Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-06-30, 19:14   Link #41
eLstar
(^_^)v

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigIdiot
apart from his new "decision" in the manga, and his rotten attitude since chunnin exam #2, the biggest mistake on Sasuke's part is his new suit.

its like a black women's dress mixed with Edwards Scissor hands and weird elbow protectors. Looks terrible.
Never. It looks pretty cool on Sasuke. I don't know why but the Manga makes it seem a little bit more cooler than the Aniem counterpart. Anyway, back to the real discussion.
eLstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 20:41   Link #42
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by VMLM3
So true... old uchiha clan outfit was so much better
He goes back to wearing it as soon as he's out of the hospital so it's not like you'll see the black one again anyway.

Though, according to all color pictures I've seen since, he throws in his blue-coloured top for a black one.
Lost World is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-30, 21:28   Link #43
BigIdiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
Never. It looks pretty cool on Sasuke. I don't know why but the Manga makes it seem a little bit more cooler than the Aniem counterpart. Anyway, back to the real discussion.
looking at your avatar sasuke looks like he has a black dress on. not only that but its a mini-skirt. I mean c'mon. and after the mini skirt there are leather straps.

that is WEIRD! i kinda thing kishi is trying to make us dislike sasuke for later redemption. especially with with what he does.
BigIdiot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-01, 01:42   Link #44
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigIdiot
looking at your avatar sasuke looks like he has a black dress on. not only that but its a mini-skirt. I mean c'mon. and after the mini skirt there are leather straps.

that is WEIRD! i kinda thing kishi is trying to make us dislike sasuke for later redemption. especially with with what he does.
Last i heard Sasuke is Kishimotos favorite character .. >.< I prefer his black costume a lot more than his blue one, his blue one looks childish. His black one fits his decision better.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 00:53   Link #45
VMLM3
I had a good idea once...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauthi
Last i heard Sasuke is Kishimotos favorite character .. >.< I prefer his black costume a lot more than his blue one, his blue one looks childish. His black one fits his decision better.
Since this thread is going off topic anyway, do you think Sasuke WILL redeem himself? or go for all out evil or atleast die as he was going evil?
VMLM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 05:46   Link #46
pyu
Crouchety Old Man

Send a message via MSN to pyu
Somehow, the last few episodes have made Naruto a tad ... annoying in my perspective. Maybe its the stupid dialouge they are adding in to make the Rasengan training last longer.

As for Sasuke... I hope this isn't going to turn into another "Why you shouldn't hate Sasuke" thread. People hate him for rational and irrational reasons, the same as people dislike Naruto, Neji, etc, etc.

Let's just agree to disagree and get on with life....

Personally, I think Kishimoto turned his eye back to Sasuke and gave him some depth right after he got his seal. It presented an easy way out for him and coupled with it his goal to kill Itachi and later his (rather) disasterous meeting with Itachi, he simply chose the path of least resistance (the easy goal).

Spoiler:
pyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 06:16   Link #47
Umbrae
Generic Human

I think Sasuke only ran off to Oro. to get away from a certain annoying set of ninjas that live in leaf village. . . one of which gloats over the fact she gets to get in his way constantly. . . well ok she gloats over beeing with him constantly, when in fact she only got in the way.

Hell I am supprised he did not beg naruto to wait about 5 more min before taking on Gaara.
Umbrae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 07:05   Link #48
psycoking
kyōki-ō

Umm. . . spoiler tags people. Don't forget this thread isn't marked for spoilers, so if your gonna talk about sasuke's "decision" please use them. . .

. . .otherwise Dranz will kill us all. . .
psycoking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 08:26   Link #49
indo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Umbrae
I think Sasuke only ran off to Oro. to get away from a certain annoying set of ninjas that live in leaf village. . . one of which gloats over the fact she gets to get in his way constantly. . . well ok she gloats over beeing with him constantly, when in fact she only got in the way.

Hell I am supprised he did not beg naruto to wait about 5 more min before taking on Gaara.

i second this but then again he refered to her as his precious comrade in the gaara fight.

annyway it's too bad the way sasuke turned out i whas expecting to see a great friendship developing between naruto and sasuke i whas allready anticipating them playing jokes on sakura and bullying sakura.
indo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 18:53   Link #50
xArrowofArtemisx
Sharingan User

Send a message via AIM to xArrowofArtemisx
Of course, I have always liked Sasuke, but I don't find him any less "likeable" now...
I don't think he's so cocky... just confident... and, err... he's gonna need lots of it (and much more training/power/whatever) if he's seriously going to kill ITACHI... I still think he is "lone wolf" as someone called him... he is going out by himself to increase his own power--after all, that has always been his goal. Sure, he might have softened up because of Naruto (anyone count how many shocked, round eyed looks Sasuke pulled off after all of Naruto's antics?), but who wouldn't have? But Sasuke, I thought, was always confident and cool like at his Gaara fight match (errr... and therefore renewing strength in his squealing fangirls!)...
I think he was just really excited about the fight thing (in a much more toned down way than Gaara, of course), because after being visited by him, and going this far... he's that much closer to his dream--he hasn't forgotten it.
And then, yes everyone already said this, after Itachi put him in a coma...
Spoiler:

I don't think there was a mistake. (I mean, the late thing just shows how much more he is like Kakashi... hahaha... let's not see him reading "Come Come Paradise" next...)...

Spoiler:

So to end my long post, I do not think it is a mistake. In fact, this manga series is really surprising. I think the character development was, and still is, great. I mean, seriously, everyone has flaws. So what if Sasuke is revenge-hungry in the same, but different, way that Naruto is power-hungry? I still love them both to death. Their characters are amazing. If people hate him, they do. So what. But I don't think a mistake was made by Kishimoto-san. He is just Perfect the way he is ... I mean, but maybe he's going through hormone changes? (I hate to bring this up, but much like Harry Potter in the latest volume...)
xArrowofArtemisx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-04, 18:59   Link #51
gibits
Endless

No its not a mistake on the author's part. Nothing makes for better drama than two good friends (maybe best friends?) to also be arch-rivals. Its a classic formula, all those mixed love-hate relations makes for a really great story. If anything Kishimoto has been planning this devolpment for ages.

Build up Sasuke as a good guy that ppl will like a do an radical about face. Alot of stand alone pictures, as early as vol.2 show Sasuke with a snake wrapped around him as well.
gibits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 07:37   Link #52
Bakafool
The Green Beast of Konoha

Nah, Sasuke's alright. Sometimes he is arrogant and confident but as the series progressed you could really see that he cared about those who were close to him. When he arrived to the final chuunin exam, he seemed a bit cocky but when Naruto said that he wanted to fight him, he agreed and in doing so acknowledged NAruto's strength. When he saw how strong Naruto was, he blamed himself for not being stronger, not because he really wanted to be stronger than Naruto, but because he felt he had to be so much stronger in order to have a chance to beat Itachi. Then, when he heard that Naruto's life could be in danger because of Itachi, he didn't think twice to look for NAruto. Even when Sakura lauded him for saving her life, he immediately said that Naruto was the one who saved her. At first, I thought Sasuke was going to be the super arrogant clear cut annoying rival and enemy of Naruto, but I was wrong. What Sasuke has isn't an attitude problem, it's more of a personality. But he has depth and as others have said, he hasn't really whined at all. In fact, Naruto has brooded about his tragic past almost more than Sasuke. I don't mind Sasuke, sometimes he rocks and sometimes he's average. One thing about Sasuke is that he's never really shunned people away, he's just a lone wolf type. He's never really hated Naruto or anyone else, just Itachi. This part of the series, I think he admires Naruto and sees him as not just a rival but as his best friend. I think the same goes for Naruto.
Bakafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-06, 16:06   Link #53
Yeti

Sasuke - Bloodline , Emotional damage -Cursed Seal (Orochimaru's leash)

Naruto- Kyuubi , Emotional damage - Kyuubi Seal ( Goldmine Akatsuki is after )

IMO Both are flawed characters have their minuses and pluses.

Sasuke is just showing some character depth that we have not seen yet with Naruto , Have we seen Naruto's dark side? What if Itachi killed Sakura? we have only been given a glimpse of Naruto delving into his hate.

Sasuke has delved into his hate because its who he is and was, he doesn't hide his dark nature after Itachi etched the "All you need to beat me is hate, lots of hate"-type message into his mind. Its like the whole darkside /lightside thing all over but with more depth and manipulation.

Sasuke is just being true to who he is ... thats my take on it
Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 01:23   Link #54
mickdawgx81

In the beginning Sasuke was a cool character. He was the best in his class, so you could understand why he was cocky. Just like Kenshin's master Hiko Seijiro. He was cocky, but you liked him cuz he was a cool guy. That's how I similarly felt for Sasuke. He did not have any ill intentions towards those around him, only towards his brother. He risked his life for Naruto when they were fighting Haku.

Sasuke has a deep hatred for his brother, but what pisses me off is him taking it out on Naruto. When Naruto came back and wanted to see how Sasuke's doing, Sasuke wanted to pick a fight with Naruto. It's not even a friendly rivalry no more. Sasuke is just hating because he's not nearly as strong as Naruto anymore. Yeah yeah, so what if Naruto is born with that power. Uh...and..? Sasuke was born with Sharingan. He shouldn't make any excuses, he has the potential. Look at his brother at that age.

The creator made him a bad guy. A character you should hate. I think the people who feel it's a mistake, are fans of Sasuke. As a fan of the Anime, I don't know if it's a mistake or not to make Sasuke bad, but I'm sure as hell interested in what's gonna happen next in the manga.
mickdawgx81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-07, 02:26   Link #55
Inuzuka
now with 20% more ego!

Send a message via MSN to Inuzuka
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu
I wanna talk a little bit about Sasuke.

In my opinion tehy killed Sasuke's personality. In the eariler episodes Sasuke was very likeable. He had all of his usual prodigy talents but he was never arrogant in an annoying or repulsive kind of way. He belittled Naruto but it was in a buddy buddy type of way.

He was not cocky in a bad way. He was simply confident. Very confident. He was a lone wolf type character who did not like attention or try to show off.

But the critical turning point where the mistake was made was in the Sasuke vs Gaara fight. That is where most people began to dislike Sasuke. When he and Kakashi came late its as if a new Sasuke than the one we knew walked into that stadium. He was unbelievably arrogant. He had the most annoying full of himslef grin all over his face. He was not humble in the least. He had gone from a confident quiet lone wolf to a cocky show off.

This in my opinion is very bad. The reason being spoiler related,

Spoiler:
I think bascially,the creators didn't mean to give Sasuke a personality 'overdose'?But the subtile differences in behaviour the creators had given him during the GaaraVSasuke fight wasn't meant to make him into such a badass,i think they just wanted to develop his character slowly,but maybe they gave him a tad' too much of personality in one go,thus making him seem like a badass.But in my opinion,Sasuke is the typical 'badass' type charcater which is present in almost every Manga/Anime.(*The Wolf Of Mibu from [Rurouni Kenshin]*)But,the main point is(as i have stated above)that the main(in my opinion) reason for Sasuke to be disliked now is due to a bit of 'personality overdose' on Kishimoto-sensei's part.

Spoiler:

Regarding your views on the lack of 'emotion-punch'.I do agree that,the emotional factor is pretty much missing in the later arcs,with maybe the death of the 3Rd excluded.But on the other hand,(*Im' going to go back onto personal opinion for awhile*)writing a story,is like making medicine,too much of a particiluar substance might result in overdose or poison,too little of the 'poisons'(*the differnce between medicine and poison is seperated by a thin line,the 'poison' refers to the various substances which make up the medicine*)and you won't get well.A delicate balence must be maintained for the medicines to take the maximum effect and not end up in poisoning.
Likewise,too much of 'emotional-punch' would fail to cure the urge of action the shonen fans desire,ironically too much of the 'emotional-punch' will take that 'punch' out of the story when the 'emotional-punch' does happen.(*In other words,too much 'emotional-punch',may result in the reader getting bored of story itself*)
Inuzuka is offline   Reply With Quote