Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-18, 12:00   Link #41
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

What, has it come out?

[checks AnimeSuki]

No, there's just the cruddy, badly translated version... I guess I'll have to wait for it to come out before I see it.
Old 2004-01-18, 12:48   Link #42
LiQuid|J
Pantsu Faito!

Have you seen it ashibaka? (I assume you're speaking of the AJ version). If not I hardly think you're in a position to be the judge of it. For the record it isn't "badly translated" (which is quite ironic since that statement itself is poorly translated) and its quality is quite good all around. There's karaoke, which AJ was formerly known to not include, and the video quality is superb. It's definately not the rush job that AJ was infamous for in days past.
Old 2004-01-20, 22:12   Link #43
NorbJunior

Wow..I'm just finishing up the TV series and I'm wicked excited for the OVAs...I'm curious tho...do they both really surpass HnG TV THAT much? B/c a fun continuation..oo.I'd love it. Its so sad to see it end..and with so much left open..
Old 2004-01-20, 22:15   Link #44
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorbJunior
Wow..I'm just finishing up the TV series and I'm wicked excited for the OVAs...I'm curious tho...do they both really surpass HnG TV THAT much? B/c a fun continuation..oo.I'd love it. Its so sad to see it end..and with so much left open..
They don't "surpass" the TV, in any sense, more like complement it more like.

The early episodes of Guu TV had the most back-to-back, without a pause humor. The later episodes slow down a bit, and FINAL especially seems to be focusing more on the story than the humor (there's an actual plot forming and the show seems to be wasting no time in moving on to it)
Old 2004-01-20, 22:16   Link #45
Reinhardt

I was shocked at the good quality too. Seems like Animejunkies has turned around now that they arent trying to release absolutely every new series subbed.

I am enjoying it more than most of Deluxe so far, but the Dama episodes were great in Deluxe.
Old 2004-02-04, 01:22   Link #46
Go-lytely

Seems like this series gets stranger and stranger. I was constantly thinking of why those two puppets were there and why one of them had knives.
Old 2004-02-04, 02:49   Link #47
Keitaro
*Kyuuketsuki Otaku*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go-lytely
Seems like this series gets stranger and stranger. I was constantly thinking of why those two puppets were there and why one of them had knives.
Very strange indeed I'm wondering about that also. I don't get it, is it supposed to be funny?

I wonder if this OVA will finally tell us who the hell GUU is or what in the world is she. Thats one of the reasons why I'm watching this OVA.
Old 2004-03-18, 23:33   Link #48
GWhat789

Send a message via AIM to GWhat789
Talking Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu!!

I'm wondering if there's going to be more Jungle Wa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu FINAL episodes left
Old 2004-03-19, 01:23   Link #49
Thany
Unfair

There are 7 OVA that are coming out one after another, so I guess there is 5x2 episodes left which means there is going to be more, just be patient, the next one should come out soon I think...
Old 2004-06-10, 21:34   Link #50
Guu-chan
Guu-chan

Has the sub finished, or are there more to come?
Old 2004-06-11, 02:46   Link #51
Archaic

DVD 6 (Episodes 11 and 12) came out last month, DVD 7 comes out later this month. Most of the episodes for this series were never subbed, and I don't think the AJ versions of the first few are even available anymore either.

*Points to location, and prods sub groups willing to contribute to the cost of the DVD's*
Old 2004-06-11, 02:50   Link #52
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Yeah, didn't AnimeJunkies get disbanded or something a long while ago?
Old 2004-06-11, 03:10   Link #53
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

It was also being subbed by Anime Coalition, but they only released the first 2 episodes. For some reason those episodes aren't even on their site anymore. Perhaps they think that it has been licensed? I understand that the believed the rumor about the original 26 episodes being licensed. Perhaps they decided that all of the OVAs were also? Does anyone know what is up with them and Jungle Guu?

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Old 2004-06-11, 08:54   Link #54
bluemist
i am the mist

I hope they would still continue. Besides, it's the FINAL episodes already.
Old 2004-06-11, 10:00   Link #55
Archaic

It might be called FINAL, but there's no end in sight.

I never saw any listings for Guu FINAL by AC either on their site, or here. When was this?
Old 2004-06-11, 11:19   Link #56
Riese
Brutal Killer Math Logic

Send a message via ICQ to Riese
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
It was also being subbed by Anime Coalition, but they only released the first 2 episodes. For some reason those episodes aren't even on their site anymore. Perhaps they think that it has been licensed? I understand that the believed the rumor about the original 26 episodes being licensed. Perhaps they decided that all of the OVAs were also? Does anyone know what is up with them and Jungle Guu?
There was a big snafu over Guu being licensed because I believe Anime Nation purchased the a Jungle Guu domain name(or something similar to that.)
However, they just wanted to offer that domain as an option to their anime email subscribers and don't actually have the anime licensed.

Doing a whois on domain name registrations isn't indicitive of licensing but prehaps Anime Co. thinks that AN will eventually license it.
Old 2004-06-12, 08:57   Link #57
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Are you sure they really have subbed the first 2 episodes?
I can't recall something like that.
But they might also have taken them down and might only be distributing them internally like Jarod on their forum had threatened some months ago.

Edit : it seems like they're going to wait to have subbed the whole series to make a torrent of all the episodes.

Last edited by Thany; 2004-06-12 at 09:12.
Old 2004-06-12, 09:11   Link #58
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

On an anime blog, I read "I finally managed to track down the last episodes subbed!"
and they had screens, but they didn't mention where they found it, or who subbed it. So I'm sure there is a copy of them out there somewhere.
Old 2004-06-12, 16:03   Link #59
Guu-chan
Guu-chan

Does anyone know where I can download the FINAL episodes, since Animesuki took them down? I went to the AJ site and couldn't find them.
Old 2004-06-12, 18:17   Link #60
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guu-chan
Does anyone know where I can download the FINAL episodes, since Animesuki took them down? I went to the AJ site and couldn't find them.
I just want to clarify that we don't take down anything unless it is licensed! AJ took it down. We only linked to their torrents.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
Closed Thread