AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2021-12-21, 14:56   Link #41
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I too fear we’re fated for Hokkaido only. But it is worth asking why a frankly mediocre shounen like Shaman King would get a full reboot (from the same studio) while a series broadly acknowledged as one of the best ever, which has spawned a hugely successful movie franchise, would not.
Shaman King reboot is by Bridge while this is a Liden Films production.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2021-12-21, 19:23   Link #42
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
Shaman King reboot is by Bridge while this is a Liden Films production.
Whoops, must've been thinking of immortal.
Old 2021-12-21, 23:57   Link #43
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
I mean, Furuba is one of the most popular shoujo ever, certainly a bigger seller than Karikuri or Ushio to Tora. But RuroKen is a bigger seller than any of them.
Ushio to Tora - 2/2019 - 30,000,000
Karakuri Circus - 3/2018 - 15,000,000
Fruits Basket- 9/2018 - 30,000,000
Rurouni Kenshin - 10/2020 - 72,000,000
(All from Wikipedia, which have source links, but I'm not going to bother linking all of them)

Impressive. My only lasting memories of Fruits Basket is how much of a soap opera it was, but it faired better than I expected.
But yeah, Rurouni Kenshin

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2021-12-22, 01:27   Link #44
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Ushio to Tora - 2/2019 - 30,000,000
Karakuri Circus - 3/2018 - 15,000,000
Fruits Basket- 9/2018 - 30,000,000
Rurouni Kenshin - 10/2020 - 72,000,000
(All from Wikipedia, which have source links, but I'm not going to bother linking all of them)

Impressive. My only lasting memories of Fruits Basket is how much of a soap opera it was, but it faired better than I expected.
But yeah, Rurouni Kenshin
If I'd nitpick anything, Furuba did that in 10 fewer volumes than Ushio to Tora.
Old 2022-04-01, 03:46   Link #45
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I don't know what the occasion of the above video is, but it was uploaded 3 days ago and I think it's worth sharing a good stage play tidbit here.
Old 2022-06-28, 02:22   Link #46
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Considering that Uzumaki got delayed indefinitely and announcements can take place as far back as an entire year before release, such a lack of news on the RRK remake is no surprise.

It is still scary shit though.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2022-09-24, 00:05   Link #47
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Rurouni Kenshin 2023

I have no idea why the original RK 23 thread was closed, but the details finally came out today - full reboot from Chapter 1.

Jin-chuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

YouTube
Old 2022-09-24, 00:09   Link #48
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Oro?

They're gonna have to cut off most of that fat if they want to have Jinchuu in full. Also... who voices Kaoru?
Old 2022-09-24, 00:15   Link #49
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Soma Saito is Kenshin, Rie Takahashi is Kaoru.
Also a full reboot is troubling news, considering the original series is close to 100 episodes and Lidenfilms being notorious for their experience with a lot of work.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2022-09-24, 00:16   Link #50
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

These two have iconic shoes to fill.
Old 2022-09-24, 00:25   Link #51
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
To be fair. If series like Jojo, Demon Slayer and Attack on Titan is any indication, people are fine with individual cours for each arc, with months between.
Old 2022-09-24, 00:58   Link #52
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
These two have iconic shoes to fill.
Definitely. Although I think they've got the skills to pull it off.
Old 2022-09-24, 00:59   Link #53
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Soma Saito is Kenshin, Rie Takahashi is Kaoru.
Also a full reboot is troubling news, considering the original series is close to 100 episodes and Lidenfilms being notorious for their experience with a lot of work.
The original is 100 episodes but a third of them are filler and will be cut out. I just don't see the point in them doing this if they aren't going to cover the whole manga this time.

Big question for me is direction. I assume Furuhashi is out as he'll be conjoined to SxF for the foreseeable future, but Hamasaki Hiroshi (who's got Liden history) just makes so much sense.
Old 2022-09-24, 01:03   Link #54
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Quote:
The original is 100 episodes but a third of them are filler and will be cut out. I just don't see the point in them doing this if they aren't going to cover the whole manga this time.

Big question for me is direction. I assume Furuhashi is out as he'll be conjoined to SxF for the foreseeable future, but Hamasaki Hiroshi (who's got Liden history) just makes so much sense.
Here's the staff
Quote:
Hideyo Yamamoto (Strike the Blood, Magical Girl Spec-Ops Asuka, Cells at Work! Code Black) is directing the anime at LIDEN FILMS. Terumi Nishii is designing the characters, and Hideyuki Kurata is in charge of series composition. Yū Takami is composing the music.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2022-09-24, 01:04   Link #55
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Well, that's kind of meh. Though Kureta is certainly good for adaptation.
Old 2022-09-24, 01:54   Link #56
Sage Shinigami

Send a message via AIM to Sage Shinigami Send a message via Yahoo to Sage Shinigami
Quote:

If you told me the remake was 65 episodes and adapted all 28 volumes of the manga, I wouldn't be upset about it.
Old 2022-09-24, 02:26   Link #57
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Shinigami View Post
If you told me the remake was 65 episodes and adapted all 28 volumes of the manga, I wouldn't be upset about it.
I'd take it at this point, if it meant some version of the Jinchuu Arc making it in.

The NoitaminA thing is odd and perhaps concerning, no question. That's not a name you associate with long adaptations, which makes me fear they're going to do something crazy like adapt the whole manga in 11 episodes. But it always comes back to that same question for me - why bother to reboot the series if you aren't going to adapt the part of the manga the original anime didn't?
Old 2022-09-24, 03:13   Link #58
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
I’ll admit. I knew they were going to end that PV with “Oro,” but I was hoping, PRAYING, that it would be our Mayo Suzukaze behind the voice, even though I also knew it wasn’t to be. As someone who has enjoyed Rurouni Kenshin for decades, anything other than Suzukaze just doesn’t sound right.

YouTube

I’ll just have to adapt. -_-

With more and more titles receiving full adaptations instead of the old 12/24-episode promos for the manga/LN/game, Rurouni Kenshin is a shoo-in for a full adaptation. I’m not worried about that at all. It won’t be a remake of the whole original series though, just the manga story. It’s a little sad because I liked a lot of those fillers, despite how everybody else always hates filler, but I’ll still have the Suzukaze-voiced version so that’s not a problem.

Just GIVE ME THE DAMN FULL JINCHUU ARC ANIMATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Shinji103; 2022-09-24 at 03:26.
Old 2022-09-24, 03:33   Link #59
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
I’ll admit. I knew they were going to end that PV with “Oro,” but I was hoping, PRAYING, that it would be our Mayo Suzukaze behind the voice, even though I also knew it wasn’t to be. As someone who has enjoyed Rurouni Kenshin for decades, anything other than Suzukaze just doesn’t sound right.

YouTube

I’ll just have to adapt. -_-

With more and more titles receiving full adaptations instead of the old 12/24-episode promos for the manga/LN/game, Rurouni Kenshin is a shoo-in for a full adaptation. I’m not worried about that at all. It won’t be a remake of the whole original series though, just the manga story. It’s a little sad because I liked a lot of those fillers, despite how everybody else always hates filler, but I’ll still have the Suzukaze-voiced version so that’s not a problem.

Just GIVE ME THE DAMN FULL JINCHUU ARC ANIMATED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That makes sense but... NoitaminA? That would literally be a first for them.

New voices are going to be a hard transition for me too. I love that cast - nothing against the two names I've seen so far, both good actors, but it'll take a while. I pretty much assumed they'd recast it at this point though. Some of them are a bit long in the tooth for those roles now, and a few no longer with us.
Old 2022-09-24, 03:48   Link #60
pinoscotto

Noitamina is airing both this and UY
Do they at least plan to return to air two anime per night or are their slots completely filled for the next 2 years?
Closed Thread