Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-29, 18:44   Link #41
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dharma View Post
I'm pretty sure Lico noticed what's happening with Shamiko and was going to fix it. On the other hand her way of dealing with priestesses... Come to think of it Rika is also priestess...
She definitely noticed, but I'm not so sure she would have done anything about it without being prompted too.
Old 2022-05-01, 20:19   Link #42
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
She definitely noticed, but I'm not so sure she would have done anything about it without being prompted too.
Considering she is aware of her own powers and that Shamiko was taking a lot of food home with her...she definitely wasn't planning on doing anything about it. Way too many days passed with her not mentioning a thing.

After all it secured a slav...worker for the cafe and saved her from having to serve customers . Though once things were potentially going to turn violent then it was probably a good idea to reveal the truth and clean up the situation.
Old 2022-05-02, 05:19   Link #43
Dharma

0 days is way too many? She reacted as soon as she noticed that there is problem. (Also how Shamiko is slave? are you assuming she is not getting paid?)
Old 2022-05-02, 06:21   Link #44
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Though once things were potentially going to turn violent then it was probably a good idea to reveal the truth and clean up the situation.
I think Lico wanted to fight. She was happy on the chance of throwing another priestess into a pit. Only stopped by the owner.

_________

and sad news... episode delay.

https://twitter.com/machikado_staff/...b4JsXRlM6xqlzg
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-02, 15:44   Link #45
EroKing

Last edited by EroKing; 2023-11-15 at 09:00.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-05, 17:00   Link #46
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It was really obvious that the cat the owner saw was Sakura's core, yet of all the people present in the room only Ryo figured it out. Smart kid.

We were finally introduced to Sakura and she's... less pink than I expected. I didn't think Shamiko would meet her this soon. I love how her overpowered weapon is still just a big fork

And man, I missed Crisis Management!
Old 2022-05-05, 20:45   Link #47
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

It is nice that Momo is trying to be more considerate. Well I'm sure it isn't just that she'd feel lonely if Yuko had steady employment and couldn't spend as much time with her . But honestly I can't blame her for not being in favour. Yuko spent a bit of time there and was roped into a job and brainwashed for her trouble...Even if the owner wasn't aware of it, Lico sure as heck was. Not sure where Sakura picked up that lunatic.

Yeah, pretty obvious that the cat was Sakura's core. That thing was so magical that it's pretty hard to imagine anything else. I'm pretty proud of Ryo for putting that together so quickly. Definitely the smartest person in that room.

I also welcome back Crisis Management . Been too long!

A lot of good stuff happened here. Shamiko has met up with Sakura which is great. Obviously this is a temporary connection. But it shows that Sakura is around enough to be connected with. We got a confirmation about the state Momo was in when Shamiko first delved into her dreams. And Momo herself is reaching the point where she doesn't care about the consequences, but wants to go and help Shamiko out. Even if she would be completely fine in a few days, that's not good enough. Plus...I'm pretty sure Mikan would drown her in citrus juice so probably is important to go and save her...
Old 2022-05-05, 20:54   Link #48
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well it seems that Lico has a short attention span start playing a game while there talking about and started playing with Momo hair ornament out of nowhere

Finely get to see Sakura
Old 2022-05-05, 22:53   Link #49
Magewolf

Really liked the episode. It was nice to have the Crisis Management outfit back. And I think Yuko has a long life of Momo using her horns as handles to look forward to. Of course I imagine she will find out she does not mind it that much,she is a succubus after all.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-06, 06:16   Link #50
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 5:

finally, got to see Sakura Chiyoda. She's so pretty. I wonder how she ended up there?

lookign forward to more plot development next week!
Old 2022-05-06, 07:17   Link #51
Dharma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
finally, got to see Sakura Chiyoda. She's so pretty. I wonder how she ended up there?
Spoiler for Speculation about what happened:
Old 2022-05-08, 08:13   Link #52
ryllharu

A line that bears repeating:

"I'm only fascinated by her to a level that adversely affects my life!"

Momo, spend wisely.
ryllharu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-10, 12:53   Link #53
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-05-12, 17:06   Link #54
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This episode was fantastic. Would have made a really great season final, but we're only half-way in!

Shamiko and Sakura's interactions were really fun, especially how Sakura basically called an idiot by saying she was unable explain what she did properly because she was borrowing Shamiko's intellect. Funniest part is that Shamiko never realized what that implied.

Now we know the truth, Sakura's core is safe inside Shamiko and she'll be able to turn back once Shamiko becomes strong enough. Ganbare, Shamiko!
Was rather intrigued when she thanked little Yuko for shouldering Momo's curse. Maybe it's a plot point I forgot from the previous season.

Momo has fallen to the dark side! But only temporarily... her dark magical girl outfit did look good on her. Her eventually becoming Shamiko's vassal seems like a done deal, she's just waiting for Shamiko to get stronger so she herself won't lose power when she transitions. Shamiko was super relieved that Momo was unhurt after receiving Mikan's "power of friendship", but she still let out an easy to miss "gunu" because she was also frustrated it worked.

Momo's smile! It hit me harder than I expected. That's one goal accomplished. Omedeto, Shamiko!
Old 2022-05-12, 18:22   Link #55
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

That really did have season finale vibes. I hope we see more of Sakura someday soon.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-12, 20:53   Link #56
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well finely get to see Momo dark form and it really suits her

That some power Mikan got there growing a tree really fast
Old 2022-05-12, 21:08   Link #57
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

When Momo loses it, she really does lose it. Obviously it is sweet that she cares so much about Shamiko that she does lose her composure really easily. But she was going to cut herself up to instantly remove the seal just to find Shamiko a little bit faster.

Also wow...I'll admit the writing really has caught me offguard a few times. Never did I speculate that Sakura's core was literally inside of Shamiko. Although the logic makes sense. That would be a way to balance things out for Shamiko and bolster her health. Especially since Shamiko's health was actually horrifically bad. Her mother had no idea how close to death Yuko was. Even her very soul had been whittled away by that curse.

It's kind of nice that there is a path forward. My initial impression was pretty bleak. That they would have no choice but to give up on Sakura. Since taking her out right now would kill Shamiko. But if they power Shamiko up enough that she can overcome the curse then Sakura can safely return. The roadmap is there.

But yeah, love the debut of Darkness Peach! Saw enough of the preview that I kind of figured this was the path. But it really says a lot that Momo straight up took up the falling to darkness option then and there. Even if it was only temporary. Helping Shamiko avoid suffering was enough to push her over the edge.

Really sweet episode.
Old 2022-05-13, 00:56   Link #58
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

It did feel like a season finale, especially with the return of the original OP at the end. But fortunately, it was just the finale of the first half.

Momo is very much in love, and very much doesn't want to admit it.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-05-13, 04:46   Link #59
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 6:

emotional episode. Momo finally find out where her missing sister's core is located. This cause her to shift goals. Use her power to protect that part of the town together with Shamiko. They grow even closer now.

can't believe Gosenzou let the chance pass to get some blood. It's either the blood of one mahou shoujo is not enough to break the seal.. or gosenzou just decided to be nice.
Old 2022-05-13, 20:12   Link #60
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

I love the comedy is there but not right in our faces. Like the subtle insult Sakura had for Shamiko that her vocabulary was too limited (i.e. she's too dumb) to express the whole situation with her core. And then later on that Shamiko would be too weak to open a bottle of juice so Mikan visibly loosened it up for her . Nothing over the top, but just cute bits of comedy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
episode 6:

emotional episode. Momo finally find out where her missing sister's core is located. This cause her to shift goals. Use her power to protect that part of the town together with Shamiko. They grow even closer now.

can't believe Gosenzou let the chance pass to get some blood. It's either the blood of one mahou shoujo is not enough to break the seal.. or gosenzou just decided to be nice.
I think Lilith has simply accepted that Momo is going to join the family eventually. Even if getting a ton of blood would help, it wouldn't make Shamiko happy to have Momo basically disappear and turn into a core herself.

Plus she didn't realize the consequences of taking a magical girl's blood. She has her own wants for sure. But she's not willing to make Momo or Mikan pay the price.