AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-07-11, 23:04   Link #41
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
Rock Lee and Sasuke:

Rock Lee: What everyones saying now, I've been saying since day one. When I first saw him open the gates and start taking out Gaara the first thing that went through my mind was "Oh my god he's so going to lose." Because d00d is basically so strong that he couldn't win, if he did, the show would be stupid. He's basically pre-crisis Superman when he opens the Gates. If he had no kind of penality for doing that shit, the show would be as retarded as hell. The only reason why he lost to Gaara was because Gaara was the villian at the time, but anyone else, they would of been wiped out, even without the Gates.

Sasuke: Time and time again, Sasuke has proven that he can beast on people from up close or from afar. Everyone in Naruto, imo is a one-sided type fighter, execpt Sasuke:

Lee, Neji, Chouji, Hinata, Gai, Kiba are all purely hand-to-hand.

Shikimaru, Shino, Kankarou, TenTen are primarily distance.

Ino, Sakura are random.

Naruto is a "whatever works" type fighter.

Sasuke has shown that he's skilled in both. And he's smart as hell too. Given Shikimaru is smarter, but Shikimaru needs to find a secret spot and think about what to do while as Sasuke can anaylsze shit while he's fighting and think up a pretty good, and decent strategy. Shikimaru has passive-preptime, while Sasuke has active-preptime. Plus Sasuke, and Shikimaru are the only two characters that don't rely on their special powers as much as everyone else does.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-11, 23:05   Link #42
Fool On The Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ke0
Nah just clan jutsu

So far we only know 4 Advanced Bloodlines

Haku (Water/Ice manipulation)
Hyuuga (Byakugan)
Uchiha (Sharingan)
Kaguya (Indestructible body/ability to manipulate every bone in their body) (Which according to Orochimaru is the most pwerful Advanced Bloodline)
What about the Chakra leech used by Kabuto's teammate? I forgot if he said it was a Bloodline though....I think it was.
Fool On The Hill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 00:48   Link #43
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterx
you're focusing too much on one skill. None of the jounins at the gaara/rock lee match didn't seem to have any trouble keeping up or even showed any concern. Gai slapped away gaaras sand like it was nothing. Tenten may turn out to be a good average normal jounin later on but you really can't compare her to the geniuses like neji/gaara/sasuke/naruto etc
do remember that gaara was only using his most basic jutsus during that fight, no sand clone, no sand shuriken, no shukaku badger form. gaara wasn't aiming to be noticed. and if gaara went into shukaku badger form against lee... *shudders* that would be a sad day for rock lee.
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 03:13   Link #44
Blitz59

Poor Lee, he would've ruled the whole chuunin exam if it wasn't for sands shitty invasion plans..bah.
Blitz59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 05:32   Link #45
UnCauzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoboGod
do remember that gaara was only using his most basic jutsus during that fight, no sand clone, no sand shuriken, no shukaku badger form. gaara wasn't aiming to be noticed. and if gaara went into shukaku badger form against lee... *shudders* that would be a sad day for rock lee.
If he had time to start the transmutation with the dome first sure. Remember the Shukaku form isn't instant it takes time to occur. Otherwise there would be no point to the whole dome "sheep cat rat ostriche, mommy I'll feed you" thing he did in the dome. Apparently that's needed to start the process.

But then again it looks like every ninja in naruto likes to wait and see what they're opponent is doing in example:

"Gamabunta, he's using a forced sleep jitsu, once he falls asleep Shukakus full power will be able to come forth."

If that's the case attack him now!
UnCauzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 07:49   Link #46
Ponko

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorosama
But the poison is all that hurt him. It's not some skill that took a lot of training to learn like rasesangan or chidori. Not something mastered like shinos bug usage or lee's taijutsu. Just a poison bomb. Anyone can throw those. If he were using his puppet without poison then shinos woulda kicked his ass and left to help sasuke.(wouldn't have been much help though).
The poison bomb wasn't a skill to master, but controlling the puppet and getting it to throw the bomb was skill. Especially with enough accuracy to hit Shino. The puppet itself takes extensive chakra control, more so than any of the current Genin's were capable of, if you take the word of Sakura (I know, not much of an expert, but the comment was made). It also requires the ability for Kankuro to take care of himself and his puppet, so he must have good concentration. And then later he uses Karasu and Kuroari together, which also must have required some heavy duty skill. Puppet no jutsu is not something Kankuro just was able to do one day, it also required practice, like Shino's bug usage or Lee's taijutsu. Saying the poison bomb is not a result of Kankuro's skill with the puppet is like saying Shino's bugs eating their opponent's chakra is not a result of Shino directing them where to go.

I'm not saying Shino has no skill, I simply think that Kankuro has skill as well, but compare to Shino he is severely overlooked because he does not look cool. I happen to like Kankuro better than Shino, which is probably why I feel the need to defend him, but I do not think I am being bias when I say that Kankuro has demonstrated as much skill with his attacks as any other Genin.

Besides, I like the way Kankuro talks, jyan. ^__^
Ponko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 09:40   Link #47
realdeal
The Real Deal

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamist
I'd probably be flamed for saying that I think Sakura is underrated, not that I don't think she sucks, but because everyone thinks ALL she ever does is yell "Sasuke-kun." Which really isn't true, and if it is, it's cuz she's the main girl of a shounen manga... it's expected.

People I think are overrated:

Hinata - everyone swears like she is so smart, and so strong based on her fight against Neji... but really, it was who she was fighting that caused her to try so hard. Because it was Neji, the Branch member of Hyuga, who was strong while she was weak, she was extremely motivated to give it her all. I don't think she'd try as hard if she were put up against anyone else.

Shikamaru - the guy is smart as a tactician... but everyone makes him out to be an omniscious, all-powerful genius who could probably take out Kakashi.. heck, even Hokage.
About sakura, ermmm you pointed out that everyone thinks all she ever does is yell "sasuke kun" and it isnt true. You however forgot to explain why it isnt true..
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 10:21   Link #48
HoboGod
Necromancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnCauzi
If he had time to start the transmutation with the dome first sure. Remember the Shukaku form isn't instant it takes time to occur. Otherwise there would be no point to the whole dome "sheep cat rat ostriche, mommy I'll feed you" thing he did in the dome. Apparently that's needed to start the process.

But then again it looks like every ninja in naruto likes to wait and see what they're opponent is doing in example:

"Gamabunta, he's using a forced sleep jitsu, once he falls asleep Shukakus full power will be able to come forth."

If that's the case attack him now!
lee didn't have chidori to break through the cacoon thing if gaara began the transformation procees, if chidori barely pierced that thing, then no way lee's kicks and punches would even scratch it (unless of course, you believe that lee's attacks have the same effect as chidori .)

well, the fake sleep jutsu takes seconds to do, gamabuntu barely had enough time to explain it to naruto before it was too late. and naruto was DAMN lucky that gamabuntu knew the sand priest, cause naruto wouldn't have known what the hell that jutsu's purpose was and that they needed to wake up gaara. if that was the case, gamabunta would have got creamed.
HoboGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 16:26   Link #49
aquamist

Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal
About sakura, ermmm you pointed out that everyone thinks all she ever does is yell "sasuke kun" and it isnt true. You however forgot to explain why it isnt true..
It isn't true because she doesn't only say "Sasuke-kun"
aquamist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-12, 18:05   Link #50
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquamist
It isn't true because she doesn't only say "Sasuke-kun"
she also occasionally cries. And Bite, very big on bites, sakura.
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote