AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2023-05-14, 23:01   Link #41
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroyanagi View Post
Did the teacher just leave behind a pair of grade schoolers (one of them feeling unwell) without any adult supervision, telling them to catch up with the rest of the schooltrip on foot? What...?

The latter part of the episode, with Nishimura's dad's inventive ways of supporting her behind the scenes, was sweet, but talk about a lax approach to child safety. I hope this was just a clumsy story device to get Nishimura and Takada alone and not something that actually happens in Japanese schools...
I just appreciated him finally calling out the kids calling her the "Grim Reaper" .
Old 2023-05-15, 01:17   Link #42
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroyanagi View Post
Did the teacher just leave behind a pair of grade schoolers (one of them feeling unwell) without any adult supervision, telling them to catch up with the rest of the schooltrip on foot? What...?

The latter part of the episode, with Nishimura's dad's inventive ways of supporting her behind the scenes, was sweet, but talk about a lax approach to child safety. I hope this was just a clumsy story device to get Nishimura and Takada alone and not something that actually happens in Japanese schools...
Very realistic actually. This is a country where first-graders often take the train to school by themselves. A fifteen minute walk through a park and a shoutengai is nothing for fifth-graders.

I must say, this series has already almost made my allergies act up a couple of times - and I've read the manga.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-16, 22:34   Link #43
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
"What were you even trying to accomplish with that?" Hino is such a mood.
Old 2023-05-21, 09:03   Link #44
Frontier

I'm not surprised the class would foist being the witch of the school play on Nishimura, for obvious reasons, but she looks super cute as a witch. So cute that Takada can't believe she's a legit wish! Because Nishimura makes anything look cute! Classic Takada !

(A witch with a tanktop though? Good idea Hino-kun)

Yukatamura is so cute! Thank you Yukiko! Even Takada is shook because she doesn't look like a Grim Reaper but a normal and absolutely cute girl. Dude just can't help but be so charming with Nishimura! And they look so adorable together in yukata !

Oh yeah, time for a festival date at Yukiko's school! We even got to see her in a maid outfit that she totally looks amazing in! No wonder she's the (self-proclaimed) poster girl of her class's cafe .

Those boys really thought they could tease Takada about being on a date with Nishimura when Takada's just happy to realize he had his first ever date with Nishimura. The rizz on this kid is off the charts !

Poor Nishimura...looked down on because any group with her on the team is expected to lose. But with Takada by her side, she'll either win and break the curse or Takada will just bask in the true godly power of her as the Grim Reaper! He even imagines her with Super Saiyan hair .

Can't beat how romantic climbing up on something and watching the city at Sunset with a special person is! Especially as you affirm how much you want to enjoy a school event together !

Of course things just can't be simple as the wind makes Nishimura fall and Takada, in protecting her, ends up breaking his arm. He's always so cheerful and easygoing but even he can't help but cry with a broken arm. Ouch .

Oh snap, Takada Mama! And she looks like an older Yukiko but has the same straightforward and ever cheerful personality of her son! And she's there to comfort and consoler Nishimura just like Taiyou would, right down to telling her how much he enjoys being her friend. That's exactly what Nishimura needed after beating herself up over what happened. Takada Mama is great !

Somehow I'm not surprised Takada is having as much fun as possible with a cast. And maybe he'll be healed enough by Sports Day that he and Nishimura can actually spend it together !
Old 2023-05-21, 15:22   Link #45
grecefar

well we know now were taiyo personality came from.

I was afraid that this would got really bad if it was more serious, like taiyo not coming to class so quickly would lead to a lot of bullying to nishimura and everybody blaming her.

I'm glad it didn't happen and taiyo is there if something happens.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-05-28, 09:03   Link #46
Frontier

Having Nishimura take care of an injured Takada is just improving the married couple vibes between them! And Umi is eating it all up! And thank goodness for her that Hino and Takada are bros and not married !

I love how Takada is still messing with Kitagawa to the point that his injury ends up putting Kitagawa square in the hot seat as the anchor of the baton pass during Field Day .

Wow, Nishimura is surprisingly effective at jump scares! And sincerely pleading with someone! As much as Kasahara is someone driven by her own self-interests and doesn't want to seem dorky by putting her all into Field Day, even she can't resist Nishimura's earnest plea for her to run during Field Day because Nishimura, despite her best efforts, can't. And it even seems like Nishimura is making a genuine tsundere out of Kasahara yet !

Dang, Kitagawa was actually treating Nishimura normal and like a real classmate during the ball throw. Shame that couldn't last past Field Day .

The only thing better than Papa Nishimura being so happy to see his daughter getting along with her friends is having an emotional breakdown when the topic of his daughter and Takada comes up. Bonus points for Yukiko showing up without her brother to film Nishimura and bring up their relationship even more. Poor guy .

Kasahara the Swift! She truly is an amazing runner! And looks good in a Kunoichi uniform too! And it means a lot to see Nishimura actually lead the class on in cheering for her, something we probably never would've seen in the earlier episodes !

Kitagawa screwing himself over is the perfect opportunity for Takada to show up in the nick of time and get his heroic run sequence in the most anime way possible. Nice job, Takada-kun .

Ahhh! Nishimura hugging Kasahara in gratitude! Kasahara doesn't even feel comfortable bringing up her curse any more. And the two girls even get a big hug from Takada as he launches and collapses into them! Then afterwards the two girls are actually getting along relatively well. I guess one perk of getting along better with Nishimura is Kasahara gets to spend more time with Takada. A win-win, you might say .
Old 2023-05-28, 11:08   Link #47
grecefar

I loved this chapter, now kasahara is getting to know more about nishimura and know how loveable she is and even stopped herself with the shinigami thing at the end, that is some progress and she should know too that spending time with nishimura = spending time with takada so is a win sitatuion for her, she got a hug and now she is walking home with him.

sure she doesn't have a chance against nishimura for takada but is still something and she is making a true friend with nishimura.
Old 2023-05-29, 06:07   Link #48
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That was awesome, but I'm heartbroken that they cut out the gag from chapter 50.5 involving Yukiko's recording. Possibly my favorite moment in the entire series and Daichi at his very best.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-04, 09:01   Link #49
Frontier

I guess I shouldn't be surprised the bullies would try to turn something as simple and sweet as Nishimura giving Takada four-leaf clover charm into something cursed...any more than I shouldn't be surprised Takada turns it around into something amazing and precious from Nishimura .

Man, Takada was at his most Chuuni talking about Nishimura's "mystic eyes." Even Hino is like "um...okay, buddy." Of course then when Nishimura is super flustered and embarrassed because of Takada Hino is seriously asking about the mystic eyes too .

Dang, Nishimura just catering to Takada's Chuuni fantasies with that eyepatch! Even if it was for a legitimate bruised eye. But the real power is Nishimura taking it off and unveiling both eyes at the same time !

Did you notice all the girl bullies are minus Kasahara? Well, that's deliberate, because she realizes how lame it is to bully her the way they've been and realize how lame she was for having helped perpetuate it for so long. Especially when Nishimura doesn't hold it against her and instead thinks she's really cool. What a sweetheart .

Takada just outright going all in on the fact that he dreamed about Nishimura and how amazing that is! What a stud! Of course Hino dreamed of them with tanktops. Stay tanktop, Hino-kun .

Yukiko really loving teasing her future sister-in-law. Even got her brother trying to defend Nishimura from his sisters' teasing. Just too adorable !

Nishimura planning to have friends to her house, finally! I was actually kind of surprised there wasn't a punchline of the dad realizing Takada was coming over, but it's great how he went along with his daughter to make this the perfect day for his daughter and all her friends. Not to mention how cute Nishimura looked in that outfit .

Jeez, what is it with Akane's and getting sick this weekend!? Nishimura overextends herself and gets sick and is beating herself up over all that prep work being wasted...until her friends actually do show up to spend some time with her and eat their cakes. We even got Nishimura landing a critical hit on Takada when she tugs at his sleeve and doesn't want him to leave. Priceless .

Hino's family sells ramen and not tanktops !?

It's rare we see both kids flustered, so that was quite the note to end on. Even if Kasahara didn't enjoy it one bit...but Umi sure did .
Old 2023-06-04, 12:41   Link #50
grecefar

I still wonder why they keep trying to bully nishimura with takada there... well, kids will be kids.

It was nishimura turn to make takada blush, that was a critical.
Old 2023-06-06, 03:42   Link #51
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
That was a pretty good critical hit by sick Akane .
Old 2023-06-11, 09:05   Link #52
Frontier

Kasahara loves cats? She looked really cute trying to coax one out, even if it was just a shopping bag. And of course Nishimura watches her make a fool of herself. But it just lets them bond over cats, which is good .

Nothing cements Kasahara's development like picking a leaf out of Nishimura's hair while she's getting all chummy with Takada! She even admits out loud that they're friends! That's amazing !

Ooooh! Nishimura all dressed up to meet Takada at the zoo? Why, that's basically a date! She even manages to fluster him a little by calling him cool even if he of course turns it around to make her a blushing mess for the umpteenth time. And sure Hino shows up, but he's kind of just a third wheel by that point .

Nishimura was on a ghost special? Why, that's impossible! She was too busy going on a date !

I love how Hino is chafing having to wear a jacket over his tanktop. And he's the pairs' plausible deniability that the zoo trip was a date...up until he reveals that he ended up leaving early to go on a date with Umi! And you can tell Umi was on cloud 9 !

Ah, I see Kasahara's girl posse is still acting in full force even without her leading them any more, but Takada is still capable of turning things around and making them the embarrassed ones all the same !

Nishimura singing to herself is cute. Takada following her the whole time is also cute. But Nishimura managing to work up the courage to sing for him is absolutely precious .

Nishimura and Takada are even on a Christmas Date! Though Takada's just excited to get to do some "grown up" stuff at the gang's Christmas Party (Kasahara is invited!), but even an older couple remarks how it's obvious they're on a date .

Kasumi seems like a nice and cute girl and family friend to the Takada's! I'm glad her romance with her Senpai went well. And Nishimura and Takada got to see them on their date and even watch them kiss! Man, good thing Takada didn't ruin that moment .

Ohhhh! They're blushing hard! Takada immediately looks to Nishimura's lips, which she's pondering over herself! And Takada remembers asking Nishimura if they'll kiss when they're older! And their hands are touching! Not to mention the difference in heat during that last handhold to home !!!

"The Christmas Party Confession" Well THAT'S a loaded title !
Old 2023-06-11, 12:38   Link #53
grecefar

kasahara can't handle taiyou compliments, she would die first xD and I wonder when the class will get the hint that they can't beat taiyou with the bullying againts nishimura, it's getting tiresome.

nishimura and taiyou saw something amazing at the end. To be honest I want to see kasahara meeting with kuro.
Old 2023-06-11, 18:36   Link #54
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Thank goodness those two kissed when they did. It would have been brutal to have Taiyou interrupt them . Good kid, but that would have killed the moment!
Old 2023-06-18, 11:10   Link #55
grecefar

I think it was good that nishimura stopped him there, he isn't 100% sure of his feelings yet.

I would've like to see nishimura with the tank top.
Old 2023-06-18, 11:58   Link #56
Frontier

It's time for the kids to have a Christmas Party! Though Takada and Nishimura are still reeling and awkward because of the kiss they witnessed and how it relates to them...but luckily Hino is always there to cut through the tension with his straightforwardness .

Kasahara guzzling down that juice like it's alcohol. Perfect way to cap off her budding friendship with Nishimura! And then she becomes a bit of a fun drunk .

Umi looks cute in a mustache! But Hino in the sunglasses she bought is a critical hit .

Oh snap, Takeda confessed! Kind of? He knows he likes Nishimura, but he's not sure how he likes her compared to his other friends...yet he knows on some level it's different. And he wants to kiss her to be sure, though Nishimura doesn't want him to rush into it. Even though he wants to kiss her more than anything. Boy is a chad of the highest degree! I wonder if Nishimura would've given in had Kasahara not interrupted them ?

It's taking all of Nishimura's rationalization that it's just Takada being his outgoing self to keep her going at this point otherwise she'll be a completely flustered mess. Kasahara is flustered enough for the both of them .

Of course Hino gave out a tanktop. I'm not sure how Nishimura will look in one, yet I'm sure Umi wishes she had one personally from Dai-Chan herself .

Staying up late with a friend for the first time is cool and all, but for Nishimura Takada has given her so many firsts through their friendship that she'll always be grateful towards him .

Takada and Takada Mama are like two halves of the same brain with Yukiko the only "normal" one !

Nice wingwoman move, Umi! Letting Takada and Nishimura sit next to each other! Especially with that rumor that people who sit next to each other twice are destined to be together .

Do I detect some romantic sparks from that handholding over the eraser ?

10 years later? We're getting a time skip finale !?
Old 2023-06-25, 09:04   Link #57
Frontier

Tightness in the chest? It must be love! Though only Umi in her wisdom seems to realize this and what's going on between Takada and Nishimura, so much so that she even does a little "This! Is! Love!" dance that is super adorable .

I guess if Japan's declining birth rates are good for anything, it's leaving an empty classroom for Kitagawa and his gang to abscond for their Scorpion Gang and just hang out and play games/read manga. Of course then they run afoul of another group and leave them a little surprise...which of course backfires, because these kids are dumb-dumbs .

I get that they thought Takada would be the only one who could naturally get into Nishimura's locker and avoid any messes...but they didn't count on Takada being so blunt and honest he'd just TELL her about the bomb! And then Hino makes a big deal out of it and makes everyone in the class think there's a legit bomb. I love how Hino was also 100% convinced Takada could defuse a real bomb .

Well, yeah, figures Nishimura just gave it to the teacher...who is holding onto it just in time for it to go off and make it a bad memory for everyone involved. And thus unceremoniously ended the Scorpion Gang. Fitting end, I'd say .

When you think about it, Takada, Nishimura, Hino, Umi, and even Kasahara in some ways basically are the Grim Reaper gang, and they're cooler and cuter than any other gang .

So 10 years from now, Umi will be a vet, Kasahara will be a stunning adult beauty, Hino will be a literal tanktop, and Takada...will be a dark knight with his cool Grim Reaper (wife) by his side. Because Takada can only imagine a future with Nishimura in it. And she's so utterly cute that he had to dial it back just to make her look cooler .

Takada truly is a chad to know the best way to compliment a girl on her new shampoo is saying she smells even nicer than she did before. And that her "curse" is how utterly charming she is !

I love how we start with Nishimura sending a simple "good morning" message to Takada that devolves into him so hyper he got a "cursed" message from her and Yukiko giving him the idea to tell everyone at school that he got a message from Nishimura like it's the most amazing thing in the world. Other highlights are the Takada's having a gamecube and Kasahara finally getting Nishimura's contact info .

Thank you Nishimura Papa for being there and helping facilitate getting these two to finally call each other by their first name! Best part is Nishimura not being able to help herself and calling Takada "Taiyou-kun" totally unprompted! And even Nishimura Papa can't help but see how happy and adorable these two are together! And may they continue to be in the future !
Old 2023-06-25, 12:10   Link #58
grecefar

the last chapter was the funniest of all, the first half was hilarious and in the second there was akane reactions to takada's messages.

I really liked this anime 8/10.
Old 2023-06-25, 15:26   Link #59
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for final thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-06-25, 20:11   Link #60
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

You know...I'm kind of fine with the teacher being right in the middle of that "bomb". Honestly the teacher in a show like this is in a position where the less you see of him the better. Since the bullying is a concrete part of the show his role in it would have to be acknowledged more.

The episode the cute. Much like the whole show was cute. Taiyo was a bundle of pure energy as usual and Akane was a blushing machine. The show remained pretty consistent and that's perfectly ok .

They did get a few moments of seriousness with the broken arm and discussing Akane's dead mother. But overall the show was pretty steady in terms of being light and fun. It was nice .