AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Old 2012-03-31, 13:37   Link #5921
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
It's not really the whole Bureau though, just Section Six. I mean I doubt any of the people higher than them expressly said 'nah, don't kill them whatever you do, just capture them'. That would be incredibly stupid.
Yup, this seems to be just Hayate & Co. being stubborn as always. The only difference is that they were able to get away with that cause they used to be top tier. Now they're at the bottom of the food chain and can't take such luxuries.

EDIT: Page claimed for Signum being kicked out of the top 5 Nanohaverse's Swordfighters.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Akiyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 13:54   Link #5922
Justin_Brett

It's kinda weird actually - Hayate can get called in for a hearing based on a vague statement from a criminal, but nobody really feels like pulling rank on her?
Justin_Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 13:59   Link #5923
Craxuan
Crax
*Author

Hayate did have the determination to drop a freaking iceberg onto the Huckebein though. If the leader (Again I forgot her name LOL) did not stab her from the back I personally think that she would do it.

And the gods, Blaster System 3 right from the beginning. That's my girl! <3
Old 2012-03-31, 14:02   Link #5924
Kojaku_Izayoi
Rookie Time Master

Send a message via Yahoo to Kojaku_Izayoi
If something like this happened, if capturing is no longer effective, there's nothing to do but capital punishment in place...

[QUOTE=Craxuan;4084314If the leader (Again I forgot her name LOL) did not stab her from the back I personally think that she would do it.[/QUOTE]

Curren
Kojaku_Izayoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 14:20   Link #5925
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojaku_Izayoi View Post
If something like this happened, if capturing is no longer effective, there's nothing to do but capital punishment in place...
That opcion became unavailable the moment Cypha made an heroic dynamic entry to fight the Grendel. Tohma and the Hucks are the main characters of the show.

Tsuzuki won't kill them until two seasons latter when his love for them decays and some cheating villain curbstomps Cypha by nullyfing her powers xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-03-31, 14:44   Link #5926
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craxuan View Post
Hayate did have the determination to drop a freaking iceberg onto the Huckebein though. If the leader (Again I forgot her name LOL) did not stab her from the back I personally think that she would do it.
Didn`t Curren called that a bluff ?
Saying that if Hayate had been serious with the iceberg, she would have killed her ?
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 15:02   Link #5927
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin_Brett View Post
It's kinda weird actually - Hayate can get called in for a hearing based on a vague statement from a criminal, but nobody really feels like pulling rank on her?
The aces are in good favor with the three admirals. Might be people are scared of that.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 15:07   Link #5928
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
The aces are in good favor with the three admirals. Might be people are scared of that.
At least somebody should call Section Six on their unprofessionalism. Teana apparently will change things a little for the better but that not change they're letting the Huckebein getting the upper hand over the TSAB as far as things go. I started to see Regius's fears coming true xDU

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-03-31, 15:13   Link #5929
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Given that the Hucks being on top of the TSAB seems to be modus operandi (anti magic 'n all) them getting on top of the aces would just be more of the same. Heck, that they actually acquired an infected, a reactor plug and the cooperation of both would be a major goddamn victory.
Old 2012-03-31, 15:22   Link #5930
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Given that the Hucks being on top of the TSAB seems to be modus operandi (anti magic 'n all) them getting on top of the aces would just be more of the same. Heck, that they actually acquired an infected, a reactor plug and the cooperation of both would be a major goddamn victory.
A small unexpected victory since the goal of the mission was capturing the Huckebein, not rescuing some unkown kid. It's like having a man entrusted with the task of planting a lemon-tree coming back saying he planted a watermelon garden instead, the watermelons are welcomed but aren't the original goal.

That reinforces Regius's views of Hayate as a little brat spoiled by High-Rank officers.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-03-31, 15:30   Link #5931
Justin_Brett

Quote:
I guess Regius was the only guy with any balls about that, then. Poor guy, he was in the wrong season.
Old 2012-03-31, 16:24   Link #5932
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
A small unexpected victory since the goal of the mission was capturing the Huckebein, not rescuing some unkown kid. It's like having a man entrusted with the task of planting a lemon-tree coming back saying he planted a watermelon garden instead, the watermelons are welcomed but aren't the original goal.

That reinforces Regius's views of Hayate as a little brat spoiled by High-Rank officers.
So.... having a cooperative infected along with an equally cooperative reactor plug is... worse than a bunch of uncooperative criminals? Considering the amount of data on the eclipse virus the bureau is getting from these two (data that would have been infinitely harder to acquire from uncooperative people) that is an enormous victory.

Remember that they're not just fighting a bunch of bad guys here. They're also fighting a disease. In fact, their main enemy is the disease, since without the disease, the Hucks and any other infected would lose their power, and prevent other recently infected from losing their sense of right and wrong and turning out like the Hucks.

The Hucks are only a small picture here, really. Losing a chance at capturing them is inconvenient and dangerous, sure. But given what they gained? More than worth it in the long run.
Old 2012-03-31, 19:41   Link #5933
Justin_Brett

Don't they have a vaccine for it now? One they made without any stated specimen of the disease, at that. Having one in Touma probably fills in whatever blanks there were before.
Old 2012-03-31, 19:49   Link #5934
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
The Hucks are only a small picture here, really. Losing a chance at capturing them is inconvenient and dangerous, sure. But given what they gained? More than worth it in the long run.
I remeber Batman saying something similar about certain clown-themed criminal in comparission to the mafia, turned out he wasn't so small after all. Batman and the entire Gotham City paid a high price for that silly mistake.

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-03-31, 20:04   Link #5935
Kojaku_Izayoi
Rookie Time Master

Do you mean Joker in the Dark Knight movie?
Old 2012-03-31, 20:06   Link #5936
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kojaku_Izayoi View Post
Do you mean Joker in the Dark Knight movie?
Do you know about another clown-themed villain in Batman that managed to screw an entire city all by himself xD?

Don't understimate Curren Huckebein she's like a force of nature. Fast, strong, skilled, cunning ....she's the current invincible fighter of the Nanohaverse xD!

~The ASFB~
Old 2012-03-31, 20:30   Link #5937
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
I remeber Batman saying something similar about certain clown-themed criminal in comparission to the mafia, turned out he wasn't so small after all. Batman and the entire Gotham City paid a high price for that silly mistake.
Batman was fighting other humans. RF6 is fighting a disease. Big difference.
Old 2012-03-31, 20:42   Link #5938
Kojaku_Izayoi
Rookie Time Master

I think Riddler is suitable for Curren. If Hayate delights with Signum's breasts, than she delights to fondling with people's feelings, and her personality somewhat really ostentatious. More ostentatious than previous Nanoha villains.

Also, I think she's with the other Huck also a malignant narcissist with big ego.

NOTE: Well, forgive me if I posting something that out-of-topic, but well. This is the truth
Old 2012-03-31, 22:24   Link #5939
WarpObscura
Bibliophile

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00-Raiser View Post
Also remember that Cypha has lost it: she knows she can kill. The Bureau mages still stubbornly refuse to use lethal force which is obviously stupid since infectees can regenerate any damage. Cypha (and as we saw earlier, Veyron) don't hesitate to go in for the kill. Infectees can't regrow their heads.

Fighting to capture is a lot harder than fighting to kill.

Yo dawg, I heard you like QB...

Thanks MAEt for the av!
WarpObscura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-31, 23:46   Link #5940
Justin_Brett

I kind of wonder why they made villains like this to fight Section Six and then not use them to challenge their views on dealing with enemies at all. That'd be kinda neat to see, but it's only part of the story in a meta sense, not an actual plot point.

Of course, I also wonder what the reasoning behind them getting made in the first place is, but that's probably a fruitless line of inquiry unless someone translates a future interview or something.

Last edited by Justin_Brett; 2012-04-01 at 00:08.

Tags
manga, nanoha force