AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2022-07-09, 10:52   Link #41
Kazu-kun

Chisato's no-kill bullshit is starting to get annoying.
Old 2022-07-09, 12:32   Link #42
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber
*IT Support

So... we've got a new girl, and the shop's best customer seems to be a spy. Still probably the best CGDCT of the season but the bar is kinda low.
stray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-09, 12:56   Link #43
Decel

Fun episode and good show so far. Chisato's genkiness is not over-the-top for me at least.

The animation quality is pretty good too. The plot so far has many holes to be filled. Hope there's decent reasoning behind all this.
Old 2022-07-09, 13:18   Link #44
Marina2

Ep.2

Nice OP song and animation.

The boss of DA wasn't joking when she said Chisato is one of the top Lycoris. Look like Chisato can read where enemy was aiming and moved out of the way before the shot was fired. It was already awesome one with a pistol, but look like she can clamly dodge automatic weapon too. Is that a skill or some kind of supernatural power? It's funny to see Takina tried to test it out at the end with her rubber band.

Takina has the right to be upset with Chisato no-kill policy , but there are so many hints right now that Chisato has killed many people in the past but something has changed her heart. There will be a time where they understand each other viewpoint but that's not now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Chisato's no-kill bullshit is starting to get annoying.
You can't deny that she has a skill to pull off that method effectively.
Old 2022-07-09, 14:01   Link #45
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
You can't deny that she has a skill to pull off that method effectively.
It's not a matter of skills. It's a matter of priority. Their main priority should have been the client, but she got distracted patching up the goon and almost got their client killed. She got lucky the whole thing was a setup. But I don't think it's okay to rely on luck when you're responsible for other people's lives. She's putting others in danger with her no-kill nonsense.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2022-07-09 at 18:50.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-09, 14:22   Link #46
Marina2

Quote:
It's not a matter of skills. It's a matter of priority. Their main priority should have been the client, but she got distracted patching up the mook and almost got their client killed. She got lucky the whole thing was a setup. But I don't think it's okay to rely on luck when you're responsible for other people's lives. She's putting others in danger with her no-kill nonsense.
They've already gotten everything inside under control and were checking whether the outside was safe or not but the 'client' intentionally walked out first despite the warning and get shot. (as planned) You can see Takina surprised by that sudden action as well. I think the episode made clear neither Chisato or Takina were wrong.

There was no luck involved there. Even if it wasn't the setup, Chisato action didn't cause him to get killed.

Only things that would chance if she's with them was: she could've stopped the client but those bad guys will wait until they come out and fire anyway -- and maybe both Chisato and Takina would get killed/injured because Chisato doesn't have the ambush information from the guy she saved.

Last edited by Marina2; 2022-07-09 at 14:38.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-09, 14:36   Link #47
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Only things that might chance if she's with them was she could've stop the client
That's probably what would have happened since Takina herself thought so.

But my point stand regardless. It's not hard to imagine a situation in which one of the goons Chisato shot down would wake up and kill someone because those rubber bullets only knock them down for a very short time. She might be super skilled but she's putting others in danger all the same.

Last edited by Kazu-kun; 2022-07-09 at 18:50.
Kazu-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-09, 16:04   Link #48
Marina2

Quote:
That's probably what would have happened since Takina herself thought so.

But my point stand regardless. It's not hard to imagine a situation in which one of the mooks Chisato shot down would wake up and kill someone because those rubber bullets only knock them down for a very short time. She might be super skilled but she's putting others in danger all the same.
She fixed that problem by binding them or by keeping them stay down and cannot fight long enough to finish the job/ to escape. Still, those methods only work in a mission with small number of people as she need to keep track on every foe and ally. (Maybe this is why she works at LycoReco)

We will have see what she will do in a big mission with many people. (20-30+) I think she can still shoot to kill if it is unavoidable.
Old 2022-07-09, 17:11   Link #49
Kazu-kun

Quote:
She fixed that problem by binding them or by keeping them stay down and cannot fight long enough to finish the job/ to escape.
She can't always bind them and they do waking up pretty quickly. Honestly, I don't even know why we're arguing over this. What she does is objectively dangerous. Maybe not for her but definitely for those around her.
Old 2022-07-09, 18:19   Link #50
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think Chisato's no kill policy is fine, she likely has some big trauma hidden under all that genkiness. Where I draw the line is her treating the enemies Takina has wounded, and that's the real reason she fucked up. It didn't seem like that big an injury either. I actually thought it was going to turn out in their favor with the guy giving away the others' position, but the target still got "killed". It's pretty telling that the boss and the older chick assumed they would fail and included that in their plan.

Curious about Kurumi. They said Walnut's been active for 30 years so she obviously inherited the moniker from someone.

As for the rest, the girls are still top notch and the animation is great. And I like that Chisato and Takina literally kick each other's butts in the OP.
Old 2022-07-09, 20:15   Link #51
grecefar

I can’t blame takina for wanting to hit chisato with the rubber.

Fun chapter nice twist with the set up but it was obvious when walnut contacted them that she was going to join and it was the loli.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-09, 21:35   Link #52
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm fine with the no kill policy. Because she's good enough to manage it. The major issue honestly is that Chisato and Takina aren't on the same page. As much as Chisato leaving a mountain of corpses would work, so would Takina buying in. If Chisato didn't have to spend time patching up the people Takina was putting bullets into then she's have had more free time to guard the target. And yes the same would be said if she was putting bullets into heads herself. But if she's carrying enough trauma then I'd rather her run around with a no kill policy than sit back and not do anything at all.

I'll trust Chisato's call that the guy would have bled out if she hadn't stepped in. If not then it was a waste since his own team can get him treated anyways.

There's always multiple sides to things. But in the end the mission would have gone the same way. It's just a question of it ending sooner or later. Frankly it was probably for the best since Takina and Chisato weren't nearly as covered in protection.

Anyways, it was a good twist. I wasn't paying too much focus to the OP or the cast list. So I was just taking things as they came. Figured Walnut either would actually get overseas, get killed, or join up. That Kurumi was a girl seemed an above 50/50 chance. But that was about it.

This episode was packed and yet there's plenty of good room for drama. Takina and Chisato's contrasting styles and personalities are going to continue clashing and hopefully they can find a way to make it work.
Old 2022-07-09, 21:49   Link #53
Magewolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
I'm fine with the no kill policy. Because she's good enough to manage it.
She is "good" enough to handle it because of magic which everyone else around her does not have. I am fine with her having a no kill policy if she just accepted solo jobs since she is unkillable so any fuck-ups do not matter. But taking a body guarding job was irresponsible at best.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-09, 22:13   Link #54
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magewolf View Post
She is "good" enough to handle it because of magic which everyone else around her does not have. I am fine with her having a no kill policy if she just accepted solo jobs since she is unkillable so any fuck-ups do not matter. But taking a body guarding job was irresponsible at best.
This. Her dodging magic helps no one but herself. What happens if one of the goons she didn't kill wakes up and kills the client they were supposed to guard? It could easily happens because those rubber bullets only knocks them down for a few seconds. For example, remember those guys in the car at the end of episode 1? The first guy Chisato knocks out actually wakes up after a few seconds and shoots Chisato again at the end. That proves her rubber bullets are almost worthless. What would have happened if instead of shooting Chisato, he shot Saori or Takina? They don't have dodging magic plot armor.

I can understand Takina feeling annoyed. The way things are, she can't trust Chisato to have her back. Because any enemy Chisato didn't kill, it's an enemy that can stand up and shoot Takina or whoever they are supposed to protect at any moment.
Old 2022-07-09, 22:28   Link #55
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
No reason to be angry about her skill level . With a two person team everything they do is going to be reckless since they can't possibly cover threats inside and outside.

Plus it's funny to have Chisato taking most of the heat when Takina used their actual target for protection as a shield . And even more so since she actually got valuable information. That would have been even more helpful if the others weren't in such a hurry to race out of there. Having the coast appearing clear is pointless when their opponents have already shown the ability to beat them in terms of hacking.

Funny how her "fuck-ups" actually helped deescalate the situation . Chisato might be able to survive most things, but those around her sure wouldn't. Good thing she didn't take the advice to stay out of things or even two episode in the body count on the side of the main cast would be quite impressive to note.
Old 2022-07-09, 23:17   Link #56
Tenzen12

Quote:
It's not a matter of skills. It's a matter of priority. Their main priority should have been the client, but she got distracted patching up the goon and almost got their client killed. She got lucky the whole thing was a setup. But I don't think it's okay to rely on luck when you're responsible for other people's lives. She's putting others in danger with her no-kill nonsense.
That one is on Takina though. What kind of bodyguard would leave client walk out of building first? Though to be fair if Wallnut death wasn't set up, there is no way she would be so stupid actually do that in first place so I am willing excuse Takina getting caught off guard this time.

As for Chisato, I too think not killing is fine. This time it almost foiled that assassionation attempt as leader of group flipped thanks to being spared.
Old 2022-07-10, 00:19   Link #57
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
That one is on Takina though.
Only because Chisato was too busy doing something else instead of doing her job. Chisato is the team leader here, and she sent Takina alone. If that's not failing to do her job, I don't know what is.
Old 2022-07-10, 00:39   Link #58
Tenzen12

Again it's common sense. You don't need team leader giving order to not let their charge go to open space on their own. Or are you saying she should treat Takane as complete noob and do everything on her own?

Well it's true, that trusting Takane was mistake this time, but that has no correlation with her killing or not.
Old 2022-07-10, 01:07   Link #59
BBOvenGuy
Math Ninja
*Author

Quote:
She is "good" enough to handle it because of magic which everyone else around her does not have.
And if she didn't have that, we would be telling stories about someone else instead of her.

One other advantage of the no-kill policy is that it sometimes brings the bad guys over to her side. The guy she saved warned her about the drone, after all.

That said, though, yes she and Takina need to get on the same page. That's on both of them. They need to do some team-building drills or something.
BBOvenGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-10, 01:13   Link #60
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Curious about Kurumi. They said Walnut's been active for 30 years so she obviously inherited the moniker from someone.
...or she's a legel loli. She is acting quite mature.

Official site is hiding her age with ???

Last edited by Marina2; 2022-07-10 at 01:29.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote