3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 3.70%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-02-18, 12:25   Link #41
Sixth
Hu Tao

It was pretty troll move from Junya.

Everyone thought that he will steal the parts from Yuma, but it turned out he just want to make Sekai disqualified. Good thing that Meijin and his woman appear as if they were guided by Drama Sensor.

I hope the next episode will involves with a lot of kenpo battle.

Mirai is really badass nee san. I like that she is doing the fist talk with Sekai.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 12:29   Link #42
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I do hope they keep Junya's "lesson" out of this that his only real error was getting so angry and being obsessed with an ultimate technique. I presume they'll go the route of saying there is no ultimate move specifically, but rather just a state of mind and understanding others through their fists.

You have to give Junya props for his pure ability and talent. I'd say he's definitely leagues ahead of Sekai in terms of martial arts. Even if he's a few years older, he's already able to incorporate all these types of fighting. That's pretty impressive. If he can just pull his attitude back to seeking new strengths and just happily improving along the way that'll be good.

Kind of wonder if this is really just their master's fault for being a poor communicator . Somewhat ironic considering the whole "communication through the fist" business, but maybe that's just it.
Old 2015-02-18, 12:44   Link #43
Kurohane

Imagine all this as assimilation damage. . .
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2015-02-18, 13:40   Link #44
Skaddix

What is the point of having teams if it consistently devolves into 1 v 1s. I mean I liked the moves from Fumina and Yuuma but still.

Also I totally dont understand Junya's Motivation. He wants to get Sekai's technique to get stronger but how does getting Sekai kicked out do that for him?
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 14:26   Link #45
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaddix View Post
What is the point of having teams if it consistently devolves into 1 v 1s. I mean I liked the moves from Fumina and Yuuma but still.

Also I totally dont understand Junya's Motivation. He wants to get Sekai's technique to get stronger but how does getting Sekai kicked out do that for him?
The last fight had plenty of team participation. It's just that this case was a bit special because of the personal connections involved.

The simple reason is that he wasn't kicking him out to steal the move. He was pissed because he thinks Sekai was taught a move he wasn't and wanted to get him ejected as payback. But since he can't do that he'll just go with the alternative in stealing the technique for himself. Two different actions due to two different motivations.
Old 2015-02-18, 14:33   Link #46
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

From what I saw, Junya first want Sekai to be disqualified is for 'revenge' caused by his misunderstanding about the phoenix.
As we could saw, Junya hate their master because he didn't teach him the innermost mystery of Jigen Haoh; misunderstood, thinking the phoenix is the Jigen Haoh mystery their master didn't tell him about, his hatred extent to Sekai, the phoenix user.

But his plan failed, he met Sekai directly (not as planned for sure, considering he didn't even try to visit Sekai despite knowing each other) and explain his way of fighting, later Suga said Sekai had something Junya hadn't. Ultimately change Junya mindset into 'learning the phoenix' to prove his way of mastering every skills is the right way compare to oldschool martial arts mindset brought by Sekai.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 15:02   Link #47
Sokaku
Type 100

Loved that G-Gundam style episode ending.

Hopefully the master will show up in the next episode.
Sokaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 15:31   Link #48
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
that Psycho Gundam should have used its J-Quath......wait....
also i wish Bandai would officially released all the GNY Gundams, they keep spamming the damn Astrea, the Abulhool in its animated GERWALK glory!!! but short lasted,

Domon-san believes you are infected with DG Cells so you don't deserve the secret technique,
so who wants to sell the Denial Gundam gunpla with a straight face in full display window?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 16:47   Link #49
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Soon... We're approaching the critical hype mass that the scene from the OP started

P.S - were there a couple of new tracks this episode?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 18:19   Link #50
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

> Shia: SASUGA MUH RIVAL
Now that's just silly and forced.
Old 2015-02-18, 18:28   Link #51
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

If you dropped this show, why are you continuing to comment on it?
Old 2015-02-18, 18:29   Link #52
HandofFate

was the sister that handed yuu the burning gundam pieces someone important in the first series of Fighters?
Old 2015-02-18, 18:34   Link #53
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
If you dropped this show, why are you continuing to comment on it?
It was within the context of the episode natch. What, I'm not allowed to talk about the last episode I watch too?

But I admit, that would come out as annoying anyway, so I shall apologize.

While I did say I drop it, I would still follow the summaries from both side of the camp, and might decide to watch it if it's actually worth the hype.
Old 2015-02-18, 18:57   Link #54
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayate-sama View Post
Google it or read hajime no ippo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroihikari2 View Post
In Hajime no Ippo, it's the hero's (Ippo's), finishing move. It's an actual boxing move used by boxer Jack Dempsey in the 1910s-1920s.

EDIT: Gah, why doesn't the advanced editor have a button for video?

EDIT2: Actually Junya did the whole combo that Ippo did here (Liver Blow, Gazelle Punch, Dempsey Roll).
Ok thats pretty frickin awesome lol

That anime any good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
> Shia: SASUGA MUH RIVAL
Now that's just silly and forced.
Um not really, Shia recognized Fumina on her own terms based on what she saw of the Star Winning during the SD-R match

On Fumina's side of the equation however, you have Lady egging the rivalry on above the love rivalry, so for Fumina its more forced since you actually have someone there actively trying to make it happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
was the sister that handed yuu the burning gundam pieces someone important in the first series of Fighters?
She was one of the bigger supporting characters, I actually suggest you go backwards and watch S1 first before continuing on Try
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 19:03   Link #55
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Fumina's side of the rivalry isn't as forced as you think. She thought Shia was effectively poaching on the guy she liked. That's more than enough to begin a rivalry.
Old 2015-02-18, 19:05   Link #56
Skaddix

Honestly u can say its stronger WIlfried v Sekai, two strong guys wanna fight.

I say overall Yuuma has got the best rivalries built into the show. Which is the only thing Yuuma has going for him in this show.
Old 2015-02-18, 19:11   Link #57
Skye629

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Fumina's side of the rivalry isn't as forced as you think. She thought Shia was effectively poaching on the guy she liked. That's more than enough to begin a rivalry.
Maybe, but the forced part that Im pointing at is that Lady is actively prodding Fumina towards beating Shia in battle (whether she's aware of their love interests, I have no idea, though probably not)

Just because you have a love rivalry doesn't mean you have to go beat her in Gunpla Battle right? She could have just tried harder to win Sekai's affection instead (though given how dense he is.....)
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 19:16   Link #58
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Fumina is as much a rival to Shia as is Sekai to Wilfrid, she's the only one female fighter who has a chance at all to beat her.

The problem is lack of interaction as proper, hence the 'forced' part. I admit it's not quite as silly as it sound, when you look at the bigger picture.
Old 2015-02-18, 19:40   Link #59
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post
She could have just tried harder to win Sekai's affection instead (though given how dense he is.....)
I realize that Sekai is supposed to be dense, but it's not like Fumina made any advances at all. I think people are too quick to call the male side dense when the female side sometimes doesn't make it clear or is even being a "tsundere" about it. Thankfully, Fumina isn't of the latter type.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-02-18, 19:44   Link #60
Skaddix

I am not saying he is dense as it relates to Fumina, he is dense when it comes to the other girls chasing him around.