Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-07-06, 04:48   Link #41
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
To quote a great anime philosopher, "fun things are fun". This is fun.
I agree with this 100%.

I can point out how "unoriginal" this is when I noticed how the protagonist is a 100 times more likeable clone of Tatsuya from Mahouka while having ideas from Harry Potter mixed in (the owl? Voldemortigold?) but then I can't deny how fun the first episode looked, beating up pompous "royals" with the protagonists' OP powers is always fun, not to mention that this episode is competently made, even if as with any other series like this there's a chance that the episodes goes from passable to unbearable down the line, like what happened with arifureta.

I'm picking this up for this season is what I'm saying.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-06, 09:30   Link #42
Nymene

This anime will feature many more interesting characters too that I find to be more interesting than Rokudenashi Majutsu Koushi, so do stay in for the ride ( get the popcorns ready too ).
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-06, 11:28   Link #43
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinvelt View Post
Because I see it often (not just here), I'm just going to comment quickly: this isn't a "braindead Narou story".
As a WN reader (LN is an exact copy of the WN btw, so doesn't change anything) I can say the world building in this novel is amazing. The problem is that it builds itself slowly, so unfortunately anime viewers won't see that.
On the other hand, the novel gets better and better, the author manages to tie everything together and it's amazing, you can only take your hat off to him.

Also, everything is explained. There isn't any "illogical" stuff. It's just that, well, like many stories, explanations come later, so it appears illogical at first.
I never paid this story much attention before, but if you're saying this, I'll have to give it a try.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-07, 13:23   Link #44
haseo0408

I like the first episodio of the anime, I'm gonna give this series a chance.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-08, 21:59   Link #45
alex_drian

I liked it. As someone that only read to the first arc in WN and manga I can say that I like the...what is the word? energy that this have, something like I can feel the fun that the author was having. You want a truly OP MC, make it, is your story. Is sincere, don't have intent in being hypocrite (at least for what I read) and I like that. Kinda this feeling remember me to the Smarphone one where I could feel the author was having fun without give a crap for the readers and that was good. You want to write a fellatory fantasy? make it a fellatory fantasy then.
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-09, 20:06   Link #46
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
I liked it. As someone that only read to the first arc in WN and manga I can say that I like the...what is the word? energy that this have, something like I can feel the fun that the author was having. You want a truly OP MC, make it, is your story. Is sincere, don't have intent in being hypocrite (at least for what I read) and I like that. Kinda this feeling remember me to the Smarphone one where I could feel the author was having fun without give a crap for the readers and that was good. You want to write a fellatory fantasy? make it a fellatory fantasy then.
You took the words right out of my mouth, this story gives the same feeling as Isekai Smartphone as you said, you just have to sit back, relax and enjoy the story. There is reason I always devour every new volume of Isekai Smartphone as soon ir comes out un english, I hope this series gives me the same.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-11, 11:53   Link #47
Frontier

So we see the last days of Anos' reign as demon lord as he sacrifices himself to bring peace to the realms after being tired of all the fighting and bloodshed. Was the plan to separate the demons, humans, and other races from each other so they could no longer fight or interact with one another ?

We also get to meet the Hero nemesis to Anos' Demon Lord, Kanon (voiced by hero VA Ryota Ohsaka) though rather then archenemies they feel more like adversaries who respected each other in-spite of their differences, to the point of thanking each other in the end and wishing they could truly be friends in their next lives. Did Kanon reincarnate as that white-haired guy in the Ending ?

I'll be honest, I would watch an entire episode based around this husband and wife raising talking baby Anos as he grows into a teenager over a month .

We finally meet Misha's sister, Sasha Necron, and she's quite the contrast with her sister. She's haughty, prideful, and much more forward and excitable with her emotions compared to Misha, but while she was condescending towards Anos and Misha she's not arrogant enough to belittle or undermine her allies or unable to accept when she's been overpowered. Overall, not only is she a beauty, but I think Sasha will be a very likeable and entertaining Heroine to watch alongside her sister .

So exactly what is Misha? Sasha didn't seem to regard her as a sister or as anything but a "doll," which makes me wonder if she's even really a flesh-and-blood thing to begin with. But Misha says they have the same parents so maybe Sasha's parents "created" Misha? Given how quickly they made up when Anos gave them an opportunity and knocked Sasha down a peg, it seems like they used to be close as sisters, so I wonder if what drove them apart was this "fate" Sasha was alluding to and how it impacts the Necron's .

Anos overpowering and overwhelming people who underestimate him still has not gotten old .

The best way into a tsundere's heart? Compliment her eyes .

Not only did Anos bring two girls home, but they're sisters .

Wow, we have Misha admitting she likes Anos and Sasha kissing him. That's way more relationship development then I was expecting for episode 2. And that definitely wasn't a "Friend" kiss .
Old 2020-07-11, 13:55   Link #48
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Episode 2 is more than what was I hoping for on the production side of things.

Looks like we're going to see a Sasha arc next, and maybe the reincarnation of the hero later on.
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-11, 14:02   Link #49
Blueknight78

man i feel this anime being soo rushed, this episode was literally a big rush, in one episode he easy beath/overpower the girl also get her "heart" make her "get good with the sister "doll?", too much things happening.

Man this is a really annoying cliche in those "overpowered mc" series which i hate is that "peoples understimating" the mc overpowering, even after witness his power, they still act like he is shit because of that "simbol" in his outfit, if anything the first episode made clear for the while school how strong the mc is after easy beat the guy in the "arena", then later night he beats the old brother too, which a lot of attention gathered.

At this point every person doubiting the mc is dumb being reason, since he already gathered enough evidences of being "too powerfull" and peoples gonna still act like it's "impossible".

As others noted i feel a serie focused on his family would be much more interesting, than the anime itself, since the mc is the generic overpowered/overconfident/cool mc and so far the harem girls really looks "generic", the only really good characters so far in this series are really the mc parents, the plot about the mc making that spell to stop the war is really interesting, but his whole" look how awesome powerfull i'm and how every person is soo dumb to not believe in me, is pretty boring and generic.
Old 2020-07-11, 15:24   Link #50
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

You know, it would've been hella interesting if the Hero Kanon reincarnated into Sasha . Ah, if only.

Also, Misha & Sasha are such blatant "Rei & Asuka"-expies right down to the color of their outfits it hurts.
Old 2020-07-11, 15:53   Link #51
grecefar

Well things were really quick at the end, I thought sasha and misha problems were more serious. I think the problem with sasha will be the same as the previous chapter, she is from royal blood and she lost, so she is useless now for the family.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-11, 18:50   Link #52
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

So the history we've been told about is a complete lie. Anos never exterminated the other races, he just separated each of their realms so they wouldn't be able to fight each other anymore. That suddenly gives us a lot more to look forward to. Even his name has been replaced with another, so it's no wonder he completely failed the test. I guess there's most likely a super secret society of people who know the true history and work in the shadows to ensure it never comes to light and will therefore want to snuff out Anos. Good luck with that.

Seeing Anos stomp everyone and accomplish ridiculous feats is still fun, but the way Sasha's character has been handled was horrible. It's more like she wasn't handled at all. She goes from antagonizing Misha, even calling her a doll with no soul, then next thing you know they're holding hands and talking about their crush. Obviously her arc isn't over but it's obvious they cut a ton of stuff.
Old 2020-07-11, 18:55   Link #53
Wandering Soul

Talk about a complete 180. Sasha basically turned into a completely different character by the ending. The rush is real apparent here
Old 2020-07-11, 19:20   Link #54
Frontier

It didn't come off so much like a 180 to me so much as being beaten by Anos let her take off the mask of the arrogant royal she was projecting to some degree, and that let her reconnect with Misha.

Just my take.
Old 2020-07-11, 21:05   Link #55
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Oh, they kept the "This is not Melazoma, but Mela" joke.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-11, 21:41   Link #56
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Things definitely moved quickly there. Wouldn't have minded taking a bit of time with the second half of the episode and pushing that into episode 3.

But still, some good stuff in this one. Some interesting world building elements being revealed in this one. So it wasn't so much that Anos just wiped everyone off the map. But rather he took a sacrifice in order to split up races that could do nothing but fight each other.

It does make you wonder about the state of the other realms. The demon realm appears to have weakened with a general state of peace taking away the need to get stronger. But anything could be on the table for the others. Heck if some of them actually continued infighting they could be even stronger than they were during Anos' time and that would create some difficulty.

While a bit hurried, this was still a good follow-up episode. If nothing else I can kind of agree with Anos that Sasha's demonic eyes are fairly beautiful. A really nice image of them coming to life when she's fired up in a variety of ways.

Edit: Also, now I wonder about the fate of the hero and his party when I stop to think about it. The way that conversation was going they probably didn't die in that big spellcasting moment. And yet the plan effectively sealed the borders. So did they just spent the remainder of their days living in the demon realm? I suppose that would help the hero's promise to become friends when he reincarnated, although I suppose there's no limitation on where a soul can reincarnate even with a magical barrier being put up between the realms...

Last edited by FlareKnight; 2020-07-12 at 01:47.
FlareKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-12, 00:09   Link #57
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So the history we've been told about is a complete lie. Anos never exterminated the other races, he just separated each of their realms so they wouldn't be able to fight each other anymore. That suddenly gives us a lot more to look forward to. Even his name has been replaced with another, so it's no wonder he completely failed the test. I guess there's most likely a super secret society of people who know the true history and work in the shadows to ensure it never comes to light and will therefore want to snuff out Anos. Good luck with that.

Seeing Anos stomp everyone and accomplish ridiculous feats is still fun, but the way Sasha's character has been handled was horrible. It's more like she wasn't handled at all. She goes from antagonizing Misha, even calling her a doll with no soul, then next thing you know they're holding hands and talking about their crush. Obviously her arc isn't over but it's obvious they cut a ton of stuff.
This is kind of my thought as well. Someone, or someones have deliberately falsified information. Although, my take it's that it might have been done to snuff out any fakes. People pretending to be the reincarnated Anos. The real Anos would know because he lived it, where as fakes would just have false history and rumors to go on.
Old 2020-07-12, 02:12   Link #58
Rinvelt
駄目人間

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Edit: Also, now I wonder about the fate of the hero and his party when I stop to think about it. The way that conversation was going they probably didn't die in that big spellcasting moment. And yet the plan effectively sealed the borders. So did they just spent the remainder of their days living in the demon realm? I suppose that would help the hero's promise to become friends when he reincarnated, although I suppose there's no limitation on where a soul can reincarnate even with a magical barrier being put up between the realms...
Well, anime doesn't have any narration so it was skipped, but it's not the hero party, they're the representants of each realm. Hero for the humans, Queen of the spirits for the, well, spirits (she was on the left) and Goddess of Creation for the Gods on the right. (from our perspective, not the hero's one)

Won't say anything more about the story (though yeah, it was really rushed), but you'll all see that in the next episode (I mean, the title is literally "Sasha's true intention", so makes you see that the 180 is more than meets the eye)
Rinvelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-12, 05:54   Link #59
4th Dimension

I would not be suprised if there is a CONSPIRACY.

But more realistically, given the gulf of 2000 years between him and now, given language drift and the fact that a series of rulers all on their own emphased different things about Ainos to suit their purposes (rather than some CONSPIRACY), it's actually VERY believable that his entire story would be bent completely out of whack. Including his name.
Oh also, it's doubtfull he talked at length to everyone why he did each and every thing. So even to those who witnessed it, his motivations in their eyes might vary.

But this is Animeland, so THE CONSPIRACY is likely the answer.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-07-12, 08:23   Link #60
Nymene

I watched episode 2 from Youtube, and while I like how they adapted the team fight scene from the LN well, I find it somewhat weird there aren't more noteworthy background music.

With Kenja no Mago, I remembered a few music scores from it, so let's hope Maou Gakuin will have a good soundtrack from now.....
Nymene is offline   Reply With Quote