AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2016-01-09, 06:52   Link #41
revive4563

I decided to watch this because I like this kind of nostalgic dream.
If this is real, super rural Dagashi (cheap cakes? junk foods? I can't translate) shop for kids like that goes bankrupt instantly.
Since recently the chain convenience stores are everywhere on the earth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Yay, a comedy show.
8/10 times it ends up with a really bad ending, or a non ending thing.
Yeah, I think that nobody want to watch a collapse of love triangle, after all.
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-09, 07:41   Link #42
Top Sergeant

OK that first ep wasn't bad.

This anime reminds me of Shimoneta in art style, presentation and type of chracters characters.
Old 2016-01-09, 07:54   Link #43
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Quote:
Since recently the chain convenience stores are everywhere on the earth.
It's also because of the aging population in Japan. There are too few kids teach about the neighborhood dagashi-ya.

Anyway, I was about to rate this a 7 when I realize that a snack similar to the Umaibo exists here in the Philippines in sari-sari stores (home-based general stores). I don't exactly remember if the snacks have a diverse variety of flavors, but I do know that there are multiple companies that produce those snacks and they're very similar, although they come as shorter sticks in packs of two and is often cheese-flavored (they call it "cheesedog" because of the shape). I have yet to check if my neighbor has them. I probably would end up getting a quick munch if they do.

There's also Kopiko for those who wants their coffee candy fix here.

Seeing that Dagashi Kashi has just ignited memories of spending pocket money on cheap snacks is more than enough to make this a dedicated watch starting today. Let's see how hard nostalgia is gonna hit me soon.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-09, 10:07   Link #44
Botan_TM

Some random notes.

I guess I like this kind of humour.
I like art style and character design
Extra point for siblings normal relations, I was bored of "onee-chan".
Another extra point for craing about details. I noticed shop also sell plastic models, and those had a real trademarks like Japanese Tamiya or British Airfix. Some sort of advertising maybe?
Old 2016-01-09, 10:43   Link #45
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Botan_TM View Post
I noticed shop also sell plastic models, and those had a real trademarks like Japanese Tamiya or British Airfix. Some sort of advertising maybe?
I'd like the "Golira" (actually "Gorilla") bike kit myself, actually.

Spoiler for Image:

I used to ride one of those when I was a lot younger.
Old 2016-01-09, 11:07   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This wasn't particularly funny but the main girl is my kind of crazy (mostly harmless and fun) so I'll stick with it for now.
Old 2016-01-09, 11:42   Link #47
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 1

Well that was pretty pleasant low-calorie dealie. Wasn't expecting Coconuts' dad to be voiced by Keji Fujiwara which makes him 10 times more awesome now.

Beside that the staff manged to transition story out of manga's 4-koma structure quite well. It didn't feel like watching 4 different episodes in one episode, instead every flowed naturally for the most part.

That said, just like with manga, Hotaru is pretty much the main draw here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroageha View Post
They're changing the order of some chapter for the sake of introducing characters without affecting the "storyline".
The manga is pretty episodic so there isn't much of a plot to alter. So the studio has good deal of freedom in what they want to focus on.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-09, 16:42   Link #48
Sacredus

CR got it... for Middle East excluding Turkey, and North Africa
Sacredus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-09, 17:05   Link #49
James Rye

I liked this episode, a series about japanese sweets, why not? xD
Hotaru is gorgeous, those eyes, that lively rose-headband and dem hip swings, dayum! <3
And Saya-chan is so adorable with her blushes around Coconut-kun. <3 <3 <3
Old 2016-01-09, 18:28   Link #50
Wandering Soul

It was an okay episode. Some jokes worked and some didn't. I do like Saya so far, so I'll stick around.
Old 2016-01-09, 19:18   Link #51
Draco Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Well that was pretty pleasant low-calorie dealie. Wasn't expecting Coconuts' dad to be voiced by Keji Fujiwara which makes him 10 times more awesome now.

Beside that the staff manged to transition story out of manga's 4-koma structure quite well. It didn't feel like watching 4 different episodes in one episode, instead every flowed naturally for the most part.

That said, just like with manga, Hotaru is pretty much the main draw here.

The manga is pretty episodic so there isn't much of a plot to alter. So the studio has good deal of freedom in what they want to focus on.
I thought it reminded me of My Two Faced Little Sister in format... now I know why!

I found the first episode a little hard to get completely into in honesty, but I also found last year Chibi Hamster girl first episode a bit tricky to get into as well... and I loved that.

3 episode rule for me.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-09, 21:10   Link #52
ghost013

Kind of on the edge for this one. I enjoy the manga although I don't quite get the jokes because I'm not familiar with Japanese candies and I have the same problem with this episode. That's not the anime or manga's fault. What I did enjoy from manga is Hotaru and I think this episode, especially the voice actress, did a good job of capturing her crazy personality. I've always been fond of her design and seeing and hearing her in animation makes her even more awesome. The biggest problem I have is the pacing, which is sort of expected since Dagashi has an episodic format, but the transitions between the stories is a bit jarring. I'll probably try the next couple episodes at least.

Also a shout out to Saya, didn't really think much of her in manga, but her voice actress makes her quite adorable.
Old 2016-01-09, 21:24   Link #53
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

Really liked the first episode. Fun as fuck, and the girlz are fuckin cuuuuute.

Bless all the voice actors, especially Manami Numakura. :3
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-09, 23:00   Link #54
revive4563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
It's also because of the aging population in Japan. There are too few kids teach about the neighborhood dagashi-ya.
It's true in a sense. But in Tokyo and local big city of Japan, there are so many dagashiya near the elementary school.
Otherwise most of dagashi product makers are not able to stand.
Well, basically super rural location like this is so severe for any shops unless that was a tourist resort or something.
Furthermore, enemies are so many recently. Like local giga mole, internet shops and especially the chain convenience stores.
Because you can buy some famous dagashi like Umai-bo at convenience stores.

That's why I like this kind of nostalgia as the fantasy.( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 03:17   Link #55
EroKing

Old 2016-01-10, 05:26   Link #56
Ultima_Rasengan05
Version 3.0

Pretty good first episode! Really enjoyed some of the humor in this show. Also, the setting reminds me of Non Non Biyori. These country settings in anime have been getting to me lately. Such beautiful art. A little bit of Shokugeki flashed in this first episode. (Umaibo scene)

Hotaru is funny. Very obsessed with her knowledge of snacks and having the drive to make Kokonotsu take over as heir to the Shikada Dagashi shop! Loved her expression when Kokonotsu mentioned about grilling Umaibo snacks. hahaha! Will be an interesting ride from here on out, trying to convince him to drop becoming a mangaka and becoming the shop owner. Anyone kinda getting a Haruhi 2.0 vibe from Hotaru? Maybe its just me.

Saya was a very interesting character. Apparently, her and Kokonotsu have been close childhood friends ever since. Her coffee making skills could play into Kokonotsu's quest to becoming an awesome snack chef! Her brother is also funny as well.

Will be following this show for Winter 2016!
Ultima_Rasengan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 07:45   Link #57
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 1:
Good premiere though as it feels like I'm watching Non Non Biyori again. Of course, I'm worried that it won't be funny enough...

Come to think of it, is Kokonotsu want to become a mangaka just like the main protagonist from Bakuman?
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 14:39   Link #58
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

If there's something I want to complain about, it would have to be the eyes of the girls, everything else is perfect for a first episode though.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-01-10, 16:49   Link #59
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
If there's something I want to complain about, it would have to be the eyes of the girls, everything else is perfect for a first episode though.
I actually think their eyes are the most interesting thing about their designs. Without them, they'll just look like generic anime girls you often see in dating-sim/galge/VN adaptations.
Old 2016-01-10, 18:17   Link #60
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Episode 1:
Come to think of it, is Kokonotsu want to become a mangaka just like the main protagonist from Bakuman?
the best part? they're both voiced by the same actors, not sure if intentional choice.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
candy, comedy, daily life, shounen