AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-05-28, 15:33   Link #41
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Well that's just dumb and annoying...still want to see the movie, but...the fuck.
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-28, 22:34   Link #42
Esclair

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
It was a scene that was cut that would've explained it, but it was stated in an interview:

Spoiler:
The scene isn't cut. It's the after credit scene from X-3. I guess people were't trained to stay after credits when X-3 came out
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 01:42   Link #43
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Honestly I say props to this movie. It did a good job cleaning up a lot of the mess that X-3 left behind.
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esclair View Post
The scene isn't cut. It's the after credit scene from X-3. I guess people were't trained to stay after credits when X-3 came out
Yeah, though to be fair it was after X-3....I must have been too stunned at the horribleness of that movie to immediately run out of the theater back then .
Old 2014-05-29, 09:22   Link #44
GDB

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they merely showed he was alive then, not explain how/why he was alive. The scene explaining the how/why was cut from this.

However, a lot of people do forget that scene, and I remember the freak out when he was at the end of The Wolverine. It was funny, since I was thinking "Wasn't it common knowledge that he was still alive?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
While people didn't like movie Cyclops...
Movie Cyclops, comic Cyclops, cartoon Cyclops... take your pick, I hate them all. They're all douches.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 10:04   Link #45
sunset
Twilight Impersonator

Cyclops is great.
Wolverine, OTOH, needs to die already, all he does is steal the spotlight from other characters.
Dotfp should be Kitty Pryde's story, not his.

This franchise might as well be called Wolverine and the X-Men, smh.
sunset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-29, 10:58   Link #46
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
To be clear, I knew about the transferring of his consciousness to another body. What I didn't know was that it was to a twin brother =\ which is such a crappy copout...
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 16:37   Link #47
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Watched the movie a couple of days ago. First impressions:

Spoiler for spoilers?:
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-30, 16:59   Link #48
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Spoiler for spoilers?:
It was even worse in the comics.

Spoiler:
Old 2014-05-31, 02:56   Link #49
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

The only good thing about this, is they pretty much just fixed the consistency between the first 3 movies and future one. At least now i won't be puzzled by "hey, isn't that guy supposed to be evil in X-Men 2"
Old 2014-05-31, 08:28   Link #50
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

sorry if this thing has been already brought up before, but din't Jean kill Professor Xavier in the X-men: last stand, and then he appeared alive at the end of The Wolverine, so how did he survive, because as far as i recall jean ripped him apart into tiny molecules and his survival has not been mentioned in this movie either so how did he do that ??
Old 2014-05-31, 11:33   Link #51
Jaden

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystogan View Post
...how did he do that ??
Was never explained in the movies. In the comics, I believe he dies in a similar fashion and does not come back to life.

Honestly, the haphazard time travel BS in this movie made me not want to watch it, but since there were no other attractive films running, I bit the bullet and went to see it anyway. It was decently entertaining.

Besides the time travel...I thought it was strange that the young Magneto was strong enough to levitate a stadium, but could not yet suck the iron out of a human body.
Old 2014-05-31, 11:59   Link #52
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
I thought it was strange that the young Magneto was strong enough to levitate a stadium, but could not yet suck the iron out of a human body.
Maybe sucking iron out from a body is a more complex & delicate process that needs higher concentration & experience compared to heavy-lifting with a stadium or Golden-gate bridge.
Old 2014-05-31, 12:01   Link #53
GDB

That or he just hadn't thought of it yet.
Old 2014-05-31, 14:04   Link #54
ImperialKnight

Quote:
sorry if this thing has been already brought up before, but din't Jean kill Professor Xavier in the X-men: last stand, and then he appeared alive at the end of The Wolverine, so how did he survive, because as far as i recall jean ripped him apart into tiny molecules and his survival has not been mentioned in this movie either so how did he do that ??
ImperialKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-31, 14:33   Link #55
mystogan
The Lost Lamb

^ was that a secret ending or what!?, hahaha

so i guess its not explained anywhere and as Jaden mentioned he was dead in the comics.

well overall the movie was quite enjoyable and mystique plays a major role in this one, so that's was a good change.
surprising that other than First class and Days of future past, in any other x-men movie there has never been any mention of the relation between Charles and Raven. looks like the creators decided to add it later on i guess...
Old 2014-05-31, 14:37   Link #56
GDB

Quote:
surprising that other than First class and Days of future past, in any other x-men movie there has never been any mention of the relation between Charles and Raven. looks like the creators decided to add it later on i guess...
Because it didn't exist until First Class. Anywhere.
Old 2014-05-31, 16:01   Link #57
Esclair

Quote:

Besides the time travel...I thought it was strange that the young Magneto was strong enough to levitate a stadium, but could not yet suck the iron out of a human body.
The individual iron particles are too small and diluted for him to focus on, that's why Mystique needed to increase the concentration. Think of his powers like a net. He can use the net to manipulate metal, but metal that's too small will slip through the holes in the net.
Esclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 05:32   Link #58
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
I thought it was strange that the young Magneto was strong enough to levitate a stadium, but could not yet suck the iron out of a human body.
I think the reason behind this is that the Iron inside of a human isn't that much.
Remember X-men2? Where Mystique implanted Iron on Magneto's guard which Magneto used to make his escape.

Eh, I don't really know Anatomy.

Anyway, this movie saved everything X-men 3 destroyed.

P.S.
I love Blink

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 07:20   Link #59
Jaden

Quote:
Remember X-men2? Where Mystique implanted Iron on Magneto's guard which Magneto used to make his escape.
Oh, ok. I forgot about that.

Apparently a human body only has like 20 grams of iron. You could only make a ball about the size of a fingertip with that. Whether you could pump about 10 times that amount into a person and still have them walking about is questionable, but I'll suspend my disbelief there.
Old 2014-06-01, 11:43   Link #60
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Oh, ok. I forgot about that.

Apparently a human body only has like 20 grams of iron. You could only make a ball about the size of a fingertip with that. Whether you could pump about 10 times that amount into a person and still have them walking about is questionable, but I'll suspend my disbelief there.
You can't. Guard should have been dead by the morning before he even came in.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote