Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-08-25, 19:49   Link #5881
Sports72Xtrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by masterwok View Post
i thought Lelouch can only use the geass once on each person
Well the discussion was that if C.C. can cancel the whole kill all Japanese geass off of her then the only merciful thing to do was to kill her since she couldn't live with herself. But I just thought that once a geass has been canceled you can cast another one.
Sports72Xtrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 19:49   Link #5882
Arkard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hasaki View Post
Pretty sure that was just slid in for the comedy of it.
Normally yes, I would agree. However, the whole tone of the episode is hardly comical, nor is the series as a whole atm. People are dying left and right, we have a coup starting, and the end of the world is nigh.
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 19:51   Link #5883
Hasaki
Lelouch x CC

Send a message via AIM to Hasaki Send a message via MSN to Hasaki
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkard View Post
Normally yes, I would agree. However, the whole tone of the episode is hardly comical, nor is the series as a whole atm. People are dying left and right, we have a coup starting, and the end of the world is nigh.
Yeah, but "Cheese-kun" itself is nothing but a comedy prop, so thats why I would just rule it out as a chuckle in an otherwise action packed WTF episode.
Hasaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 20:38   Link #5884
sparkle_14310
Black King x Red Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Yeah, because his evidence wasn't one-sided. Kallen knows the truth the others do not.
So true and I agree that if they built Kallen up just to have C.C be the only one who helps Lelouch well then they would have wasted all the time spent on her.
sparkle_14310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 20:42   Link #5885
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkle_14310 View Post
So true and I agree that if they built Kallen up just to have C.C be the only one who helps Lelouch well then they would have wasted all the time spent on her.
I've been talking about that for a while and posted at length in and other thread. What was Kallen about if it comes to nothing. Her entire journey has been about learning about Lelouch. Why build her up to have it fall to absolutely nothing?
Not an episode went by after her capture that they didn't show Kallen becoming closer to him or just learning a little more about him. What would this all be for?
Old 2008-08-25, 20:45   Link #5886
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxxFireArt View Post
I've been talking about that for a while and posted at length in and other thread. What was Kallen about if it comes to nothing. Her entire journey has been about learning about Lelouch. Why build her up to have it fall to absolutely nothing?
Not an episode went by after her capture that they didn't show Kallen becoming closer to him or just learning a little more about him. What would this all be for?

I guessing her backstory wasn't as interesting, I mean episode 9 season one was pretty boring overall and they could of implemented introducing her father into the mix but apparently they found other means, for now its Lelouch or bust !
Fruit Punch Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 20:48   Link #5887
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruit Punch Samurai View Post

I guessing her backstory wasn't as interesting, I mean episode 9 season one was pretty boring overall and they could of implemented introducing her father into the mix but apparently they found other means, for now its Lelouch or bust !
Nice way of putting it. If nothing comes of all of this her entire season's development would be BUST.
Old 2008-08-25, 22:48   Link #5888
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Quote:
Nice way of putting it. If nothing comes of all of this her entire season's development would be BUST.
If the writers don't implement Kallen back into the story by 21 hopefully but AT LEAST 22, then it's pointless what they've been doing so far. And now they decided to bring back C.C. Hopefully they won't just drop Kallens charater.
Old 2008-08-25, 22:51   Link #5889
Stretch5920

Let them get rid of the Geass part of the storyline and get down to what really matters. The rebellion, Schneizel, war,etc. Kallen will be involved in this so you'll just have to wait it out.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 22:51   Link #5890
Micante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freya View Post
If the writers don't implement Kallen back into the story by 21 hopefully but AT LEAST 22, then it's pointless what they've been doing so far. And now they decided to bring back C.C. Hopefully they won't just drop Kallens charater.
We don't have time to develope characters like Kallen and C.C. We have important Knight of Rounds that came out of nowhere to introduce. >.>

Yeah... I'm really not sure what the staff is trying to pull with the Knight of Four stuff...
Micante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 22:54   Link #5891
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Just one more fodder character to get killed. Kallen will be there with everyone else when Lelouch escapes from the Sword as the new Emperor. She'll get her chance, maybe even better if this sudden memory return spells doom for C.C.
Old 2008-08-25, 22:56   Link #5892
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stretch5920 View Post
Let them get rid of the Geass part of the storyline and get down to what really matters. The rebellion, Schneizel, war,etc. Kallen will be involved in this so you'll just have to wait it out.
Yeah. I don't see how Geass power could end the series out. This looks more like it will be the ultimate chess battle between the two greatest rival of the game. Lelouch and Schneizel.
Kallen will most likely be Lelouch's Queen
Suzaku will most likely be Schneizel's Queen
(By Queen I mean on the chess board. Not romance.)
Old 2008-08-25, 22:57   Link #5893
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Though appropriate in chess terms, that just sounds so wrong.
Old 2008-08-25, 22:58   Link #5894
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Though appropriate in chess terms, that just sounds so wrong.
I know I just edited my post because I realized how that came across.
Old 2008-08-25, 22:58   Link #5895
Micante

Quote:
Yeah. I don't see how Geass power could end the series out. This looks more like it will be the ultimate chess battle between the two greatest rival of the game. Lelouch and Schneizel.
I've always thought that Lelouch and Suzaku were the greatest rivals in the story, although Suzaku isn't good at chess, so Schneizel will have to be his representative.
Old 2008-08-25, 23:07   Link #5896
FoxxFireArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Micante View Post
I've always thought that Lelouch and Suzaku were the greatest rivals in the story, although Suzaku isn't good at chess, so Schneizel will have to be his representative.
Yeah, but he's a good fighter. Suzaku isn't fit to be the King. the Queen is the best fighter on the board. Suzaku in the Albion is the only force that could match or beat the Guren.
Old 2008-08-25, 23:10   Link #5897
Micante

Quote:
Yeah, but he's a good fighter. Suzaku isn't fit to be the King. the Queen is the best fighter on the board. Suzaku in the Albion is the only force that could match or beat the Guren.
Here's probably what will happen. This will be a real battle, but with chess terms.

Lelouch: This is checkmate, Schneizel!
*Suzaku performs illegal move*
Suzaku: No, this is checkmate for you!

The chess game ends and the two rivals face off against each other in an epic showdown (don't ask me how they'll battle, I don't know either).
Old 2008-08-25, 23:18   Link #5898
Verist
KDF Kallen Defense Force

Quote:
I can't imagine them (writers) letting Kallen win vs. Suzaku in a even fight, that is with similar equipment. If it goes down to the final battle between Suzaku and Kallen, she either dies for Lelouch or Suzaku spares her for Lelouch's sake after coming to his senses. As much as I think Kallen is as good as Suzaku, I just don't think the writers do. No way will she just beat him in the end without help.. it goes against everything.
Old 2008-08-25, 23:21   Link #5899
Fruit Punch Samurai
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
I can't imagine them (writers) letting Kallen win vs. Suzaku in a even fight, that is with similar equipment. If it goes down to the final battle between Suzaku and Kallen, she either dies for Lelouch or Suzaku spares her for Lelouch's sake after coming to his senses. As much as I think Kallen is as good as Suzaku, I just don't think the writers do. No way will she just beat him in the end without help.. it goes against everything.
Which is better for them to work together, but there's a slim chance that's happening, god I wish there was some clearity on the matter since it'll be pretty kickass but a fight to the death also works too
Fruit Punch Samurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-25, 23:23   Link #5900
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verist View Post
They might have her win just to have Suzaku finally hit rock bottom and realize he needs to change his ways completely, rather than sticking to his path and just ditching his reservations about the wrong methods.