AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-04-22, 14:17   Link #41
Frontier

Lucky Raido and Aharen that their literature teacher is none other than Kana Hanazawa as Tobaru-sensei, and at first it seems like she's going to finally get in the way of their antics until she realizes that the intent behind them and is so touched by the cordiality and esteem that she basically loses herself. She thinks so much like a classical romance novel that she takes Raido trying to help Aharen see the board and study as a courtship and nosebleeds profusely. Poor girl. But she's a perfect fit for this class .

Raido thinks it's time to help Aharen become more expressive, so he tries to train her to react to things more...and admittedly, she does cry at a sad movie, but she doesn't take it as strongly as poor Raido-kun, and Aharen's stoicism is what we love about her .

Aharen discovers the wonders of rap, and it turns out microphones work for her when she's trying to rap, and Raido too masters the art of rapping thanks to his sister and mother so that he and Aharen can better communicate with each other...through rap. And then it goes into a freestyle rap battle as they try to one-up each other and keep the beat going as it becomes the only way they can talk to each other until Aharen takes a break. Of course before they can think to continue the microphones finally get confiscated and it's just not the same without them .

Gotta appreciate the little sister who raps in apology for disregarding her little brother and gives him a gift .

Raido introduces hand-spinners to Aharen and she becomes hand-spinner master Aharen-san, spinning her way through class (to the misunderstanding of Tobaru-sensei yet again) and everywhere (we even see her house!) and then she just hands it to Raido because she was mastering it just to understand what was fun about it the whole time. Just when he was thinking her entire life would become defined by using hand-spinners .

Man, it's like Raido thinks everything is out to kill them, from animals to little kids. Although said little kids (who respect hand-spinner king Aha) have him cowed, especially a little girl like Futaba who is jealous of her childhood friend spending so much time with Aharen and threatens to report Raido if he gets too close .

So once again it comes down to Reversi, and Raido quickly loses to a little girl and manages to save face by using Aharen's excuse that she just let Futaba win. Because there's no way a teenage boy would lose so much to a little girl, right ?

Aharen is such a nice person that she makes Akkun apologize to Futaba for making her upset, but that just about used up all her energy for the day. Good thing her family dog is just waiting on call for her to summon so she can ride him back home in true Aharen fashion .
Old 2022-04-22, 17:16   Link #42
grecefar

the batch of the best characters are here, sensei, the elementary school team and nui, yeah this was the best chapter as now.

the rap was so much fun too.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-22, 18:28   Link #43
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

It's a shame so many people are sleeping on this show, because this is the funniest anime in a very long time.

The sensei was pretty good, but the show really shines when Aharen and Raido are interacting directly with one another. I think what makes them so funny is that contrary to the manzai comedy seen in a lot of anime (and which I like a lot), they're both complete bokkes. Raido tries to be the tsukkomi, but he's as much of an idiot as Aharen so things just escalate.

Rapping Inori Minase is something I didn't know I needed. Raido picked it up really fast too, apparently having a mic helps. Their conversations turning into rap battles was hilarious.

Raido of all people training Aharen in order for her to become more expressive is like Chuck Norris trying to teach Steven Seagal to do the same.

They saved the best for last. Raido, the self-proclaimed Reversi master gets utterly destroyed by a little girl. Aharen does the right thing and lets her win (she actually has more common sense than him!), then rides off into the sunset... on her dog. Perfect way to end the episode.
Old 2022-04-22, 19:25   Link #44
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This is for sure the most underappreciated gem of the season, with Danseur. Everything Komi isn't, in a good way.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-22, 20:55   Link #45
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

Rapping Inori Minase is something I didn't know I needed. Raido picked it up really fast too, apparently having a mic helps. Their conversations turning into rap battles was hilarious..
Someone needs to tell Kongming about two potential rappers he can recruit.
Old 2022-04-22, 21:42   Link #46
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

That's ridin' the dog I can believe in.
Old 2022-04-22, 23:35   Link #47
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
This is for sure the most underappreciated gem of the season, with Danseur. Everything Komi isn't, in a good way.
Maybe it's because I'm still waiting for the Netflix release but despite the bare bones similarities I never think about comparing the two until it comes up .
Old 2022-04-23, 00:09   Link #48
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Another solid episode. I can somewhat understand it being under the radar. I think a comparison to Komi is actually kind of perfect since they are similar but very different.

The supporting cast is a nice strength for this show. Both in their actual characterizations and their role in the story. Even this episode where a lot of focus went to the teacher didn't change that. These two remain the absolute stars of the show. But the teacher, the kids, and even Raido's sister are fun. They play their part and let the stars carry the show. Even the stalker isn't nearly as bad here.

It also helps that Raido is a pretty dumb character too. Thinking he can teach Aharen about being more expressive...when he's incapable of that himself . Also, I've probably never respected rap more than today. Allowing the silliness of this episode gives it a small point of appreciation.

Poor Raido. That kid just demolished him. And he has to swallow the knowledge that Aharen thinks he threw the match like she did .

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2022-04-23 at 00:35.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-04-23, 07:17   Link #49
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Someone needs to tell Kongming about two potential rappers he can recruit.
After finishing the episode, I immediately thought about a cross-over between the two series
It's a rather funny coincidence that Kongming mentions wanting a rapper on Thursday and Aharen raps the next day. You can even add Kaguya into the mix with Shirogane being taught rap in the background.
Old 2022-04-23, 09:11   Link #50
Frontier

Quote:
After finishing the episode, I immediately thought about a cross-over between the two series
It's a rather funny coincidence that Kongming mentions wanting a rapper on Thursday and Aharen raps the next day. You can even add Kaguya into the mix with Shirogane being taught rap in the background.
Rapping is taking over anime. Someone call Yano from Oddtaxi .
Old 2022-04-24, 10:26   Link #51
James Rye

Aharen is super talented, learning rap over night and becoming a hand spin master over night while "not getting it" and being so good at it, she gained a following of elementary students by accident. Is there anything this girl can't do? Besides normal expressions and gauging appropriate distances to others. xD

Raidou teaching Aharen how to be more expressive was great, him being so not self-aware is what makes this scene so funny. Same when he got crushed by Futaba just to be double crushed by having to lie about his Othello abilities to Aharen who just lost on purpose.^^

Poor Tobarou-sensei though, I don't see her survival chances being very high with Raidou and Aharen being this lovely doofus couple that hasn't become a couple yet. RIP, sensei~
Old 2022-04-29, 13:53   Link #52
Frontier

Aharen is late even to trends, so he gets into Hokemon Go way after everybody else did, but she's got Raido there to challenge her and lose once again when his pain-stakingly breeded and leveled up Yakkeras loses to her cute little monster because of the power of Aharen. It'll be a long time before Raido can challenge Aharen-san .

Futaba is back at it again, trying to get a monster plushie for her beloved Akkun and not being intimidated by Aharen Reina's crane master skills. I love how she immediately jumped to calling it a scam and calling in the cops when she wastes all her money, but luckily Aharen's subtle kindness was able to help her, not that Futaba will ever admit it to herself .

I love how Futaba imagines Aharen as this devil succubus woman or this smug lady trying to pull one over on her. Everyone in this show has a very overactive imagination .

I love how all those plushies Aharen got Raido are basically haunting him in his sleep, reminding him of his loss. Is that why he put on some pounds ?

Even Aharen has an overactive imagination when she thinks commenting on Raido's weight will make him fall off a window .

It's so very Aharen and Raido to where Aharen is trying to help Raido lose weight and Raido, being as oblivious as ever, assumes she's trying to lose weight and actually goes through trying to lose weight to master it for her sake so he can help her...only to unkowingly resolve the whole reason she was trying to learn to lose weight in the first place. And there are apparently a lot of books about easy ways to lose weight that various animals can understand .

Raido thinks Aharen is his study Goddess when in reality she just as an amazing poker face and freezes up when she thinks she's screwed on a test as well .

It's hard finding the right study spot...the library makes it hard to communicate, the cat cafe has too many cats, the park has Akkun and Futaba's love drama, and in the end, the classroom is the best fit for these two .

Cleaning master Aharen! You gotta love how Aharen is good at cleaning and Raido's takeaway is that means she's effectively a stone-faced trained assassin out to kill him .

Aharen feels like Raido does so much for her, even saving her from a falling shelf, to the point where she's just happy to be able to help him study and give back a little everything he has done for her. But Raido feels rewarded every time he's with Aharen. That was an adorable hug between the two...even if it almost squeezed the life out of Raido .

Hey, Raido actually improved! Good for him (thanks, Aharen-san) .
Old 2022-04-29, 15:13   Link #53
Alchemist007
*Author

Good image

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2022-04-29, 18:22   Link #54
grecefar

that hug was pure fluff bliss.

I wish pokemon had yankeeras.
Old 2022-04-29, 18:34   Link #55
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Apparently the strategy Aharen used is one that exists in real life. Raido would have won if he had used a multi-hit attack, but he got cocky and he's pretty damn dumb in the first place. I wouldn't know though, I entirely stopped playing Pokemon after the first two games.

One thing where Raido has her beat is imagination. Sure, she can think up a horrifying scenario where Raido falls off a window if she tells him he got fat, but it's nothing compared to him imagining her as a sweeper because she's very good at cleaning. Aharen bringing her climbing gear so she could clean the windows from the outside was hilarious. I mean, it's not like she could have just opened the windows, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Good image

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I'm betting she wasn't wearing that blue bodysuit in the manga. It's not like I'm watching this series for the fanservice since there is none, but I hate censorship as a rule.
Old 2022-04-29, 18:51   Link #56
grecefar

Aharen strategy it can be done in pokemon, that was pretty funny.
Old 2022-04-29, 20:49   Link #57
Chosen_Hero

Bruh, did she really use the level 1 sashed endeavor Rattata trick on him? That's so cheap.
Old 2022-04-29, 22:11   Link #58
Frontier

Quote:
I'm betting she wasn't wearing that blue bodysuit in the manga. It's not like I'm watching this series for the fanservice since there is none, but I hate censorship as a rule.
Still pretty sexy though, especially by this shows' standards .
Old 2022-04-30, 02:05   Link #59
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Actually Futaba Vision was even skimpier in the manga.
Old 2022-04-30, 09:30   Link #60
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Raido really isn't going to score many wins against this girl . He had multiple ways to win that fight, but just got too cocky. Probably only had big hitting moves on that monster too. Just having a multi-hit move or a priority move of his own would have done it. Fair enough that he chose not to take a rematch. Having to fight twice just to beat a much weaker opponent would have been sad .

Aharen is such a good girl. Even setting up that kid for success with both a free ticket (even if she didn't take it) and positioning that one drop in a perfect spot. And it's good on the show that the girl did realize that. She may be coming up with a ridiculous rivalry on her own, but she's not that dumb. Also kind of cute how both had similar motivations. Aharen totally just getting all those guys for Raido since it's presumably his favorite.

Also just cute getting her viewpoint on the fat Raido portion. Both in being afraid she'd shock him with the truth and blaming herself for constantly shoving her food in his face. It's nice as well how her actions basically got him back in shape.

Truly Raido's imagination is the only way he's got Aharen beat.