Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-01-13, 02:47   Link #41
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

i don't recall them wanting to do so.

Law of Inherent Combustibility: Everything explodes. Everything.
Old 2011-01-13, 03:00   Link #42
Alchemist007
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
is like complaining about how you always inhale oxygen and exhale carbon monoxide.
Actually we inhale a larger portion of nitrogen than oxygen (although we only need the oxygen) and we exhale carbon DIoxide; carbon monoxide would kill us dead.

Old 2011-01-13, 03:03   Link #43
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
although we only need the oxygen
No coolant to prevent your lungs from burning? :P
Anyways, to the plot-mobile! @ James: the vizards originally wanted to go human, but Urahara failed to do so, and from that moment on they decided to live with it and just focus on vengeance.
New guys are the first ones to hate their powers and want them gone, but I can't help but think that things won't go so smoothly for anyone...
Old 2011-01-13, 03:46   Link #44
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

still doesn't shake the feeling this might all still be a dream - a few chapters back, ichigo was complaining about hearing voices in his dreams, and the outlines of some recognizable characters.

"we have the power to make orange juice fly into our mouths and we rather we didn't have that totally awesome power"? yeah right...

if so, why appear now, then. and no reference to them whatsoever before? at least the vizards were a concealed experiment.

Old 2011-01-13, 03:53   Link #45
Kafriel
Senior Guest

That one's easy, Ichigo already had powers before, so maybe they couldn't transfer their powers on to him. No comment on the dream thing, could get too weird if analyzed.
Old 2011-01-13, 04:00   Link #46
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Why hello Nobodyman9. What crawled up your arse today for the chapter to earn such a tongue lashing ? Look, I'll apologise if that seems to be rude (not trying to provoke anything) but lately it seems like you're not satisfied with any chapter you comment on. Its just becoming a bit comical about how you proclaim your dissatisfaction with any given chapter but don't really offer an explaination as to why.
What? You didn't get enough of a break from me over the holidays? But fine, you wanna know what I disliked about this chapter?

-Bad colorspread ("I know! I'll just blot 85% of it with black ink, put some red squares in the background and then do a gradient fill to color in Ichigo!")
-Ichigo overreacting to shit
-Kubo's continued and relentless use of empty space and overly large panels
-Kubo taking 20 pages to do what he could have done in 5 pages.
-(Another) Retcon of Chad's and (presumably) Orihime's powers.
-"We got our powers because Hollows attacked our mothers before we were born and they transferred their powers to us because that makes perfect sense!"

Just to name a few.
Quote:
-While I can agree that these new fellows do resemble the Vizards in principle, there is nothing really wrong about using similar scenarios. Hell, the entirety of Ichigo's venture into Hueco Mundo to rescue Orihime was a complete copy paste of Ichigo's venture into Seiretei to rescue Rukia. Its just how Bleach has worked over the years. Ichigo gets power. Ichigo and co. go rescue damsel. Ichigo loses power/leaves battle until he's called to do it again ad infinitum. Complaining about repetition in shounen is like complaining about how you always inhale oxygen and exhale carbon monoxide.
Not the same thing at all.

Yes, repetition can be beneficial in certain stories (not just shonen), like the repetition of the Strawhats going to an island and fighting bad guys or the Power Rangers going up against a monster every week. But the thing is that even then the author(s) vary up the plot each time they do it. They bring something new to the table. What Kubo is doing is using the same story elements only with different generic cardboard characters. Ichigo meets a bunch of people who have some random power who will help him get some random power. Bunch of random bad guys show up who want some random thing that Ichigo doesn't care about. Ichigo goes and recues something (maybe his badge). What's frustrating is that Bleach has (or had) the potential to do more than follow some BS repetitive story arcs.

Oh, but don't think for even a second that this the main reason I'm criticizing Bleach. There is much that is so horribly wrong with this terrible series. You think I'm hard Naruto? Bleach is an agonizing shitstorm of awful writing, art, and pacing. I just assumed that everyone else here kenw that, but I guess not.
Old 2011-01-13, 05:33   Link #47
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
What? You didn't get enough of a break from me over the holidays? But fine, you wanna know what I disliked about this chapter?

-Bad colorspread ("I know! I'll just blot 85% of it with black ink, put some red squares in the background and then do a gradient fill to color in Ichigo!")
-Ichigo overreacting to shit
-Kubo's continued and relentless use of empty space and overly large panels
-Kubo taking 20 pages to do what he could have done in 5 pages.
-(Another) Retcon of Chad's and (presumably) Orihime's powers.
-"We got our powers because Hollows attacked our mothers before we were born and they transferred their powers to us because that makes perfect sense!"

Just to name a few.
The first 4 are eseentially the same. =P

Yeah it took 7 whole pages to start the actual chapter. Not good. But we're finally getting answers and now the plot can start moving somewhere. Also, the last two pages were quite funny.
Old 2011-01-13, 06:31   Link #48
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
The first 4 are eseentially the same. =P
'The hell are you talkin' about?

How are the colorspread, Ichigo's behavior, unnecessarily large panels and pacing essentially the same thing?
Old 2011-01-13, 06:51   Link #49
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Their purpose is all the same thing. To stretch out the plot. And most of them ARE the same thing. Large unneccessary panels directly affects pacing aswell as Ichigo's behaviour. Color spread directly affects large unneccesary panels.
Old 2011-01-13, 06:57   Link #50
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
"We got our powers because Hollows attacked our mothers before we were born and they transferred their powers to us because that makes perfect sense!"
If you guys are trying to connect that too Ichigo getting his powers then it wouldn't.
Old 2011-01-13, 07:00   Link #51
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Their purpose is all the same thing. To stretch out the plot. And most of them ARE the same thing. Large unneccessary panels directly affects pacing aswell as Ichigo's behaviour. Color spread directly affects large unneccesary panels.
The colorspread is only one page. Most colorspreads are two pages and most other mangas have them. It has nothing to do with slowing the pace.

Ichigo's behavior, whether it took one panel, two panels, a small panel or large panel was just bad writing.

My 3rd and 4th points, yeah I guess. The overly large panels is more of a subsection of Kubo dragging out the story.
Old 2011-01-13, 07:15   Link #52
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Oh I see. You saw ichigo's behaviour as stupid rather than just unneccessary.
Old 2011-01-13, 07:23   Link #53
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

hmm im still thinking about who zomgwtfpanwed ishida.

zomg kubo has me thinking?
Old 2011-01-13, 10:21   Link #54
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
hmm im still thinking about who zomgwtfpanwed ishida.

zomg kubo has me thinking?
Obviously it was one of the "bunch of random bad guys [who] show up who want some random thing that Ichigo doesn't care about" who Nobodyman was referring to earlier.
Old 2011-01-13, 11:22   Link #55
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Wait did their mothers survive the hollow attacks? If they did then how did they survive them, also why didn't their mothers gain abilities.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Old 2011-01-13, 12:03   Link #56
Raitos
I'm Bored

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRime View Post
This is interesting. So if a hollow attacks a pregnant woman, her kid will be likely to have superpowers. That's.... actually pretty interesting. But why does Ginjou say "all of us had a parent who was attacked by a hollow?" That seems to imply if a guy gets attacked, his sperm is somehow affected too, and whoever he impregnates will give birth to a superbaby. That's.... also pretty interesting. Side effects from hollow attacks include sperm mutation. yayz!

And that sounded pretty cold coming from Chad (who looks like he's 40). "Ever since you lost your powers, I haven't been able to look at you. (you disgust me, you useless swine!)"

Orihime, Nel, and Riruka makes three.

Well, Aizen did say that the Hogyoku only grants powers/wishes/whatever to those who already have the potential.
O.K. everything makes sense, but what about in the case of Ichigo's father. He's a shinigami so he most likely (in his past) got attacked by hollows all the time and you would suppose he would get wounded at least once from a mission/assignment by a hollow. So does that mean Ichigo has fullbring to begin with? But Ichigo never showed any signs of this. But Ichigo's mother is a human and his dad is a shinigami, so it might cancel out or something. On a side note since his dad is dead already its like a zombie and a human kinda had a kid... I mean how does a dead person have a kid with a living person? Yea.... /brain dies

O.K. I understand EVERYTHING now. All the shinigamis are zombies. But shinigamis can die just like zombies can die a second time!... so maybe when a shinigami dies they go from being a "zombie" to dead dead which is like actual death in our world they basically go to heaven or something. Also what about orihime does this mean her mother/father got attacked by a hollow? How can a human survive a hollow attack, what would happen if super sperm dad got lady pregnant and then said prego lady got attacked by another hollow and then lived would be like a super saiyan kid or something? Also since ichigo is a human and a shinigami what happens if ichigo dies does he automatically become a regular shinigami?

Bleach logic - kills people who are already dead.
Old 2011-01-13, 13:45   Link #57
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
Wait did their mothers survive the hollow attacks? If they did then how did they survive them, also why didn't their mothers gain abilities.
Don't bother. This is going to be yet another plot element Kubo will not put any depth into.
Old 2011-01-13, 14:21   Link #58
Wiggy Fuzz
Has balls of cast iron

thinking back, if ichigo's dad was always a shinigami, and by extension ichigo, too... he didn't really steal rukia's powers, and rukia couldn't have been tried for the crime of giving a human her powers.

which means no aizen, no gotei 13, no arancars, no vizards, and no this arc.

Old 2011-01-13, 14:31   Link #59
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiggy Fuzz View Post
thinking back, if ichigo's dad was always a shinigami, and by extension ichigo, too... he didn't really steal rukia's powers, and rukia couldn't have been tried for the crime of giving a human her powers.

which means no aizen, no gotei 13, no arancars, no vizards, and no this arc.
Actually Isshin merly passed retasu on to his kids even when Ichigo lost his powers he still had some reatsu, but by Rukia making him a shinigami it released the dormant reatsu inside in truth Rukia could do that agian
Old 2011-01-13, 14:59   Link #60
kitten320

Quote:
Originally Posted by secretzfan View Post
They weren't complete weak asses though but fullbringing is stronger
I remeber people saying same thing about vizards...
"They are so cool! they have hollow powers like Ichigo! They have more experience so they are more bad ass! When will come the vizards to kick Aizen's ass? Yeh, the vizards are here to kick some asses! Yeh... the vizards had... fallen... "

Remember my words, Fullbringers will have same fate as vizards or Espada... they will get owned without doing much.