AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Fan Creations

Notices

Old 2006-12-02, 16:36   Link #41
Gundam Zero Force

Thanks for all the info . .

yeah the hands are Super HARD, but I'll just keep chugging along . . .

anyways . . . Zero You draw very good I think . . . . and the redlining that you do for me helps a lot

I guess I won't stop posting pictures . . I just thought I was becoming too selfish by asking you all to help me . . . I can't be led by the hand all the way . . I mean yes of course I am drawing all the pictures but also I need to learn things on my own as well. Don't get me wrong though, I REALLY APPRECIATE the feedback. Most people I guess would get mad when someone points out the mistakes in thier drawings, but I am eager to know what I did wrong and fix it to improve it.

I learned something by myself that I did not know I was doing . . . I laugh at myself now because it was so obvious yet I never noticed it.

Even in your 5 min drawing you did the eyes perfectly, I was drawing lines ALL the way around where there should be little no no lines near the cornes of the eyelids. I tried it and my most recent drawing look just like Relena! WOW how stupid can I get? All I had to do was erase a bit on the edges of the eyes and I made my drawing look 10x better

Anyway . . I'll post some stuff later . . so far I drew one close up of Relena with her hand on her cheek, another drawing where it is a close up of her face, and guess what . . I drew another Character OH MY . . . . yes I drew Sora from Kingdom Hearts for the first time and he turned out real well, THEN I drew an imaginary guy . . . he turned out quite well for the fact the it only took me 5 min to draw him

I think my speed of drawing better is picking up greatly and the effiecncy and consistency for my drawings are skyrocketing . . . . When I find time to scan them in I'll post them . . .

Thanks for the feedback again!
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-02, 16:42   Link #42
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayos View Post
Well here's my sketches, I would of course appreciate anyone's comment, I have a tendency to abuse my lines.
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/2913/99qw4.jpg

There's something wrong with this second one but I can't figure out what?
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/141/78ov4.jpg

Those are very good . . . I have nothing to critique because I can't see anything wrong with it I like them, very nice.
Old 2006-12-03, 01:08   Link #43
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Zero Shinohara
Quote:
Nice! Please spare some time to finish/colour it.

Thanks D: And I'll see what I can do, although I don't think I might do it, since all my drawing time has been devoted to my upcoming Light Novel.

Quote:
I guess I won't stop posting pictures . . I just thought I was becoming too selfish by asking you all to help me . . . I can't be led by the hand all the way . . I mean yes of course I am drawing all the pictures but also I need to learn things on my own as well. Don't get me wrong though, I REALLY APPRECIATE the feedback. Most people I guess would get mad when someone points out the mistakes in thier drawings, but I am eager to know what I did wrong and fix it to improve it.

I learned something by myself that I did not know I was doing . . . I laugh at myself now because it was so obvious yet I never noticed it.

Even in your 5 min drawing you did the eyes perfectly, I was drawing lines ALL the way around where there should be little no no lines near the cornes of the eyelids. I tried it and my most recent drawing look just like Relena! WOW how stupid can I get? All I had to do was erase a bit on the edges of the eyes and I made my drawing look 10x better
Thanks too D:

And yes, I had noticed your little issue with the outlining of the eyes, but since each person has his/her own style, I thought you were deliberately doing it. It serves as good practice, though, to outline the eyes like that, so your experience wasn't totally wasted.

And don't stop posting. Other people's comments really might help, after a while, you know. Although I'm more of a competitive type, I've always got good lessons out of the feedback I received. Just keep posting, and we'll all learn together.

Quote:
Anyway . . I'll post some stuff later . . so far I drew one close up of Relena with her hand on her cheek, another drawing where it is a close up of her face, and guess what . . I drew another Character OH MY . . . . yes I drew Sora from Kingdom Hearts for the first time and he turned out real well, THEN I drew an imaginary guy . . . he turned out quite well for the fact the it only took me 5 min to draw him
Sora rocks, but I preffer Roxas. ( See the infamous component on that comment? ). And I'm eager to see what you drew, so post up when you can.

Quote:
I think my speed of drawing better is picking up greatly and the effiecncy and consistency for my drawings are skyrocketing . . . . When I find time to scan them in I'll post them . . .
Well, that's great to hear, but be careful not to draw too fast, as you might end up ripping the paper or something. And also, try to always think as an artist. When you're drawing, see if you can start mechanizing yourself into seeing the invisible lines of your drawing even before your pencil touches the paper. Pros usually do that because it's absolutely inefficient to draw while paying more attention to the tip of the pencil instead of the overall drawing. That way you'll draw better, more consistent lines.

Quote:
Well here's my sketches, I would of course appreciate anyone's comment, I have a tendency to abuse my lines.
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/2913/99qw4.jpg

There's something wrong with this second one but I can't figure out what?
http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/141/78ov4.jpg

p.s. thank you for the compliment on my work, those were my sketches from... like years ago.
Holy crap. If you did those a few years ago, then I can't even imagine how you're drawing now. And I'm gonna say this, but I don't even think I have the artistic right to. But since you showed concern about the second one you posted, here goes:

Her left-side eyebrow ( viewer's POV ) is a little bit inconsistent with the rest of the drawing. The arc it makes above the eyes normally doesn't end so abruptly, and if you look at the one on the right, they don't look very much alike. Another small thing I noticed is on her left nostril - the surrounding part of the nose is too close to it, making her nose appear a little unproportional. You could either do two things, move the curve around the nostril a little to the left, or draw the nostril-line more towards the center. It's such a small thing, and being such, it's pretty easy to fix.

Another thing is her nose-line. The way you broke the line down, it seems like her nose has a little lump at around the middle, since the lower part of the noseline is in an angle just a little bit higher than the top line. Again, such a small thing that can be fixed in no time.

Here's a redline:

http://www.kidoutenshi.net/random/78ov4[1]redline.jpg

And, for the most part, it's a great and beautiful drawing, and I couldn't do one like those myself. Besides the fact that you probably drawing without even those minimal flaws anymore. Makes me hella envyous, but great work

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Zero Shinohara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 15:50   Link #44
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Just call me Zero dude, the whole name seems so formal I thought you were mad at me.

And wow, and here I thought that I didn't sleep enough during the week, when I average 5-7 hours, depending on the situation. Must be pretty tough.

Quote:
Envious? You shouldn't be, you draw pretty good yourself. You have a different style than mine.
Thanks, and yeah, the styles are different. But there's a big gap between what you did with your pencil and what I can do, it's something I've realized. Your lines seem so much more consistent, away from the entire mess I make. But yeah, I think it depends on a lot of other issues.

And maybe you should pick up drawing every once in a while, too. I actually haven't finished anything in over six months, due to the fact that I've become even more of a perfeccionist than I ever was. And maybe because I tend to get bored after a while of drawing the same picture, I don't know. I too used to spend a lot of time playing games and actually doing nothing, sitting here, looking at my MSN screen and waiting for someone to message me. After a while, I decided it was enough, and so I started doing and learned some interesting stuff, including my comeback to the forums.

So yeah, I started writing this 3 hours ago before my grandmother stormed into my room and got control of my PC, so I don't even know what I'm talking about anymore.

Sometimes I look back and think to myself, "how the hell did I manage to screw this up?"
Old 2006-12-03, 16:47   Link #45
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Quote:
Well Zero it is then, what can I say it's college for you. Everyone in my school sleeps about the same amount. You should see final week of each Quarter, people were looking like zombie (talking about two to zero hours of sleep each night for a week straight).
Yeah, I know that pretty well. Im in my finals week too, and I just got out of a 5-test-in-a-week week, and I'm just starting another. Which reminds me I need to go study phisics in a few minutes. Good thing is that it's paying off, since I'm probably going to get As in all of those classes. But that's one of the reasons why I haven't been able to even scribble in a piece of paper lately.

Quote:
Trust me I've tried, it's just hard to get back into the flow, there's so much haven't done yet. So many games I have that are still in their rapper. So many anime and manga I haven't view yet but still on my external HD.
Yeah, I have a lot of games and stuff here as well, sometimes I download just the heck of it and completely forget about it. Utawarerumono was one of these, lol. However, I've been in conflict with my gaming-self for a while now, since most of the games I play are MMOs, thus getting pretty boring after a while if you're the solo type.

Quote:
A lot of people have that same addiction. I use to have an addiction to AIM. Then I asked myself "what the hell am I doing?". Now I don't even remember my screenname and pass, oh well I was over it anyway.
Well, I still keep in contact with my MSN friends, I can't simply uninstall this stuff and go on, most of the people I talk to have been friends of mine for over five years. The thing is that sometimes you don't feel like doing anything, and you're just looking for an excuse to lay there and look dumb.

Quote:
I understand, I feel the same way. If I drew something in one day and that day pass I would never touch it again (as in modifying or adding). That's why when I draw something I try to complete it within that same day.
Same thing, same thing. I try to keep on with them, but I try to extend my drawings for too long. You know, I love doing these Anime-poster-like scenes with all the characters in nice "cool" positions and all the detail, this and that. Then, after the third day working on it, I decide it sucks and woops, there goes a lot of wasted time again.

Quote:
Uhh... will this be the theme of your light novel? Just kidding, I have no clue what that was all about. Are you saying your grandma confiscated your pc
Yeap. My mom has started to become addicted to Yahoo! Music recently, so every minute she's got free at home, she's listening to these old 70's songs, which means that my grandmother is left out of the computer for a long time. I got up while writing that post to get some water, and my grandmother sat here, supposed to take just a few minutes, and it took her a good three hours. But it's good for her, to have something to be interested in, so I don't have anything to complain.

And about the novel, sorry, forgot about that.

Well, it's a story that's based in two aspects of my own life: my real-life life, and my life as Zero Shinohara, the identity I assumed online, and how this character was developed over so many years in here. Though the story is a fictional piece, I try to relate everything in there to something that's part of my current or old life, like the presence of the character's only friend, who's named after my deceased dog, who was, too, my only real friend, certain aspects of my personality and things like that. I'm planning on making a formal announcement about it, with some more information on this, with more details, so I think that saying too much would spoil things later. But I'm doing my best to do something worth reading. It HAS been on planning and development for over too years, after all <_<

Old 2006-12-03, 16:53   Link #46
chison
GSNMaSter
*Artist

step1: draw ....draw ....draw ....draw ....
step2: getting bore
step3: looks at others works
step4: reserch of PRO
step5: reborn
step2: draw ....draw ....draw ....draw ....

(i'm a failed admin[failed of time and failed of respondsability]..so..i enjoys watching and respon of other works)
how i draw is a different matter...i change drawing logic quite often....so i guess i'm now working on lines logic?to draw?
chison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 17:35   Link #47
Gundam Zero Force

Ok here is a picture of Sora, a random guy from my head, and a close up of Relena . . .

Uh well, I did these like like 2 days ago . . . .

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...L_HOMIE/AB.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n..._HOMIE/AB1.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n..._HOMIE/AB2.jpg

Ok in between those pictures above I drew several more . . . but here is my most recent once since last night . . . It is yet another random guy in a random setting . . . enjoy

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n..._HOMIE/AB3.jpg

I took longer on the background than the Character . . . . funny
Old 2006-12-03, 17:41   Link #48
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Quote:
Well here's a key hint, you could draw each characters separately on a different sheet or screen. Then once all the characters are finished you could place them all together in layers. I prefer not to draw to much on one sheet, cause if something mess it up, there goes all the hard work.
Yup, yup, I see what you mean, and I'm still to try that out, but dang, I really need to get back to drawing full-scale.

Quote:
Sounds interesting.
And thanks! Right now, I'm working on the background history of the Mechas I'm going to use. I'm using them scarely throughout the series, since there's nothing in the main focus that involves them ( or is there? ), so I'm not planning on spending too much time talking about them. But like every series, you can't just throw things in without having a real-world explanation for them. I really don't like the kind of anime where things happen "miraculously".

If you don't mind reading, here's a working sketch:

Spoiler:

I'm working on more specific descriptions for each of the models, and then I'll work on skecthes and designs for them later.

Quote:
Ok here is a picture of Sora, a random guy from my head, and a close up of Relena . . .

Uh well, I did these like like 2 days ago . . . .

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...L_HOMIE/AB.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n..._HOMIE/AB1.jpg

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n..._HOMIE/AB2.jpg

Ok in between those pictures above I drew several more . . . but here is my most recent once since last night . . . It is yet another random guy in a random setting . . . enjoy

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n..._HOMIE/AB3.jpg

I took longer on the background than the Character . . . . funny
Oh crap. I really do need to get back to drawing, otherwise you're gonna pass me in therms of skill in two weeks. Great improvement, dude, great improvement. In fact, I think you're probably the person with the fastest improvement rate I've seen up to now. The Sora one is just great. Sorry but I need to actually take a test right now, so I won't have time to comment on these fo the time being. But when I get back, I'll certainly write more!

Old 2006-12-03, 17:46   Link #49
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Shinohara
I love doing these Anime-poster-like scenes with all the characters in nice "cool" positions and all the detail, this and that. Then, after the third day working on it, I decide it sucks and woops, there goes a lot of wasted time again.
Oh Yeah! . . . . that is exactly what I like! I cannot wait until I can get to that level . . . I get excited when I think of all the "cool" poster looking drawings I can make . . . .

I plan to do one with Relena and Heero facing back to back and looking up at the sky and in the background . . . . well I don't no what I'll add to the background yet . . . but it will be cool
Old 2006-12-03, 17:51   Link #50
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
Oh crap. I really do need to get back to drawing, otherwise you're gonna pass me in therms of skill in two weeks. Great improvement, dude, great improvement. In fact, I think you're probably the person with the fastest improvement rate I've seen up to now. The Sora one is just great. Sorry but I need to actually take a test right now, so I won't have time to comment on these fo the time being. But when I get back, I'll certainly write more!
ah . . . Tests, don't we just love those? Yeah right . . . . almost every week in the same class (especially College Mathmatics which is every kind of math jumbled together) there are tests . . . . .ugg, I hate taking tests, my mind wanders too much

Thanks for the feedback . . . . I really like these drawings . . . I plan to keep striving for more improvement . . . . Everytime I draw a picture I can feel my hand getting more used to the curving and the proportions . . . I am having to erase a lot less than I did two weks ago
Old 2006-12-03, 19:18   Link #51
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
Truly Gundam is getting pretty good pretty fast . . .
What can I say? Honestly I don't like to brag . . but Listening to Music from Kingdom Hearts and Gundam Wing really does inspire me to draw . . . . I can't really explain it . . . . the music is so good and I enjoy it . .

If only it were warmer out, I would be drawing outside . . . . BRRRRR It is soooo cold here in Seattle . . . . It snowed and College was canceled last week . . . schools closing here for snow is rare . . . .
Old 2006-12-03, 19:19   Link #52
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

I can't see the latest artworks by Gundam... u.u

Lots of great artists active here~ Now I'm kinda scared of posting ^^;
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-03, 19:46   Link #53
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius View Post

You scared? You'd outmatch me any day with a drawing that you could make Besides I am not indimidating . . . I make pretty pictures of Relena and a few others on the side . .

and even if I do become real good in a few months you should not be afraid to post your stuff . . .

I like seeing what other epople can draw because I can see how I can improve or a new style I should try out
Old 2006-12-03, 20:38   Link #54
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Quote:
Wow, you really went into details with the mech and everything. Although the story do remind me of Full Metal Panic, with the war and mech. Hmm... mech war, no that would be Gundam. Keep up the good work (thumbs up).
Thanks . And yeah, I'm a pretty fan of FMP and Gundam myself, so I thought that adding some mecha in the sidelines would be interesting. However, I'm doing my best to make these machines as close to reality as possible, using real-world power sources, weaponry and materials. No Gundanium, Phase-shift or Lambda driver for those pilots for now . And if you get to read the story ( when I get down to writing it, lol ), I guess you'd understand why technology was so quickly developed. As a little spoiler, the technology they're using is actually a downgrade of the original experimental design they were testing.

I'm also calculating Heights/Widths, Weights, this and that. If there's one thing I get excited about, that's mechs.

Quote:

Nah, don't do that. From what I've seen, you have pretty good skills yourself, so if you stopped posting, we'd lose another member of the current art club on the boards. Even I get somewhat scared of posting, since I'm never confident on any of the drawings I make ( holy crap, someone just put the AC down to what, 50 degrees? It's freezing in here ), so I think twice about posting. But the community here is pretty nice, so I end up doing it.

Anyway, the reason you probably can't see them is 'cause you clicked on the quoted text in one of the following posts. If you go to his original post, HERE , you can see'em.

Quote:
What can I say? Honestly I don't like to brag . . but Listening to Music from Kingdom Hearts and Gundam Wing really does inspire me to draw . . . . I can't really explain it . . . . the music is so good and I enjoy it . .

If only it were warmer out, I would be drawing outside . . . . BRRRRR It is soooo cold here in Seattle . . . . It snowed and College was canceled last week . . . schools closing here for snow is rare . . . .
Listening to music is really a great way to concentrate and focus on your drawing, and when you've got a song you like, it's even better. Sometimes I get these adrenaline injections when there's a song I'm really into playing, and I get to drawing like crazy. Having a cup of good ol' coffee helps too.

I'd love to see snow, but Florida's hot like hell every day of the year. I travel 5 thousand miles from my country to the US, and the environment is the same. What the hell?

Quote:
At the same time we're too lazy to do our own, so we would rather help others with our knowledge instead. Please feel free to post your images.
Couldn't have said it better, kayos

Old 2006-12-03, 22:38   Link #55
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Alright, here we go.

For starters, like I said, you're improving very quickly, Gundam. The quality, lines and you're picking up the useful tips pretty quickly and applying most of them to your drawings, and that's good. Your drawing of Sora was just great. The only thing I could point out in there is his mouth, and the position of his ear. Look at the redline I did for the picture, so you can see where the ears normally go. When the head is at an angle, the ears move on the neck-axis the same way, so having them up there isn't accurate. I'm pretty poor at drawing open mouths, so I adopted a stile that helps in that way, but I tried to show you how the lower part of the lips normally moves a little back when the mouth is open.

On your own character, it's pretty good, and if your style is having a more life-like jaw and chin, it's good. All I need to point out there is the position of the eyes, like kayos said before, and the jawline, which isn't at the same level as his nose. Also, try lifting your eyebrows a little bit. One thing that helps is draw a guideline for the eyebrows and then thicken that line to your liking. His mouth is a little unproportional to the left side ( viewer's POV ), but that isn't much of an issue, just make sure you remember that the the lips are proportional to the sides.

The same goes for Relena's drawing, and just make sure you try to get the faceline as proportional as possible when drawing faces in this position. The right side of her face ( viewer's POV ) is a little wider than the other side, so that's something to work on. Also, the ears. Ears normally start at around the jaw and end at around the height of the top eye line, so you can enlarge them a little bit. Also, you don't have to worry making them more-or-line real ears, where they curve inwards. Just a shape like the half of a heart ( am I doing this right? ) will do the job.

In the last one, I see you are starting to draw more elaborate scenery and more detailed drawings. Well, my advice to you is to always draw your characters a little larger, like they are closer to the "camera". It helps getting props right and all. And remember to draw your Point of View lines - in the drawing you posted, you have a two-point perspective, one at the collarbone of your character, and one much higher above the top end of the drawing, so keep them in mind for now. As things get farther from the center of the POV, they tend to get smaller and certain things tend to move in-outward and shrink-enlarge. Take a minute to look at how I more-or-less tried to show that by using pink lines for the POV lines and how they interact with the drawing.

Besides that, you're rally on track for graduation. Great work, and keep'em coming.

http://www.kidoutenshi.net/random/Drawing4-outlines.jpg

Quote:
The spoiler is giving me goosebumps. Can't wait to see the actual writing, the picture I'm getting in my head is the girl from "She the Ultimate Weapon," though it has nothing to do your story or your concept. She's just so cute with all that weapons sprouting from her back. heh heh.
We think too much alike, lol. In fact, I used to use certain prefixes on my nickname, depending on my mood. One of them was "Saishu-Heiki". THIS is giving me goosebumps!

And don't worry, the original design isn't like Chise. The poor girl was just too much!

Quote:
There's an art club? Why was I not invited, I get it I'm new to the forum.
There's no invitation, you're part of it by being a part of the community, I guess?

Quote:
You know Florida was the state I was planning to go to school in but a sudden twist of fate happened and I ended up going to school in New York. Lots of beautiful scenery here in New York during winter time. Check it out in the "General Chat," I posted some photos in the "photograph" thread. It's me home. Very lovely.
Oooh, I bet you guys have great scenarios there. Mountains, nice autumn leaves, great parks... here, all we got is miles and miles and more miles of flat, 30-foot-above-sea-level land... everything I don't like :| But I'm moving to a place like that, just wait!

Quote:
To the art community I bid thee farewell for now, I must attend to my needs in the real world. Ignoring the calling from my own work long enough. Papers and projects have piled mountain high on my desk. I have placed my ps2 and tv in the closet and yet there's still the internet. It's tough but I'll live.

Zero it's been fun and Gundam keep at it you're doing fine. For everyone else...
POST AS MANY SKETCHES AS YOU CAN FOR ZERO TO REDLINE THEM!!!!

I would drop in on the weekend to help out. Keep up the great advice Zero, you'll be the critic of the art community here. You got my vote.

Well nothing left for me to say... Ciao (so dramatic what an ass)
Aw, hate to see you go, but I understand perfectly where you're coming from. I need to finish a 30-slide presentation about Office 2003 for thursday and I have Trigonometry final on the same date, along with Object-Oriented programming on wednesday. Phew, another tough week, here we go.

And thanks for the appointment, but I don't like assuming responsibilities when I know I might not be able to fulfill them as needed, so I say we share the position with everyone that wants to help out.

Have a nice week ( I know it's gonna be crap, but it's the thought that counts, right? ), and see ya later.

Old 2006-12-04, 00:14   Link #56
Gundam Zero Force

Same here . .. I will be busy this week in College . . . my drawing will continue but I will not be able to post as much until friday . . . . hopefully sooner maybe . . .

until then see you all around . .

and Zero thanks for the help

We now continue to our show already in progrss . . .
Old 2006-12-04, 08:25   Link #57
Zero Shinohara
I'll keep walking.
*Artist

Well, I'm gonna see if I get some free time during the week to get to writing a teaser that sets the mood for the story, and then I'll work my way onto the real stuff after that.

I'm gonna be around during the week, so post if you get the time. Till then!

Old 2006-12-04, 23:05   Link #58
Gundam Zero Force

oh wow . . I ahev no idea how I fit the time to scan these and post them but I have

So without further delay . . . here are 3 more . .

1) Well this one came from my head . . . it is sad of course . . pretty much her is how the story goes . . . Relena sees Heero on the dock and Relena wants to say goodbye (this takes place after the Endless Waltz) and gives Heero her journal . . . . . Heero throws it on the ground an walks away . . . sad

Side Note: I originally had releana have tears streaming down her face, but it was way too sad . . . if you think I should ad them back please tell me.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...E/Drawing4.jpg

2) Do I really need to say anymore? I call it Heero and Relena . . . this is my first attemopt ever in drawing Heero's face . . . I think it turned out well . . . also Heero is happy in this one . . . he just isn't avery emotional guy though . . .

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...E/Drawing5.jpg

3) So here is one I just made today . . the other two were from Sunday night . . . . I call it "another day of work done" . . . personally I like Relena in girl's clothes . . but she does wear something like this in the GW series so I'd figure why no try it . . . . I think it turned out well

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...Drawing6-1.jpg

Last but ot least . . a special crop I did on the picture above . . . . . I am still amazed at the detail after sooming in this close

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n...E/Drawing6.jpg

So I have no doubt the red pen of Doom will be all over these . . . . I bet I messed up in a lot of places . . . . . but hey . . . I am pushing my limits father everytime I try a new Perpective I never drew before . . . also the first two are the first drawing I ever did containing 2 people . . . . enjoy

By now I have already drawn like 2 other drawings . . . . . when I get another good collection I'll post them another day . . this should be enough to critique for at least a day

Well I'm back to drawing and listening to Gundam and Kingdom Hearts . . . . . anyone hear the song from Kingdom Herats called Dearly Beloved? I losve the reprise and the original . . . simple yet moving .
Old 2006-12-05, 00:34   Link #59
celcius
Aspiring but lazy

Ooooh, nice work Gundam Zero Force~ Your improvements are huge and quick, and I kind of envy you ^^

Anyway, for #1, I see what you were going for. Just an opinion though, I think it'd be better if the perspective is more level to their faces. We'd see Relena's face which is closer to the beholder and the guy's back farther. Anyway, that's just me
Back to artwork stuff: the two things I notice very much are the braided hair and her eyes. For the hair, it's too stiff~ braided hair is still hair so it should still somewhat flow, even if to a lesser extent since it's heavier. About the eyes, they don't look sad.. which I guess is another avenue for you to branch out to, expressions. ^^

For #2, Relena's mouth is a little to the (our) right. AS for Heero's neck, the inside should be some sort of 'V' starting from the both sides of the lower chin extending down and joining in the center of the collar.

#3 is great~ (which reminds me, I should start working on my perspective shots u.u) I don't know if you're going for a top-down view or Relena bowing down; but if it's the latter then I have no comments and it is really good. If it's the former, the BG doesn't quite reflect the top down perspective, as well as her body (from shoulder down)

Great work, and hope to see more~ ^^
celcius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-05, 13:28   Link #60
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by celcius View Post
Ooooh, nice work Gundam Zero Force~ Your improvements are huge and quick, and I kind of envy you ^^

Anyway, for #1, I see what you were going for. Just an opinion though, I think it'd be better if the perspective is more level to their faces. We'd see Relena's face which is closer to the beholder and the guy's back farther. Anyway, that's just me
Back to artwork stuff: the two things I notice very much are the braided hair and her eyes. For the hair, it's too stiff~ braided hair is still hair so it should still somewhat flow, even if to a lesser extent since it's heavier. About the eyes, they don't look sad.. which I guess is another avenue for you to branch out to, expressions. ^^

For #2, Relena's mouth is a little to the (our) right. AS for Heero's neck, the inside should be some sort of 'V' starting from the both sides of the lower chin extending down and joining in the center of the collar.

#3 is great~ (which reminds me, I should start working on my perspective shots u.u) I don't know if you're going for a top-down view or Relena bowing down; but if it's the latter then I have no comments and it is really good. If it's the former, the BG doesn't quite reflect the top down perspective, as well as her body (from shoulder down)

Great work, and hope to see more~ ^^
Lol I guess I am improving due to the fact there were more things I did right than wrong lol . . . no but really thanks for the reply I appreciate your honesty and kindness . . . . I've got to keep drawing different angle If I am going to get it right . . . the more challenging angles (especially the ones I have never drawn) are what I am aiming for . . of course I need to take it slow and there are some views I won't dare draw yet ubtil I have mastered the basics first. I can't just jump to a hard scene and expect it to look right . . . I still need to stay simple before I get to more elaborate scenes . . . . Thanks again