AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-03-22, 01:37   Link #41
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Yup, I'm all-in on this one. Preview looks great.
Old 2015-03-22, 06:39   Link #42
Spaceships

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Hmm... This has my attention.
Yeah, the PV has a great look.
Old 2015-03-22, 08:01   Link #43
kuromitsu

Mitsuhide? A pretty ominous name, any relation to the infamous Mr Akechi?
Old 2015-03-22, 10:08   Link #44
Lota

Mitsuhide looks soooo weird here, I'm hoping it's just the case in the preview because he's really quite handsome in the manga >///<

Actually, everyone looks a little strange, but that's just because I'm used to the beautiful art style of the manga, I'm sure I'll get used to it in time
Old 2015-03-22, 11:01   Link #45
PreSage
Strangely dependable...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lota View Post
Mitsuhide looks soooo weird here, I'm hoping it's just the case in the preview because he's really quite handsome in the manga >///<

Actually, everyone looks a little strange, but that's just because I'm used to the beautiful art style of the manga, I'm sure I'll get used to it in time
I don't think he looks too bad but I do agree that the anime character designs are a bit off compared to the manga (Kiki may be the only one that resembles her manga counterpart the most; and I think her name is spelled as Gigi here? ). I think they oversimplified the design. Too bad Studio Pierrot isn't doing the adaptation for this series because they did a really good job with Akatsuki no Yona.

I've never paid much attention to animation studios but how is Bones with manga adaptations? Do they do it well?

[/TH][/TR][/table]
Old 2015-03-22, 14:15   Link #46
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmmm...the pv looks good. Chara designs seem a little less...erm..."angular" than drawn in the manga (at least to me and at first glance) but overall looks promising!
Old 2015-03-23, 20:37   Link #47
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxulous View Post
I had to keep reminding myself that I wasn't watching a preview for Yona s2.
I know right?

Especially when the MC looks JUST LIKE Yona.
Old 2015-03-23, 20:52   Link #48
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Is the deal here that all red-haired characters supposedly look alike? Because apart from the hair and the gender, she looks nothing like Yona.
Old 2015-03-23, 22:23   Link #49
Maxulous
mono no aware

It's more of a déjà vu.

Old 2015-03-24, 01:21   Link #50
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Since the only feasible alternative is racism, I'm going to charitably chalk this Yona/Shirayuki nonsense up to anti-shoujo bias ("they all look alike"). That does seem to be the general viewpoint of many viewers/readers towards anything in the demographic.
Old 2015-03-24, 02:43   Link #51
Maxulous
mono no aware

What a charitable straw man.
Old 2015-03-24, 17:56   Link #52
IceHism

Yay hayamin.

I wish the designs were more shoujo-esque though. I like pretty girls and boys.
Old 2015-03-24, 18:51   Link #53
mistress_kisara

It's Akatsuki no Yona with a red-haired Yoon as protagonist
Old 2015-03-31, 09:18   Link #54
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I'm sure this will be very nice, but I'm just so disappointed that it seems every new shoujo stuff we get is either a sweet fantasy romance or yet another high school romance with all the clichés. :/ (I suppose there's Kuroshitsuji, and Yona which technically has a plot aside of being a fantasy romance.)

There's so much more to shoujo manga than this... why can't we have an adaptation of a shoujo horror manga, or a mystery or a dark fantasy or basically anything that is not cute and and not set in a high school or *gasp* is not a romance... (<- rhetoric question)
lol Seriously, this. Although, I've enjoyed most of the shoujo that's come out lately. and I'm likely to enjoy this if the story is as interesting as Yona, but it would be nice if we could get something other then romance. It's really not like that's all shoujo has to offer contrary to what some people might want to believe.
Old 2015-03-31, 09:27   Link #55
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I'm a bit confused here. The gist of this criticism seems to be based on the premise that Yona is primarily a romance, which I would strongly argue it's not. What unsavory trend is Yona being accused of being an example of here?
Old 2015-03-31, 09:37   Link #56
FunnyGuy
Banned

As long as it's vanilla.......
Old 2015-03-31, 12:19   Link #57
Frontier

I'm going to be in it for the romance, so honestly not an issue for me .
Old 2015-03-31, 13:39   Link #58
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I'm a bit confused here. The gist of this criticism seems to be based on the premise that Yona is primarily a romance, which I would strongly argue it's not. What unsavory trend is Yona being accused of being an example of here?
It's not a criticism of Yona specifically, but the shoujo anime that has come out recently in general. Mostly light fluffy fantasy fair and or angsty or cliche or just straight up romances usually in high school. So as kuromitsu pointed it, it would be nice if we could also get some horror, or mystery, or dark fantasy shoujo titles.
Old 2015-03-31, 19:31   Link #59
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
It's not a criticism of Yona specifically, but the shoujo anime that has come out recently in general. Mostly light fluffy fantasy fair and or angsty or cliche or just straight up romances usually in high school. So as kuromitsu pointed it, it would be nice if we could also get some horror, or mystery, or dark fantasy shoujo titles.
Sorry, but I just don't think it's all that usual. You've had Yona, Soredemo Sekai (which is hardly a straight-up romance and certainly not in high school), Nozaki-kun. Considering the overall number of shoujo adaptations is so low, I think the percentages are pretty decent - and not much different than they've ever been.

In any event if one happens to like romance series, they should be glad for shoujo romances because you're sure not getting much romance from other demographics. Unless you call the kind of stuff you see in LN adaptations "romance".
Old 2015-03-31, 19:41   Link #60
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Since the only great non shojo romance to come out somewhat recently was white album 2, I don't see why shojo romance is a problem.
Closed Thread