Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-01-10, 09:25   Link #41
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
That still that means anybody could grind poison immunity though.
All they'd need is a VIT stat way up there in lights to debuff the poison attacks and stop them being one-shot kills. Dodging the attacks with AGI or using INT magic for protection wouldn't give the players poison immunity, they need to take the hits and survive to become immune. The game devs never thought someone would max their VIT at the cost of everything else which, accompanied by skills like VIT-multiplying Giant Killing as well as potions would allow a player to last long enough to gain complete poison immunity. Then Maple came along.

The game devs hate her.

EDIT: the preview for episode 2 is up on the bofuri website.
Old 2020-01-10, 09:34   Link #42
The Green One

Hmmmm so looking at the preview it looks like Maple is going Raid Boss on a bunch of players in some sort of event, and it looks like her gamer friend is joining up with her. Party Member acquired?
Old 2020-01-10, 09:48   Link #43
Router25
World Connector. I think

By the way, I'm also thinking that maybe the potions given to Maple was a full heal.
Not to mention she also has that healing skill she got when she was sleeping.
Plus those Vit up charms she got.

Wow, she got lucky on all those stat-specific drops.
Old 2020-01-10, 09:53   Link #44
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Spoiler for Maple:
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-10, 10:10   Link #45
maximilianjenus
[E]

So that's how she will manage to walk at a rasonable pace ?
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-10, 11:30   Link #46
Router25
World Connector. I think

She's basically a living shield.
Old 2020-01-11, 00:06   Link #47
kukuru

Well vrmmo wise, 0 agi is pretty...well..impossible for most people to play, but gaining still that fast is normally hard without plot device, but then she may have a modifier for being lower level like certain games, you have to be around a certain level range for optimal xp gain.

a lvl 2 taking on an area boss is usually not possible, as it would be instant death.

It's not going to be taken seriously, that's the point, but Maple is airheaded enough to do something no normal player could stand.

1hr fights at level 1 is well...umm...rage quit.
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-11, 02:22   Link #48
Chosen_Hero

Wow, QA testing doesn't exist in this world, huh? Is the game still in beta or something? There is no way no one figure out that you can break the game this easily before this.

Seriously, how did this game even release in this state? Those potions are way too good for starting area, she just gets all of the best abilities at low level and they improve way too fast, heck, didn't some of her abilities say that they require other stats to be raised to get the effects? The damage that the dragon/hydra dealt was way too little and it's poison was way too inconsistent, how the hell did she even eat the dragon? How can she taste the dragon?

So she gets the entire set from that one battle and it's all super rare legendary gear that just so happens to raise the exact stats she needs and give her the exact abilities that fit her? How was she even able to enter that dungeon in the first place, didn't the developers even think of level gating stuff like that so that newbies don't accidentally wander in? Why does the character creation give you enough points to even break the game like this? Does balance not exist in this universe?

The movement penalty is stupid especially considering that it's barely even that much of a problem considering that half the time she was just walking at normal speed and doesn't make that much sense since just being the shield bearer class should give you the natural ability to move normally, as opposed if any other class tried to use the shield/great shield where it would make sense to cut your movement. Why would any developer make a system where players are gifted one of a kind abilities that break the game that literally no one else can or will ever have? So if I played this game and just put all of my points into speed, would I be so fast that I would get gifted a broken blink ability that let's me teleport anywhere I wanted?

Also, apparently the mods (I am guessing that's who was in those conversations) seem to have noticed someone breaking the game and are just choosing to wait and see because... reasons, I guess. Any proper developer would be shitting their pants at the prospect of someone casually breaking their game this early in the game and would be scrambling to fix the issue, but this is anime and competency isn't background characters strongest suit.

So. Many. Questionable. Decisions in just one episode, wow. Has the mangaka ever played an rpg game before?

Btw, I enjoyed the episode just fine but that isn't going to stop me from pointing out the flaws when I see them and boy oh boy, I feel like this is going to give me so much ammo.
Old 2020-01-11, 03:53   Link #49
Keila

To be completely fair, the only (arguable) flaw is that players can reduce the minimum damage to zero for an attack, but given that the developers have intentionally included 'immunity' types into the game it's not really a flaw, but an intentional choice of game design. At that point it is simply a question of 'discovering' all the different game mechanics and min/maxing (thank god there is no min-maxing), aka optimisation.

At the moment, it is sheer luck (plot) that the MC just so happens to have the stars align as far as skills/gear is concerned, but there are associated drawbacks (like x2 Vit, but other stats cost twice as much), etc.)

The fact that the bunny could kill itself (granted it took an hour) suggests that there must be some sort of penalty for difference in attack vs defense.

Why you can 'fall asleep' within the game is rather curious (instead of the game logging you out).

At any rate, I love the series after 1 episode (regardless of how it turns out)
Old 2020-01-11, 03:59   Link #50
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
Wow, QA testing doesn't exist in this world, huh? Is the game still in beta or something? There is no way no one figure out that you can break the game this easily before this.

Seriously, how did this game even release in this state? Those potions are way too good for starting area, she just gets all of the best abilities at low level and they improve way too fast, heck, didn't some of her abilities say that they require other stats to be raised to get the effects? The damage that the dragon/hydra dealt was way too little and it's poison was way too inconsistent, how the hell did she even eat the dragon? How can she taste the dragon?

So she gets the entire set from that one battle and it's all super rare legendary gear that just so happens to raise the exact stats she needs and give her the exact abilities that fit her? How was she even able to enter that dungeon in the first place, didn't the developers even think of level gating stuff like that so that newbies don't accidentally wander in? Why does the character creation give you enough points to even break the game like this? Does balance not exist in this universe?

The movement penalty is stupid especially considering that it's barely even that much of a problem considering that half the time she was just walking at normal speed and doesn't make that much sense since just being the shield bearer class should give you the natural ability to move normally, as opposed if any other class tried to use the shield/great shield where it would make sense to cut your movement. Why would any developer make a system where players are gifted one of a kind abilities that break the game that literally no one else can or will ever have? So if I played this game and just put all of my points into speed, would I be so fast that I would get gifted a broken blink ability that let's me teleport anywhere I wanted?

Also, apparently the mods (I am guessing that's who was in those conversations) seem to have noticed someone breaking the game and are just choosing to wait and see because... reasons, I guess. Any proper developer would be shitting their pants at the prospect of someone casually breaking their game this early in the game and would be scrambling to fix the issue, but this is anime and competency isn't background characters strongest suit.

So. Many. Questionable. Decisions in just one episode, wow. Has the mangaka ever played an rpg game before?

Btw, I enjoyed the episode just fine but that isn't going to stop me from pointing out the flaws when I see them and boy oh boy, I feel like this is going to give me so much ammo.
It’s sataire.

But logistics this is Vrmmo not point and click. In the novels, zero is your based form equal to your normal self. So 0 agi is Kaede speed and Kaede punch, etc.

Where her vit is like 750+ Against the hydra. Nothing hurts her but in a premise of a vrmmo you won’t get far on your game as normal person str.

That’s why devs don’t expect pure builds, because normally people give up, under normal circumstances.

For instance her 1st skill is absolute defense I requirements are to take hits for 1 hr without attacking back.

Can you stand there for 1hr, no afk, no entertainment, nothing letting a monster hit you? Heck can you even play a game where you have to walk in real time senses and real life scale. We can’t event walk to a restaurant anymore for food these days and instead do delivery, it’s a nightmare.

As for her equipment. These are tons of games that is set to give you class specific items as a reward. What did you expect a tank class to get as a reward? Tank gear.
Old 2020-01-11, 06:00   Link #51
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
So that's how she will manage to walk at a rasonable pace ?
haha, yes probably.

Also judging by the pic. It seems even with full armour, she is not heavy at all. Or her friend has high strength stats.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-11, 08:16   Link #52
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

I swear, some people here have never heard of comedy.
Metaneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-11, 09:06   Link #53
Chosen_Hero

^Aah, that old tired excuse that comes up when no one has any real answers or defense, it's been a while since I have seen it used. "Comedy" does not excuse inconsistencies or bad world building.
Old 2020-01-11, 09:14   Link #54
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
^Aah, that old tired excuse that comes up when no one has any real answers or defense, it's been a while since I have seen it used. "Comedy" does not excuse inconsistencies or bad world building.
That it's bad is your opinion, not a fact. Nothing is inconsistent yet and this episode alone is not enough to say it has bad world building. You just don't like it.
Old 2020-01-11, 09:16   Link #55
The Green One

Quote:
Silly rabbit, no one QAs their games anymore these days! You've seen the dumpster fires that are constantly being released these days with game breaking bugs!

(The pitiful thing is that this is actually a true statement, and a personal annoyance I have with the gaming industry these days, even if I'm saying it here in a joking manner)
Old 2020-01-11, 09:56   Link #56
Chosen_Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaneo View Post
That it's bad is your opinion, not a fact. Nothing is inconsistent yet and this episode alone is not enough to say it has bad world building. You just don't like it.
The game the series focuses on is an inconsistent mess of mechanics that make no sense when punt under the microscope, if you can't make your setting feel somewhat believably coherent then you have failed as a writer. Now how about you tell me why isn't inconsistent, don't worry, I can wait.

Quote:
I suggest that you learn reading and writing comprehension, they are good skills to have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Silly rabbit, no one QAs their games anymore these days! You've seen the dumpster fires that are constantly being released these days with game breaking bugs!

(The pitiful thing is that this is actually a true statement, and a personal annoyance I have with the gaming industry these days, even if I'm saying it here in a joking manner)
Aah, you mean the Bethesda approach, where the only thing you can do to fix it is to throw more gasoline into the dumpster fire.

At least the show gets points for realism.
Old 2020-01-11, 11:11   Link #57
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
The game the series focuses on is an inconsistent mess of mechanics that make no sense when punt under the microscope, if you can't make your setting feel somewhat believably coherent then you have failed as a writer. Now how about you tell me why isn't inconsistent, don't worry, I can wait.
And what is inconsistent?
1.) The story is following a newbie player who has decided to put all her ability points into Vitality/Defense; She does. It would be inconsistent if she suddenly decided to start investing into another stat for no reason.
2.) Maple takes little/no physical damage from her enemies because her physical defense is so high. She does however take status damage i.e. poison.
3.) Game mechanics show you can gain skills based off of actions you take; Maple makes note of this and does just that. If you want to talk about something wrong, then it would be the fact that Maple gained "Poison Immunity" instead of "Venom Immunity." If you BITE IT and you die, it's poison. If it BITES YOU and you die, it's venom.

Quote:
Those are not starting area potions, those were potions given to her by a more advanced player and are most likely just average at his level. Her abilities that required other stats require them to be lower than her VIT(?) OR lower than her opponents. The damage from the Hydra was ENTIRELY consistent. Maple's physical defense was too high to damage that way. If you noticed, the Bee enemy's venom didn't do all that much damage, while the Hydra's took 75% of her life bar while she was slowly gaining immunity to it.

Quote:
So she gets the entire set from that one battle and it's all super rare legendary gear that just so happens to raise the exact stats she needs and give her the exact abilities that fit her?
Speaking from personal experience alone, I've had this happen to me at least once in every MMO I've ever played.

Quote:
The movement penalty is stupid especially considering that it's barely even that much of a problem considering that half the time she was just walking at normal speed and doesn't make that much sense since just being the shield bearer class should give you the natural ability to move normally, as opposed if any other class tried to use the shield/great shield where it would make sense to cut your movement.
Maple is not under a movement penalty. She moves like she has zero Agility. She is under a Offense penalty as was stated when we read the description of Great Shield wielder.

Quote:
Why would any developer make a system where players are gifted one of a kind abilities that break the game that literally no one else can or will ever have? So if I played this game and just put all of my points into speed, would I be so fast that I would get gifted a broken blink ability that let's me teleport anywhere I wanted?
Oh boy are you in for fun later.

Quote:
I suggest that you learn reading and writing comprehension, they are good skills to have.
*Complains about every aspect of the show and insults the writers ability to make a story*

"But I enjoyed it"
No, you didn't, you enjoy complaining.
Old 2020-01-11, 11:37   Link #58
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I don't think I'll argue one way or another. I mentioned a couple things earlier, but they were minor and as I said could be chopped up to luck. Either way, saying whether the game is completely worthless, completely broken, or just has a spot or two that the devs never expected and no one was dumb enough to try or lucky enough to succeed in, entirely based on this episode is kind of like judging the whole of a movie based on the first one minute.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-01-11, 12:42   Link #59
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I don't think I'll argue one way or another. I mentioned a couple things earlier, but they were minor and as I said could be chopped up to luck.
It's like that bit in the movie "Who Killed Roger Rabbit" where anything, any sort of coincidence or random happening could and would happen "as long as it was funny!"

Kaede/Maple started the show with +1000 Plot Armour and a bag full of loaded D20s and because of that her journey is entertaining, almost as much fun as listening to the RPG/MMO fanboi squeals of "This isn't how Skyrim works! Waaah!"
Old 2020-01-11, 17:16   Link #60
kukuru

Well in a party setting, who would want to party with a tank with zero agi(avoiding spoilers for now) even if they had all tankiness in the world.

Can you imagine doing a LFG, but in notation (please travel at my spd). Ya... there's such cost as time.

Also kind glossed over at the speed of CM, other people posted that they have tried a pure vit build, and it rightly sucks.

Maple did win the plot armor lottery every turn she gets.

Tags
adventure, bofuri, maple