Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-04-03, 02:11   Link #41
firehawk12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthtabby View Post
That was Yukinoshita.

It actually took me a moment to recognize her when she showed up to look at the panda things though. And since I didn't remember her name from S1, I didn't realize who the yaoi fangirl was until she actually started talking about yaoi.

Character recognition issues aside, the first episode seemed kind of so-so, but then the first episode of season one wasn't as strong as some of the episodes that followed it either.
Haha, it must have been the hair that threw me off.
firehawk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 02:14   Link #42
Se7enSword
Swordsman Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOmus View Post
Personal bet, if this serie manage to be my AOTS I will start reading the novel. Its on my list of Ln to be read, but I cant find the time, this way it will be easier to decide.
You should read it anyways. There's a ton of interesting content there that will never be done justice.
Old 2015-04-03, 03:04   Link #43
Wandering Soul

I prefer the old designs but I can get used to these too.

Overall a good episode and does show some of the development the characters went through. Yukino isn't as much of an ice queen as she was before for example.
Old 2015-04-03, 03:40   Link #44
Tchadnis

i like the subtle change you can see on Hachiman face when he get the "hint" on stuff , i dont mind the new design as much but yup Yukino look a bit dull ? i dont know but i guess compared to the others 2 i will need longer to get use to her new look
Old 2015-04-03, 04:21   Link #45
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

I'm fine with the designs, in fact imo it looks better. The episode was pretty good n kudos to feels for reanimating the flashback scenes. The opening is really good too. Yukino seems friendlier to Hachiman and Yui was really lovely as it seems she was getting most of the budget due to her reaction faces. Can't wait for more development in the romance department and Hachiman's realistic monologue
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 04:44   Link #46
askara

Can anyone tell me what volume of LN season 2 anime base on? and remind me what happen with the roof scene?
askara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 04:49   Link #47
Amiluhur
Gondok

I don't know, there's something really lacking on the premier that i can't really point my finger to. Maybe it's Yukinoshita being much softer than she usually was, or maybe the pacing that felt slightly off? I mean honestly, if it weren't for Hachiman's biting monologues, this episode would have been a complete bore.
Amiluhur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 04:54   Link #48
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 1:
Man, it sure looks different especially during the cold opening scene. feel did a good job recapturing the school festival scene in S1 Ep. 12 so far.

Anyways, glad that Oregairu is back!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 05:28   Link #49
IceHism

Just watched the episode again with subs
Wow, they sped through so many things. The pacing is a big concern for me right now. I hope they go slower on the next volumes if they are simply doing this because not much happens in this arc.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 06:07   Link #50
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
Originally Posted by askara View Post
Can anyone tell me what volume of LN season 2 anime base on? and remind me what happen with the roof scene?
Volume 7.
Roof scene? Hachiman reminded the girl that she was an attention-grabbing idiot and got her off the high horse in the presence of Hayama and two other girls. That made the entire school except for a few people to badmouth 8man and made the girl look like a victim. So, basically, he took the fall for her.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 09:15   Link #51
p-kun

The new design makes Yui and 8man look older and the soft palette makes the sarcasm feel less biting. I really need to get used to the design and color scheme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Volume 7.
Roof scene? Hachiman reminded the girl that she was an attention-grabbing idiot and got her off the high horse in the presence of Hayama and two other girls. That made the entire school except for a few people to badmouth 8man and made the girl look like a victim. So, basically, he took the fall for her.
And to add, Hayato was upset that 8man took the option that hurt "no one" when in fact it hurt 8man himself.
p-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 09:35   Link #52
ahelo
Criminal Unrequitor
*Graphic Designer

Wtf I don't remember Oregairu being this good. I was pretty excited for this sequel after I heard the OP from Nagi Yanagi but holy crap idk I don't recall ever being as excited as I am watching an episode of this series back in 2013. In short, good job feel.

New character designs look amazing though I do still have to get used to a different version of 8man (he doesn't look as dweeb-ish this time). I really don't know, everything's working right now. All the character buildup from the first season is being used. I honestly don't remember the last time I got excited for an LN adaptation.
Old 2015-04-03, 09:40   Link #53
HereticMagus

Okay episode. Hopefully, they can capture the sheer atmosphere of volume 8 and 9.
HereticMagus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 09:44   Link #54
Ritzu07

finally Hachiman is back..!! but its me or his voice is a little bit off than s1? i mean its a little bit lively or energetic before when he's doing his monologue and his expression are off...

but whatever.. glad they give us the s2
Ritzu07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 10:35   Link #55
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

You know what, if we put the novel aside (as it should, since this is a different medium), I think the pacing of this episode is pretty good. There’s really no feelings of being rushed imo. If I have to put it put it into words, I’d say the pacing is “energetic” . Heck, even my friend who haven’t read the novel said the pacing is a bit slow in places.

Oh, and like someone said before, I think the atmospheric sound mixing is rather good.

As for the chara-designs...well, I can clearly see the differences but it's not that big deal of differences.
Old 2015-04-03, 10:40   Link #56
tsunade666

I like the first episode and I'm not familiar with the source material(haven't had time to read it)

First episode is Okay though I feel that I need to watch season 1 again because they just jump start the story without another character introduction. It felt a real continuation from where the first season ended which might draw away new viewers because they won't understand much what's happening.
Old 2015-04-03, 11:19   Link #57
itisjustme

Sensei screentime = 10/10
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 11:35   Link #58
Tormenk

Good start for the 1st episode but one or two additional monologues regarding the requests could really have helped set the atmosphere and tone further. For those who're wondering, this episode covered 6 chapters out of the 9 in vol 7 hence the concern voiced by some that the pace was quite fast. I have to agree, but for a different reason given that the lack of re-familiarization is going to leave some viewers in the dust about the cast. OP feels empty while the ED was alright.

My only quip about the design so far is the gradient hair for the characters. Personally I prefer the solid colors used from S1 but no matter.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 12:13   Link #59
YumeNoMonogatari
てへぺろ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
Sensei screentime = 10/10
This guy gets it!
YumeNoMonogatari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-04-03, 12:55   Link #60
Hero of the day
Masa~san <3

Man I didn't even recognize sensei in casual clothing. Even Zaimokuza looks really manly.
Hero of the day is offline   Reply With Quote