AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2019-07-23, 18:27   Link #41
Wandering Soul

Homare is really into traps, isn't she? I like how enthusiastic her younger self was during the explanation for them.
Old 2019-07-24, 00:59   Link #42
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, it certainly looks more interesting than eating yak balls or whatever.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-24, 05:19   Link #43
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 4:

cannot be picky. Hermit crabs are still crab. Shion have no choice. ^^

the smiling toad is lucky. Asuka is a bit compassionate. She probably did not want to eat toad legs anyway.

Homare is shocked that toad escape..

they captured Asuka's "bunny" twice.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-25, 22:37   Link #44
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
Homare is really into traps, isn't she? I like how enthusiastic her younger self was during the explanation for them.
Deadfalls are probably the least tricky to setup, and I think this is how Les Stroud caught one in his "Plane Crash" episode. One legitimate concern is that rabbits are (relatively) easy to catch, so it is possible to grab a bunch of them and have them become a staple, but because they're so lean, one could run the risk of "rabbit starvation". In order to avoid this, all parts of the rabbit, including the eyes, organs and bones, should be eaten to get at the fat. Stroud frequently mentions that in survival situations, all creatures are fair game, so it was funny to see the girls' responses to the prospect of having to kill something for food.
Old 2019-07-30, 13:47   Link #45
Marina2

Ep.5

Now, this is quite comfy ep.

Who would have guessed you can host a BBQ party with some tea on a desert island?
Old 2019-07-30, 14:11   Link #46
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Ep.5

Now, this is quite comfy ep.

Who would have guessed you can host a BBQ party with some tea on a desert island?
Jejeje they got a good island, unlike tom hanks.

ummm how Homare cared about Shion...don't tell me she love her already

Poor Shion, though she saw a ship...
Nivek von Beldo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-31, 06:23   Link #47
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 5:

Shion-sama is picky with food, but still a kind person. She "liked" the starfish after seeing Homare had hurt her hand. Well, you liked the starfish so Homare get more.. sounan desuka? xD

Also funny when Shion imagine that she will be punished by Homare. hehe

Nice bbq party with delicous fish and tea.

Noo, they will kill usagi-san next episode! ;_;
Old 2019-07-31, 22:35   Link #48
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Morale is a pretty big factor in survival. Good food is definitely a morale booster, and all it would take now is a harmonica. Each week, I find myself impressed with what Sounan Desu ka presents: this is definitely worthy of being Survivorman The Anime. Coming next time:

Quote:
"I hate to kill any living thing. But in a survival situation, all life is fair game."
Old 2019-08-06, 15:34   Link #49
Nivek von Beldo

And was a rabbit and Asuka was able to kill him easily and later myu to cut him.

Seems Shion idea worked very welll and all enjoyed the food. Cute chapter
Old 2019-08-06, 18:13   Link #50
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 6:

usagi-san died. ;_;

well, but the meat must have taste good. Did not expect so much meat can come out of 1 rabbit. There are 4 pack of meat for each of them.

Shion has a talent for making stone kniffe. xD
Old 2019-08-13, 12:51   Link #51
Nivek von Beldo

That is trully a big island...and seems did was inhabited before...but seems a long time ago as the hopeless destroyed house...for a moment i thought she found a map,..nope some scissors...but that cliffhanger again
Old 2019-08-13, 14:19   Link #52
4th Dimension

If they are in the Pacific there are countless islands that served in one or other purpose as bases during WWII.

Also that building was pretty much stripped methodically of anything important if the only thing remaining was that pair of scizors and no other tools.

Then again even if it had rotted, those aluminium sheets do look mostly intact and might make a good material to make a more permanent shelter. Then again with no nails or metal sheers they'll have toruble attaching it properly.

Oh and, I would not sleep on a fisher's net without some padding. That's usualy made of quite thin nylon, which will dig into you.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-14, 08:07   Link #53
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 7:

looks like the island was inhabited several years ago, but abandoned at some point. Too bad the house is almost useless. They at least have a more decent blade now.. but it seems rock knife is still better to cut food, because they might get sick from the rusty blade?

And where did that smoke come from? Other survivors?!
Old 2019-08-18, 16:14   Link #54
James Rye

Episode 5: Homare gonna be a good and doting mom for sure. "Don't eat quickly and choke." and trying harder to get more "normal" food for Shion and getting Starfishes. Didn't knew you could eat those. Next episode, rabbit meat on the menu! There should be more cooking shows with cute/hot girls in underwear like Homare did so. <3

Episode 6: "Stone knife?" Cutest clueless girls. <3
Also good development for all 3 of them girls, Asuka was able to girl a rabbit, something she couldn't do before, Shion found her knack of being good with dex work like making stone tools and Mutsu got the guts (hehe) to cut up a rabbit and prepare it for dinner. Homare got all the reasons to be proud of her girls today.^^

Episode 7: LOL! That start with Homare having to chose her (favorite) girl to accompany her on a exploration trip. And she is just "uh...". XDDD
And how disappointed Asuka and Shion were when Mutsu was chosen. XDDD
Homare being so worried about the other two was adorable. Loli Homare is still the most adorable thing in the show ofc! <3
I loved how hyper Homare was about her metal found which the other three girls didn't appreciate at all. It was two worlds colliding again with one left none the wiser why the other one is acting like that. Homare trying to explain the awesomeness of those beat-up scissors was the best. xD
The ending with the smoke will be the next big thing in the coming episode? Other survivors perhaps? The Oasis seems to hint at a hot spring though and we all know most girls like to stay clean.

Also Liddo-kun, I am sure Homare knows a way to derust knives in one way or another to make them usable again.
Old 2019-08-21, 09:20   Link #55
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
And where did that smoke come from? Other survivors?!
Turns out the smoke was actually steam from a hot springs. The island remains as deserted as ever for the time being.
Old 2019-08-21, 10:05   Link #56
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I'm pretty sure there wouldn't be any echo when that girl shouts from the one and only high peak on the island. Echoes happen because sound hits high mountains or other large obstacles and bounces back. There wasn't anything substantial to bounce back from, so it should've been silent.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-08-22, 18:11   Link #57
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Watched episode 8:

luxurious hot springs bath. Without any bath towels. The fan service is becoming more intense.

still, I wonder how many years ago the island was abandoned? And that hot springs rock arrangement was certainly done by people.
Old 2019-08-22, 18:47   Link #58
Nivek von Beldo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Watched episode 8:

luxurious hot springs bath. Without any bath towels. The fan service is becoming more intense.

still, I wonder how many years ago the island was abandoned? And that hot springs rock arrangement was certainly done by people.
The girls got lucky the wave didn't take away their clothes, were smart to put them away safely,

By the state of that Hut/shack..at least 10 year, more or less that average
Old 2019-08-24, 06:33   Link #59
Liddo-kun
is this so?

agreed. 10 years estimate for things to start crumbling like that.

More questions are... why did people live on the island, and also why did they abandon it later?
Old 2019-08-24, 09:47   Link #60
James Rye

Maybe it is even from the war time? LIke it was an Outpost of some sort where soldiers were stationed so i would make sense they'd take an Onsen bath.

As for episode 8, seems they going to leave a lot out which makes sense given their short episode time, makes me wonder how they plan on ending it. Homare is such a caretaker of those girls and Shion has zero self-awareness that she is also causing Homare much trouble. XD
But man, lighting can shock you from that afar in the water? Poor fishies...

Tags
deserted island, girl ensemble, shoujo ai, survival