AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Clannad

Notices

View Poll Results: Clannad - Episode 16 Rating
Perfect 10 71 41.28%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 69 40.12%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 13.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.33%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.74%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.58%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-01, 07:28   Link #41
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
I say this was a better ep that last week for me based on enjoyment. Its nice to see everyone pitching in and contribute to the story - and wow, the humor has never been so good
I am also quite disappointed that mei has to go home already...dam I want her as my little sister ;__;
Kyou raising up the flag for herself yet again, getting annoyed with tomoyo was a sight to behold. CAT FIGHT! I say

Highlights:

Nagisa has a scarr!?

Sunohara gets nose plugged XD

Sunohara killing himself with the statue.

Kyou having ace aiming because "..."

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-01, 07:58   Link #42
bevan
Knight of Zero

voted wrongly

This episode did cover the sunohara siblings arc right? i remember seeing 4 light orbs in the title. Kouko, Fuuko, Kotomi and Sunohara now?
Old 2008-02-01, 08:00   Link #43
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

It didn't cover what the route originally is, but considering how the episode ended, it is probable that it is the light orb for the sunohara siblings.
Old 2008-02-01, 08:01   Link #44
bevan
Knight of Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
It didn't cover what the route originally is, but considering how the episode ended, it is probable that it is the light orb for the sunohara siblings.
Like mei seeing how sunohara is and feeling happy for him right? been ages since I played the game.. so i'm kinda blur
Old 2008-02-01, 08:02   Link #45
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

The episode showed how awesome and enlightening sports anime can be

Also, the new ED version 2.0 was nicely sung. Didn't sound as sad as the last version.
Old 2008-02-01, 08:19   Link #46
Kristen
*Author

I need to rewatch this. Watching anime with the flu always makes you overjudge them.

To me, it seemed like this episode was just a good and happy filler. It didn't seem to really have much plot at all, and could be a self contained episode. Of course, if I didn't have the flu, I'd understand that there are so many more meanings to this episode than just that.

Also, for some reason the OP this week seemed to be slower... Was I the only one who thought that?

And, yes, there are now 4 lights, thus continuing my theory that the lights are based on the DVDs, since these episodes are part of DVD 6, while the last 3 were DVD 5.

I'm only giving this an 8 based off of first impressions, but it'll probably be a 9 after I rewatch it in a few days.
Old 2008-02-01, 08:23   Link #47
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rookie103 View Post
Shouldn't be long now.
Subs are already out by both Sprocket and SS-Eclipse

Anywayz I'm gonna cross post my thoughts on the b'ball game this episode with one I made from another forum.

"I saw eps 16 and i must say I'm mighty impressed with how they portrayed the basketball game. Generally speaking non-sports anime fail terribly when it comes to animating sport scenes and even some sports anime suck at it too, but in this case however with eps 16 of Clannad it wasn't bad at all. You can clearly see that the animation/directing crew had a somewhat decent understanding of the game of basketball, which in turned allowed them to more accurately depict the finer points of the game such as clearing and checking the ball when you're playing half court ball. And props to them too, because if it were a full court 3on3 game instead, i would've banged my head against the wall. Literally! ><

However the one thing that I do have to nitpick on is despite how accurate the animation was in portraying the characters shooting and doing their stuff, most of the time it was just exactly that, a close up of them up in the air shooting with a flashy background with another close-up of the ball falling through the basket afterwards. It probably would've better if there had been more build-up to as how these shots came about. But then again Clannad's not exactly a basketball anime either, and it did have one of the better anime portrayals of the game so I guess i can overlook this one minor complaint this time. Plus it was good to see a variety of shots being used too. They had your normal jumpers, a lay-up or two by Sunohara and Kyou, hell they even managed to throw in both a reverse and hook shot too, but by far the best shot(although to some i imagine it'll probably be considered a peg instead lol ) was probably Okazaki's fade away buzzer beater and clutch shot. A very nice touch by KyoAni here i reckon, his whole monologue on a monotone background additioned with flashbacks. Just bravo KyoAni. Bravo "

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2008-02-01, 08:25   Link #48
Rookie103

I give it an 8.

I liked the basketball match and the way it's all unfolding now. Only problem I had was, the episode went a bit too fast for me.
Old 2008-02-01, 08:28   Link #49
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
To me, it seemed like this episode was just a good and happy filler. It didn't seem to really have much plot at all, and could be a self contained episode. Of course, if I didn't have the flu, I'd understand that there are so many more meanings to this episode than just that.
Well, the Okazaki + Nagisa pairing is blooming thanks to this episode and there's a lead-in towards Okazaki's storyline of hurting his shoulder and all. The next episode seems to delve deeper so this ep felt like a lead-in.

Quote:
Also, for some reason the OP this week seemed to be slower... Was I the only one who thought that?
Both OP and ED appears to be re-sung.

As for the B-ball, they didn't animate a whole bunch of it by cutting to other characters' reactions. At least what we did see was done pretty well.
Old 2008-02-01, 08:31   Link #50
Solafighter
Hige

Great episode!
Old 2008-02-01, 08:31   Link #51
hai_san

funniest part was the "Basketball team spirit part" ... poor Sunohara getting abused by Tomoya&Kyou... even after re-watching it 10x i can still laugh about it
Old 2008-02-01, 09:06   Link #52
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Sunohara was class this episode. The poll needs an 11 please!

Spoiler for thoughts:
Old 2008-02-01, 09:09   Link #53
Takuto19
Yarrrr

9/10

Would of given it a 10 but there wasn't that much of a advancement in Kyous or Tomoyos arc (whatever one there planning on doing next) so a 9 seems to work well.

Definently one of my favoruit episodes so far, the basketball match was great.

Spoiler for Episode 16 Basketball Match:
Old 2008-02-01, 09:13   Link #54
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
and happy filler.
I don't know how someone could call this filler. Is that what happens when we don't enter one of the girls arc?

I'm rather interested in Tomoyo finding Tomoya 'interesting' --- mainly because of how all this came about last episode. I guess that'll lead straight into her arc, though i can't ignore the lunch time conversation. Both sisters having a thing for him, hmm.

& yeah the basketball match was quite awesome. I especially like how they handled Tomoya's monologue before he took the final shot.
Old 2008-02-01, 09:13   Link #55
brocko

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
As for the B-ball, they didn't animate a whole bunch of it by cutting to other characters' reactions. At least what we did see was done pretty well.
Yea that was the thing that kinda bugged me too, I would've liked to have seen a lot more of the game instead of those random crowd or 'jump and ball falls in hoop' scenes But like you said what we did see was pretty well done and imo was probably more than expected too seeing as though Clannad isn't exactly a sports anime let alone a basketball one

http://www.freerice.com/ - For each word you get right, 10 grains of rice is donated through the UN to help end world hunger.
Old 2008-02-01, 09:27   Link #56
Ruhisu
Tomoyo/Kotomi/Fuko fan

Oh yeah!
It was the one of the best scenes in this episode.
I really enjoyed the music at the match
Old 2008-02-01, 09:29   Link #57
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
just finished the ep
17 out of 10
kyoani could end the show in this ep and it wouldn't feel wrong
it just had an end of season feel to it what with
Spoiler for spoiler:

thank god there are still 8 eps left
Old 2008-02-01, 10:07   Link #58
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

I'm really surprised they haven't shipped Kotomi overseas yet, considering that would be the easy way of removing her from the picture. I'm glad though, as KotomiXTomoya is the one true coupling I'd like to see, despite me knowing the three remaining heroines have much better chances than her. ^^;

And this episode just reinforces Kyou being my favorite female character, and Sunohara being the best of them all in this series for me. Kyou because of her acting like her usual self, trying to act like cupid to the guy she (unconsciously?) likes. Sunohara on the other hand is just too damn funny, and it's nice to see he actually does care about his sister despite what he says otherwise. ^_^

Kind of odd though. Kyou's thigh highs is pretty high up her thigh, yet it seems around 14:12 it disappeared. Oh well, I'll forgive that one, as ponytail + zettai ryouiki even in summer + embarrassed look scores a lot of points in my moe meter. As the founder of ISML has said, definitely a shoo in to the regular rounds of that tourney. ^^;

And I just realized, I really like Clannad's female uniforms. Nice contrast between summer and winter.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-02-01, 10:11   Link #59
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

^
Game spoilers much. Foreshadowing is there for it to happen, granted (thus people should be able to guess it's one of the outcomes), but saying it outright is another story. Please spoiler tag or remove completely else I report...

On second viewing, doesn't Mei giving the weird statue kind of remind people of Fuuko with her starfish? If anything, Fuuko lives on in spirit.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2008-02-01, 11:36   Link #60
mandarb916

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
On second viewing, doesn't Mei giving the weird statue kind of remind people of Fuuko with her starfish? If anything, Fuuko lives on in spirit.
considering tomoya asked mei to bring him a doguu (the clay doll) jokingly, no...not really.
Closed Thread