird and mal. I remember having been mouthed off by someone on how liking Oregairu was because I hadn't watched many anime and how Bokura wa Minna Kawaisou and Haganai were basically better versions of Oregairu without being about edgy, depressed loners who don't develop because that is where the consumer interest lies and glorification of that kind of lifestyle. I went ahead and watched both, of course, and suffice to say, I was thoroughly disappointed.

It's... kinda the other way around. I like Haganai for its comedy and Kawaisou for it's atmosphere of the warm dorm silliness (I never lived in dorms, but still) but character development-wise, they're pretty much static.
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-10, 14:50   Link #5867
csuree
The Most Hated™

I am sooo angry......\
started reading the first volumes some time ago, but now as I saw the updates and that is finnaly close to being complete, I am re-reading the whole series.
I'm angry because the anime basically butchered the whole thing. So many defining moments were left out. so many scenes modified.
Honestly now i see the first anime season as a failure.
Let us hope the second season will not do the same mistake.
Old 2015-03-10, 22:03   Link #5868
JDFUdude

Quote:
Incidentally, I posted that before reading ch1 of vol 5, talk about coincidences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereticMagus View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeChineseGuy View Post
It's... kinda the other way around. I like Haganai for its comedy and Kawaisou for it's atmosphere of the warm dorm silliness (I never lived in dorms, but still) but character development-wise, they're pretty much static.
There is no way either Haganai or Kawaisou are better at characater development than Oregairu. I agree with SomeChineseGuy though, for me Haganai is good for its comedy, but that's about it, meanwhile Kawaisou has this feeling of comfiness as a whole that can win over Megu Megu Megurin's. Still, not near enough to Oregairu in therms of characters, IMO.
Old 2015-03-11, 07:10   Link #5869
SomeChineseGuy
Lazy Blanket Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by csuree View Post
I am sooo angry......\
started reading the first volumes some time ago, but now as I saw the updates and that is finnaly close to being complete, I am re-reading the whole series.
I'm angry because the anime basically butchered the whole thing. So many defining moments were left out. so many scenes modified.
By the way, I've skimmed through the Monologue raws (on Senmanga). Turns out the general content, scenes composition and several details (Yukino's pareo, Yui's cellphone etc) are exactly the same. And the manga started half a year before the anime. I don't want to jump to conclusions, but I can't help but think that Brains Base adapted not the LN but Monologue manga(while stripping down even more details).
SomeChineseGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 07:46   Link #5870
Tormenk

Quote:
I am sooo angry......\
I thought they did well in modifying the scenes that were changed. The remaining content were regrettable given the scope they had to cover in 6.. well 5 volumes. While they could have covered something like 4 volumes in better detail, it wasn't a ideal ending point either. I remember the first few episodes of the anime were different enough to draw me in but the clincher was the events of the Cultural Festival in volume 6, which wouldn't have happened if adaptation had gone with lesser volumes to work with.

Fingers crossed the second season will only cover vol 7-9 given they don't have to work with the restraint of promoting it to non-fans by this point. If they do cover more, please don't pull a log horizon s2 or even more content will be cut out.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 08:37   Link #5871
Triok123

weellll...so a sample of yukino's picture appeared......
Spoiler:
Triok123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 09:51   Link #5872
Excorsism

Way to steal my thunder. Also, Yukino's super stylish. Didn't think I'd see the day where she'd be wearing hot pants or shorts.

Also, Monologue alternative cover with Yukino.

Spoiler for Monologue Volume 6:

Yes... Yes!
Spoiler for Megane Yukino:

Last edited by Excorsism; 2015-03-11 at 23:28.
Excorsism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-11, 23:45   Link #5873
JDFUdude

Quote:
Yes... Yes!
Spoiler for Megane Yukino:
Feels so good being a Yukino fan.
Old 2015-03-12, 01:18   Link #5874
pampz21
ShipCore

Sasuga Ice-cold beauty; nisu legs.

Been having trouble who I wanna choose; Yukino or Irohasu.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 05:33   Link #5875
Rioter

Yukino or Kawasomething Saki in my case. Though Irohasu is certainly funny 3rd option.
Rioter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-03-12, 11:23   Link #5876
csuree
The Most Hated™

nah.. probably they are extinct already, but I am with the Yui shippers. I started shipping her with 8man, and I'm not gonna change mid-way. Maybe I'm alone on this but every storm needs a solid structure that stands the test of the elements.

Saki, Shizuka and Irohasu is also top contenders on my list.
Old 2015-03-12, 11:41   Link #5877
Excorsism

Oregairu takes 1st place in the Sugoi Japan 2015 contest. Still surprised this series hasn't been picked up by any company in the states yet, not that I mind.

http://sugoi-japan.jp/result.html
Old 2015-03-12, 16:17   Link #5878
csuree
The Most Hated™

now you jinxed it,

Spoiler for jinx:
Old 2015-03-12, 18:52   Link #5879
Excorsism

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDFUdude View Post
Feels so good being a Yukino fan.
It's nice to see her use Hachiman's glasses. Now where are those scrunchies at?

Quote:
now you jinxed it,

Spoiler for jinx:
No, not my fan fiction!
Old 2015-03-12, 23:00   Link #5880
JDFUdude

Quote:
It's nice to see her use Hachiman's glasses. Now where are those scrunchies at?

No, not my fan fiction!
I know it may be too much to ask, but here I'm hoping for apron Yukino making cookies for Hikki everyone.

Tags
club, comedy, delayed release date, dramedy, fake harem, gagaga bunko, harem, hinedere, kuuderes, philosophy, romance, school life, slice of life, social psychology, train wreck