Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-10-15, 14:47   Link #41
naantje
Annoyance :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bricefabber
If you look at Samurai anime (Kenshin is a good example), you'll see that they run like that too. The reason is because of their swords. You have to take your sword way back in order to striker harder and faster. If you ran with your sword in front of your body, your strike wouldn't be as strong. It's just the way they used to run back in the samurai/ninja days to allow quicker sword slashes.
thats actually one of the few sensible explanations :O
naantje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 14:55   Link #42
naantje

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Lamer
Firstly, I run 3 miles a day as exercise. I also was on the track and field team in highschool, so I think I know a little something about my body, and running. Second, what exactly is your "major" in which you seem to know so much? Third, have you even HEARD of other methods of running? Although you can't run at the speed of light, you CAN run quite proficiently using the method used in the anime, which is an ACTUAL form of running. Commenting about how its use in an anime = it is fictional just prove your ignorance on the subject.

Protip: Double -> dashing the "normal" way produces more speed, however it also uses more of your energy. Use -> "aerodynamic lean acceleration" for long distances.

Thanks to kiai for that term, I've never heard it in all my life. :P
i never implied the method was fictional please put on ur reading glasses, and running 3 miles a day doesnt mean u are an expert on the human body.. and if this way of running is so superdeluxe.. why dont u ever see people besides geeks @ anime-cons run like that?? oh and i study to become a physical therapist ( i actually dont know how to translate it properly so ull have to bear with me )
Old 2004-10-15, 14:56   Link #43
Real
....Elemental....

This is by far the funniest thread I've ever read (actually the comparison of Aoi to the 2nd is pretty close)....Some of these defenses, just rambling posts that make little, to no sense(don't wanna mention names, I don't mean everyone)....

I can see the argument for carrying a sword, and how that could be justification, but clearly none of the people shown running this way carry swords.

Can't wait for this thread to be locked or forgoten
Real is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 15:02   Link #44
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

Quote:
There is no "fastest way" to run. You know why the human body auto-magically swings it's arms when it runs? Because its a subconcious habit/instinct/reflex to maintain balance. The faster you run, the more air resistance your rentirely UNaerodynamic body recieves.

From my point of view, its a combination of stealth, like typetenchi said (Seriously, do you know how much NOISE a long sleeve tshirt generates as you flap your chicken wings the "normal" way? Let alone multiple layers!) as well as balance. If you'll notice, they also lean forward a great deal. The speeds they typically run at help maintain their balance (see: air resistance) as well as the arms, which act sorta like sticking one arm or leg out when you cock your body to the side.
I might haved to adopt this in to my signature (part of your quote)

Last edited by kiai; 2004-11-02 at 04:25.
kiai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 15:12   Link #45
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by naantje
i never implied the method was fictional please put on ur reading glasses,
Quote:
i could elaborate cuz i major in these kinds of things but the effort seems a little wasted in a discussion about how animated char's run in a fictional anime.
I dont know about you, but thats what it looked like.

Quote:
and running 3 miles a day doesnt mean u are an expert on the human body..
No, but running 3 miles a day for 9 years (I'm 24) along with attending a little medical school and studing human anatomy as a hobby means I know my own body pretty damn well.

Quote:
and if this way of running is so superdeluxe.. why dont u ever see people besides geeks @ anime-cons run like that??
I never said it was super deluxe. I was however stating that it does have certain advantages to dashing, and as previously stated it does have strong relations to swordsmanship (IIRC that IS how the method was invented, it later evolved, since not everybody has a katana strapped to their hip)

As for gaijins... well, I don't condone their retardation, and acts of imitation.

Quote:
oh and i study to become a physical therapist ( i actually dont know how to translate it properly so ull have to bear with me )
Thats cool, however unless you're one of those geniuses who graduate before 17-18 like everyone else, you have attended - at most - 2 years. While I dont doubt you are competent in human anatomy and the limits of the body, I do doubt that you know how different styles of running benefit a person. You know as well as I do that although our bodies are similar, they aren't exact.
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 15:19   Link #46
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

Quote:
There is no "fastest way" to run. You know why the human body auto-magically swings it's arms when it runs? Because its a subconcious habit/instinct/reflex to maintain balance. The faster you run, the more air resistance your rentirely UNaerodynamic body recieves.

From my point of view, its a combination of stealth, like typetenchi said (Seriously, do you know how much NOISE a long sleeve tshirt generates as you flap your chicken wings the "normal" way? Let alone multiple layers!) as well as balance. If you'll notice, they also lean forward a great deal. The speeds they typically run at help maintain their balance (see: air resistance) as well as the arms, which act sorta like sticking one arm or leg out when you cock your body to the side.
Walk
on
your
hands

Last edited by kiai; 2004-11-02 at 04:22.
Old 2004-10-15, 15:21   Link #47
A Lamer
あほぉ&

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiai
Walk
on
your
hands
hardcore drinking is bad for your health.
A Lamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 15:22   Link #48
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

I know I spilled water in my keyboard from drinking already and it went haywire. It did only so happen that every time I used the spacebar it return down a line down but would not a let me type more than four words.

Last edited by kiai; 2004-11-02 at 04:33.
Old 2004-10-15, 15:24   Link #49
Gon the Freec
1337 member ......

this thread rovks !
Gon the Freec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 15:31   Link #50
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gon the Freec
this thread rovks !
]
]
Yes
I think
it

does "right now" lean forward a great deal.
]
Quote:
There is no "fastest way" to run. You know why the human body auto-magically swings it's arms when it runs? Because its a subconcious habit/instinct/reflex to maintain balance. The faster you run, the more air resistance your rentirely UNaerodynamic body recieves. Seriously, do you know how much NOISE a long sleeve tshirt generates as you flap your chicken wings the "normal" way? Let alone multiple layers!) as well as balance. If you'll notice, they also "right now" lean forward a great deal.
Old 2004-10-15, 15:32   Link #51
Gunboat Diplomat
Honey Flash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblahmaster
I noticed that in the recent arc, the crew plus that running dude all ran with their arms behind their back like they were a part of the special Olympics or something, but it disturbs me even more that in the new opening to Naruto, EVERYONE does it.

Compare it to the way they ran at the end of the 3rd opening.. I MUCH prefer the NORMAL way of running to this weird ass dislocated shoulder crap.
I am astonished at the number of people who try to rationalize how this can be a reasonable way to run. It clearly has no advantages in stealth and if it were at all efficient, we'd see more athletes run this way.
This is another example of people trying too hard to explain how pieces of fiction is somehow real. I'm happy to enjoy a fun piece of fiction so why aren't they?

Anyway, it seems clear to me that it is merely a stylistic choice unique to anime (since I haven't seen it anywhere else). The original poster doesn't like this style and that's simply a matter of taste. Some like the openeing music while others don't...

I suspect that the idea behind that running style is that they're running so fast that their arms can't keep up with their bodies and, thus, trail behind them, just how you see them...
Gunboat Diplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 15:32   Link #52
XioVicious
A fallen Angel.

I didnt feel like feeding the all the pages so not sure if anyone typed this. But it is slower to run like that. I am a runner myself (plays football) so I know the trick's of the trade. Swinging your arms 90 degree angle forward and back, thumb going to pokcet and up is a faster way. Like this, Try walk fast and move your arms slowly. Easy, but try to walk slow and move arms fast. The way they are running is using more gravity then anything else. Probably better at conserving energy.
XioVicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 15:33   Link #53
naantje

Quote:

No, but running 3 miles a day for 9 years (I'm 24) along with attending a little medical school and studing human anatomy as a hobby means I know my own body pretty damn well.

I never said it was super deluxe. I was however stating that it does have certain advantages to dashing, and as previously stated it does have strong relations to swordsmanship (IIRC that IS how the method was invented, it later evolved, since not everybody has a katana strapped to their hip)

As for gaijins... well, I don't condone their retardation, and acts of imitation.

Thats cool, however unless you're one of those geniuses who graduate before 17-18 like everyone else, you have attended - at most - 2 years. While I dont doubt you are competent in human anatomy and the limits of the body, I do doubt that you know how different styles of running benefit a person. You know as well as I do that although our bodies are similar, they aren't exact.
i really dont wanna discuss this anymore, but of all the things ive seen heard learned and experienced.. the 'standard' way is the best.. let's leave it at that mkay ? pretty pointless discussion anyway ;D
Old 2004-10-15, 15:37   Link #54
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

run
on
your
hands

Last edited by kiai; 2004-11-02 at 04:38.
Old 2004-10-15, 15:44   Link #55
Real
....Elemental....

Quote:
You sound so easily amused. I know what, you'll be added as my signature for now. Btw the only difference between his thread and my "only" thread is mine
only
wasn't started by an idiot.
I'm not gonna touch that.....

Quote:
i really dont wanna discuss this anymore, but of all the things ive seen heard learned and experienced.. the 'standard' way is the best.. let's leave it at that mkay ? pretty pointless discussion anyway ;D
Couldn't agree with you more
Old 2004-10-15, 15:44   Link #56
bricefabber

Quote:
I didnt u didnt. didnt u
What?
kiai, I'm afraid most of your posts don't make much sense...
As for the running. Yes, swinging your arms helps propel you forward because your arms drag your body forward. It seems like in the anime, they run the "weird" way when they are running at high speed. At low speed, they seem to prefer the traditional way.
bricefabber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-10-15, 15:49   Link #57
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunboat Diplomat
I am astonished at the number of people who try to rationalize how this can be a reasonable way to run.
What is running per say? Answered:
Quote:
There is no "fastest way" to run. You know why the human body auto-magically swings it's arms when it runs? Because its a subconcious habit/instinct/reflex to maintain balance. The faster you run, the more air resistance your rentirely UNaerodynamic body recieves. Seriously, do you know how much NOISE a long sleeve tshirt generates as you flap your chicken wings the "normal" way? Let alone multiple layers!) as well as balance. If you'll notice, they also "right now" lean forwarswecrecd:d a great deal.
]

Last edited by kiai; 2004-10-15 at 15:59.
Old 2004-10-15, 15:58   Link #58
naantje

kiai ->
Old 2004-10-15, 16:01   Link #59
Real
....Elemental....

Quote:
kiai ->

LMFAO (litteraly) too funny.....
Old 2004-10-15, 16:02   Link #60
kiai
Wa-Gati-Mashita

Quote:

nuff
said

Quote:
kiai -> [IMG]http://members.lycos.nl/naantje/hihi.jpg[IMG]
What

Quote:
Originally Posted by Real
I'm not gonna touch that.....
huh
Quote: