Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-10-07, 13:22   Link #41
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb_hicks
from what your saying you want naruto to be more like lee and sasuke and have gai fighting style which would make naruto kinda dull seeing how the only way people would say he would have good taijitsu is if he has gai's fighting style.
Gai's fighting style isn't the only good fighting style in Naruto. Look at Sasuke's, or Itachi's. I'm not saying I want Naruto to become a Gai ripoff--I just want him to have some simple training here.

Quote:
also it wouldnt of made any difference if naruto fought with any style seeing how sasuke sharingan was the deciding factor to the battle. what good is it if your opponnet can see every single move your going to make b4 you make it and counter moving to your predicted movements. b4 sasuke had a fully develped sharingan he could see narutos moments (i think he like with the mastered sharingan saw in slow motion but without the predictions of the movements) but like stated by lee earlier in the series sasuke body couldnt keep up and naruto beat the shit out of him both above and under water. once sasuke could predict narutos movements sasuke being slower didnt matter. if naruto needed to learn anything is how to fight a sharingan user. or anyone with a bloodlimit seeing how he is weak against them
I disagree. It is much easier to dodge the kind of punches Naruto was throwing at Sasuke rather than the kinds of punches Itachi would throw, or Lee, because they have a uniform style that doesn't put you off-balance. Naruto just leaped at Sasuke. It's easier to dodge a leap than to dodge a succession of punches and kicks that don't have your opponent going wildly off-balance each and every single time.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 14:08   Link #42
BrownRukus

Jiraiya will teach Naruto jutsu's but I think Jiraiya will also teach naruto how to beat the "Sharigan". Naruto will not go to Kakashi or Lee, simply cuz there are weak compared to Jiraiya.
BrownRukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 14:31   Link #43
Tempest
First Class Baka

I agree with most of what you guys speak regarding Naruto's further development under Jiraiya but what I'm interested in is seeing this whole Shinobi Training Centre angle come into play. Learning unorthodox and powerful jutsus from Ero-Sennin is great but what kind of teaching and techniques would be shown in the place that was talked about in that rooftop chat with Kakashi? I'm not sure if it's a common or some hidden location but I get the impression it's somewhere where old school ninjas like Sarutobi, the Sannin or maybe the Fourth underwent training.
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 14:38   Link #44
Real
....Elemental....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genei Killua
Gai's fighting style isn't the only good fighting style in Naruto. Look at Sasuke's, or Itachi's. I'm not saying I want Naruto to become a Gai ripoff--I just want him to have some simple training here.

I disagree. It is much easier to dodge the kind of punches Naruto was throwing at Sasuke rather than the kinds of punches Itachi would throw, or Lee, because they have a uniform style that doesn't put you off-balance. Naruto just leaped at Sasuke. It's easier to dodge a leap than to dodge a succession of punches and kicks that don't have your opponent going wildly off-balance each and every single time.

I agree with Genei, Naruto definately need more raw speed, without having to draw on the Kyubbi. More speed, and a more effective taijutsu style will make naruto a force to be recconed with, I mean, he can't just use rasengan every time with just that straight thrust he uses, he needs more speed.

Also, someone mentioned something about defense, the new speed will work as his defense. Maybe he will additionaly come up with, or be taught, a new way of striking with the Rasengan, other than the straight up charge.

Not everyone,(almost noone) has the Sharingan, so saying that no matter how fast naruto gets, he'll just get countered only comes into play when fighting two people in the entire world right now.(he's not gonna fight Kakashi, and the mystery third MS user is, well, a mystery)

Last edited by Real; 2004-10-07 at 14:48.
Real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 14:43   Link #45
Hanabi
日向花火

Considering that Naruto was perfectly willing to wear the suit Gai gave him (does he still have it in his wardrobe? ), Gai would be perfectly willing to teach him the ways of Burning Youth and Taijutsu. :3

Of course,
Spoiler:
Hanabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 15:40   Link #46
fzz

Send a message via ICQ to fzz Send a message via MSN to fzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest
I agree with most of what you guys speak regarding Naruto's further development under Jiraiya but what I'm interested in is seeing this whole Shinobi Training Centre angle come into play. Learning unorthodox and powerful jutsus from Ero-Sennin is great but what kind of teaching and techniques would be shown in the place that was talked about in that rooftop chat with Kakashi? I'm not sure if it's a common or some hidden location but I get the impression it's somewhere where old school ninjas like Sarutobi, the Sannin or maybe the Fourth underwent training.
haha, i get a nasty feeling it will be like that chamber in dbz where u train for a year but in the normal world only 24 hours pass... omg i dont hope they will lead that way
fzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 17:46   Link #47
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Quote:
Originally Posted by fzz
haha, i get a nasty feeling it will be like that chamber in dbz where u train for a year but in the normal world only 24 hours pass... omg i dont hope they will lead that way
I'm not remembering that part at all. Can you guys please tell me what chapter that is? I remember Jiraiya telling Kakashi that they both need to look after their respective genin, but nothing in regards to a special training center.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 17:59   Link #48
Tempest
First Class Baka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genei Killua
I'm not remembering that part at all. Can you guys please tell me what chapter that is? I remember Jiraiya telling Kakashi that they both need to look after their respective genin, but nothing in regards to a special training center.
Chapter 143 I believe.

Spoiler:
Tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 19:16   Link #49
BrownRukus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest
Chapter 143 I believe.

Spoiler:

Evnthough this is a manga topic, In the Anime Jiraiya doesn't mention bout any special training centre.
BrownRukus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-07, 21:20   Link #50
wb_hicks

i think it was ment to be the ninja registration center. so naruto would officially be under jaraiya.
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 14:00   Link #51
Nemokrad

Quote:
You think it's possible for one person to have two contracts with different animals? I was kinda thinking Enma was lost because Sandaime was technically the only one known to summon monkeys. Unless Enma had the ability to summon himself into this world and give the contract to someone... interesting. This is a long shot, but Asuma might be able to.
I think it would be possible... Just don't see how they would identify the species they want to summon when performing the jutsu. To me it seems that the amount of chakra put in the jutsu defines the size of the summon it produces. I don't see why it wouldn't be possible to have a contract with 2 species, eventhough it probably won't happen in the series.

Monkey summons gone? If theres a summon species then there must be a scroll, they just have to find the scroll, sign it and summon right? It's up to the summon whether it will follow its master's orders, not the contract (as we've seen with bunta and manda)

Also, about the training center. My theory is that the training center is just the place where chuunins and jounins learn the common techniques of their class and village. So probably chuunins visiting the center will learn a couple of katon abilities and possibly some flashy teleporting skills that we've seen before and Jounins would learn the big katon moves, and a couple of general other elemental jutsu, and that paralyze jutsu thingy those anbu guys used on that tiger. So my guess is that he will take Naruto to the center also to learn some general elemental jutsu as an addition to all his hyper-level jutsu.
Nemokrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 14:00   Link #52
Ero-Senn1n

It seems to me that all of you are missing something. Just remember how stupid Naruto is at this time, he knows nothing about the origin of jutsus, he knows only some ninjutsu and taijutsu moves. If he was fighting against a really strong opponent he would die right at the start from an attack which is really not high level, only average, just because he cannot counter it. Just think about when Kabuto did his mass-sleeping-jutsu. Naruto fell asleep immediately. Then the scene where Itachi and Kisame were coming for him at the inn. Naruto was gathering chakra and began making a seal to summon, but Kisame simply sucked away his chakra. With a Gamabunta summon he could have driven away those two, but he could not even begin the fight, and after that he was just standing there like and looking stupid, asking himself what the hell happend. After that Jiraiya had to drive him away from that black flame. He really looked STUPID in those cases, he has no chance, even knowing high more level justsu if he remains such a stupid brat. But i like him anyway
Jiraiya was writing something on the scroll and than using sealing jutsu, that is knowledge about the "narutiverse", as he said to naruto (in the anime, not sure it was in the manga): the 4th was inteligent guy, unlike naruto. These inteligent guys invent new jutsus (Rasengan, god of death summoning, other summoning,...), stupid guys cannot go beyond some level, thus will never become Hokage.
I hope after loosing a fight and best friend Naruto will mature and become more like Jiraiya/4th.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 17:03   Link #53
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

I agree Ero-sennin, Naruto has to lose his childishness, but the guy is only 13. By that time i was just beginning to look at girls' asses. These guys are way to mature for their age.
Anyways, Naruto doesn't have a choise, Jiraiya told kakashi something like:"Your level isn't enough anymore." It's not just for training him, it's for protecting him.
He should get stronger without using Kyuubi. Also teaching him that Gama Kichi Shibari No Jutsu (Jiraiya Vs. Itachi) would be awesome or that Underground:Swamp of underworld.
Who ever said Jiraiya had sucky jutsu. Image the floor underneath you disseapering. Naruto always needs one a a specific kind. 1 katon jutsu, 1 Suiton jutsu, etc. he'll improvise for himself anyway.
hokagenaruto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 20:39   Link #54
wb_hicks

if naruto was to learn some defensive jutsus he would be a better fighter because his offence is good but his defense says openings. i hope this brings up a change in narutos character maybe a new outfit to boot. but knowing naruto character he going to be training 3 to 4 times harder since the mission was a failure.
wb_hicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-08, 21:42   Link #55
Akumabito

He will probably continue under Jiraiya and then (hopefully, maybe) they could bring back the forbidden scrolls and allow Naruto to study from it. At least I think it would be pretty cool and would allow him to get some new stuff that we haven't seen.
Akumabito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-09, 06:01   Link #56
Divination

y doesnt naruto make up his own technique?
Divination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 01:27   Link #57
hokagenaruto3
Crescent & Star

no, he improvises with them.
hokagenaruto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 02:58   Link #58
Lunas
Enraged elf lover

Send a message via ICQ to Lunas Send a message via AIM to Lunas Send a message via MSN to Lunas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divination
y doesnt naruto make up his own technique?
he did make up his own it is called the sexy technique
Lunas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 06:26   Link #59
Neophos
I´m from Sweden ^_^

Send a message via AIM to Neophos Send a message via MSN to Neophos
About the have-2-summons thing, i think it should be possible.

just diffrent handseals. The toad got like, boar dog sheep and something..>_> cant remember them...

and imagine Naruto with that staff...and then add Rasengan to it...Rasengan + really long range = O.O

just random ideas here...
Neophos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-10, 07:15   Link #60
Unit01

The manga would be butt crap if it turns out naruto learns super jutsu after super jutsu. What about the other ones? Are they just morons that learn one thing every full moon?
Unit01 is offline   Reply With Quote