AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

View Poll Results: Infinite Stratos 2 - Episode 2 Rating
Perfect 10 9 23.08%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 5 12.82%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 17.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 25.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 12.82%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.56%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.56%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 2.56%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-11, 19:26   Link #41
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by princeofcups View Post
It wasn't judo, it was budo, that is, anything goes. Judoka do not wear hakama.
Bah, I misread it then. My mistake.
Old 2013-10-11, 22:20   Link #42
XFire
150% done

I was going to say something about the episode, but then Houki meowed at me and I forgot.

On a slightly more serious not, I like what they are doing with the ending credits. I guess they'll add one more character into the picture every episode?
Old 2013-10-12, 00:52   Link #43
Eratas123

Woah, Tatenashi is really pale :/ Guess I know where the theory where she's only half-Japanese comes from.
Old 2013-10-12, 01:15   Link #44
wavehawk
Some say I'm the Reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
People are still complainng about Ichika he has the charm and personality of hugpillow.
- Well...some people like hugpillows, what can I say?
Old 2013-10-12, 01:38   Link #45
Javiersansano

Why the hell did the production staff had to eliminate 1° Season finale's Byakushiki? Is ity really that hard on the drawers and budget to use the "real" Byaushiki Setsura, instead of this lame 1° shift + claw combination?
Old 2013-10-12, 01:41   Link #46
Eratas123

One thing that pisses me off is the double standard: The very second the girls think Ichika is doing something untoward to someone that isn't them they get pissy and ATTACK him. Why do they think they're justified in doing this? This makes them look like they think they're outright entitled to have him despite the fact that, no, he never confessed to them or told them that he liked them that way. It just makes them unlikeable 'Mine!Mine!Mine!' psychopaths.
Old 2013-10-12, 02:00   Link #47
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
One thing that pisses me off is the double standard: The very second the girls think Ichika is doing something untoward to someone that isn't them they get pissy and ATTACK him. Why do they think they're justified in doing this? This makes them look like they think they're outright entitled to have him despite the fact that, no, he never confessed to them or told them that he liked them that way. It just makes them unlikeable 'Mine!Mine!Mine!' psychopaths.
Make them OOC and you`ll be the 'boss' lol.

Like Eratas said, I was pissed at that too. Man it really disappoints me(even the Ep 1 where Ichika`s denseness goes into effect, man this guy needs someone who will handle him) .

The good thing about the ep 2 is Tatenashi lol..I mean look at her and you`ll see what I am talking about haha
Old 2013-10-12, 02:01   Link #48
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
This.

I wouldn't say they're psychopaths, nor do I think bad of them because of the fact they're being posessive of Ichika itself. But one of the reasons that Charlotte and Tatenashi shot up to my two favorite characters is because everybody else has fierce bouts of jack@$$-ness, one example being they attack Ichika on sight when he's with another female presence. They just assume he's doing something wrong and outright assault him, even when it's clear that he's totally innocent. (unfortunately Charlotte is showing some signs of this herself, but it's still not as bad as many of the others)

Take this episode for example; Tatenashi sneaks into Ichika's room and does the naked apron routine. Houki hears them from outside his room and goes on the attack, literally, because he's with another girl. Then she sees Tatenashi and, despite it being COMPLETELY against his character, assumes Ichika intentionally brought her there to put the moves on her. Exactly what part of Ichika's character or personality would make her think that?

Then of course you have Chifuyu, who since the beginning has taken every opportunity to ridicule and put down Ichika, calling him a fool and weak. Yes I know she has her dere side and she does care about him and she's trying to help him become a better IS pilot, but this excuses only so much negative attitude and she passed that limit ages ago. You can be a good instructor without being the outright @$$ that she acts like. Lucky for her that Ichika is largely a beta dog-type personality; he doesn't hate the constant put-downs and attacks. Otherwise he'd have gotten fed up with her (and many of the other girls) long ago.

This is an aspect I've hated in a lot of female characters in various anime. (but not limited to female characters, it's just far more prominent with females in anime) They should know perfectly well that the guy didn't do anything nor would he, but they just straight out accuse him of being a perverted lech that he isn't.
And then there's the outright abusive ones who are just constantly putting down the main character and just being an overall b*tch...........ugh.
Old 2013-10-12, 02:20   Link #49
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Harem antic, what could I say?

Lucky that I could change it with my fanfiction.

Also, who here agree that IS would so much better if we have no harem and instead have Ichika focus on battle and Houki?
Old 2013-10-12, 03:21   Link #50
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
Harem antic, what could I say?

Lucky that I could change it with my fanfiction.

Also, who here agree that IS would so much better if we have no harem and instead have Ichika focus on battle and Houki?
Of course you can change it by fanfiction(everything is allowed except yaoi[I hate that!).

Fire, that would not be fun because IS has a harem tag on it officially and we don`t know which girl will Ichika end up with ..so maybe the girl win? . After watching this episode, I know where to start that(Somewhere in summer vacation ) and will be filled some introductory chapters..I dont know how many but, I`ll decide.
Old 2013-10-12, 10:23   Link #51
ShiroiRyu

I'm already loving the new character.
But first is Charlotte.
Old 2013-10-12, 10:50   Link #52
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post

Take this episode for example; Tatenashi sneaks into Ichika's room and does the naked apron routine. Houki hears them from outside his room and goes on the attack, literally, because he's with another girl. Then she sees Tatenashi and, despite it being COMPLETELY against his character, assumes Ichika intentionally brought her there to put the moves on her. Exactly what part of Ichika's character or personality would make her think that?
And that is the very reason nobody freaking cares about Houki and probably the main reason why people are more fond of Char so far and any other character so far.
Old 2013-10-12, 11:23   Link #53
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

The fact that even canon literally ignore her FUCKING CHARACTER ARC AND DEVELOPMENT infuriated me, for once. Seriously, the OVA had much, much more attractive Houki because she's level headed while still being a Tsundere.

Twice because it's used to introduce new girl.

Thrice because said girl absolutely thrashed her pride and tamed her like a beastmaster would.
Old 2013-10-12, 11:42   Link #54
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Most important: We see why Char is the best girl, being so considerate.
indeed, onee-sama....
although I like Houki, Char is just in another stage comparing to the harems...
Maybe the only end left for Ichika are Tatenashi's end, Char's end, and of course Chifuyu's end

I love how Tatenashi handled all Ichika's harem... left them speechless and powerless
Old 2013-10-12, 11:52   Link #55
Miraluka
Banned

Tons of Char's fanart.
Tons of Char's doujin.

And tons of doujin with Houki as the butt monkey .
Old 2013-10-12, 12:00   Link #56
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
I'd like to say you can't really take all the harem antics seriously... but if you don't take them seriously, some of these girls have almost nothing left to define their characters.

Tatenashi at least seems sincere in wanting Ichika to get stronger. I'd even go so far as to say that she thinks he needs to get laid for that very reason, lol. You know, as a form of badly needed stress release so he can perform better in training/combat.

Charlotte at least has moments of being considerate towards Ichika, and caring about him for his own sake.

The rest seem to think they just own him, like he's a piece of property or something. Laura going on and on about him being her "bride" is particularly annoying. When did he ever propose to you, Laura?

Yes, I know that all of this is just to play up harem comedy to the nth degree, but when you don't have much serious characterization to balance that out with, what else can you say about the cast?

Serious mecha action can't come soon enough in this show, as far as I'm concerned.
Old 2013-10-12, 23:19   Link #57
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyshark View Post
People are still complainng about Ichika he has the charm and personality of hugpillow. Talking about some yan, how come Hugpillow does not have little sister to stalk him?
I can understand people saying that Ichika scores low on intelligence, but I don't think he lacks charm. I can't help but like the guy.

I like this Tatenashi girl. I think Infinite Stratos 2 carries itself with a sense of confidence, which is always nice to see in any piece of media.
Old 2013-10-13, 02:15   Link #58
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Tatenashi hawtness made this episode.

I was loyal to Charlotte until Tatenashi showed up. Now It's a toss-up between the two for me.
She's hot, but still can't beat my Tabane-sama.
Old 2013-10-13, 03:56   Link #59
justpassingby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
And that is the very reason nobody freaking cares about Houki and probably the main reason why people are more fond of Char so far and any other character so far.
Speak for yourself? Or should I concern about the majority?
Old 2013-10-13, 07:15   Link #60
MasterVampire

Quote:
Yeah when whatshername barges into the room Ichika should just yell out and tell her to mind her own fuckin business as its not like they are in a relationship and he is cheating on her.

Ichika is such a doormat.
Failure of a member of the male species.

I think he is the worst male in a harem series.
Closed Thread