Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-26, 09:32   Link #41
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trax View Post
While I'm excited to see that all hell is about to break loose with Sugar getting KO'd, I did not like the way it went down. It came down to sheer luck, I would have preferred to see Usopp make a last ditch effort which resulted in the same outcome. Something like the fake cockroaches in the Perona fight...

Also, as expected, nothing was shown of both Usopp and Franky's fights. I especially would have wanted to see how Usopp's fight went, because that would have been a better way to redeem him.
Filler space for the anime. I call it!
Old 2014-03-26, 09:41   Link #42
Death Usagi
Banned

LOL That ending was too hilarious XD

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! LOL
Old 2014-03-26, 09:48   Link #43
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Well..... at least this proves that the SOP operation was successful! Sadly, I'm sure those same bitter folks won't be too happy about Sugar being defeated by a gag, though......
Oh i am fine with her being taken out with a gag; it was hilarious, its very ussop, and it was the best moment of the chapter... however I am still bitter about how it all played out. Had Ussop just manned up from the beginning I would have been fine with it all ending on a joke... But he acted more cowardly even for him, and they made such a huge deal out of him stepping to overcome overwlehming odds... and then he gets beaten off panel? Bleh. He doesn't even get to be seen going down swinging. Good way to end the conflict; poor execution getting there.

Quote:
Filler space for the anime. I call it!
I'm also disappointed with Franky getting beaten off panel.
I wonder if the anime will be smart enough to actually make filler material using it... It seems so obvious but the anime has missed TONS of chances to create good filler material and instead just drags the pacing to a crawl. Honestly, seems more likely hey would only make, at most, like 5 extra minutes of material out of it when each fight could warrant an entire episode or two.

Last edited by Slayerx; 2014-03-26 at 12:58.
Old 2014-03-26, 09:51   Link #44
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Oh i am fine with her being taken out with a gag; it was hilarious and its very ussop... however I am still bitter about how it all played out. Had Ussop just manned up from the beginning I would have been fine with it all ending on a joke... But he acted more cowardly even for him, and they made such a huge deal out of him stepping to overcome overwlehming odds... and then he gets beaten off panel? Bleh. Good way to end the conflict; poor execution getting there.

I'm also disappointed with Franky getting beaten off panel.
I wonder if the anime will be smart enough to actually make filler material using it... It seems so obvious but the anime has missed tons of chances to create filler material and instead just drags the pacing to a crawl.
Completely agree to this.
Old 2014-03-26, 10:25   Link #45
Slayerx

Another thing I am disappointed about is Sugar. I had some high hopes for her. I was intrigued with the fact that she had stopped aging after eating a devil fruit and how she didn't like it when the dwarves acted like she was weak; heck their whole plan was to KO her with tabasco as opposed to KO'ing with a bonk on the head. Everyone treats her like a child, but she's older than that. I was kinda hoping there might be more to her character, like she was in truth a bitter and cruel old woman trapped in the body of a child... Maybe that specifically is a bit too obvious a direction to go, but Y'know something that play's with the idea she's actually older than she looks

Though maybe she'll still get that chance... she can always wake up and start causing trouble again.

Also I was bugged by how rushed Kyros's story was... though i guess its to be expected. Epic-Multi-chapter flashbacks are usually only for strawhats-to-be
Course this would be another place the anime could EASILY make some good filler material... if they had enough sense to see it.

Last edited by Slayerx; 2014-03-26 at 10:42.
Old 2014-03-26, 10:34   Link #46
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

EPIC TROLL AT THE END LOLOLOLOL!! Kyros' story was sad, as expected. And it was good to get confirmation that Rebecca is his daughter, if we haven't already.
Old 2014-03-26, 10:47   Link #47
SeanQ

lol that end idgi what happened ...
Old 2014-03-26, 11:04   Link #48
unameit

I wonder on how kyros thinks he could battle with just 1 leg, not too mention the pain when he gets back his human body..

But I have to admit the story is touching if ya actually try to imagine it.. it really gives people the urge to cheer for luffy, zorro & co to beat the hell out doflamingo & co..

It's been a while since the arabasta arc where it checks all the box.. it's similar but still ok this arc..
Old 2014-03-26, 11:35   Link #49
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Only problem is that Sugar's fruit doesn't seem to make sense. What does erasing memories have to do with the toy theme?

I liked Barto this chapter though, 'oi oi this barrier doesn't block verbal warfare'...hahaha.
Good stuff.
Old 2014-03-26, 13:47   Link #50
Rainbowman

Looks like Sugar's attempt at counter victory backfired. How incompetent can you get? *Bad Piggies laughing*
Old 2014-03-26, 13:57   Link #51
shalala

If knocking out Sugar didn't stop her DF, then this plan would have gone to waste. But sadly that wouldn't be the case. I wonder how long it will take for Usopp to regain any body function as he was pretty beaten badly . Plus that tabasco grape that was sooo bad that it made him gain dick eyes could last a while.

Kyros story was pretty sad. PLus the way he sees him self that he has to wear gloves to hold his own daughter that he made. Both King Riku and Kyros face was funny once they saw their grand/daughter face. Such manly tears. I could totally see Kyros and Dalton getting along.

Interesting to see that the colosseum will end up being destroy and most likely falling into the docks.
Old 2014-03-26, 14:00   Link #52
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Oh i am fine with her being taken out with a gag; it was hilarious, its very ussop, and it was the best moment of the chapter... however I am still bitter about how it all played out. Had Ussop just manned up from the beginning I would have been fine with it all ending on a joke... But he acted more cowardly even for him, and they made such a huge deal out of him stepping to overcome overwlehming odds... and then he gets beaten off panel? Bleh. He doesn't even get to be seen going down swinging. Good way to end the conflict; poor execution getting there.

Well, as I said in the past threads, I definitely understand why you guys would be so upset about how the fight was handled, but I think you may have been expecting a little TOO much out of our wimpy friend, here. The guy's trying his best, but the fact is, he's not a monster like the trio.... Now of course I won't make excuses for his earlier attempt to run away, but I can definitely see how an average Joe like him would succumb to the stress, no matter how much stronger he became during those two years (because, again, he is NOT a monster).

And with that being said..... speaking of monsters, I imagine that poor Trebol's gotta watch his ass now that he'll have to deal with a mob of very pissed-off monsters from the coliseum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noktown View Post
Kind of disappointed that Franky got taken down,he was facing fodder enemies pretty much.

Not exactly sure how two Dofla officers PLUS a freaking vice admiral fits into the criteria for "fodder" enemies, personally.
Old 2014-03-26, 14:02   Link #53
coded321
He Who Games

for those who were disappointed on how usopp and franky were taken down, the odds were just not in their favor. Usopp, for one, was going against 2 devil fruit users, one of which was a logia type, and the only strawhats who could effectively fight logia types are the luffy, zoro and sanji. Honestly, part of me speculates that usopp, knowing he couldn't beat trebol or sugar in a head on fight, purposely set it up like that at the end so he could scare sugar in a way they didn't expect. For those disappointed that franky couldn't at least take down one of doflamingo's officers, never underestimate how dangerous high to mid level officers combined with cannon fodder can be. If you have you have ever played video games, those types of enemy groups are a pain in the butt. While your distracted, fighting a mid or high level officer, the cannon fodder are slowly chipping away your health. and while you're distracted fighting the cannon fodder, the mid or high level enemies can deal massive damage to you. Franky and Usopp did the best they could do in their respective situations.
Old 2014-03-26, 15:37   Link #54
noktown

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel

Not exactly sure how two Dofla officers PLUS a freaking [i
vice admiral[/i] fits into the criteria for "fodder" enemies, personally.
Didn't know there was a VA,Flamingo's officers were already proven to be fodder(not elite officers).
Old 2014-03-26, 15:46   Link #55
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I still think Viola's existence is really just so Rebecca doesn't have to become a princess and all that.
Old 2014-03-26, 15:52   Link #56
Homura7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I still think Viola's existence is really just so Rebecca doesn't have to become a princess and all that.
I believe it has been long made pretty clear Rebecca has no royal responsibilities. And this chapter buried down any small chance she could become the next heir after it has been revealed her mother Scarlet cut off any ties to the kingdom by faking death.
Old 2014-03-26, 16:02   Link #57
coded321
He Who Games

what i'm afraid here is that, when luffy beats doflamingo, doflamingo can't be imprisoned or jailed due to him formerly being a world noble. Even though he is a former world noble, it seems he still has the political powers and immunity as one, since he got the cp-0 to trick the world into thinking he was leaving the warlords.
Old 2014-03-26, 16:11   Link #58
Altes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coded321 View Post
what i'm afraid here is that, when luffy beats doflamingo, doflamingo can't be imprisoned or jailed due to him formerly being a world noble. Even though he is a former world noble, it seems he still has the political powers and immunity as one, since he got the cp-0 to trick the world into thinking he was leaving the warlords.
I hope CP-0 will assassinate him on the orders from Celestial Dragons. Dofla has been a pain in their asses in the past (stealing their money), and who knows how he made them order the newspaper to publish a fake report. That, or Fujitora just won't give a damn about his status and take his head.
Old 2014-03-26, 16:35   Link #59
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by K. Shiruto View Post
I believe it has been long made pretty clear Rebecca has no royal responsibilities. And this chapter buried down any small chance she could become the next heir after it has been revealed her mother Scarlet cut off any ties to the kingdom by faking death.
I would say that her mother faking her death is somewhat irrelevant to her succession rights. Afterall she not only has the blood of a royal, but EVERYONE recognizes that being legitimate royal blood. She has royal blood, and thus that should place her in the line of secession regards of her mother's over the top actions.

However, what i think is more important is how Rebecca feels about her royal blood. And to that extent, she doesn't seem to care. She doesn't care about her lineage and she doesn't feel like she has any royal responsibility to the people or her country. Unlike Vivi, she's not gonna have any hang ups about leaving. Though i do guess that the nature of her mother's actions would be enough for King Riku to just claim she is not his granddaughter so that she would be free to leave(similar to what he did for his daughter).

Though I don't really feel like much a strawhat-to-be, since it feels like she lacks motivation to leave. Every strawhat had a reason for leaving and wanting to go out into the greater world; but so far all of rebecca's motivations are set on dressrosa. Also in the Colosseum, so far Sabo has been kind of stealing her spotlight; but who knows, that could change... who knows what will happen next chapter; with Sugar KO'd, shit is about to go down.
Old 2014-03-26, 16:39   Link #60
Homura7

I have a theory Kyros won't revert back to his human appearance because Sugar didn't make a contract with him.
Closed Thread