Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2011-01-27, 07:51   Link #41
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post
Kushina's body was buried (DNA Available), but her soul is sealed in the Death God.
Not true. She never preformed the death god seal (it was Minato who did this). All Kushina did was use her chakra to keep the kyuubi away while Minato preforms the seal (she even tried to draw the kyuubi inside of her, so when she dies kyuubi will be gone to (that is for some time before he appears again)). All Minato did was seal some of hers chakra inside of Naruto's seal. Otherwise she is dead but her soul is wherever souls go in Naruto world, not inside the death god. There is a panel which shows that only Minato's soul and kyuubi's part were being eaten by death god.
Old 2011-01-27, 08:47   Link #42
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotengu View Post
On the bright side I would LOVE to see the White fang summoned instead of Dan the medical ninja, as zombies don't need medics.
Same here, though Kabuto and Tsunade showed in their fight that medical jutsu can be really effective even in offensive combat.

But Dan was never mentioned to be a medical ninja. He just strongly supported Tsunade's suggestion to include med nin in every unit. He's probably fairly strong since he had real intentions of becoming Hokage and Kabuto's rezzing highly (in)famous ninjas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchie View Post

I'm rooting for Shikamaru taking down a Kage
He'll come up with a winning strategy for sure. Looks like Muu will be handled by the 3rd Tsuchikage and Gaara will most likely face off with his dad, leaving 2nd Mizukage and 3rd Raikage for the rest of the squad.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 09:41   Link #43
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
crazy chapter so far Kabuto has summoned
all akatsuki
all jinchuuriki
7 swordsman
previous kages

whats next? sannin's parents? kabuto's father? oro's father?? kakashi's father?
The Sage of the 6 Paths and the Younger and Older Brother... maybe... (the coffin was blocked and Madara was quite... surprised... or it was Madara's friend... the one he killed for the Eternal Mangekyou Sharingan)
Old 2011-01-27, 10:18   Link #44
Kallen4life

well if Kabuto ressurrects Rikudou sage I'll drop naruto .. enough's enough .. it's already over the top and the zombies defeats WILL look pathetic, it's virtually unavoidable .. they're some of the the strongest ninja in history, tons of em AND they're immortal, but they'll have to lose to some kids + a few old-timers, all of whom are mortal

the way I can see it ending with their threat being legitimate is at least for some of them not to lose/die to the good guys, possibly kill some of them or at least come close .. and then get dispelled either because someone forced Kabuto to do so (end Edo Tensei) or because Kabuto lied about the jutsu not ending with his death .. Madara of course being the best candidate, followed possibly by Sasuke .. can't see Naruto bothering with Kabuto at all, he'll have his hands full with the Sharinnehax
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 10:24   Link #45
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

One of scenario for ending is to happens something like Matrix Naruto giving his life so the kyuubi can defeat opponents (and creating peace between bijju's and humans)
Old 2011-01-27, 11:36   Link #46
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan kyuubi View Post
Not true. She never preformed the death god seal (it was Minato who did this). All Kushina did was use her chakra to keep the kyuubi away while Minato preforms the seal (she even tried to draw the kyuubi inside of her, so when she dies kyuubi will be gone to (that is for some time before he appears again)). All Minato did was seal some of hers chakra inside of Naruto's seal. Otherwise she is dead but her soul is wherever souls go in Naruto world, not inside the death god. There is a panel which shows that only Minato's soul and kyuubi's part were being eaten by death god.
It is possible that the concept of Kabuto not being able to ressurect anyone sealed within the Death God is actually the same for anyone sealed no matter what seal was used. It makes a lot of sense that way. Technically Kushina's chakra was sealed inside Naruto not her soul so if Kushina was buried then Kabuto has access to her DNA. This means there has to be something preventing Kabuto from ressurecting her or maybe he doesn't exactly consider Kushina all that powerful or worthy of ressurecting. Maybe she will appear later.

Last edited by LadyKikyo91; 2011-01-27 at 11:51.
LadyKikyo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 12:24   Link #47
xPresagio

Yeah, this was one of the best chapters from recent times.

*Although I did not like the explanation that the new zombies would be wary to attack, when seeing their opponents splitting. They are zombies, and this is not their war. They have NOTHING to lose, then should fear nothing (except love-no-jutsu, that's it).

*Back when Sai joined Orochimaru, there was a scene when Kabuto clearly shown his disposition to collect bodies and sealing them in scrolls. Oro even mocked him for being so methodical.

This multi Edo Tensei is the result of both efforts.

*It does beg the question on why Kabuto has not yet revived anyone from the Uzumaki clan. - They were supposed to be quite unique and relevant for Konoha (where he is from, and where did most of the spying work).

...On the other hand, they seem to have no reputation at all. No one has ever mentioned or referenced them at all.

*For some reason, seeing the Kin-Gin brothers brought me terrible memories of one of the early filler anime chapters (They were Konoha's prisoners).

*Good to see that Madara had the common sense to strike the weakest link.. the country leaders. He will be paving the way for Naruto to take the credit of "reforming" the current World's order.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~ ~~~~

*Original Ino-Shika-Chou to the rescue!! There are no stinking-good-for-nothing women there, so great things are expected from them.
Even sacrifice.

._
xPresagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 12:30   Link #48
milan kyuubi
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xPresagio View Post
*It does beg the question on why Kabuto has not yet revived anyone from the Uzumaki clan. - They were supposed to be quite unique and relevant for Konoha (where he is from, and where did most of the spying work).
The most obvious reason is that Kishi only recently decided to make Uzumaki's special. After all the Raikage gave no visible expression when he heard Naruto's name, strange since his village tried to kidnap Kushina.
Old 2011-01-27, 12:39   Link #49
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Technically, Nagato is an Uzumaki so one has been raised.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 13:12   Link #50
DeDe
Ino-Shika-Cho

Interesting that Kinkaku(Golden Horn) and Ginkaku(Silver Horn) are both demons from the Journey to the West. They even have a gourd. I believe their power was to say your name and you get sucked into the gourd and turned into rice wine. They were tricked into their saying their own names and got trapped in the gourd. So we probably got a good idea of their powers. Maybe they were able to suck some of the Kyuubi's chakra? They have the same facial markings as Naruto.

I agree with james that this seems more like a war. This was a much better chapter than just seeing Kakashi beat up some zombies. I am not crazy though about expanding on bloodline limits.

The Mizukage is still not there. Could she be guarding the Daiymo? I am very interested in what Kishi is doing with Zetsu.

Shikamaru and Temari fighting together. Please don't blow it Kishi.

Quote:
Original Ino-Shika-Chou to the rescue!! There are no stinking-good-for-nothing women there, so great things are expected from them.
Even sacrifice.
I do expect them to die. Shikaku got a lot of hype this chapter. Even the Raikage fanboyed him. He set the bar Shikamaru will jump over. So it might be time for him to exit stage left. Hiashi Hyuuga too.
Old 2011-01-27, 13:24   Link #51
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Crazy episode. It really doesnt make any sense anymore.
Honestly... why was Kabuto afraid of Madara.

How is Madara going to beat an army of Kabuto like that with extremely overpowered ninja's?
I really hope that these characters will meet their walls soon. Because it'll be lame if Naruto and Sasuke can pretty much walk into any other village and destroy it at will... and walk out like nothing happend. That is pretty much what Pain did... and these guy's seem even more powerfull.

Still... i hope important characters are going to die.
So far nothing happend which made this war dramatic.

Not only that... am i the only one who feels that this war is being rushed?
It's like playing Age of Empires, Rome Total War. Army's gathered... full scale attack.
War normally take months or years... so far it seems and probably just one or two days passed.
Old 2011-01-27, 14:18   Link #52
astayanax
Conspiracy Theorist

Quote:
How is Madara going to beat an army of Kabuto like that with extremely overpowered ninja's?
If 16 year old kids can do it, I am sure Madara could. The problem Kishi is facing is he is introducing these 'extremely overpowered ninjas' but refuses to make them play an integral part of the plot (aka actually defeating people of significane)

Anyway, plot wise Madara has instant teleport, dimension phasing, all of Rinnegan powers (including the 1 hit unblockable soul rip), and as a last resort Izanagi. This isn't even looking into the possibility of him having MS powers and EMS powers (although I suspect this will be saved for Sasuke instead)

Madara is the most overpowered character atm - by far.
Old 2011-01-27, 14:38   Link #53
Kallen4life

yet it's ok, because he doesn't do much so far

supposedly immortal unstoppable kage-level zombies with unique abilities being beaten by the will of fire, love & friendship (or badass decay) is worse
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-01-27, 14:41   Link #54
xPresagio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Honestly... why was Kabuto afraid of Madara
Most of us saw such disparity right from the beginning, and just had to accept it (at least for the time being).

Naruto (and to larger extent, Bleach) always suffered in the bad-vs-good characters ratio. It would have been far more interesting if the author had set up an all-out war BETWEEN nations, specially having part of Konoha as one of the enemies (while Naruto leaded a "renegade" faction).

But since Madara's White Zetsu army has proven to be quite boring and ineffectual (I mean, it looks like a few AoE attacks from the Tsuchikage would probably decimate a good portion of them), I say.. bring the multi Edo Tensei!

But I do agree that the zombies are being defeated way too easily, and the Shinobi have won almost unscattered. When you compare that scene with Sasuke and a whole field of nameless ninja down vs this "war"... well, this just pales.

Hopefully, the tide will change soon.
After all, Kabuto can EASILY defeat Shikaku's strategy by un/summon the zombies around, as he seems fit.
Hell, he should just make the "invisible" kage take a detour, and make him call all the forces, right outside of the Command center.

We'd now be talking.
._

** It worked for Pain..

Last edited by xPresagio; 2011-01-27 at 14:59.
xPresagio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 14:42   Link #55
SeanQ

Uhh these kages still have a mind -_- Can't Gaara take this opportunity to just give a "Jesus" speech and they will all decay?
Old 2011-01-27, 15:24   Link #56
Kallen4life

maybe he will wit his dad

- Hey, Dad, guess what. Naruto is my best bro now, he pulled me from the darkness, yadda-yadda, he is NinjaJesus AND the main character in a shonen manga. I am supposed to give you my own son-father version of the speech and then you disintegrate away happily. But I'm too sexy for my sand armor, so how about you stop taking up my precious panel time and just go away quietly. Noone cares anyway, you were killed off-screen.
- K, son. Bye.
We are Blackwatch
Old 2011-01-27, 15:34   Link #57
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
Does anyone care about the 7 Mist Swordsmen now after we have guys with horns wearing Native American headdresses and uber Kages? I don't give a bleep about the rage of Kakashi now. I want Kage fights!

I give Kishi credit. He has made things very interesting without Naruto and Sasuke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Johnny 5 View Post
Not only that... am i the only one who feels that this war is being rushed?
It's like playing Age of Empires, Rome Total War. Army's gathered... full scale attack.
War normally take months or years... so far it seems and probably just one or two days passed.
Obviously more time has passed. It could be a week since the armies left in chapter 515. I actually like the pace so far.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 15:42   Link #58
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
Interesting that Kinkaku(Golden Horn) and Ginkaku(Silver Horn) are both demons from the Journey to the West. They even have a gourd. I believe their power was to say your name and you get sucked into the gourd and turned into rice wine. They were tricked into their saying their own names and got trapped in the gourd. So we probably got a good idea of their powers. Maybe they were able to suck some of the Kyuubi's chakra? They have the same facial markings as Naruto.

I agree with james that this seems more like a war. This was a much better chapter than just seeing Kakashi beat up some zombies. I am not crazy though about expanding on bloodline limits.

The Mizukage is still not there. Could she be guarding the Daiymo? I am very interested in what Kishi is doing with Zetsu.

Shikamaru and Temari fighting together. Please don't blow it Kishi.

I do expect them to die. Shikaku got a lot of hype this chapter. Even the Raikage fanboyed him. He set the bar Shikamaru will jump over. So it might be time for him to exit stage left. Hiashi Hyuuga too.

The fifth Mizukage will probably show up to fight Yagura or something like that. Zetus is probably there to kill all of the Daimyo.

When it comes to ShikaTema considering this is Kishi I'm not holding my breath. I kind of hope he will give some fan service or something. But knowing Kishi Temari will probably sit there are look concerned why Shikamaru thinks of some genius plan or fights someone immensely powerful. I still hope that Temari will look completely bad ass in the next chapter though.

Last edited by LadyKikyo91; 2011-01-27 at 16:00.
LadyKikyo91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-27, 16:55   Link #59
Mr. Johnny 5
Konoha's ANBU

Quote:
Most of us saw such disparity right from the beginning, and just had to accept it (at least for the time being).

Naruto (and to larger extent, Bleach) always suffered in the bad-vs-good characters ratio. It would have been far more interesting if the author had set up an all-out war BETWEEN nations, specially having part of Konoha as one of the enemies (while Naruto leaded a "renegade" faction).

But since Madara's White Zetsu army has proven to be quite boring and ineffectual (I mean, it looks like a few AoE attacks from the Tsuchikage would probably decimate a good portion of them), I say.. bring the multi Edo Tensei!

But I do agree that the zombies are being defeated way too easily, and the Shinobi have won almost unscattered. When you compare that scene with Sasuke and a whole field of nameless ninja down vs this "war"... well, this just pales.

Hopefully, the tide will change soon.
After all, Kabuto can EASILY defeat Shikaku's strategy by un/summon the zombies around, as he seems fit.
Hell, he should just make the "invisible" kage take a detour, and make him call all the forces, right outside of the Command center.

We'd now be talking.
._

** It worked for Pain..
LoL the goons that Sasuke defeated...that was probably a simple genjutsu training from Orochimaru. Or they were simple villagers disguised as ninja's.

Every War.... not one excluded... has drama. Drama to others... drama to the story. So unless Kakashi and some of the rookies 9 die... i will be disappointed by it's drama. And LoL indeed... Kakashi's rage... who cares... i wanna see Gaara and his troops vs the Kages.

Most certainly will Gaara protect the fodder nin and later on... decide to fight alone. Kage vs Kages. Gaara is still one of the baddest ninja's in Naruto.
In my opinion... far better/stronger then Kakashi. The moment the real ninja's arrive... the ANBU's... will be the moment that the war will quickly end. They kill and die fast. Very fast.
Old 2011-01-27, 17:13   Link #60
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
I just don't see Kishi killing off major name characters. And by major, I mean Kakashi, Gaara, and the Konoha 11 + Sai.

Characters I feel are going to die.

Hiashi Hyuuga
Darui
The old Ino-Shika-Cho now that they are fighting. Too bad Kabuto doesn't read the manga. Otherwise he would kill Shikaku as quickly as possible given he is the smartest guy in the Alliance.
Kitsuchi
Oonoki
Raikage

The problem though is they are all older and none really have a strong attachment to the audience. I don't even see him killing Tsunade. Would fans be satisfied if this were the death toll?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKikyo91 View Post
But knowing Kishi Temari will probably sit there are look concerned why Shikamaru thinks of some genius plan or fights someone immensely powerful. I still hope that Temari will look completely bad ass in the next chapter though.
Like what happened with Tayuya...oh wait. To be fair unlike say, NaruHina, NaruSaku, SasuSaku, and every other stupid pairing in this manga, they have been portrayed as equals. In the others, the guy is clearly the stronger one.

Kishi has been rehashing his Part 1 crap. So expect the "men are no good without women" or "bitchy girl shows her soft side to guy she likes" stuff to pop up with Shikamaru and Temari.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion