2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2017-07-10, 16:34   Link #41
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
IIRC, its said in ep1 that Ruler appears to make sure that the HGW goes smoothly.
That's vague. It could mean anything.
Old 2017-07-10, 16:47   Link #42
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That's vague. It could mean anything.
Because spoiler policy.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-10, 17:00   Link #43
Dextro
He Without a Title

I was not ready for Moe berserker. Is this the Cutest one in fate verse or are there other cases? Also Mordred and her master are basically carrying the show for me so far. Super cool fighting combo there.
Old 2017-07-10, 19:39   Link #44
Twi

Well, I know Grand Order has one of Tamamo with tiger or bear ears as far as moe Berserkers go.
Old 2017-07-11, 00:15   Link #45
ReddyRedWolf

This episode made me realize Mordred is Saber's Illya! Lots of irony going on here. All Mordred ever wanted was Arturia's attention and praise similar to Illya wanting Kiritsugu to be there for her. Here lies the difference. Kerry really loved Illya but can't get to her and Illya's mind was poisoned. Mordred is a homuculus clone made by Arturia's scheming sister Morgan. Arturia didn't commit incest with her sister and they are both biologically women hence Arturia can't have a legitimate child who is heir to the throne unless she gives birth to one or adopts a child. Essentially making Mordred a bastard.

Saber complains about Kiritsugu being distant that doesn't compare to what Mordred felt.

What is Sisigo's role here? He is Mordred's replacement daddy who approves of her.

Hence Modred wears like a skank as opposed to Arturia's preferred conservative looking Virgin Killer casual. Arturia would probably be scandalized by that get up. Sisigo is cool with it.

On Jean's character design she looks like a minor Minami-ke character.

Fran? I wouldn't call her Frankenstein's monster but the Bride of Frankenstein. Yes she is cuter than Beatrice.

Astolfo is definitely the friendliest of the Black Servants. Too bad his master is a pervert.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-11, 00:21   Link #46
Requiem-x
The slacking one

And there's Jack! Such a cute voice too. And holy crap, pouting Fran (Yes, I know!) is cute! That I did not expect. And of course, the cutest trap So yeah, this is quite a colorful crew of servants we got this time around, including the rebellious Mordred, who's turning out as cute in animated for as expected. Of course, things were a bit slow, but with so many characters to go through, that's to be expected. Still going strong.

Wait, did Chiron always have a tail?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I was not ready for Moe berserker. Is this the Cutest one in fate verse or are there other cases? Also Mordred and her master are basically carrying the show for me so far. Super cool fighting combo there.
Depends on your definition of cute. There's a yandere Berserker if you're interested in that stuff.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-11, 05:53   Link #47
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Arturia didn't commit incest with her sister and they are both biologically women hence Arturia can't have a legitimate child who is heir to the throne unless she gives birth to one or adopts a child. Essentially making Mordred a bastard.
1) A certain troll wizard gave her a functional penis for a period of time
2) A bastard just means they were born out of wedlock. It has nothing to do with whether they were actually birthed by you.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-11, 08:13   Link #48
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Mordred was pretty impressive in this episode. Her being strong with a sword was expected, but I never thought she would be able of such feats with her bare hands! I like what they're doing with her. She has a pretty cool personality that's very different from that of her "father", and her fighting style is a lot more aggressive as a result. Her master is also badass. They're definitely the best duo in the series so far.
Yeah, at this point, they're pretty much 50% of the reasons I follow this anime. Their chemistry is such a joy to watch. Oh, and I'm calling him Go Lion like that young dude did in episode 1. A name like that is too cool to pass on .

Btw, Frankenstein's monster does not resemble the IRL fictional character at all . Putting the genderbend aside, which iteration of Frankenstein makes him fight with a mace that can summon lightning? From a glance, her body and getup also looks too nice, clean and smooth for a monster made of assembled body parts. And she can't talk? With all those descriptions, why didn't the writer just made her the Bride of Frankenstein instead?
Old 2017-07-11, 08:42   Link #49
gunner56

S-She has heterochromia!
Old 2017-07-11, 10:58   Link #50
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Every time? See my posts again in the previous page.
  • First post: Applehell addressed the genderbent-issue which I quick to give it a reply of why such thing is passable for Jackie. Is it toxic? Nope, my post was meant to make the discussion moving forward from yet another genderbent issue.
  • Second post: I addressed Flareknight’s curiosity about the “relic” that can be used to summon Jackie with my own theory. Is it toxic? Far from it. It encouraged further discussion (which later carried on by Tenzen).
  • Third post: I replied to Applehell who brought up “why villains become servant?”. And since the show hasn’t answered that point yet (will it ever be answered though?) I basically suggested to wait and see because, yes, crazy things and crazy reveals happen in Fate anime. Is that comment toxic? It really depends on who sees it. For a Fate fans as (overly) sensitive as you, it might sound discouraging but my intent was never to make things sour nor to discourage discussions.

I think you need to calm down because, as you can see, nobody else is as triggered as you so far. In fact, if you keep acting like this, I bet more newcomers will be turned off and staying away from the discussions in this threads due to the negative tone and atmosphere.
I was more referring to what happened in the last thread that went very sour very quick as well and it looked like the same thing was going to happen here when you said this:

Quote:
Anything goes in Nasu-verse. Next thing we know, they'll make Jackie a hero by claiming that the hookers that she murdered were secretly vampires .

That's why I've given up in thinking too hard about these things. Just throw me a reason and I'll take it and move on .
It adds nothing to the discussion. It's just a rant that basically says "Nasu-verse is all bullshit, don't expect anything good from them." and shuts down the discussion. It doesn't really invite people to talk about the actual lore since the answer to every question would just be "Nasu-verse bullshit".

I have no idea what you're referring to by "acting like this". I haven't insulted anyone. I did describe some of your actions for what they were, however. You, however, keep calling me "offended" and "triggered" even though I'm neither of these things.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-11, 11:37   Link #51
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I just realized Arturia and Mordred's wishes for the grail are roughly the same: they want the selection of the king to be redone.
Old 2017-07-11, 13:49   Link #52
Nachtwandler
Yurifag

Quote:
Yeah, at this point, they're pretty much 50% of the reasons I follow this anime. Their chemistry is such a joy to watch. Oh, and I'm calling him Go Lion like that young dude did in episode 1. A name like that is too cool to pass on .

Btw, Frankenstein's monster does not resemble the IRL fictional character at all . Putting the genderbend aside, which iteration of Frankenstein makes him fight with a mace that can summon lightning? From a glance, her body and getup also looks too nice, clean and smooth for a monster made of assembled body parts. And she can't talk? With all those descriptions, why didn't the writer just made her the Bride of Frankenstein instead?
In Nasuverse Dr.frankenstein decided to make female monster first for some reason. Also, in fact she can talk but prefers not to as it is to tiring under Mad Enchantment.

Also, I agree with some posters here that for now Kairi - Mordred pair are the main attcraction of the show.
Nachtwandler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-11, 13:53   Link #53
DemonneoPT

I like the new Saber. Mordred has a cool personality and so far, way more interesting than Arthuria. I kinda enjoy this tough and rebel female chars instead of the ones acting all cute/shy and shit..lol. The other Saber dude has a fantastic design and i'm curious to see a bit more of him. However, i'm extremelly disappointed at the loli Jack, trap(?) Astolfo and moe Frankenstein... but that's just me since i hate those tropes in fantasy shows, especially in something like Fate, that tends to have a darker atmosphere that totally clashes with those type of characters. But whatever, luckily the main duo with our Necromancer and Mordred are fun to watch and that's what it matters
DemonneoPT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-11, 14:42   Link #54
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
The Astolfo Train is on full steam on twitter.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-11, 15:07   Link #55
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
I laughed a bit too much at that I'll admit
Old 2017-07-11, 15:44   Link #56
Tenzen12

Is that reference to Gundam? Zeta maybe?
Old 2017-07-11, 17:36   Link #57
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Is that reference to Gundam? Zeta maybe?
It's Gundam 0083: Stardust Memory OP. But instead of Kou Uraki running, they replaced it with Astolfo.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
I was more referring to what happened in the last thread that went very sour very quick as well and it looked like the same thing was going to happen here when you said this:

It adds nothing to the discussion. It's just a rant that basically says "Nasu-verse is all bullshit, don't expect anything good from them." and shuts down the discussion. It doesn't really invite people to talk about the actual lore since the answer to every question would just be "Nasu-verse bullshit".

I have no idea what you're referring to by "acting like this". I haven't insulted anyone. I did describe some of your actions for what they were, however. You, however, keep calling me "offended" and "triggered" even though I'm neither of these things.
And yet other people here have are not as disturbed by my playful poking to Fate except for you. They're still discussing things enjoyably and I even received a good reply from Nachtwandler above . It's like other people aside from you can actually take a joke or two. You worry for nothing, apparently. But it might come true if you keep on accusing me and being confrontational to me in your posts.
Old 2017-07-11, 20:54   Link #58
Wandering Soul

Quote:
That really brought an unexpected smile out of me. Astolfo seems to be a hit so far.
Old 2017-07-11, 21:48   Link #59
AnimeFan188

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post

What is Sisigo's role here? He is Mordred's replacement daddy who approves of her.

Hence Modred wears like a skank as opposed to Arturia's preferred conservative looking Virgin Killer casual. Arturia would probably be scandalized by that get up. Sisigo is cool with it.

On Jean's character design she looks like a minor Minami-ke character.
Considering how short-tempered and powerful Mordred is, Sisigo has to be tolerant
with her in any case.

For someone who's so sensitive about being called a woman, Mordred sure likes to
show off her assets when there are no other servants or masters around. Though I
wondered why she showed her face in the battle in the town, an enemy observation
familiar could've seen her, and her secret would've been revealed.

About that town battle:

It didn't look like the civilians were evacuated from that town beforehand (the lights
were still on). Were they all killed off for seeing too much? Does the Black faction even
care if the existence of Mages becomes public knowledge?

In the battle we get to see that Sisigo isn't the sort of master who sits around and
orders his servant into combat, he wants to fight too. He even uses a gun, though for
some reason the enemy homonculi were using bows and arrows. Sisigo also has some
nifty poison gas grenades (does that have something to do with him being a
Necromancer?)

It looks like Spartacus/Berserker has gone off to start a fight on his own too.

Other observations:

Chiron the centaur was summoned by the wheelchair-bound girl, so I suppose it's only
a matter of time before we see her riding Chiron's back.

Chiron said he appeared as a human to conceal his identity, if that's the case maybe he
should have dispensed with the horsey-tail?

Note that when Frankenstein's master was testing his servant's power, he used his own
side's golems as practice targets, instead of just using some rocks or something. Even
the other members of the Black faction have no respect for those things! I wonder
what the golem-maker would've thought of that.

Watching the burning-at-the-stake scene and seeing the appearance of Vlad Tepes,
gave me flashbacks to the first episode of Castlevania.

I suppose it's appropriate that Vlad Tepes was summoned as a Lancer-class servant
considering his nickname.

Gordes is lucky he got Seigfried/Saber for a servant instead of Mordred/Saber,
otherwise their partnership (as well as Gordes) would've been short-lived.

Last edited by AnimeFan188; 2017-07-12 at 01:57.
AnimeFan188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-12, 00:45   Link #60
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFan188 View Post
Note that when Frankenstein's master was testing his servant's power, he used his own
side's golems as practice targets, instead of just using some rocks or something. Even
the other members of the Black faction have no respect for those things! I wonder
what the golem-maker would've thought of that.
It's one thing if a Noble Phantasm can blast rocks and another if it can blast magically (magitech?) made golems meant for warfare. They likely made better test subjects than mere boulders.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote