AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > GATE

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2015-08-29, 06:28   Link #41
eiyuuou

Rory <=> Loli
Just a Japanese pun / runs
Old 2015-08-30, 16:00   Link #42
kukuru

If Rory was atomized, she would bring herself back together via magic. Matter energy conversation doesn't mean she doesn't exist, she'll just come back and reconstruct herself.

As this goes beyond the anime, there time limit is better left to another day.

While you can chop her up and imprison her, ala proven in 3x3 eyes it's quite easy to the extent even the empire can do it; there's a couple of reasons you don't want to.

1: Their patron God might decide to do some punishing

2: They won't stay demi-god forever, eventually they'll ascend and then you got one pissed off enemy

3: You have to consider the security involved. All it takes is a few missteps and that's it, reconstruction. Immortals have time in their hands unlike mortals.

The only way you're going to get rid of an apostle is to a level where you get at their authority, which is a problem since you would first have to have a relationship with their patron god.
Old 2015-08-30, 17:23   Link #43
nojay
Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuuou View Post
Rory <=> Loli
Just a Japanese pun / runs
Loli the Leaper? She can jump very well as we saw in the Battle of Italica episode.
Old 2015-08-30, 19:06   Link #44
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer in Tuka thread
Your dismissal of Rory because of her sexual behavior displays an ingrained cultural prudishness on your part. It might surprise you to learn that not all cultures, both in the modern world, and throughout history, have upheld that view of sex.
If I dismissed every character with immoral habits, I wouldn't be able to watch anime. Tsukuyo from Gintama and Akeginu from Basilisk are two of my favourite characters. But they should have either guilt, repentance, a just comeuppance or all three.

Rory is just too obviously otaku-bait for me to like. Her lust for blood and other things don't seem to be rooted in any deep aspect of character. If she develops the capacity for guilt, self-doubt or regret, she might possibly become more interesting I know many other characters don't have those things but they seem more capably of developing them than an invincible, almost sociopathic warrior.

Last edited by Ghostfriendly; 2015-08-31 at 01:57.
Old 2015-08-31, 00:06   Link #45
kukuru

On a different note Rory animated expression really do her justice. The judgemental silent stare is a classic Loli baba move that is typical of imortals. it totally juxtapose with her child like features and sometime tendencies.
Old 2015-08-31, 01:16   Link #46
Brother Coa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
If Rory was atomized, she would bring herself back together via magic. Matter energy conversation doesn't mean she doesn't exist, she'll just come back and reconstruct herself.

As this goes beyond the anime, there time limit is better left to another day.

While you can chop her up and imprison her, ala proven in 3x3 eyes it's quite easy to the extent even the empire can do it; there's a couple of reasons you don't want to.

1: Their patron God might decide to do some punishing

2: They won't stay demi-god forever, eventually they'll ascend and then you got one pissed off enemy

3: You have to consider the security involved. All it takes is a few missteps and that's it, reconstruction. Immortals have time in their hands unlike mortals.

The only way you're going to get rid of an apostle is to a level where you get at their authority, which is a problem since you would first have to have a relationship with their patron god.
So she works like perpetual from Warhammer 40.000?
That's either the worst thing possible or best thing ever. XD
Old 2015-08-31, 01:42   Link #47
Sheba
Shitpost Gremlin

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
I am actually surprised that Rory living for so long didn't become devoid of sentiments or apathetic. Or I can guess that the JSDF getting involved in her world have been her once-in-a-while kind of entertainment.
Old 2015-09-13, 22:14   Link #48
Metaneo
Anime Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
I am actually surprised that Rory living for so long didn't become devoid of sentiments or apathetic. Or I can guess that the JSDF getting involved in her world have been her once-in-a-while kind of entertainment.
It really depends entirely on the person and the setting they are in. The special area seems like it's more prone to people dying than ours, so dealing with death and losing loved ones seems more common/expected than in ours, granted you can die on a moments notice in ours as well.

Rory seems like the kind of immortal that doesn't exclude herself from interacting with others for fear of losing those close to her. Most of the "apathetic" immortals only become that way due to isolating themselves due to fear inevitably losing the people close to them. They refuse to make new connections with people so their ability to care for others eventually dies. However, Rory is the apostle of Emroy, the God of Death, so she has unique views on the whole cycle of life & death. It also helps that Rory became immortal at a very young age, she had time to adjust to how her life will be.
Old 2015-09-14, 00:20   Link #49
rladls2121

If Rory met the Japan military forces in ww2 times and in the Special Region, what would Rory do to them?
And outcome is just too obvious to me or something even more unexpected.
I wondered about Rory's death penalty towards the bandits, and those bandits reminds me of...
It is just unpleasant to think about Rory's execution even though it seems right about it.
However not everything cannot be well because of her though.

Itami, considering he wants to keep his job, does he really want to avoid Rory's assault for that reason?
Even though Rory is supposed to be or seemingly his type, is it ironic?
Old 2015-09-29, 22:04   Link #50
BlueWay
Special Region Soldier

I've always wondered how to kill Rory in my current GATE story, and I know that wiki page states that she just can't outright be killed, but can be incapacitated by dismemberment.

But that's a funny thing, the author of GATE did. For all the gore and horrifics of GATE, I realized that the supposed only way to get rid of Rory would be to do something very gruesome to her, and I had to wonder who who would want to animate, draw, or even conceptualize that for any plot reason.

It's hard to stomach in my personal opinion.

Of course, I have a reason to kill her, but even as I draft that potential scenario up, it's not easy to do to imagine the intricacies of maiming, tearing apart, and killing a being that's twelve years old in physical form.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters