Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-26, 09:12   Link #41
wao
OK.

Ahhh, but at the rate MoO is strolling along... ^_^;

Personally I found MoO and Utena to be a lot more WTF than Madlax. I mean, they have the... the... the... the... aaahhhh

Somehow I doubt this'll be as acid-trippy as MoO or Utena, but still, I hope this won't be some really, really dry sort of thing... -_-

Also with 13 eps... More chance of good animation? I hope so.
Old 2004-11-03, 05:26   Link #42
DrewGSR

Gin’yu Mokushiroku Meline Liebe

Genres: Drama, Historical Settings

Studio: Bee Train

Description: It was 1935, people were afraid of the outbreak of the war. The story began in a beautiful island surrounded by the Antarctic Ocean of Europe. There was a boarding school, Rosenstol School, in which young elite students gathered. The story describes the youth of five elite students who were elected to be the top of the school to realize their dreams and ideals.

This is a new show that will air its first episode tommorrow. I dont know much about it other then the description gotten from AnimeNFO. Since it is a Bee Train produciton its safe to assume that the show will have an awsome soundtrack/ost like many other Bee Train shows.
Old 2004-11-03, 09:31   Link #43
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Ahem.

I'm excited about this anime, regardless of whether or not it actually turns out to be a shounen-ai-ish series.
Old 2004-11-04, 18:29   Link #44
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
sorry but its YAOI (gay) anime ewwww :P
Old 2004-11-05, 13:45   Link #45
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

If there are gals who find yaoi a little tasty the way I find yuri a little tasty, I'm all right with that.

And knowing the director, the amount of yaoi that will be in there will be about as much as there was yuri in Noir of Madlax. Which is to say, "it's there if you see it there, it's not if you don't". So if you see it there, that's your problem.

/still going to make fun of the foofy outfits
//no sign of the raws yet

Late breaking edit:

Kisaragi over on the AnimeNation forums posted his first impressions of the show (with screenshots!!! lots of screenshots!!!):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kisaragi
My first impressions #26

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ginyu Mokushiroku: Meine Liebe - ANIMAX - Thurs. 22:30

Director: Kouichi Mashimo
Anime Studio: Bee Train

This TV anime is based on bishounen (=pretty boys) game released by Konami for young adult females. In the original game you become a student of the most prestigious boarding school in the kingdom and enjoy tempting any bishounen as you like. The TV series has 13 episodes in total. The conceptual character design is done by Kaori Yuki, a famous female manga artist.

In 1935 the world is filled with war cloud. The setting of the story is the Kuchen Kingdom, European island country surrounded by Atlantic Ocean. Rozenstolz Academy, the best prestige school in the kingdom, has produced the nation's best and the brightest. The story centers on five beshounen's school life, ambition and love.

I was really surprised to hear Mashimo and Bee Train were producing bishounen anime. Mashimo is a veteran director, but I never thought he worked on a bishounen show for female fans. In the first episode most of time is spent for introducing new characters. There appear a lot of beshounen in the show. The main characters consists of only males. Most of the secondary male characters involved in the story are also good-looking. There is almost no place in this anime for female characters. Orpherus's elder sister died in only two minutes after she appeared in the show It's still uncertain whether or not shounen-ai/yaoi action will be depicted directly in this series. At least they gives special consideration to female fans' request regarding pairing between men.

Animation quality of this episode is fairly good. The male characters are cute/handsome enough. The show uses music by acoustic instruments like classical music. The story of epi.1 is okay. This show is definitely for women, but the anime version is relatively acceptable to male fans as compared with the original game.

screen shots: epi.1 #1
screen shots: epi.1 #2

Last edited by Fellini 8.5; 2004-11-05 at 15:29.
Old 2004-11-05, 16:26   Link #46
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Thanks for the links!

I have to say, I am exceptionally pleased with Meine Liebe's artwork--and not just because of the plethora of bishounen. Both the male and female character designs look really nice: sharp, detailed, and nicely shaded, without being overly colorful. My main complaint with recent Bee Train anime, i.e. Madlax and Avenger, is that the character designs are almost simplistic and clunky compared to those of Noir (which has some of the most gorgeous, graceful artwork in any show I've ever seen). Meine Liebe looks rather different, and it's a nice change.

Kisaragi's review made for a very interesting read. I've been scouring the net for exactly that sort of first-episode summary... maybe I'll join the AN forums so I can thank him properly.

Heh, I haven't found a raw yet either. Ah well.
Old 2004-11-05, 16:47   Link #47
Kensuke

I have to say, looks good according to those screenshots, plus classical music. Definetely worth checking.
Old 2004-11-05, 21:12   Link #48
Pandora
Poisoned

The screenshots certainly look good. Wonder if that certain school nurse will appear in the anime or not... Anyway, anyone know if there'll be any group fansubbing this?
Old 2004-11-05, 23:37   Link #49
seiftis
~defying fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandora
The screenshots certainly look good. Wonder if that certain school nurse will appear in the anime or not... Anyway, anyone know if there'll be any group fansubbing this?
I thought Shi-Fa will? Or have they cancelled the plan already?
Old 2004-11-06, 01:15   Link #50
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

Shi-Fa wants to see it first before they commit to it.

I've finally seen the raw. It's no Madlax, but it's pretty good, even though I can't understand a word of it...

(I can't link to the raw here, but there are places I can.... )
Old 2004-11-06, 05:18   Link #51
DwArD
mAnIaC

Meine Liebe - What's it about?

Anyone can give me a brief summary of Meine Liebe? It's a new anime so I'm pretty curious.....
Old 2004-11-06, 10:41   Link #52
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

just watched the first episode of Meine Liebe, indeed it has quite some BeeTrain feel, but at the same time it also feels quite different from past BeeTrain animes And this is evident right from the OP and ED, both have a BeeTrain-ish style to them but also something different. And the animation and character designs are simply magnificent! Very BEAUTIFUL to say the least.

Spoiler for ep1:
Old 2004-11-06, 10:49   Link #53
ChibiDusk
Back From The Dead?

...g-gah..........................*begs for subs*
I can't even manage to find a raw, time to go on a major hunt down!
I looks forward to the pretty boy fanservice ;p
Old 2004-11-06, 11:56   Link #54
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Just watched the first episode raw, and really enjoyed it--although I only had a vague concept of what was going on. When I first saw Camus in the greenhouse, I immediately thought "omg! It's the Rose Bride!"

The art is lovely, as expected. I like the OP and ED animation, but whoever came up with the opening song needs to be shot... the ED music isn't all that hot either. The background music is alright, though--almost Marimite-ish, amusingly enough. There's a gorgeously well-animated swordfight in the second half of the episode, which (much like Camus's introduction) also gave me Utena flashbacks.

I do hope someone subs this...
Old 2004-11-06, 12:04   Link #55
Fellini 8.5
Film Snob

I have it on good authority that Shi-Fa will, in fact, take it on. So hang in there!
Old 2004-11-06, 12:17   Link #56
dreamless

some random screenshots I've taken from first episode (including OP and ED)
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Yup Camus is super HOT, but still Ludwig-sama is the HOTTEST

I love the OP and ED animations. for the songs, I love the ED song, I think the OP song is okay, has the strange BeeTrain-ish touch to it. I didn't really like Madlax's OP at first but it grew on me... I think Meine Liebe's OP will do the same for me

The first episode doesn't really have much story development, mostly setting up the background and giving an idea of who the bad guy is, or at least one of the bad guys... Yup it does somewhat remind me of Marimite too, but then this is all boys
Old 2004-11-06, 12:33   Link #57
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by auriya

I feel the same way. ^_^ After all, it seems only fair that after a year full of bishoujo/hentai-games-turned-anime, here at last comes a bishounen-game-turned-anime.
This is the expanded version, hope it covers all holes:

Cute girls attract both males and females.
Cute girls making out attract both males and females.
Cute girls in mecha attract males, but by also making out they attract the females as well.
Cute boys attract only females.
Cute boys making out repels males.
Those who are gay go for the live-action.
Thus the disparity.

I also like Fushigi Yugi, Harukanaru (just a bit), Ayashi no Ceres (very much) Good plot does tend to equalize things. I'm talking about the ratio of shows being put out and the initial target audience.

Last edited by DaFool; 2004-11-06 at 12:51.
Old 2004-11-06, 12:45   Link #58
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
Cute girls attract both males and females.
Cute boys attract only females. Those who are gay go for the live-action.
Thus the disparity.
Hmm... care to back up your claim? As far as I know, there are plenty of males watching shows like Harukanaru Toki no Naka de, Ayashi no Ceres and Fushigi Yuugi, and they are not gays, however few girls I know watch shows like Girls Bravo and DearS.
Old 2004-11-06, 12:56   Link #59
DaFool
Resident devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
however few girls I know watch shows like Girls Bravo and DearS.
Girls Bravo and DearS are designed to be downright ecchi shows for horny toads, nowhere near the classy wtf storytelling style of h-games. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think those 2 were h-game based.

Wait a minute...of the shows in mind only Yamibou would be h-game...there has been no comparison in this thread with stuff like Kakyuusei or what not

My logic doesn't make sense, sorry I am confusing you and myself as well, it's 2am here.
Old 2004-11-06, 13:08   Link #60
dreamless

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFool
Girls Bravo and DearS are designed to be downright ecchi shows for horny toads, nowhere near the classy wtf storytelling style of h-games. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think those 2 were h-game based.

Wait a minute...of the shows in mind only Yamibou would be h-game...there has been no comparison in this thread with stuff like Kakyuusei or what not

My logic doesn't make sense, sorry I am confusing you and myself as well, it's 2am here.
err... Meine Liebe is not based on an h-game, and there are lots of bishoujo/dating-sim games that are not h-games. Also the game Meine Liebe is not about Boys Love, it's actually about a girl trying to date handsome guys, so it's a perfect normal boy girl relationship game (although you can get girls to end up with you as best friends too, so maybe a bit Girls Love stuff too...)

Besides, I don't think cute girls making out attracts females... maybe some, but not in general... also cute guys making out doesn't necessarily attract females in general neither... at least that's what I get from some online forum talks... some fangirls may like to see cute boys hugging and/or kissing... but they don't necessarily like to see them doing something further

EDIT: no problem there, I guess we can all get a bit confused easily, especially when it's 2am
Closed Thread