Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Bleach

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-02-10, 09:33   Link #41
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
"Traces of the Hollows' powers remained in their mothers' bodies, which were passed on to them when they were born. Thus the powers are closer to those of Hollows than they are to those of Shinigami"

Ichigo's mother was killed after he was born. What the hell is his Fullbringer, her rotten scull? And how did his powers got into him if he was ALREADY born? And will Kubo ever make sense?
Fullbring stems from hollow powers, so Ichigo can learn it since he had hollow powers. I'd guess it really doesn't matter much how you inherit the powers, just that getting them through the mother's blood is the most common way. Those that do also have a natural instinct for it.

But except for Ginjou's fullbring, the abilities seen so far don't really match up with the explanation of how it's supposed to work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde
Indeed. Using the same symbol seen on the hilt of Ichigo's zanpakuto's bankai was a great way for Kubo to have a lot of us look forward to Zangetsu's return (or trick many of us into thinking so anyways). But geez, this chapter felt even shorter than usual.
Yeah. I'm not expecting him to return right away, like, next chapter or anything but this seems like a step in that direction.

Old 2011-02-10, 10:52   Link #42
haegar
mangaviking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Hey, that swastica does look like a fuuton-rasen-shuriken
somebody was a lot faster than me noting that but oh well ..

Last edited by haegar; 2011-02-10 at 11:35.
Old 2011-02-10, 11:36   Link #43
LadyKikyo91
The Certified Fangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post
Ichigo X Rukia fans will love this, and too bad for the Ichigo X Inoue fans
Not really having become quite the Ichihime fan myself I really don't have a problem with it. To say Ichigo wouldn't miss his best friend is extremely un realistic. Still I'm not jumping the gun to say that is was romantic feelings and I have read the chapter. Ichigo hasn't shown any romantic feelings to Inoue either. I usually don't bother with the subject of romance in bleach because its almost as bad as romance in Naruto. But anyway it will be great to see Rukia back and hopefully she has gotten stronger since her departure.
Old 2011-02-10, 11:47   Link #44
Alchemist007
*Author

Maybe she'll finally have a bankai.
Old 2011-02-10, 12:33   Link #45
HurricaneHige
Uguu~

Wow...a not-so-terrible chapter from Kubo, surprising O.O
Old 2011-02-10, 14:05   Link #46
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alchemist007 View Post
Maybe she'll finally have a bankai.
or she finally married onii-sama
Old 2011-02-10, 14:21   Link #47
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Is this fullbringer thing irrelevent to how Ishida or his kind generally got powers?
And where was this guy doing the explaining hiding all this time again? (didn't really follow the story so far)
Old 2011-02-10, 14:21   Link #48
Cephei Mordred
Lord Knight of SYTOM

Between Chad's Meszito pride and Ichigo's swastika, this proves that Kubo-taichou is the KING of trolls.
Old 2011-02-10, 14:23   Link #49
kitten320

I don't get fullbring at ALL! Shouldn't Ichigo been able to use this powers long time ago since he had same flashback many times already and his shinigami badage is always with him... this is just dumb...

At least Butler-san is evil, I wonder if her will have Pride/Wrath seiyu
Old 2011-02-10, 16:36   Link #50
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cephei Mordred View Post
Between Chad's Meszito pride and Ichigo's swastika, this proves that Kubo-taichou is the KING of trolls.
Mestizo? (just in case, is the definition for a person with mixed heritage: native american and european).
Old 2011-02-10, 16:56   Link #51
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckmox View Post
Ichigo X Rukia fans will love this, and too bad for the Ichigo X Inoue fans
we do! we do love it!!

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2011-02-10, 17:20   Link #52
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Is this fullbringer thing irrelevent to how Ishida or his kind generally got powers?
Well so far yes... i say so far because Kubo can pull shit out at anytime. afterall, if you recall doesn't ishida now transform a little pendant thing into his bow? There's also the question of orihime... so far she has not been called a fullbringer and yet we see her transforming an object that has special personal significance to her. who's really to say at this point that she's not a fullbringer...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
At least Butler-san is evil, I wonder if her will have Pride/Wrath seiyu
Bulter-san will NEVER be as badass as Wrath
Old 2011-02-10, 17:27   Link #53
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Ichigo's fullbring is swastika? What's he gonna do? Holocaust? This is not funny. I know the symbol has many meanings, but what the hell is wrong with manga to bring it up so often? Remember what's on the Branch House's foreheads in Naruto? Nearly the exact same thing, even the shape is quite similar.
I don't get the idea behind it and I think it looks like a stupid shuriken. It's a weapon once again. Other people can build things or make some cool rules about time, but Ichigo gets a weapon... most certainly black and it resembles Ichigo's getsuga tenshou.
Old 2011-02-10, 17:30   Link #54
SeanQ

