AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-15, 16:30   Link #41
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I never would have expected Cavendish to have a split personality, especially the "Hakuba" persona being the original one.
Old 2014-01-15, 16:37   Link #42
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
Yea, if Rebecca can dodge him, Zoro would wreck him easily.
There is a difference between a Kenbunshoku Haki user (Rebecca) dodging one slash amongst 20 competitors compared to receiving the full attention of 20 slashes. It was also stated that the Hakuba form isn't very effective in match style fighting...whatever that means
Old 2014-01-15, 16:55   Link #43
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
There is a difference between a Kenbunshoku Haki user (Rebecca) dodging one slash amongst 20 competitors compared to receiving the full attention of 20 slashes. It was also stated that the Hakuba form isn't very effective in match style fighting...whatever that means
i gotta agree he is no match for zoro based on when we have seen so far. I am sure he has much more up his sleeve tho but cant really make a call on it until we see it. Zoro tho is just being portrayed as super op.

That being said I do also agree with what you said about barley dodging one random strike when he was just attacking everyone and not one person is not as impressive as it looks.
Old 2014-01-15, 17:10   Link #44
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidguy View Post
It was also stated that the Hakuba form isn't very effective in match style fighting...whatever that means
It means he collapses after using the technique, which makes it useless in a last man standing arena fight.

Last edited by james0246; 2014-01-15 at 17:21.
Old 2014-01-15, 17:16   Link #45
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Hakuba form isn't very effective in match style fighting...whatever that means
It means that if he just falls asleep, he won't be able to claim the win, since this is a tournament based on being the last man standing.
Old 2014-01-15, 17:35   Link #46
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

That makes alota sense lul
Old 2014-01-15, 17:36   Link #47
SeanQ

what happens if someone conquer hakis him lol
Old 2014-01-15, 18:42   Link #48
Zenex
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
what happens if someone conquer hakis him lol
then he is unconcious not sleeping and he cant do anything like everyone else
Old 2014-01-15, 22:48   Link #49
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 734
That was a good chapter. Dalfomingo’s view of the battlefield is lagging behind reality(Thunder Soldier and Luffy not where they are supposed to be or not included in the plan). Has for Bartolomeo, is he confused about the fight with D block or is he really ignorant about Lucy’s true identity? You always expect the Marines to be well informed but Sabo (revolutionary) is just has informed too. His knowledge of Hakuba/Cavendish is really impressive seeing how just about everyone else clueless.

Sabo and Violet working together?
Violet seems to be in the right place at the right time. Even with her Giro Giro No Mi I say it is too convenient. How did she know Luffy, Zoro, and Kinmone would be in animal costumes? I think she is taking orders from Sabo. I will say this Violet sure knows how to take advantage of the situation. She has literally been the key player in the Straw hats turn around since they arrival at Dressrosa. After all Luffy and Revolutionary have the same goal for now. I wonder what is CP0 roll in this arch besides the false news? Are they there because they know the Revolutionary are trying to take Dressrosa?

True Master Mind and beginning of a revolution?
What did Daflamingo mean when he said Violet wanted him to split the alliance and what is so special about this day? The way Daflamingo is talking Violet seems to be a really good tactician (Maybe better then Law). If Sabo and Violet are working together it will explain the special day and Violets actions. I think what makes today speacial is the fact the revolutionary was going to start the assault on Dressrosa. In return the Rikku Family sides the the revolutionary. If the theory is true then Daflamingo is going to have bigger concerns on his hand. Second we get to see how Revolutionary take over countries and kingdoms. Revolutionary( Dragon) send trusted and powerful members of is crew (Like Sabo) to identify key local allies has well has weaknesses( Thunder Soldier, Tonton Clan, Sugar, and toy factory) and then assist in resisting and destroying the present establishment(Donquixote family). Also the way Daflamingo is talking Violet, Rebecca, and King Rikku have gone there separate ways in trying to defeat Daflamingo. Both Rebecca and King Rikku are seeking the fruit and Violet sounds like she working with the revolutionary. Out of the three Voilet seems better suited,very cunning, well planned, and Rebecca is step closer to the fruit then King Rikku.

Cavendish/Hakuba
There are a lot of questions surrounding both. Like how strong is he? Vice Admiral Bastille said he ran into Cavendish and Hakuba is supposed to be stronger. Second if this is split personality does that mean Cavendish and Hakuba can both have their own separate devil fruit? Cavendish wants the Mera Mera No Mi, what kind of devil fruit does Hakuba want? If Cavendish were to eat the Mera Mera No Mi would Hakuba be able to use it and vice versa? Will Sugar’s Hobi Hobi No Mi work on Cavendish/Hakuba? With Cavendish/Hakuba heading to were all losers head this could work for or against the Straw Hats. Cavendish does not like Luffy and if Hakuba holds similar feelings towards Luffy then they will have a serious enemy on there hand at the factory.
Old 2014-01-15, 23:00   Link #50
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I sure that devil fruit powers don't change depending on personalities...it wouldn't really make much sense if you could have multiple devil fruits just because you have multiple personalities.
Old 2014-01-15, 23:26   Link #51
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

^
I would agree with you if it weren't for all the crazy stuff both natural and man made that has happened when adding devil fruits to the equation.
Old 2014-01-15, 23:35   Link #52
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
According to Doflamingo, Luffy is "from an evil lineage". Maybe the Ds are the successors of the nobility/royalty of the poneglyth creators?
Now there's a highlight I might look into.
Old 2014-01-16, 00:21   Link #53
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

From these 2 chapters,

-Cavendish might be part of the revolutionaries
-Cavendish might be under sabo or just a fellow revolutionary army officer. They could be working with each other to recover the mera fruit and or go against doflamingo. This could be why sabo seemed to be disappointed that Cavendish lost.

and

Spoiler for Sabo/kaido related. Don't read if you think it's nonsense:

Reasoning: the comments sabo made in the last two chapters. Sabo seems to know cavendish much more than we originally might have thought.

----

Another interesting thing was how Doflamingo said that Viola asked him to break up the alliance. I wonder if she is planning to betray the strawhats ( if that is so maybe to protect Rebecca and king Riku). Maybe we get an emotional scene where She finally decides to trust the strawhats and ask for their help ( similar to Nami).

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2014-01-16 at 01:44.
Old 2014-01-16, 01:50   Link #54
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Having different opinions about one piece related theories doesn't mean i am trolling. I always backed my theories with evidence and was always very respectful toward every one else's posts and opinions . But whatever, I am done posting in one piece section of the forum.

Last edited by Whitemoon648; 2014-01-17 at 07:22.
Old 2014-01-16, 05:06   Link #55
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

oh wow! I almost furious when I saw Rebecca stood up... Is she possessed King's Haki?!?! hahaha
thanks god, I'm wrong
shipping her as strawhat crews still worth!

Doflamingo is starting to miscalculate... meanwhile, I got excited too much to see the finals
Sabo vs Bartholomew vs Rebecca
Old 2014-01-16, 09:27   Link #56
Zenex
Banned

[snip]

We don't know anything about the revs really yet and anyone could be one.
The navy knows a lot about Candevish does that make them rev soldiers?

Sabo knows about him because he is a new world pirate and a rev army soldier he probably knows a lot about a lot.

Sabo is not Kaido no offense but that is the worst prediction I have ever read. Kaido is a yonko and Sabo is rev member under Dragon. Kaido is a ruthless strategic killer and Sabo is not. We have seen glimpses of Kaido and he looks not a thing like Sabo.

I could go on but i think you know all this and are just trolling. Also you know eveyone thinks that theory is B.s and you keep bringing it up just to stir stuff up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
oh wow! I almost furious when I saw Rebecca stood up... Is she possessed King's Haki?!?! hahaha
thanks god, I'm wrong
shipping her as strawhat crews still worth!

Doflamingo is starting to miscalculate... meanwhile, I got excited too much to see the finals
Sabo vs Bartholomew vs Rebecca
Do not forget about Burgess, If these four fight I'm willing to say it is a fight between Sabo and Burgess. Bart is strong but I put Sabo around Luffy which I put above Bart and Rebecca by a decent gap. Burgess we do not know but I would imagine he is a big target in the new world being a commander of the new yonko and he has stayed alive for a few year so I would say he must be pretty strong.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2014-01-16 at 22:26. Reason: Don't prolong this...
Old 2014-01-16, 12:58   Link #57
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Doflamingo is kinda stupid or too high on his horse to think that Luffy won't be able to get out "a human" (i.e. not turned into a toy). Franky isn't even the most powerful of the bunch, yet he's wrecking his executives, how can he assume that Luffy is weak? At least he still sees Zoro as a threat...
Old 2014-01-16, 13:18   Link #58
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomlex View Post
Doflamingo is kinda stupid or too high on his horse to think that Luffy won't be able to get out "a human" (i.e. not turned into a toy). Franky isn't even the most powerful of the bunch, yet he's wrecking his executives, how can he assume that Luffy is weak? At least he still sees Zoro as a threat...
I thought it was the other way around? Isn't Franky getting "wrecked" by the executives?

Still, your point is correct, DoFlamingo's arrogance is much worse than I could expect.

That aside, I find myself not interested at all by the whole Cavendish/Hakuba reveal. Beyond the lameness of the power (which is a complete waste of the idea of a somnambulism), the erratic nature of the technique is seemingly improvident. I was never particularly interested in the character before, and sadly the recent reveal does nothing to raise my interests.
Old 2014-01-16, 14:37   Link #59
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Though there is one odd thing... Doflamingo says that Viola/Violet insisted that he break up the strawhat/Law alliance. Not sure what to make of it, but it could just be another bit about how doflamingo is getting played
Seems like there might have been a mistranslation. Re-read the chapter and one change htey made was that Doflaminigo claimed that Violet was putting all her hopes on the alliance beating Doflamingo, not that she wanted Doflamingo to break them apart
Old 2014-01-16, 18:00   Link #60
marvelB

^Always, ALWAYS take Mangapanda translations with a grain of salt. Always. I wouldn't trust them for a decent translation if my life depended on it, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Remember: We never actually saw someone trying to eat a DF, who already has a power. All the „you can't have more than one DF-power” statements are rumors, nobody ever tried.

They're not "rumors". When CP9 talked about it, they clearly pointed out that the "no more than 1 fruit rule" was established through scientific research. Or are you seriously trying to imply that top secret government agents would be less informed on these matters than the average marine or pirate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
On the other hand we have Blackbeard, a person who definately posessed more than one power at a specific time. (Could be that it was just temporary)
So in fact it could be possible, that the supposed „one fruit limit” doesn't even exist.

Blackbeard is a sole exception to the rule. Remember, Marco even specifically pointed out at Marineford that Teach had an "abnormal" body. Even before that, we had a hint about how unique Teach was when Ace said that he was living "double lives" (something that many people misinterpret as meaning that Teach was twice as old as Ace, but is not the case at all. It would be best to ask Aohige for further details though, since he can explain it much better than I can).

Anyway, my point is that you can't cite Blackbeard as a representative of the "average" DF user, because he's NOT a part of the norm. So I think we can forget about the possibility of Cavendish's alter ego having his own fruit ability, as well (since that's a personality awakened through sleepwalking, not an abnormality in the body).
Closed Thread