5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.22%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 0.89%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.22%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.33%
Voters: 451. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-04-12, 21:56   Link #41
KrimzonStriker

Okay, I really don't see what your problem was with it, plus they had the whole ending thing with Lelouch and Clovis which was really sweet and helped confirm he was Royalty for me. I didn't find it confusing at all, just that Lelouch is a superb organizer and was a great character I was going to like. To each his own I suppose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
I'm still not sure that this is in fact Lelouch. Clothes don’t match. Maybe that is the legendary general? Bah, anyhow we'll se soon enough who that is exactly.
He's wearing a typical restraining suit if you look at his legs on the bottom, like everyone else was during the prison scene in Episode 26, I'd doubt they'd drag him before the Emperor without any precaution. And who else would Suzaku drag before the Emperor who has that kind of hair?
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 21:58   Link #42
Var
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Well, this episode was said to be the one that bridges season 1 and R2 together, while episode 1 was meant to introduce the show to new viewers.
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that Episode 1 bridged the two season's quite nicely, I expect Episode 2 to fill in the last of the blanks before kicking off something new half-way through...ish.
Var is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 21:59   Link #43
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well, I'm just going by what was said by the staff. I don't expect them to linger very long on the past though.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 22:24   Link #44
Ansa

Quote:
Well, I'm just going by what was said by the staff. I don't expect them to linger very long on the past though.
I'd be best if they didn't they've got a living crapload of things to answer for this season already and it's just the first/second episode XD

I am wondering if we will actually get some answers or not this time around, the first episodes brought far more questions and pretty much 0 answers.
Ansa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 22:30   Link #45
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Not really. We found out Lelouch was brainwashed, what a lot of characters have been up to, and a few other things.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-04-12, 22:32   Link #46
Theron
Professional Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrimzonStriker View Post
He's wearing a typical restraining suit if you look at his legs on the bottom, like everyone else was during the prison scene in Episode 26, I'd doubt they'd drag him before the Emperor without any precaution. And who else would Suzaku drag before the Emperor who has that kind of hair?
Sokka. But it still feels weird that Susaku would drag Lelouch to the mainland to put on his knees before the Emperor rather than just kill him than and there. Of course I might not get what’s going on in Suzaku’s screwed up head.
Also we still haven't seen the legendary commander, who knows what kind of hair he has...
Theron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 22:33   Link #47
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Maybe V.V. intervened or something. Or maybe Suzaku did it as a sign of his "friendship."

Old 2008-04-12, 22:35   Link #48
WhiteWings

The whole process DOESN'T make any sense. Other than making the story go foward there doesn't seem to be any logical or feasible reason behind them.
Old 2008-04-12, 22:36   Link #49
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I'm not following. What exactly are you talking about?

Old 2008-04-12, 22:38   Link #50
Mgz
Madlax fanboyz

Send a message via Yahoo to Mgz
countdown for EPS 2

http://www.timeanddate.com/counters/...n=0&sec=0&p0=0

5 hrs 23 mins to go

maybe the OP can include this link for future eps
Mgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-12, 22:49   Link #51
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

No more countdown please. That got quite annoying last time.

Old 2008-04-12, 22:57   Link #52
WhiteWings

Quote:
I'm not following. What exactly are you talking about?
Ah, sorry. I meant about Suzaku not killing Zero/Lelouch and instead dragging him off across the globe and later swearing that he will kill Zero... all that nonsense.
Old 2008-04-12, 23:01   Link #53
Theron
Professional Lurker

Quote:
Maybe V.V. intervened or something. Or maybe Suzaku did it as a sign of his "friendship."
Or was it a present for the Emperor to show where Suzaku's true loyalty lies. But at the same time it contradicts what he sad at the end of episode 1 - "I will be the one to kill Zero". Then why you didn't while you got the chance?! I guess, he was worried about season 2 as well.
Old 2008-04-12, 23:02   Link #54
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWings View Post
Ah, sorry. I meant about Suzaku not killing Zero/Lelouch and instead dragging him off across the globe and later swearing that he will kill Zero... all that nonsense.
Nonsense? There are a variety of reasons for it. V.V. could have interfered somehow or Suzaku's twisted notion of friendship in the cave made him take Lelouch to the Emperor rather than killing him there.

Old 2008-04-12, 23:08   Link #55
WhiteWings

What letting Lelouch live and countinue in what would become a 'pleasant' hell for Lelouch then go off to hunt him down? That's not friendship. It's sadism.

Of course, there is a chance that Suzaku had no say in letting Lelouch live on as Lelouch but it's still kinda weak in my opinion.
Old 2008-04-12, 23:09   Link #56
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

In Suzaku's mind, he is saving Lelouch from himself. That was partly his argument in the last Picture Book. It may sound crazy, but it was the viewpoint Suzaku had a year ago.

Old 2008-04-12, 23:11   Link #57
KrimzonStriker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theron View Post
Or was it a present for the Emperor to show where Suzaku's true loyalty lies. But at the same time it contradicts what he sad at the end of episode 1 - "I will be the one to kill Zero". Then why you didn't while you got the chance?! I guess, he was worried about season 2 as well.
Well, technically it was Lelouch Lamperouge who was around for the last year, not Zero. Now that Zero's back I could see that all bets are off and Suzaku is going to finish the job he started a year ago.

Edit: Yes, I agree, Suzaku is indeed a cracked up sadists what with all his friendship talk after shooting Lelouch and letting him live that lie for a year. Me thinks the hypocrisy isn't all gone from our dear Lancelot
Old 2008-04-12, 23:19   Link #58
Theron
Professional Lurker

Maybe he's brainwashed too? Although he wasn't so very sane at the end of R1 anyway...
Old 2008-04-12, 23:21   Link #59
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I doubt he has been brainwashed. He was just acting on that personality he had back in season 1 with Lelouch. He isn't going to be giving Lelouch anymore chances if he pulls something again methinks.

Old 2008-04-12, 23:21   Link #60
KrimzonStriker

Exactly, Suzaku's probably as messed up as Orange-kun when it comes to Zero these days, just in a different form