And was the whole "time limit death thingy" even necessary -_- Ichigo did not even know about it, so what would putting such a stupid penalty or whatever on him accomplish. What if Ichigo fails, and is incinerated, now all of them are stuck with their fullbring power that they all, for no real reason, hate but enjoy explaining and flaunting it around.
Old 2011-02-10, 17:31   Link #55
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
What part of this chapter was well-paced? When they spent 6 pages explaining Bradley's ludicrous ability? Or when they spent 9 pages getting Ichigo to activate his swastika fullbring?
-I said "reasonable" pace, meaning that it isn't going as fast as it could be but its still not bad. And you can't exactly blame Kubo for stretching out the explainations right now. Fullbring is a brand new gimmick he created. He needs to set the foundations first so that we don't get random BS abilities like Hitsugaiya's Mirror Clone thing against Halibel.
Old 2011-02-10, 17:38   Link #56
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
So it's settled. It really is swatiska fullbring
This is so epic and will be remembered for centuries.
Who's the other guy? The Bear Jew? Ah right, it was the Pig Yakuza...
Old 2011-02-10, 17:51   Link #57
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Stop the racism against swastikas. They are more than you think.
Old 2011-02-10, 18:01   Link #58
sayde

I know it may look like a nazi swastika, but I wish people would stop calling it that. Because if you look at the design a little bit closer, it's actually not. It never has been ever since it was introduced all the way back during the SS arc, and it never will be. (Notice the pattern runs in the opposite direction.)

Besides, the meaning of that symbol is quite appropriate given it's definition in Kanji. It symbolizes the word "Ban" which means "release". And lo-and-behold, that's exactly what Ichigo looks like he's doing right now. It's not like it's thrown in there out of some sudden impulse by the author to make it look cool for the kiddies. There a little more to it than that.

Last edited by sayde; 2011-02-10 at 19:42.
Old 2011-02-10, 18:10   Link #59
Chiisai Kuma
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayde View Post
I know it may look like a swastika, but I wish people would stop calling it that. Because if you look at the design a little bit closer, it's actually not. It never has been ever since it was introduced all the way back during the SS arc, and it never will be. (Notice the pattern runs in the opposite direction.)

Besides, the meaning of that symbol is quite appropriate given it's definition in Kanji. It symbolizes the word "Ban" which means "release". And lo-and-behold, that's exactly what Ichigo looks like he's doing right now. It's not like it's thrown in there out of some sudden impulse by the author to make it look cool for the kiddies. There a little more to it than that.
Hear hear! *raises glass of orange juice to sayde's points* too true good fellow.

sig made by the wonderful Godlike1889
http://forums.animesuki.com/member.php?u=80506
Old 2011-02-10, 18:26   Link #60
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuroraFlash View Post
Ichigo's fullbring is swastika? What's he gonna do? Holocaust? This is not funny. I know the symbol has many meanings, but what the hell is wrong with manga to bring it up so often? Remember what's on the Branch House's foreheads in Naruto? Nearly the exact same thing, even the shape is quite similar.
I don't get the idea behind it and I think it looks like a stupid shuriken. It's a weapon once again. Other people can build things or make some cool rules about time, but Ichigo gets a weapon... most certainly black and it resembles Ichigo's getsuga tenshou.
First the swastika was a asian holy symbol long before it was corrupted by the Nazi's. Anyway it is not the swastika of Nazi party it is the leftward faceing one. In Japan, the swastika is called manji. Since the Middle Ages, it has been used as a coat of arms by various Japanese families. On Japanese maps, a swastika (left-facing and horizontal) is used to mark the location of a Buddhist temple. and is also the Ban part of Bankai (卍解). Why shouldn't Ichigo's fullbring powers be similer to Zangetsu, who is the embodyment of Ichigo's powers (hollow and otherwise). Also remember the plan is to restore his powers and he take over the powers of Xcution's members so they can have a normal life.

I had a thought about how Ichigo, Chad, and Orihime might have gained Fullbringer powers with out their mother haveing been atacked by a hollow. The Fullbringer's stated they had all gain thiers after thier mother was atacked by a hollow before their birth so the way I see it the babbies soul has to deal with a massive amont, to it at least of hollow energy which warps it's soul bringing out it's fullbringer powers (the way I see it Shingami, hollow, and Fullbringer powers are all pretty much the same just used diffrently. Ie Ichigo's Shinigami powers are speed and shooting energy, Hollow powers are Regeneration (speed aplied to healing) and shooting energy, want to bet his fullbring will have something to do with speed and shooting energy?) All three of Ichigo, Chad, and Orihime have been atacked multiple times by hollows before their powers manifested therfore gained powers similer tof ullbringer powers. My therory is that by just haveing more exposer to hollow energies it "warped" their souls the same way. This may have even been hinted back a long time ago since it was implied that any being with a strong retsu could cause "damage" to souls and was why the captains had limiters.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
Closed Thread

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion