1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-02-06, 18:08   Link #41
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by casval cehack View Post
They're the barn defense team.
They are more badass than all feddie pilots we've seen. They deserve to be recognised for their talent xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
You are a girl doesn't mean you are a standard for every girl in the world. It's like saying guys who love cooking and knitting are gay.
I'm just glad people around me are understanding.
No, obviously not. I'm just speaking for intelligent, self-respecting girls that can take care of themselves, which I understand is the expected standard nowadays and which Gundam heroines are normally all about. Imagine someone like Mineva in that situation.
And btw, you kinda got it the wrong way round: saying girls need to be rescued and carried away by a man when nothing actually happened that impeded any of their bodily functions to walk away themselves (implying: girls are weak) is like saying "guys who knit and cook are gay" - both of these are rubbish stereotypes.

I understand guys might find pleasure in the idea of being all manly and saving girls but hey, save them from something they need saving from.
But maybe the preview is misleading, and Zehart paralysed her with his eyes, so I misunderstood and it's not patronising after all... -____-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Znozzy View Post
man, it would be hilarious if Zehart ended up being the second seasons Yurin, and Romarie ends up NTRing Asem instead
I thought the same thing.
I was going to say hey guys look: the relationship between Asem and Zehart was done in a flashback while slow music plays. Just like Flit and Yurin. According to fandom logic and following Age's pattern, Asem must be in love with Zehart
Poor Romary
Faerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 18:36   Link #42
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

May I just stop this argument and say that judging Asemu carrying Romary out based on a 2 second shot from a preview from an episode that hasn't even aired yet is premature and pointless? You don't even have the context of the situation except "SQUEEK Asemu is princess-carrying Romary!!!11111".
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 19:11   Link #43
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkullFaerie View Post
I thought the same thing.
Similar, but probably different from what Znozzy was thinking.
Quote:
I was going to say hey guys look: the relationship between Asem and Zehart was done in a flashback while slow music plays. Just like Flit and Yurin. According to fandom logic and following Age's pattern, Asem must be in love with Zehart
Poor Romary
I think Znozzy was saying that:

Asem = Emily
Romary = Flit
Zeheart = Yurin

So, poor Asem if it's true.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 22:41   Link #44
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Felt like this ep squandered the momentum of last episode...Not gonna be too harsh as I did like the first episode of this arc and see some good potential with the Gundam, but this episode quickly returned to the breakneck take it or leave it storytelling style of the beginning arc...

I was actually appreciative of the cheesy montage that established the "bonding" between Awsem and Gallette, but at the same time they expedite these things so quickly; they basically ask the audience to go from 1st base to Home with no 2nd or 3rd in between...

Zeheart catches a wrench = He and girl might be in love

They shake hands = They're best friends

Don't kill Awsem when you have chance = love triangle

It reminded me of how they made Wolf and Flit friends and rivals based on like 5 mins of episode footage...

I can truly understand how Gundam AGE was originally planned to just be a video game, because the way they setup the story is analogous to the insert scenes in a game...You know when you're playing a game like this and they have these quick stories to setup the eventual game-battle? Most of the time as a kid (If the story was just straightforward like this) I would mash the buttons to skip these stories and just get to the game...

This episode was "mash the buttons" worthy in the way it's setting up this love triangle and friendship...It's just so simple in it's quickness and quick in it's simpleness...It can be done better IMO...

I also was kinda bummed out that Awsem no longer used or tried to use the 2-sword fighting style >_<...That's really $hitty to me that they may just toss that stylistic improvement out of the window...That really got me hype last week on what Awsem's fighting style would be like...

What I did enjoy (and what I'd like to focus on) is the new Vagan MS's and new EFF suits to boot...I thought Zeheart's new suit was really awesome and I can see alot of Union Flag influences in many of the Vagan designs which is a great thing...Those Vagan suits sans the gargoyle Dorados are really getting some good design freedom so far...

Next ep we mash buttons once again and skip to Awsem and Romary's Officer & a Gentlmen moment that makes the MS Club figureheads become evenmore hated enemies...Hopefully I don't press to fast and miss the EFF and//or Vagan conflict storylines that i pray won't be like arc 1 in their pedestrian nature...

6/10...
Old 2012-02-06, 23:26   Link #45
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
Felt like this ep squandered the momentum of last episode...Not gonna be too harsh as I did like the first episode of this arc and see some good potential with the Gundam, but this episode quickly returned to the breakneck take it or leave it storytelling style of the beginning arc...

I was actually appreciative of the cheesy montage that established the "bonding" between Awsem and Gallette, but at the same time they expedite these things so quickly; they basically ask the audience to go from 1st base to Home with no 2nd or 3rd in between...

Zeheart catches a wrench = He and girl might be in love

They shake hands = They're best friends

Don't kill Awsem when you have chance = love triangle

It reminded me of how they made Wolf and Flit friends and rivals based on like 5 mins of episode footage...

I can truly understand how Gundam AGE was originally planned to just be a video game, because the way they setup the story is analogous to the insert scenes in a game...You know when you're playing a game like this and they have these quick stories to setup the eventual game-battle? Most of the time as a kid (If the story was just straightforward like this) I would mash the buttons to skip these stories and just get to the game...

This episode was "mash the buttons" worthy in the way it's setting up this love triangle and friendship...It's just so simple in it's quickness and quick in it's simpleness...It can be done better IMO...

I also was kinda bummed out that Awsem no longer used or tried to use the 2-sword fighting style >_<...That's really $hitty to me that they may just toss that stylistic improvement out of the window...That really got me hype last week on what Awsem's fighting style would be like...

What I did enjoy (and what I'd like to focus on) is the new Vagan MS's and new EFF suits to boot...I thought Zeheart's new suit was really awesome and I can see alot of Union Flag influences in many of the Vagan designs which is a great thing...Those Vagan suits sans the gargoyle Dorados are really getting some good design freedom so far...

Next ep we mash buttons once again and skip to Awsem and Romary's Officer & a Gentlmen moment that makes the MS Club figureheads become evenmore hated enemies...Hopefully I don't press to fast and miss the EFF and//or Vagan conflict storylines that i pray won't be like arc 1 in their pedestrian nature...

6/10...
I'll give you points 1 and 2, but 3 is just silly. Zeheart's intention was never to kill Asem, he actually said something like "I'm not going to kill, but just stay still" or something like that. It gives the impression he was going to disable the Gundam and capture it, not destroy it.
Old 2012-02-06, 23:29   Link #46
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

^Yeah you're right, I was morso talking about the gesture inwhich he's about to "kill" the Gundam...Then stops...So just change it to "defeat", and it's the same difference...
Old 2012-02-08, 01:32   Link #47
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
that MS tournament, did this ep just made a reference to G Gundam?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 05:04   Link #48
PzIVf3

A mobile suit close-to can be very frightening its takes courage for the infantry to throw everything at them. Whats the effective method for the shoulder firing missile against mobile suit?
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 05:07   Link #49
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
A mobile suit close-to can be very frightening its takes courage for the infantry to throw everything at them. Whats the effective method for the shoulder firing missile against mobile suit?
In the 08th MS Team, it was shooting the warhead between the legs from right under the skirt armor.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-09, 05:31   Link #50
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by PzIVf3 View Post
Prepared firing positions and coordinated surprise attack, like in MS Igloo 2. The infantry were shown aiming for the Zaku's backpack and the anti-MS tv guided missiles did defeat the Zeon joint armors.

But in this episode's case, the valor of the barn defense team only served to distract the poorly piloted Dorado (and the viewers) so that Asem can setup the Age-1 in time.
Old 2012-02-09, 06:29   Link #51
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Zeheart is going to be into Asem's sister... calling it. No love triangle... it's a fake out.

Why is Asem's sister a better choice...

- sister to Asem
- Flit's daughter
- 1000000 times better hostage than Romary since she is worth something to the heroes
- Asem's sister + Stockholm syndrome = WIN!

The intro kind of hints at a time skip. Flit gets a new Gundam. He looks older in the group shot. He probably graduates from the military academy and gets assigned to the new Diva by his father. Romary and his other friends seem to be serving with him on the Diva.

Will Asem really go through the military academy? It doesn't seem like he wants to wait around.

I could see him kidnapping Unoa, use her to steal the original Gundam, and then keep her with the martians for years.

Flit promises to look for her. Asem stays in the academy. Flit flies custom mobile suit, gives Asem new Age Gundam.

Martians reverse engineer the first AGE Gundam. Unoa works on mech for Vagan... talent rivals brother and father.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 00:21   Link #52
Sage Shinigami

Send a message via AIM to Sage Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Sage Shinigami
Quote:
Originally Posted by xellos2099 View Post
I am not sure of what's the point of Zehart stealing the gundam age 1 model. By now Age 1 should be quite outdated by now and even if Zehart manage to steal it... won't Flin be able to made another one relatively quickly?
For what it's worth, they actually explained this last episode as far as AGE-1 being outdated. The grandfather said the Gundam was constantly being worked on and it's output was actually far higher than when Flit used it years ago.

Anyway, after seeing this episode I'm certain--this story is going way too fast. They needed at least another 10-20 episodes to give each protagonist 20+ episodes to work with. Normally people have too much time to tell a story, but in this case it's much too compressed and as a result we've gotten two montage scenes in seventeen episodes.

Also, these complaints about security are beginning to bug me. This would not be the first season in which villains were able to sneak mobile suits from place to place. What they DID do that was annoying, was several times treat the beam saber like a regular sword. If you stick it into the ground, it should wreck quite a bit of the soil since it's ONE GIANT LASER. And there's no way that dude should've been able to get out of the cockpit if it was in the head, after Asemu stuck a saber in the neck. The heat output should've killed whatever his name was.

Overall, this episode felt kinda pointless. It's silly to set your secret weapon on a farm, yeah. But that's not exactly a new trope. It's pretty time-honored and we could've gone the entire series and no one would've complained if Asemu kept it there. Pointing out how silly it is however, only made the series itself seem that much more ridiculous from a logic perspective when they had to move it.

Last edited by Sage Shinigami; 2012-02-12 at 00:42.
Sage Shinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-12, 08:43   Link #53
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Shinigami View Post
For what it's worth, they actually explained this last episode as far as AGE-1 being outdated. The grandfather said the Gundam was constantly being worked on and it's output was actually far higher than when Flit used it years ago.

Anyway, after seeing this episode I'm certain--this story is going way too fast. They needed at least another 10-20 episodes to give each protagonist 20+ episodes to work with. Normally people have too much time to tell a story, but in this case it's much too compressed and as a result we've gotten two montage scenes in seventeen episodes.

Also, these complaints about security are beginning to bug me. This would not be the first season in which villains were able to sneak mobile suits from place to place. What they DID do that was annoying, was several times treat the beam saber like a regular sword. If you stick it into the ground, it should wreck quite a bit of the soil since it's ONE GIANT LASER. And there's no way that dude should've been able to get out of the cockpit if it was in the head, after Asemu stuck a saber in the neck. The heat output should've killed whatever his name was.

Overall, this episode felt kinda pointless. It's silly to set your secret weapon on a farm, yeah. But that's not exactly a new trope. It's pretty time-honored and we could've gone the entire series and no one would've complained if Asemu kept it there. Pointing out how silly it is however, only made the series itself seem that much more ridiculous from a logic perspective when they had to move it.

Not really ridiculous...

- Flit's house and barn are inside a high security compound... he's head of the military, afterall.

- the UE would have to break through the colony's defenses

- the Gundam was kept in the barn so Asem and his grandfather-in-law could work on it and train with it.

- the UE wasn't supposed to know the Gundam was on the colony. The Gundam being there was a secret.

- the Gundam isn't much safer in the military base since the military base would still be a high value target. Now that the enemy really knows about the Gundam... the only choice is the base since it would have mecha guarding it while the pilot is doing other stuff.

This series is missing something so far... like a... princess or high value female in distress.

Unoa is gonna get kidnapped. Audrey Burn/Mineva... Marina Ismail... where are you? Relena Peacecraft?

Bwahaha!

Too late to introduce a Martian princess.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion