AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series

Notices

Old 2023-10-15, 07:15   Link #41
Alchemist007
*Author

Ep 2 was a bit of an improvement. This is an anime so this is probably not at all how it will play out but the first girl he confessed to seemed like a nice person who just might've wanted to be friends.
Old 2023-10-16, 08:13   Link #42
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Still liking this a lot. Moreso after ep2. There's a subtle effect of unintended torment that Ryuto puts himself through, induced by his insecurity towards the concept that Runa could genuinely like him. But when you hear Runa's motivations, the reasons why she is the way she is - it's very well set up. Subtle misreads building up through the episode that just feed into Ryuto's almost paranoia-like fears. Then Runa springs an undeniably sweet surprise on him. Even someone like me can't deny the goodness of a moment like that. It mattered so much more because of the set up the whole way. And then to throw it that sports car scene was also a nice touch. It could easily have been an overly nerd/obsession moment to ruin the mood, but it morphed quickly into matching Runa's personality. Like Ryuto was willing to roll with what Runa wanted to do on their weekend outing, Runa was willing to roll with Ryuto's likes.

It's definitely taken a gamble, though. The OP (which to my surprised, I actually watched through...and probably will again...) doesn't try to hide that Kurose was coming. But this is early. Time to see how Ryuto holds up with the source of his misery showing up now that he might finally be overcoming it. I'm also intrigued about how Nicole will act. The fact she helped Runa get a second phone case shows she cares about Runa big time and that she isn't against the concept of Ryuto being into her for real, but she has significant doubt. Which adds another layer of tension. ED was also watchable and more than once. Seriously, this is the title with two themes I want to not skip...go figure...

This somehow avoids being too nice or being too iffy - so far at least. I'm still finding the way these characters are acting as teens believable. Also finding it refreshing it's avoiding the bully girl genre or getting too cosy. Still watching. If this wildcard sticks, will be the pleasant surprise of the year for me.
Old 2023-10-17, 04:23   Link #43
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Our First Date Story: The Experienced You and the Inexperienced Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Still liking this a lot. Moreso after ep2. There's a subtle effect of unintended torment that Ryuto puts himself through, induced by his insecurity towards the concept that Runa could genuinely like him. But when you hear Runa's motivations, the reasons why she is the way she is - it's very well set up. Subtle misreads building up through the episode that just feed into Ryuto's almost paranoia-like fears. Then Runa springs an undeniably sweet surprise on him. Even someone like me can't deny the goodness of a moment like that. It mattered so much more because of the set up the whole way. And then to throw it that sports car scene was also a nice touch. It could easily have been an overly nerd/obsession moment to ruin the mood, but it morphed quickly into matching Runa's personality. Like Ryuto was willing to roll with what Runa wanted to do on their weekend outing, Runa was willing to roll with Ryuto's likes.

It's definitely taken a gamble, though. The OP (which to my surprised, I actually watched through...and probably will again...) doesn't try to hide that Kurose was coming. But this is early. Time to see how Ryuto holds up with the source of his misery showing up now that he might finally be overcoming it. I'm also intrigued about how Nicole will act. The fact she helped Runa get a second phone case shows she cares about Runa big time and that she isn't against the concept of Ryuto being into her for real, but she has significant doubt. Which adds another layer of tension. ED was also watchable and more than once. Seriously, this is the title with two themes I want to not skip...go figure...

This somehow avoids being too nice or being too iffy - so far at least. I'm still finding the way these characters are acting as teens believable. Also finding it refreshing it's avoiding the bully girl genre or getting too cosy. Still watching. If this wildcard sticks, will be the pleasant surprise of the year for me.
I do understand what you mean.

It is a relatable situation passing time with your date mate but running the risk at not paying attention when you accompany her to go shopping. However, Ryuto averted that pitfall keeping his focus on Runa all the time in order to figure out the things she likes by observing her reaction, her smile, and her body language.

It's just two teen kids go and having fun with each other, because that's how many to most of us did the same during our teenage years.

Secondly, I do understand where Nicole's distrust and wariness towards Ryuto comes from, nonetheless, she still maintains level-headedness since she never interferes with Runa's date but actually helps her to get the second phone case which Runa gives to Ryuto.

If this was your typical and clichéd, anime romcom then Ryuto would've made a ridicule of himself to force an awkward situation with Runa in order to get laughs from the audience, and he'll be literally threatened by Nicole.
Please, I do not want the writers messing this show, and as well for this anime becoming a carbon-pasted copy of Hajimete no Gal.

I seriously hated that previous show with the tiresome clichés that were relentlessly milked and never delivering a fresh outlook on the story.

So, please no introducing the tired osananajimi character to Ryuto unless it fits into this show in a manner that is organic, relatable to the audience, and believable.

In additon, I believe it is a good plot device having introduced Kurose in order for Ryuto to eventually face his past love failure so as to stir his character growth. However, please do not establish that Ryuto and Kurose are childhood friends or any sort of trope of that.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-20, 09:59   Link #44
Frontier

No wonder Kurose is already popular in class...she's cute, voiced by Aoi Koga, and has a pleasant demeanor. And she's also Ryuto's middle school classmate who friendzoned him after he confessed. And of course she just has to sit right next to him in class .

I guess it was inevitable Nicole would confront Ryuto about his relationship with Runa...after she finishes her fries, of course! But she actually just wants to let him know that Runa's birthday is coming up and he should treat her. And Ryuto gets some good info about what Runa likes so it's a surprisingly successful meeting between the two .

I wonder, are Runa's friends used to catching her boyfriends with other girls? Although I think only Nicole knows they were dating, so just monitoring Nicole's love life? Either way, good thing Ryuto came clean so there wasn't any drama over him meeting with Nicole .

Of course Runa's wearing a stylish one-piece dress with a boob window on her birthday, perfect for a date with her boyfriend as they go on a bubble tea crawl because she loves it so much. And Ryuto turned his obsessive otaku nature towards finding the best shops for his girlfriend. Sure it drained him of his money, but that he went to such an extent for her is all she really needed for a gift (along with the physical evidence) .

Their first indirect kiss! The best part is Runa knew exactly what she was doing .

More seedy rumors about Runa? That sucks. A sweetheart like Runa deserves better .

Is Kurose genuinely putting the moves on Ryuto feeling like she should've accepted his confession back then and is genuinely interested in him? Or is she leading him on? It's hard to tell with her .

Ryuto's friends once again bail on him the moment they see Nicole. What great friends! Nicole by contrast is an ACTUAL great friend and seems like she'd slug whoever was spreading rumors about Runa .

I guess it figures guys would still be asking Runa out, but she's not going to betray Ryuto, either by going out with somebody else or by blabbing about their relationship. Even if she has no problem proudly proclaiming him as her BF, if he's not comfortable with it, she won't say anything. She's a great girlfriend .

Wait, Kurose was spreading the rumors!? Or at least she definitely didn't help. Though trying to win Ryuto over with them was enough for him to finally have enough and shout out to everybody that, yes, HE is her current boyfriend. No going back from that Ryuto .
Old 2023-10-20, 19:23   Link #45
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Fortunate turn for Kurose that there just happened to be a spot open in the front row of the class for her . Though I guess it's possible the teacher moved people around in anticipation of a new student.

Runa is darn cute. Really sweet moments throughout the episode. Especially her expression when Ryuto goes off...on his talking frenzy . But good stuff like her getting that indirect kiss. Obviously she's done a lot more than that. But it certainly means something to her in this relationship because it's slowly building up to something substantial. Great birthday date for her.

I can't blame Ryuto's friends for bailing on him that harshly. Since the first time he was approached by Nicole he fell to the ground and looked like he was considering a retreat. Though he did hold out then and even better (though he was already sitting) the next time.

Kurose is definitely up to something. But even if we take her at face value her situation is a "tough luck" situation. She shot him down when there was absolutely no competition. Even if she feels regrets about it now...that's how it goes. She missed her chance.
Old 2023-10-20, 19:51   Link #46
grecefar

I'm kind of glad about this chapter, not only kurose doesn't stand a chance, she is only digging her grave deeper and quickly going in the bitch route with the rumors. It's not going to end pretty for her.

She even helped ryuto to tell everyone that he is her boyfriend.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-20, 22:36   Link #47
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Kurose is definitely up to something. But even if we take her at face value her situation is a "tough luck" situation. She shot him down when there was absolutely no competition. Even if she feels regrets about it now...that's how it goes. She missed her chance.
I'm not so sure that it's regret she's feeling. It could be that, but it could also be that she's feeling more like Mami in rent-a-gf. Getting triggered by having someone you shot down getting another girl with better specs.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-20, 23:45   Link #48
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I'm not so sure that it's regret she's feeling. It could be that, but it could also be that she's feeling more like Mami in rent-a-gf. Getting triggered by having someone you shot down getting another girl with better specs.
Honestly I'm wondering if she was intentionally leading him on even in middle school.
Old 2023-10-22, 03:23   Link #49
Lex79

I too am still not sure if Kurose is intended to be a sympathetic character we should feel sorry for since she realized her feelings too late or she's going to p,sympathetic a villain role. I guess we'll see next week.
Ryuto giungla to extreme lengths to learn about things Shirakawa loves works well to show how is better than her previous boyfriends who were probably more interested in her body or in having a trophy girlfriend, but I hope in the future he'll become confident enough to share his own hobbies to her.
Old 2023-10-24, 08:38   Link #50
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Again, I really dig the progression of the episode. From those opening moments where Ryuto thinks Nicole is going to tear him apart to how that episode ended, it made sense and was believable. Nicole is being pitched as that part glam, verging on tomboy type which has that face/stare that makes everyone bow in fear yet she really does have the best intentions for her friends along with that cool demeanor - a good combo. Throw in Runa showing the first signs of jealousy/worry she has ever shown and it shows that Ryuto isn't the only one that is falling hard for the other.

For the limited budget this show has, it actually makes the most of the minimal effects. Runa's expression when Ryuto nerds out in Harajuku is classic yet she admires him for it. Then that moment where Ryuto is freaking out about an indirect kiss, only for Runa to bait him into it and claim it for herself. It's simple yet freaking adorable.

And then there is Kurose. Oh my...was it wanting to be the #1 girl amongst everyone that brought it on, realising she'd blown it with Ryuto or both? She isn't being subtle but she is fuelling it without being pinned for being the source. Sure, it is a bit cliche that the rival/spiteful one gets seated next to Ryuto, but it is necessary tension. It is a necessary test.

Runa being pressed to tell who she's with but handling it with class while giving Ryuto all the gush moments without even knowing it. Which just happened to lead to Ryuto countering Kurose's barrage with admitting it's him that's with Runa. One can only imagine the heat he will cop for admitting it, but honestly, given how he was when this episode started, let alone Episode 1, it's quite a step for Ryuto. Can only imagine Nicole is going to have to get involved with defending both Runa and Ryuto while Kurose is probably going on the warpath.

I guess the real question is whether Runa does have a quality or two that will throw a major spanner in the works. One obvious flaw has been relative naivete in understanding how greedy/petty people can be. Whether she ends up being needy or demanding in a way that causes the honeymoon beginning to end is what I wonder. There has been no tension in terms of the two continuing to get along. I guess the question is whether that happens naturally or if Kurose induces it. And who out of Ryuto and Kurose tastes Nicole's fist first.
Old 2023-10-25, 16:37   Link #51
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

My Surprise For You Story: The Experienced You and the Inexperienced Me

I honestly think it was such a beautiful execution how Ryūto planned to have he and Runa going on a date to celebrate her birthday, and how he handled his otaku skills to actually relay to Runa how much effort he put for her gathering information on the different shops that sell the different flavor variants of the tapioca tea she's so fond of. In addition, he can give thanks to Nicole on the things he asked her beforehand on what Runa likes.

The best came when Ryūto muster the courage to get his first indirect kiss when Runa offered him to drink from the same straw she did. Indeed, the lad was trembling out, but he moved forward to get the prize when his girlfriend kindly offered it.

And, yes, I do agree all the gossiping on Runa sucks, and I suspect the work of foul play by someone.

Do I need to guess that Kurose girl may be behind it all?
I mean talk about coincidence. Not even a day passed by after Kurose transferred to Ryūto's school, and Yuna received a pic via cell phone on Ryūto with Nicole from an unknown party.

It could have potentially blown on Ryūto had Runa misunderstood him cheating with Nicole, but he thankfully came clean explaining that both were discussing her birthday.

Second, the day after Ryūto and Runa enjoyed a wonderul, birthday date the gossip on Runa intensified more than usual that even got a reaction out of Nicole in disgust swearing comeuppance against the culprit for spreading slander against Runa.

Third, the red flags swirling around Kurose couldn't be any more obvious. She was unusually kind to get closer to Ryūto going to such lengths to even offering him some snacks, and the next day she pestered him on the gossip around Runa.
She shot him down in middle-school, but she's more than ready to start to appreciate him in high-school? Give me a break!

I like Runa, and I enjoy that the more Ryūto reciprocates her the more resolve Runa gets not to mind in the slightest what the rest of the world thinks of her and who is her boyfriend.

But, Ryūto spilt the beans first but was understandable his reaction, because he could not endure it any longer the slandering done behind Runa's back when he witnessed dating Runa that she has principles and is compromised for her loved ones.
Old 2023-10-27, 10:01   Link #52
Frontier

Well, yeah, figures no one in the class would actually believe Ryuto and Runa are dating...until she confirms it, and it actually improves their opinion of Runa! Because who else but a sweetheart would go out with a nerd and admit to it ?

Kurose and Runa are fraternal twins!? And the reason Kurose resents Runa so much is because Runa was always the popular and sociable one while Runa was shy and withdrawn. And she felt like she got the worst out of their parents' divorce, having to move and dealing with their moms' second divorce until she got stuck living with their grandfather. And all the while she's been trying to be more like Runa to be more popular until she inevitably ended up back in her sisters' class. What a recipe for drama .

(Also, is Runa a natural blonde? She was blonde even as a kid, unless she's been dyeing it that long ?)

So it seems like Kurose's feelings for Ryuto weren't fake? At least the way she blushes around him and doesn't want to fall for him because she knows she can't beat her sister...of course then she translates those feelings into wanting to be more like her sister so she can steal her boyfriend, which isn't good .

Oh hey, Nicole finally thinks Ryuto is cool! Nice .

It's sweet how Ryuto admitting their relationship for her sake makes Runa so happy, but it's sad that she doesn't even think for a second that her sister was the one who spread the rumors. She just thinks of Maria as a sweet girl .

Three episodes in a row of Runa being overwhelmed by Ryuto geeking out over something, but she's getting better at recovering and acclimating to the stuff Ryuto is into. And they share their first watched video together as a couple .

I get that Ryuto wants to get more physically intimate with Runa, but are his friends really the best sounding board for this stuff? I feel like Runa would be more than open to stuff like holding hands or kissing, but I guess Ryuto is really self-conscious about not forcing her to do stuff to make him happy .

Look at Runa's legs in those jean shorts !

Ryuto thought he could take the lead in this park date, but bam! Runa with the girlfriend bento! She even drew a heart on it! Ryuto you lucky, lucky boy !

Wow, the contrived trip into the boat they planned for actually happened! Too bad Runa stuck the landing! Twice! In heels !

Runa's worried Ryuto is going to dump her like her exes did, but he just wants to be closer to her...and she feels the same. And what a smooth and gentlemanly way to take her hand into the boat, Ryuto !

Runa's wanted to be closer to Ryuto the whole time, and she's wanted to hold his hand...and more, as she surprises him with a kiss on the boat. Their first kiss! And it's so romantic !

Well, yeah, physical intimacy would probably be less embarasssing if they'd already had sex, but it means more now that they're genuinely falling for each other as they get to know each other better .

Next week: The beach episode! And them sleeping in the same room together !
Old 2023-10-27, 17:18   Link #53
grecefar

I pass after this chapter, drop.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-10-28, 03:55   Link #54
Lex79

Quote:
So it seems like Kurose's feelings for Ryuto weren't fake? At least the way she blushes around him and doesn't want to fall for him because she knows she can't beat her sister...of course then she translates those feelings into wanting to be more like her sister so she can steal her boyfriend, which isn't good .
I got the impression that at the beginning she was only leading him because she wanted the attention, and only after their talk on the stairs she started falling for him. Anyway, no matter how hard she tries, she's too late now.

I wasn't expecting the twins plot twist. This might complicate things in the future, because if Runa catch Ryuto and Kurose in so,e compromising situation she might be conflicted on who to believe in,her boyfriend or her precious sister?

Glad to see that Runa also wants to learn about Ryuto's hobbies, making their relationship more balanced, and they are also making progress with physical intimacy.
Old 2023-11-03, 10:02   Link #55
Frontier

It's great having a nerd for a boyfriend because he can help you study on English! And you can even throw in some light flirting when you're convinced he's the last guy to ever cheat on his girlfriend. Which coming from a girl who has been perpetually cheated on, means a lot .

Ryuto and Runa have hit their one-month anniversary! What better way to celebrate it than by hitting the beach? Ryuto (and the audience) is already salivating over the prospect of seeing Runa in a bikini !

I mean, a 42 is probably better than Runa's usual scores, so...great, I guess ?

Kurose is making her move! She's trying to charm Ryuto into spending more time with her, but thankfully he's putting up respectable boundaries. But he really, really, should've have exchanged LINE ID's .

Runa's enthusiasm for the beach is infectious. Her happiness and cuteness is also infections .

Runa, to the surprise of no one, looks amazing in her bikini. Of course the camera has to focus on her boobs and butt, but we even got Runa in a ponytail! Ryuto can barely keep a thought together because she looks so amazing. And she's all his !

Lucky Ryuto getting to rub lotion on Runa already. Whoof indeed .

I'm glad they got to have a lot of fun at the beach. They look so cute together. And Ryuto finally complimented her on her swimsuit! I didn't expect that to lead to a Runa swimsuit fashion show flashback, but it was appreciated .

Ryuto totally jinxed them by mentioning the typhoon. Then again, staying overnight at an inn is a romcom staple. I wonder how their parents would've reacted had they known they were staying the night with their significant other ?

Runa really does look cuter without makeup, and I'm glad Ryuto told her so .

So...should they do it? Runa's not completely against it, she does really like Ryuto, but she's not suggesting it because it's something she really wants to do right now. But she wants to fall for him to the point where she really does want to go all the way with him, and that's good enough for Ryuto. And the pair share their first embrace and go to bed holding hands...although Ryuto getting a good view of her boobs popping out of that yukata keeps him up .

Nicol works at a sushi restaurant? She looks good in the uniform. And it seems like she's coming around to Ryuto! Provided he doesn't break Runa's heart .

So the two-month point is actually a big deal for Runa because all her other boyfriends either cheated on her or dumped her by then. So don't screw this up, Ryuto .

Aoi Koga did a decent job of imitating Saori Onishi as Runa, even though you could still tell it was her, but there are so many red flags Ryuto...calling him through Maria's phone? Wanting to have sex in a gym storeroom closet so suddenly? Please don't completely fall for this. Notice the mole Ryuto, notice the mole !
Old 2023-11-03, 19:22   Link #56
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Kurose is making her move! She's trying to charm Ryuto into spending more time with her, but thankfully he's putting up respectable boundaries. But he really, really, should've have exchanged LINE ID's .
Should he have though?

I was actually impressed by the common sense he's showing in this regard.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2023-11-03, 19:45   Link #57
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Should he have though?

Forgot to put "shouldn't" .

Yeah, he put up far more respectable boundaries than you would have expected in his situation.
Old 2023-11-03, 21:54   Link #58
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Didn't really comment about it as much last week but...oh man Kurose was so close. She was completely right that getting into a romantic battle like that against Runa would cause her to be second again and would only put her through suffering. But...she chose to do it anyways. Ignoring the obvious implications of what she was told. That she could aspire to be the kind of person the person she likes will love. But with the obvious limitation of...them not being in a relationship already! Dang it. Apparently this girl has to get burned yet again by falling short of being Runa before she stops it.

We started this show talking about the issues that Runa has that probably needed some counseling. But Kurose is probably needs help just as much. And obviously she's not going to get the "being helped by being in a good and pure relationship" solution. Well she's done this to herself so however it works out...is her own fault. How things played out when she was much younger sucked. Bad parenting on that one. But this one is more on her than anyone else.

Honestly, I respect Ryuto trying to keep his distance. In theory tutoring isn't a big deal. But with the past that exists and how she's acted in the present, I don't blame him there. Probably a sensible move. Honestly if Kurose took the hints and moved on that would have been easier on her too.

Date with Runa was great though. A bit hyped up, but completely fair considering how gorgeous she was.

Ryuto should be good with this challenge. Kurose isn't that great an actress. And Ryuto did just talk with Runa yesterday over things like this. Kurose is going to mess up and he should pick up on it. We'll see how close it gets though.
Old 2023-11-04, 01:00   Link #59
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Our Jealousy Story: The Inexperienced You Gets Jealous of the Experienced You

Quote:
Well, yeah, figures no one in the class would actually believe Ryuto and Runa are dating...until she confirms it, and it actually improves their opinion of Runa! Because who else but a sweetheart would go out with a nerd and admit to it ?

Kurose and Runa are fraternal twins!? And the reason Kurose resents Runa so much is because Runa was always the popular and sociable one while Runa was shy and withdrawn. And she felt like she got the worst out of their parents' divorce, having to move and dealing with their moms' second divorce until she got stuck living with their grandfather. And all the while she's been trying to be more like Runa to be more popular until she inevitably ended up back in her sisters' class. What a recipe for drama .

(Also, is Runa a natural blonde? She was blonde even as a kid, unless she's been dyeing it that long ?)

Oh hey, Nicole finally thinks Ryuto is cool! Nice .

It's sweet how Ryuto admitting their relationship for her sake makes Runa so happy, but it's sad that she doesn't even think for a second that her sister was the one who spread the rumors. She just thinks of Maria as a sweet girl .

Three episodes in a row of Runa being overwhelmed by Ryuto geeking out over something, but she's getting better at recovering and acclimating to the stuff Ryuto is into. And they share their first watched video together as a couple .

I get that Ryuto wants to get more physically intimate with Runa, but are his friends really the best sounding board for this stuff? I feel like Runa would be more than open to stuff like holding hands or kissing, but I guess Ryuto is really self-conscious about not forcing her to do stuff to make him happy .

Look at Runa's legs in those jean shorts !

Ryuto thought he could take the lead in this park date, but bam! Runa with the girlfriend bento! She even drew a heart on it! Ryuto you lucky, lucky boy !

Wow, the contrived trip into the boat they planned for actually happened! Too bad Runa stuck the landing! Twice! In heels !

Runa's worried Ryuto is going to dump her like her exes did, but he just wants to be closer to her...and she feels the same. And what a smooth and gentlemanly way to take her hand into the boat, Ryuto !

Runa's wanted to be closer to Ryuto the whole time, and she's wanted to hold his hand...and more, as she surprises him with a kiss on the boat. Their first kiss! And it's so romantic !

Well, yeah, physical intimacy would probably be less embarasssing if they'd already had sex, but it means more now that they're genuinely falling for each other as they get to know each other better .

Next week: The beach episode! And them sleeping in the same room together !
It saves the trouble for a later episode or maybe a later season disclosing sooner that Kurose was behind the rumors.

I do get Ryuto the anxiety that comes at waiting other peoples' opinions since I do take personal other peoples' comments.

Glad that he's gentleman enough to console Maria, but she won't let herself be comforted out of fear of becoming again second to Runa.

Now, the date at the park came, and Ryuto got a beautifully cooked bento from Runa.

Although Ryuto's plan did not go according to his expectations, nonetheless, he and Runa grew more talkative to each other in that Ryuto decided to be more proactive at courting Runa and talk to her his worries and listen as well to her needs.

By the way, tt doesn't surprise that Runa became wary at Ryuto's serious expression raising the alarm that he might dump her like her previous ex did. This is due to the bad luck and sour experiences Runa got from being constantly dumped by those jerks.
Hopefully, the more Ryuto and Runa open to each other the more Runa will learn more nuance on Ryuto's expressions.

Lastly, I don't like where is it going with Maria taking a dark path to intentionally impersonate her sister so as to have Ryuto by herself in order to avert becoming second place, because the more she attempted to sort out her feelings toward Ryuto the more obsessed she became not to let her sister win over her.

While Ryuto made the right call not to disclose to Runa that her sister setup the rumours as well as keeping hidden Maria's jealousy towards her big sister, nevertheless, that choice is going to chase him back in the future likely straining or not his relationship with Runa.
Old 2023-11-04, 01:02   Link #60
larethian

Quote:
Aoi Koga did a decent job of imitating Saori Onishi as Runa, even though you could still tell it was her,
It's more likely than not that this was part of the audition. Since they are twins, their voices should be close to being the same. In actuality, over the phone, it should be indistinguishable due to quantization and compression losses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Yeah, it's quite fresh since being nice and friendly to other girls is the usual trope.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote